Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 10, 2015 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
This series was beautiful. That's all I can say, 9/10.
Dec 24, 2015 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
With each bite of that bento feels like my soul is being eaten!
Great show 9/10.
Jan 12, 2016 10:05 PM

Jan 2012
that was a very funky anime
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 27, 2016 10:49 PM

Aug 2012
That little montage as Hotaru and her parents were walking to the road repair site was pretty fitting to be in the season 1 finale. I also liked the callbacks this episode had to the first one since it tied everything together pretty well. Overall this show was pretty relaxing to watch, and I only remember giving one episode a below average rating. This was definitely better than a lot of the anime I've seen.
Mar 29, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2015
That was pretty pleasant to watch. Renge as a fairy looked so kawaii.

Now on to the second season, Repeat.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Apr 1, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
What a nice episode to sum up such a relaxing show, especially Renge's moeness went over 9000!

A solid 8/10 for me, looking forward to the OVA and Repeat!
Apr 20, 2016 5:11 PM

Jun 2011
When the title card were hanging down, there was a sound that made me think I still had Virtual Villagers Secret City running.
Angry_Anime_NerdApr 20, 2016 6:09 PM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 5, 2016 5:45 AM

Jan 2015
Awww!! what a beautiful anime, now let's check the 2nd season for more nature and Renge ^~^
Jun 20, 2016 2:05 PM

Feb 2016
At least she managed to look funky in the end. The show's been amusing and entertaining.

A stable 7/10 is paying homage to it.
Nov 12, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
This really was over a bit too fast imo, thank god there's a second season. A really good soothing anime, enjoyed watching it a lot :3
8/10
Dec 5, 2016 1:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The episode starts strong already, with Hotaru and Komari sweetness!
That is already enough make me happy, the rest of the episode was also a pleasure to watch, this whole series is just such a smooth experience!!

I have had problem in sleeping recently, I think I m just going to rewatch this time and time again, whenever I have problems sleeping, it is that great of a show, that even surpasses Natsume in making me feel at ease!

Dec 20, 2016 5:22 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Renge, still worried about living in the country.

8/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 2, 2017 8:08 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The moment when Natsu's brother and Renge had such a long stare and then Renge runs away xD
Hotaru and Komari lol
When your friend makes food, tastes bad but you eat it anyway lol.

Very enjoyable show, great to watch after a long day at work.

Jan 4, 2017 10:46 AM
Feb 2015
One of the most chill/calm anime I've seen in a while. Definitely soothing during this period of final exams ( I should be studying right now...).
anyways, I'm moving to the country side now~
Apr 5, 2017 6:22 AM

May 2015
Nyanpasu~ This was pretty damn good. Looking forward to watching NNB Repeat <3

Only problem I had with this show was Komari, idk but shes so annoying.
Apr 10, 2017 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
Really cute, relaxing anime, love how the brother never talked or even has a VA for it on the page :D
NYANPASU~

Wonder if Repeat will have them a little bit older, despite this anime taking place in 1 full year.

8/10
Apr 14, 2017 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
loved this probably my favorite anime i've watched so far
but one thing kept bugging me

why the hell is the school so big when there are only 5 students?

10/10
May 3, 2017 5:47 PM

Jun 2015
Very enjoyable. I said after starting this show that I'm not a SoL fan, but I'd say Lucky Star and now Non Non Biyori are big exceptions. This show is patient, it shows restraint in its antics and in the voice acting (most of the time), and had some very honest and relatable childhood moments that I appreciated. 8/10! Looking forward to trying out the sequel as well.
Jul 1, 2017 3:13 AM
Jul 2015
The panorama artwork is truly materpiece! Thank God i've finished this beautiful anime.
Aug 5, 2017 3:00 AM

Nov 2011
Not enough words to suffice how great this was, everything was just up there, setting was perfect, comedy was great, characters even more, can't wait for more.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 20, 2017 10:50 PM

Jun 2016
Hotaru having a date (picnic) with her beloved Komari-senpai. Haha. Kawaii! And she ate all her horrendous she cooked just to make her senpai happy. Hahaha! Fat love. Dafuq did I just say!?!?

Ren-chon was named after a cute tiny flower just like her. Hahaha. So cuutee. And Ren-chon you always look cute!

I swear this anime made me want to live in rural area just like Natsume Yuujinchou. It's soooo heartwarming and ugh this anime's so beautiful. I wished it was longer, though. ;-;

Love love love this show soooo much! What a glorious way to end a glorious anime. And Ren, Natsumi, Komari, and Hotaru waved good bye to us! Gaaaaah.

