Forum Settings
Forums

Lesser of Two Evils: Studio Pierrot or Toei Animation?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 7, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:
You make it sound like its not a big problem.
Not for me, the directing was decent, it's all I need. I don't know for what reason they are extending it out to 50 episodes (higher episode count = better known because it's around for a longer period?), but it's not that bad. weird pauses are weird though Compared to that, Tokyo Ghoul's directing from episode 2 to 2nd last episode was bad, for the pacing, I'd rather it goes slow than goes fast. Just me personally.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 7, 2015 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Z4k said:

You make it sound like its not a big problem.
At least they didn't skip original material as that's what Shadow senpai was talking about.

Do all shows done by Pierrot skip original material?
Feb 7, 2015 10:39 AM

Nov 2010
Z4k said:
IntroverTurtle said:
At least they didn't skip original material as that's what Shadow senpai was talking about.

You were comparing one show to one show doesn't make sense to bring up the whole studio now.
Feb 7, 2015 11:07 AM

Apr 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Z4k said:

You were comparing one show to one show doesn't make sense to bring up the whole studio now.

I may have worded it poorly but what I initially meant was that not every series done by Pierrot have skipped content or pacing issues. Tokyo ghoul might have pacing issues or skipped content but the same flaws won't be visible in Pierrot's different titles such as Akatsuki no Yona or Baby steps. When it comes to Toei the most common and noticeable flaw is that their titlles have bad animation and awkward pauses. They're not even trying to solve that problem.
Feb 7, 2015 11:48 AM

Dec 2012
Oh, it's the pauses. That's what makes Toei shows boring for me, I forgot, I thought it was just the slow pacing.
Feb 7, 2015 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:

I may have worded it poorly but what I initially meant was that not every series done by Pierrot have skipped content or pacing issues. Tokyo ghoul might have pacing issues or skipped content but the same flaws won't be visible in Pierrot's different titles such as Akatsuki no Yona or Baby steps. When it comes to Toei the most common and noticeable flaw is that their titlles have bad animation and awkward pauses. They're not even trying to solve that problem.

Gohan filler arc pre Saiyan Saga was better than Tokyo Ghoul Season 1.

Feb 7, 2015 11:54 AM
Apr 2014
They are both mediocre. But i think that Pierrot is a little better. Just a little.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Feb 7, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
LordPerucho said:
Z4k said:

K
Feb 7, 2015 12:05 PM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:

Pierrot wasn't consistent as well animation-wise, and Toei had titles without bad animation and awkward pauses.
Feb 7, 2015 12:13 PM

Dec 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
and Toei had titles without bad animation and awkward pauses.

Kyousougiga? Mononoke?

I was very surprised to learn that they were made by Toei, along with Kuuchuu buranko, don't seem like anime Toei would make, being artistic and all.
Feb 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:

Kyousougiga? Mononoke?

I was very surprised to learn that they were made by Toei, along with Kuuchuu buranko, don't seem like anime Toei would make, being artistic and all.
Yep, and those titles contributed in making Toei my favorite studio. Unfortunately, most people only know Toei by One Piece or Dragon Ball.
Feb 7, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Kyousougiga? Mononoke?

This, and also there are good and bad titles made by every studio. You could write off PA Works because of Glasslip, and completely miss Uchouten Kazoku and Nagi no Asukara.
Feb 7, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
LordPerucho said:
Z4k said:

The Garlic Saga was cancer.
Feb 7, 2015 1:42 PM

Feb 2015
odagiri said:
People should stop hating on studio pierrot because of tokyo ghoul. the manga was never good to begin with. they did what they can with what they have.

Regardless the quality of the source material, the adaptation is just flat out terrible. Bad writing topped of with substandard animation.
Feb 7, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
odagiri said:
People should stop hating on studio pierrot because of tokyo ghoul. the manga was never good to begin with. they did what they can with what they have.

Now watch the Emos aka TG core fanbase to bash u.

Feb 7, 2015 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
LordPerucho said:
odagiri said:

Now watch the Emos aka TG core fanbase to bash u.

Nah we don't mind. But it must be tough running around in every forums board just to bash TG like in arlongs park by calling it a bleach rip off and make a fool out of yourself during the process lol.
Z4KFeb 7, 2015 1:56 PM
Feb 7, 2015 5:08 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:

Nah we don't mind. But it must be tough running around in every forums board just to bash TG like in arlongs park by calling it a bleach rip off and make a fool out of yourself during the process lol.

That guy got banned, I remember he created like 5 accounts and bashed every series nonstop.

Seinentards are a bunch of hypocrites, and even OP fans from AP, defending the totantas shit like its good writing.

