Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2015
Fuckk... rip Josuke's grandpa. One tiny mistake and this angelo fucker did it... awesome way Josuke caught it with a glove lol. That way he mixed him with the stone was crazy. Loving that ED
Apr 8, 2016 11:06 AM

May 2015
stand said:
SaberMacro said:
JoJoLion confirmed.

Okay i'll see you here in about 90 years. We got this.

If my calculation is correct, we'll see it in 2025.

Or, you know, just grab Pucci when he's not busy being straight in bed.
Apr 8, 2016 11:07 AM
Mar 2016
CetteHistoire said:

No, I don't think a scene of total sadness would have fit either. I just think it would have been better if they showed it a little bit more, even just a little, to make the viewer relate more. I don't think what they did now was bad, I just think it could have been a little better.

Nice seeing someone care for the supporting character's death.
Apr 8, 2016 11:09 AM

May 2015
Kellhus said:
The song for the OP was fitting and I was expecting something along those lines, the visuals however were quite disappointing not only because they departed from the original style but it was basically a slideshow of character models.

The ED was nice though, 90s nostalgia.

I snickered, because this part is where Araki diverts from his Fist of the North Star art to a more effeminate style of characters.

I'd say good job David Pro. You did it again.
Apr 8, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2013
That ED song is so cooool
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 8, 2016 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
the op fits the season four. i think the plot of this season will be funny rather than being serious
Apr 8, 2016 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
@galimx I don't think so, part 4 is too big, they would need to rush a lot to fit it in 39 episodes. I think the way SogiitaGunha divided it in the Episode # count thread is the best approach.

By the way, really liked when Shizuka appeared in the opening.
Apr 8, 2016 11:15 AM

May 2015
galimx said:
SaberMacro said:

If my calculation is correct, we'll see it in 2025.

Or, you know, just grab Pucci when he's not busy being straight in bed.

Pucci is busy looking for Heaven and teaching girls in prison.

Seriously, I hope we at least get the adaptation of part 5 and part 6 someday. JoJolion isnt even over. It will take probably another 5 years.

We're going to get Parte 5 in 2 years, Part 6 in 4 years, Part 7 in 6 years and it will run for 3 years.

9 years in total.
Apr 8, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2010
After a week full of new series that I watched from which some were quite good, I started to wonder whatever putting Jojo on first spot in this season was correct.

Still after this episode...

No more doubts, Jojo is definitely the best anime of the season and it's opening is simply godlike.
Apr 8, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2014
They're here

----
Apr 8, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
The ED is Savage Garden? SAVAGE GARDEN? It'll take time getting used to that song as the ED theme without the qt vocalist singing in a 90's music video. The ED clip looked visually very cool though, I don't think I'll ever be skipping it. This is the first JoJo end theme I had listened to before watching the show, and it was super weird hearing those first notes play and recognizing them.

The OP is a disappointment visually, but the song super groovy. I hope they switch the animation as the series progresses. I need the CG back ;_; (never thought I'd ever say that lol)

The episode itself was a solid 4/5-5/5. I've missed the thrilling monster-of-the-week episodes from SC, and we got to know Josuke a bit more (as a non-manga reading pleb I have no clue what the cast is like). The look of the backgrounds and the landscape is also growing on me.
Apr 8, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2014
Both episodes so far have been pretty good, my favorite anime so far this year
Apr 8, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2015
Seriously? This even topped the Dio fight and ... it was just the first fight.
Holy...just... If DiU continues like this it will be my favourite Anime of all time.

Also the animation was incredible I mean it looked like it has the twice of the first episode's effort. Which really is weird considering that many studios go all out in the first episode.
NycroApr 8, 2016 11:54 AM
Apr 8, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2015
OP is funky as hell. Really nice, though it would have been good to get some CGI.
ED was ok. Liked the other ones more.

Episode itself was perfectly adapted. Really tense. Animation definitely a step up from last week. OST was great.
Angelo looks weird as a rock though. Looks a bit more humany than I remember him being.
-Sherou-Apr 8, 2016 11:46 AM

Apr 8, 2016 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
Awesome OP and ED. I wonder how how OP will turn out with the sound effects.
Apr 8, 2016 11:46 AM

Aug 2015
The one thing I love about JoJo's is that its English ending songs are actual songs that aren't written specifically for the anime. First Yes's Roundabout, and now Savage Garden's I Want You. Great taste, hopefully if it's released in the U.S they won't replace them due to copyright, like with Eden of the East's opening.
Apr 8, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
Nycro said:
Holy...just... If DiU continues like this it will be my favourite Anime of all time.

Also the animation was incredible I mean it looked like it has the twice of the first episode's effort. Which really is weird considering that the many studios go all out in the first episode.

I know right? Okay emotional weight behind the fight aside this was in so many ways superior than any fight in Stardust Crusader and some people apparently call this the worst villain in part 4. My expectations just got significantly higher.