10/10

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 26, 2017 10:04 PM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
A nice little series, very simple and yet very enjoyable. I can't wait to start it's second season. Well worth the time, and definitely has some rewatch value.
Oct 22, 2017 7:22 AM

Oct 2015
The picnic between Komari and Hotaru was a fun one to watch in the first half of the episode and second half was good. Suguru still hasn't spoke in this series, I guess he does not have a significant presence. I loved these girls especially Natsumi that is one silly dumbgirl and that kawaii Rengen, loved the VA that voiced her she delivered her well.

Although there was no significant plot it was very good to watch so 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 24, 2017 1:19 AM

Feb 2015
This was pretty good, with really nice environmental art. Too bad best character, Nii-chan, didn't get more screentime.
Apr 6, 2018 5:00 AM

Jul 2016
Milennin said:
This was pretty good, with really nice environmental art. Too bad best character, Nii-chan, didn't get more screentime.

Yeah,Nii-Chan didn't get much screentime,he didn't even talk much in this series

This is the only one thing I could rant about,others are pretty good.Really like these light-hearted series,these series are obviously killing my free time and this series is really having a great rewatching value and the characters are really loveable,except Nii-Chan.I believe Nii-Chan is acting as a side character in this series,this show want to focus on the girls more,otherwise it wouldn't have the adorable feeling.Great show!8/10
TokumiaApr 6, 2018 8:51 PM

Life is empty without anime

May 26, 2018 4:12 PM
Nov 2013
Beautiful anime and last episode. Wish I could live in the countryside.
Mar 31, 2019 7:19 AM

Nov 2016
Squid ink pasta? No that's just regular yakisoba xD

And Ren-chon was so adorable,all of them are

This was a beautiful and somewhat poignant episode. Well, it's good to know that there is still more of this franchise in form of a sequel, OVA's and even a movie.

Good series overall, they really nailed the relaxing atmosphere with this one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2019 12:02 AM

May 2016
Lovely show, gonna enjoy the rest of it without a doubt. Ren chan is as cute as ever. 7/10
Aug 26, 2019 7:34 PM

Jul 2016
I just realized that Candy Lady looks a lot like Mashiro from Sakurasou
And yeah, what a great little show. I'm glad I watched it, Renge's face can make anyone happy
Nov 22, 2019 4:36 PM

Jun 2016
I have an odd relationship with Non Non Biyori. I started watching it a year ago today, in fact, I thought it’d be cute to finish the first season on my year anniversary of starting it, that’s why I did today. I basically watched an episode per month or so and with how time passes in the anime it feels like I looked into its moving world and caught a glimpse of what they were doing each time. It’s nice. For me, I watch Biyori whenever I am tired and want to relax, but it’s rare I’m in a perfect mood for it. Yet, I’ve ended up looking forward to watching it and it’s become something special to me. Like I said though, I saw it so broken up that it’s hard to talk about as a whole. I normally try to articulate my feelings with analysis yet I can’t do that in broad detail. I suppose I’ll speak on the emotions it’s given me instead.

I feel like this anime is such a perfect meditation on nature, making the best of the moment, and appreciating friendship and those around us. It’s beautiful and mundane and it needs nothing more than that. Scenes like the montage of Hotaru going to meet her friends are not scenes you see in much else, one’s that sit on the world and let us look at it with no other intention. A few things I could be critical of is the more bombastic humor that I recall coming up at times breaking this atmosphere and the character art looking off model at times or the CG standing out too much at times. But, neither of these were a big deal at all, the latter especially was completely redeemed by the atmosphere, the soft background noises, and the music. It wasn’t a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination.

There was a lot to love this episode. Hotaru taking a bite of the burnt noodles and her eyes going flat, bro chewing grass and having a stare off with Ren before Hotaru cheered her up, “we’re normal, we just own a mountain”, Natsumi getting her brother to chew on some plants, Ren finding Renge flowers cuter knowing their name, the fairy renge crown made by Natsumi, “It’s f-f- FUNKY!”, topping it off with the girls breaking the fourth wall and giving us a goodbye wave. It was sweet.