Mar 11, 2015 10:08 PM

Feb 2015
After dbz,toei kinda lost their touch and they now animate mediocore anime.While pierrot which has time to time eye puking animations can still make awesome fight scenses and soundtracks and animate more popular series
Mar 11, 2015 10:15 PM

Jun 2011
CyberAnimeLover said:
After dbz,toei kinda lost their touch and they now animate mediocore anime.While pierrot which has time to time eye puking animations can still make awesome fight scenses and soundtracks and animate more popular series
Stop talking as if you know much about them. Beside One Piece and DBZ and Digimon I doubt you've seen any other titles of theirs.

By the way change your fucking avatar because it's NSFW and there are kids on the internet, be more considerate of others, and more importantly, it's against the fucking forum rule because this is not a hentai forum.
Mar 11, 2015 10:15 PM

Sep 2013
Pierrot should do a Hinata hentai ;)
I'm sure the sales will be big :)
Mar 11, 2015 10:32 PM

Dec 2012
ichii_1 said:
Pierrot should do a Hinata hentai ;)
I'm sure the sales will be big :)
Like Hinata...from Naruto? I'd insta drop and 1/10 Studio Pierrot for life.

@ Topic - What I don't get about Pierrot is why are they doing a faithful adaptation of Akatsuki no Yona yet decided to apparently shaft Tokyo Ghoul and go their own route? I'm not familiar with either's source material so I'm mostly working off word of mouth, but if they're willing to stay true to and honor one source that has 100+ chapters, why not the other that is undoubtedly more popular and worthwhile?
Mar 11, 2015 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
What I don't get about Pierrot is why are they doing a faithful adaptation of Akatsuki no Yona yet decided to apparently shaft Tokyo Ghoul and go their own route? I'm not familiar with either's source material so I'm mostly working off word of mouth, but if they're willing to stay true to and honor one source that has 100+ chapters, why not the other that is undoubtedly more popular and worthwhile?

I'm pretty sure it was the choice of Sui Ishida - the creator of the "Tokyo Ghoul" manga.

He decided that the anime sequel "Tokyo Ghoul √A" will adapt his original idea rather than the second idea that he penned for the manga.
Mar 12, 2015 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
The studios are paid to make the anime so blame the publishing company that hired them.
Akatsuki was given a full budget obviously.

While tokyo ghoul wasn't, because doing a 24 ep season would not make them money (yeah anime needs to be profitable :O), so they fit everything in 1 season with the help from the mangaka.
Mar 12, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2014
Pierrot any day
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2015 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:
The studios are paid to make the anime so blame the publishing company that hired them.
Akatsuki was given a full budget obviously.

While tokyo ghoul wasn't, because doing a 24 ep season would not make them money (yeah anime needs to be profitable :O), so they fit everything in 1 season with the help from the mangaka.

Actually the studio (or director more precisely) also have a word to say like influencing the allocated budget or number of episodes.

https://washiblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/anime-production-detailed-guide-to-how-anime-is-made-and-the-talent-behind-it/
Mar 12, 2015 12:19 PM
Sep 2007
I watched The Legend of Korra recently, and it was rather well animated by Studio Pierrot.
Mar 12, 2015 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
Garfild said:
I watched The Legend of Korra recently, and it was rather well animated by Studio Pierrot.
Pierrot did not animate all the episodes. I think they animated like 8 or something and some people say that those episodes have lower quality than others but I'm not sure.
Mar 12, 2015 12:24 PM
Sep 2007
Well, I pretty much marathoned the series, and episodes were, IMO, more, or less, equal in quality.
Mar 12, 2015 2:13 PM

Sep 2013
Pierrot has Yona of the Dawn, Toei has... nope, I got nothing. Thus Pierrot is the lesser of the 2 evils.
Mar 12, 2015 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
Old_Raven said:
Pierrot has Yona of the Dawn, Toei has... nope, I got nothing.

Perhaps "Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem"?
Mar 12, 2015 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Please, Liden Films is the only perfect answer.
Mar 12, 2015 3:56 PM

Nov 2010
Old_Raven said:
Pierrot has Yona of the Dawn, Toei has... nope, I got nothing. Thus Pierrot is the lesser of the 2 evils.
One Piece, Mononoke, Kyosougiga, Kuuchu Buranko, etc. The only reason you don't know much of their work is that most isn't watched by people online, they're movies or they're aimed at kids.
Jul 30, 2015 4:34 PM

Sep 2013
I think Pierrot is better..but I hate them more than Toei because...let's say Toei isn't responsible for any of my favorite anime..
Jul 30, 2015 4:39 PM

Jul 2015
I will forever scorn Studio Pierrot. Terrible ass company
Aug 4, 2015 4:47 AM
Jun 2015
Well,Toei compensates shitty animation with faster story(that includes little to none fillers and incredible fighting.)