Since JoJo is the 4th part in its series with a huge fanbase behind it, they don't really need to go all out in the first episode like an anime original or first time adaptation that have to draw in as much new viewer as possible. That's at least what I think.
Apr 8, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
That transition between Jotaro leaving the hotel and getting into the car was slick and great as hell.

Angelo seemed more menacing in the anime.

Apr 8, 2016 11:59 AM

Jan 2016
Love the new OP. It's not as manly or hype as the other ones, and it doesn't have the gorgeous CGI they had, but it's catchy, funky, fabulous, and it fits the tone of Part 4 very well. Also, dancing Hazamada is adorable as fuck.
That said, no OP will ever top Sono Chi no Kioku.

About the episode; is it just me, or are the death scenes here much gorier than they were in the manga? Maybe it's because i haven't read the manga in a while, but i don't remember it being quite that violent in early part 4.

Also, did anyone else notice the Nijimura house in the background as Koichi walked away from Josuke's house? A nice little touch.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Apr 8, 2016 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
Damn Angelo got rocked... literally!
Apr 8, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2013
So much violence at the beginning of the episode.

They are doing a very good job with this anime.
Apr 8, 2016 12:27 PM

May 2014
I miss the CGI openings.

Ending not bad at all, but not crazy about their choice. Still would have preferred Pink Floyd but O WELL
Apr 8, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
Really like the opening though I do miss the CGI.

Still digging this adaptation so far, by far the best from everything I've watched this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2016 12:33 PM

May 2014
GREATO DAZE

Op and Ed are fantastic. Love Them.

Notice the Nijimura house in the scene with Koichi
Apr 8, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2009
Fappa said:
Nycro said:

Also the animation was incredible I mean it looked like it has the twice of the first episode's effort. Which really is weird considering that the many studios go all out in the first episode.

I know right? Okay emotional weight behind the fight aside this was in so many ways superior than any fight in Stardust Crusader and some people apparently call this the worst villain in part 4. My expectations just got significantly higher.

I think Vanilla Ice and a few other fights would like to have a word with you...

But one can actually see that Araki's creativity in regards to Stands gets a lot more loose and wilder now that he got the entire concept more or less worked out. Stands will continue to get weirder and crazier with each new part.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 8, 2016 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
Loved the details in the episode. I generally love JoJo because its anime adaptation is like a moving colored manga.
Incredible ending as well, I wonder how many years it has been since I watched an ending completely without skipping or forcing myself through. This might probably be my 2nd time ever. I really loved the song since its not a generic J-Pop or Rock song with high pitched Japanese idol voices.
Apr 8, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2014
Ehhh.., the OP is okay, I guess.., although I think it's the worst out of all JBA's openings. Still decent, though. I'm fine with it.

The episode was entertaining, but nothing crazy. I'm glad Angelo is done for. I didn't like his character.

Kind of a slow start so far, in my opinion, but I'm sure it'll get better. Nijimura Brothers look pretty cool. Looking forward to the next week's episode.
Apr 8, 2016 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
The Opening song is not my favorite from all JoJo Openings, this one seems rather lackluster and rather standard compared to the hyped as fuck ones. But this one is alright. It fits. ED is fucking great.

Also, I will say that the episode was pretty good, I found it savage though when Angelo was bitting the dog's mouth, putting it onto his mouth, opening the guy's mouth and spitted even the tongue of the dog. Holy fuck that was savage.
Apr 8, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2009
Man that was my favorite JoJo opening theme yet. So catchy and fun, and I loved that the main cast was dancing! It's hilarious having an opening like that and having an episode as dark as this. I felt the feels when Jotaro told Josuke that not even a stand could bring people back to life, obviously thinking back to those he lost in Stardust Crusaders. Freaking villain was one of the worst JoJo has ever had, like I almost gagged seeing the terrible shit he did, glad he got a fate worse than death, basically Kars 2.0

5/5 episode can't wait for next week.
Aiko_HiroshiApr 8, 2016 1:03 PM
Apr 8, 2016 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
But one can actually see that Araki's creativity in regards to Stands gets a lot more loose and wilder now that he got the entire concept more or less worked out. Stands will continue to get weirder and crazier with each new part.

Yeah, I love how the Stand powers are a lot less "basic" than they tended to be in Part 3. It leads to a lot of creative and clever uses of the Stands in battle.
Apr 8, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
The OP is good and probably the "happiest" one yet. I love JJBA so much.

I had to look away the moment I saw a dog enter the scene. Knew what was going to happen there. Yuck!

Man, I saw so many parallels between Josuke and Jotaro though from back when he was a Crusader -- I'm definitely going to gif them later.