I think I’m happy giving this anime a 7. It reminds me of how Nichijou is read to me as a meditation of the random and unpredictable, it’s about appreciating the absurdity of life and laughing at and with it. Where Nichijou is great at that side of life, Non Non Biyori is a nice outlet at the slower, and softer side of life, appreciating the less frantic and more so what we have around us, in every moment. I’m eager to watch more!
Jan 1, 2020 5:24 AM

Feb 2018
Woahh... Renge you are so rich lol.
Jan 14, 2020 5:08 AM

Aug 2018
Last episode! Oh! .. I really want to talk like Renge, in her excited manner, lol.. ;p It's so transferable.. ;p
Poor Hotaru.. You needed just to say that you ate already, and that's all.. Well.. I still ship both Hotaru and Komari together.. And, well.. Especially as Komari can't cook too well, Hotaru just can cook for them both!~ ;P
On the other hand, Komari knows about collectable growings.. So it's alright, everyone can know or do something better, and other be better in other thing.. ;p Also I'm sure that Hotaru just loves Komari regardless of her failing in some things.. It's only probably adds to moe, I imagine.. ;p
Brother is truly like a bunny, not talking one as well.. ;p
If the previous episode was funny one, this one is relaxing, I think.. ;p
Renge named flowers are pretty beautiful, honestly..
Yep, just making bento for them both is the best idea, I feel.. ;p
Overall, this anime was really enjoyable.. At times funny or wholesome, mostly relaxing.. ;p Very easy to watch, for some reason, time just flew by.. I also enjoyed girls cast a lot.. Natsumi maybe a bit less, because she was a bit meanie to Komari at times, but, well, they're sisters, so maybe it's not that bad.. Also I need more time for Natsumi to decide, how much I like or not her.. Other 3 girls are just really great.. Hotaru is classic beauty type I enjoy, and watching her blooming love is wholesome and funny as well.. ;p Renge is the little genius, really.. Also with all her facial expressions, her enthusiasm and curious nature at times.. Komari is the girl I like the most in this anime.. And she's not even usually my type, I usually would choose Hotaru maybe as favorite for visual appearance.. But Komari is just too precious really.. ;p I admire her greatly for how she still goes on despite failing in many things.. I find it very strong from her.. Strong Bocchi! ;p And she's just so adorable, really.. ;p I ship her with Hotaru a lot.. Both girls are great, but together they're even better, like in when Hotaru managed to pick Komari and they went to sweets shop together.. ;p Also I liked Kaede a lot and her relationship with Renge, how it's also thanks to her Renge is wearing twintails.. In the end, this anime is just relaxing overall, has lots of wholesome or funny details or happenings, and I like anime's characters a lot.. ;p Great watch, and will be probably happy to watch next season sometimes later in the future as well.. ;p
Apr 25, 2020 2:45 AM

Mar 2017
I really enjoyed this series, it was really good and our hearts felt peaceful while watching it. Best Slice of life from me
Oct 6, 2020 12:10 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man I loved this shit. Can't wait to come back for the next season in a couple weeks after I clear up some anime on my watch later list. For me this was some high quality therapy in anime form. 8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 30, 2020 2:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nice finale episode to end what has been a meccha-relaxing and healing show!

Hotaru trying to console Komari-senpai but just making it worse with every attempt was hilarious. Can't miss out on the "Ah..." though, right? xD

Renge's family owning the mountains was a little surprising though. Is that a common tradition in the countryside?

Fairy Renge-chan was really adorable. One might even say "funky", lol.

All in all, this has been a really fun watch. Going to miss the Op for sure by the way, loved it from the very first episode. And I'm just glad that there're more tv seasons, OVAs and even a movie awaiting.

Easy 8/10 from me. When people said Non Non Biyori wouldn't disappoint on the GochiUsa recs, my expectations were high but I'm glad to say that the show has effortlessly reached that and a ways beyond at that too perhaps.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 31, 2020 3:52 PM

Apr 2019
honestly felt like any other episode of non no biyori, still good.

pretty good slice of life, 6/10.

Jan 2, 2021 8:34 AM

Jul 2019
This show brings me back to my childhood when I used to visit my family in the countryside every year. Just playing and running around in the fields with the local kids till almost dark. But ofc the next day you don't meet them again nor remember the names.

As for this show its wholesome and relaxing for some reason, but I feel like if I watched this the year it was released I wouldn't enjoy it as much. Ah and I'm waiting for episodes where they travel together, that'll be great if theres any. 7/10
leevJan 2, 2021 8:38 AM
Jan 7, 2021 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
this was pretty decent i guess, didnt really click with me though so idk. gonna be a 4/10
Jan 23, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2020
I really like the atmosphere. It felt so relaxing, perfect medicine after a long day!
Feb 11, 2021 9:55 AM
Jun 2016
Pancakes made with okonomiyaki batter doesn't sound that bad (to be fair the show cuts it before Hotaru or anyone could form an opinion about it). I don't get many chances to eat okonomiyaki that much, so I don't really know. But the food is sometimes "translated" to "savory pancake," so there's that.