While Pierrot compensates it's slow story(Countless,COUNTLESS) fillers and loose adaption of mangas with better animation.
Aug 4, 2015 4:48 AM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Kyousougiga? Mononoke?

Kinda hard to argue with a Naruto fanboy.
Aug 4, 2015 4:50 AM

Jun 2015
Studio Pierrot had Akatsuki no yona, so I can forgive them.
Aug 4, 2015 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
ITT: People acting as if they know how the industry works while blaming the studios alone for low quality adaptations.

Neither of them are bad studios because they didn't draw your favorite anime properly.
Aug 4, 2015 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
Studio Pierrot's bungling of a mediocre manga is what caused the manga to boom in popularity. Tokyo Ghoul fanboys should stop crying and be happy.
Feb 20, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2015
j0x said:
Yu Yu Hakusho's animation can still be compared to modern long running anime, same is true with Bleach the animation of Bleach is not that totally bad so i choose Studio Pierrot
Modern long running anime can look better than other modern anime at times (Gintama).
Feb 20, 2016 8:46 PM

Apr 2015
They both have their good and bad adaptations
However I like Toei
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2016 8:56 PM

Nov 2015
Although I don't mind Bleach I have to say Pierrot.
I mean just look at it: Shoddy animation, butchers the original source material &t hey made Tokyo Ghoul.
Feb 20, 2016 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
Studio Pierrot isn't as good as they used to be, but Toei is flawed too.
Feb 21, 2016 6:18 AM

Dec 2014
Kruzy said:
ITT: People acting as if they know how the industry works while blaming the studios alone for low quality adaptations.

Neither of them are bad studios because they didn't draw your favorite anime properly.

THIS.

And well, I have seen shows I liked from Pierrot. (Even though one of them is technically a co-production with Studio ARMS but still) Haven't seen a Toei show since the time that the CN version of Toonami shut down. I don't really have an interest in long running shounen, but some of their lesser known productions (Kuuchuu Buranko, Kyousogiga, and Mononoke in particular) do sound kind of interesting.
Feb 21, 2016 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
i wanted to choose the option "both are good"
Jul 3, 2016 9:31 PM
Mar 2016
Who's the lesser of the two evils: Studio Pierrot or Toei Animation?
Fuck, I don't know. I think that they're both pretty evil.
I don't watch shounenshit, so why the fuck should I care?
Jul 3, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2015
Toei is good sometimes, like really good.....and at the other side we have Studio Pierrot (Naruto/Tokyo Ghoul/Sousei no Omnyouji)....when I started watching several Studio Pierrot animes ( back then I was anime-only watcher) it was neither bad or good (Naruto was awful, Tokyo Ghoul was good), but when My best battle shounen manga (Sousei no Omnyoji) got adaptation and it was at Pierrot hands, I was scared, like really scared....and it is AWFUL = original fillers, original characters, etc....So Pierrot can go to hell!!!!
Aug 6, 2016 9:03 AM
Dec 2015
Studio Pierrot is fucking up Naruto right now..

I don't understand why people stopped complaining about the shitty fillers.. They should keep complaining.

Pierot fucked up the story so bad and just shat at the better story that explained and conclude for the series from the manga and just replaced it with some silly, stupid story, the same shitty story that doesn't make sense and is boring like their fillers. Shit! Fuck that shit! Eww! More people watch the anime than read the manga as well. This is so disgusting. It annoys me very much how people thought the Pierrot's major changes in the story didn't happen in the manga and that it made more sense in the manga. Their action scenes are also slow ass paced for Ninjas... Their art, sounds, characters, etc aren't shit, but the story would have easily been very good without those fillers bull shit, misadaptation of the manga, and fuck up plots that they changed from the original manga. How the hell does Kishimoto allow this bull shit to go on? Pierrot is now one of my most hated studio but I will keep watching their anime. Fuck them. Just throw the shitty directors into trash and have them be arrested for ruining a franchise while still being successful, not being they're very stupid, but because the series was one of the big franchises already.
Aug 6, 2016 9:17 AM

May 2016
That's gotta be Toei...Pierrot ruin adaptations But at least delivers some good animation...Toei adaptations are ok, But their animation suck so bad it doesnt even matter...And they ruined my favorite Shonen One Piece...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 6, 2016 9:19 AM

Jul 2015
burn both of them
hope they bankrupt someday
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Animew Stater Pack ( 1 2 )

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 16

75 by TransferUser »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime?

TheSunLife - 2 hours ago

17 by HellindiuM »»
1 minute ago

» Adventure/Action Shounen with the Best and Worst ROMANCE (just the ones that even tried)

Rob7 - Yesterday

19 by WaterMage »»
23 minutes ago

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - Yesterday

46 by Sphealz »»
32 minutes ago

» Why can't anime properly paradoy

Lol1268 - Sep 7

15 by WaterMage »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.