I'm still waiting for that flashback scene someone mentioned in the discussion last episode. I want to see Kak~! And that moment when Jotaro said that even a Stand couldn't bring someone back from the dead caused me pain and I started to think that a power like Josuke's would've been useful back when Kakyoin had a hole in his stomach (You can probably tell who my favorite JJBA character is).
JotakakApr 8, 2016 12:56 PM
Apr 8, 2016 12:57 PM

Nov 2014
That baseball video game remind the game from the prequel. Lol
Apr 8, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
This will really be the best anime of the season. Angelo looked so psychotic, what will it be with Kira?! I really had chills when he killed Josuke's grandfather.

The OP looks cool, we can see the difference between this and Stardust whith the story and characters becoming less Hokuto no Ken to find its own style.
I'm seriously waiting for the rats episode lol.
Apr 8, 2016 1:13 PM

Dec 2015
I think I laughed more than I should have, when the narrator started saying how the Angelo Rock became an attraction.
Enjoyed the fight with Angelo's stand, it was intense and Angelo really is clever himself, but got outdone by Josuke.
Really liking both the OP and ED.

Apr 8, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2016
I miss so much the epic manly Opening with the Jojox3 in the chorus, hope they will bring it back in part 2. MAN!!!!!!!!! Loved the episode this week <3 Josuke is badass as any JoeStar. Can't wait for another episode.
Apr 8, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
Jesus that OP was so shit, at least the ending was alright. Episode was a bit meh to be honest, hope things improve.
Apr 8, 2016 1:30 PM

Nov 2011
aikaflip said:
Literally yelled "what the fuck?!" at the scene of Angelo biting part of the dogs head off, then spitting it into that dude's mouth. Hirohiko Araki must despise animals.

He actually loves animals, which is why he uses that as a way of conveying how evil and twisted the villains are.
Apr 8, 2016 1:32 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Top bad the OP isn't CGI. The OP and ED are really good though. Another food (and somewhat disturbing at times) episode!

5/5
Apr 8, 2016 1:35 PM

Nov 2010
Well shit, this episode was better than 80% of stardust crusaders. Fucking awesome
Apr 8, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Josuke playing 'Oh that's a baseball' was a lovely nod to Stardust Crusaders.
Got to love David Production.
Apr 8, 2016 1:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That scene with Angelo and the dog. Just brutal!

Savage Garden?!! LOL, My predictions of the ED's o Jojo are always wildly off the mark.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2016 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
Remember to go to the savage garden I want you, youtube videos and show the jojo love :)

OP is funky but no cgi? wow :O
That was raw and brutal with the dog and Josuke blowing holes in people XD
Angelo killed gramps, but is defeated and merged with a rock :)

Amazing ep, the pacing will stay fast thou since it's only 3 cour:(
Apr 8, 2016 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
The funky 80s style is back and I can say that it's a nice change of pace. Opening song was okayish, but overal was good.

The way Josuke captured Aqua Necklace for the second time was a great asspull from my point of view, even for JoJo standards, hence why 4/5, but that's just my opinion.

Ending song fits like a glove to the whole atmosphere; well done once again, David Productions.
Apr 8, 2016 2:18 PM

Aug 2011
Good episode.
No CG in the OP :(
Apr 8, 2016 2:25 PM

Nov 2011
ichii_1 said:
Amazing ep, the pacing will stay fast thou since it's only 3 cour:(

It hasn't been confirmed to be 3 cour anywhere legitimate. We have no idea how long it's gonna be.
Apr 8, 2016 2:37 PM

Mar 2014
pretty nice ED :D

is "bizarre" that couples like to stay near of a homicinal rock :0
Apr 8, 2016 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
Torasu said:

The way Josuke captured Aqua Necklace for the second time was a great asspull from my point of view, even for JoJo standards, hence why 4/5, but that's just my opinion.

Not necessarily an asspull.

http://i.imgur.com/sOqvdtn.png?1

16:59 to 17:06.

As you can see, he picked up the glove.
Apr 8, 2016 3:05 PM
Nov 2014
Torasu said:
The funky 80s style is back and I can say that it's a nice change of pace. Opening song was okayish, but overal was good.

Ending song fits like a glove to the whole atmosphere; well done once again, David Productions.
It's not an asspull it's pretty much described in full the manga Josuke upon hearing of the stand's abilties made a back up plan in case he failed. The anime obviously assumed the watchers to be observant enough to realise such a thought process

It was a simple hedging of bets and made lot of sense considering the abiltie involved
NeelixApr 8, 2016 3:39 PM
Apr 8, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
Op is great but wish it was in the same visual style as thw previous ones. I want you as the ed is pretty cool.

Loved the episode
Apr 8, 2016 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
That Angelo got what he deserved and it was funny to see that he became a landmark where lovers gather,lol.
Too bad that his grandfather died.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

373 by Hevants »»
Jun 23, 3:22 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

165 by Hevants »»
Jun 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

161 by my_5ummer_love »»
Jun 2, 3:27 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

149 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.