Loved that scene where they wave goodbye to you before the credits. Other slice of life anime would do something crazy for its season finale, but I think this is nice as well.
Jun 13, 2021 9:08 PM

Jun 2020
The snow finally left melt and Spring comes in warm contrast to the cold snow, Komari should learn a few cooking lessons to get better at cooking she needs some improvements

This is a chill vibe from their parents working on the road and them playing on the side, Didn't know a few of them own mountains so they're "rich"? Quite so I guess, Sadly their brother didn't even get a chance to speak for once although he had a staring contest with Renge that was hard

Renge is actually a flower that really matched her hair color that's nice and Natsumi made her a fairy didn't know she can make flower crowns, That goodbye wave was just cute, And it's done.

Didn't expect this to become a nice little comfy anime it's all subtle and I guess that makes it unique, At first, I thought I'm going to be bored as the episodes progress since it's in a setting where it's based in the countryside but they made it to seem entertaining to watch and some hilarious scenes that happened in between all in all that was a nice watch.

Jun 18, 2021 2:56 PM

Jun 2019
My 92nd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Aug 16, 2021 6:51 AM

Nov 2019
Recalling the first time watching this episode, I wasn't a BaitMan back then. Now I have found a comrade.

A very nice hint for the end of Repeat.
SgtBateManAug 16, 2021 7:30 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Aug 19, 2021 10:59 AM

Feb 2020
That was a very cute show, but for some reason I started getting bored after a while and kinda had to force myself to watch the last episodes, even if I enjoyed them.
I think the reason to that is that for how cute and fun the characters are, their gimmicks started to get old after the halfway point. Hotaru is in love with Komari, Komari is insecure, Natsumi is a troublemaker, Renge is... Well, Renge, and the teacher sleeps a lot. It's too bad the show didn't try to add much more to their character, especially since some of the jokes felt pretty cruel when overused like that, especially when it comes to Komari.
It's a slice-of-life so of course I wasn't expecting some big development but the fact that the characters and their relationship didn't evolve at all over the course of an entire year felt a bit underwhelming.
Plus, here that's probably just me but I didn't quite feel the atmosphere, I love the country but here I didn't feel it.

For all those reasons, Non Non Biyori isn't one of my favorite SOLs, but I still truly enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to the next season, and I'm giving this one a 6/10 (yes, that's a pretty good score for me).
Nov 11, 2021 10:52 PM

Jan 2017
Cheer up Hotaru, with Komari's disastrous cooking skills ya can hog her food consumption heh

FAIRY RENGE SO FUNKY
Jan 21, 2022 9:23 PM

Sep 2020
Love the feels on this series. Will definitely finish all season. Renge is such a cutie.
I feel sorry for Hotaru, eating those charcoals her crush cooked. LOL
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jan 27, 2022 9:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As with most SoLs that I’ve watched, this final episode felt like any other episode, and I wouldn’t have it any other way, it was yet another very good one. The first half of Hotaru trying her best to keep Komari happy while eating her burnt food was hilarious, especially the dessert part at the end, immediately succumbs once again lol. The 2nd half was honestly a perfect way to end this season, looking for edible plants as hilarity ensues, the scene where Hotaru tells Renge that she loves where they live because it’s different from Tokyo was probably my favorite part, also funky Renge lol, and the final bit where they wave goodbye, all a great way to finish it.

I’m very happy to say the first anime I finished of 2022 was this amazing show, I definitely should not have waited this long to check it out but better late than never, absolutely loved this all the way through, great characters, amazing scenery and OST, and the setting being one of my favorite settings for anime, being countryside Japan, take all of those things with the SoL genre and you got a recipe for perfection. I definitely found this to be a 10/10 anime, the only complaint I can think of is how it speed ran the seasons near the end but it made for more variety so I’m fine with it.

Definitely gonna hit the OVA and Season 2 soon, I’m in love with this series lol. And lastly, if I had to pick a favorite character, while it’s super hard to pick one because they’re all great, it would have to be between Hotaru or Natsumi, something about them hits with me more.
Mar 5, 2022 2:12 PM

Mar 2019
Nice ending, befitting of a moe show like this. I still wish the brother had a voice so we could get more screentime for him since he was great, but even without a voice, his presence was always random and funny, but I think since the school year has ended, he'll be gone, unless he stays in this school.

Loved how they had an image from every episode while the ending song was playing in the background, always like it when this is a thing, makes the ending more sad. I can already feel the "coming of age" problem in the future but I hope I am wrong :(
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 26, 2022 11:51 PM

May 2018
Definitely a one relaxing anime that's worth to watch, it will always be the characters that made this anime really relaxing and fun.

May 18, 2022 1:52 AM

Apr 2021
Tiresome old bore here.
This is a S1 thread but I watched all seasons, OVAs and film and this comment covers all.
I think this is the best show ever to describe the nostalgic feeling of being young, especially for someone like me who isn't anymore. No big drama, just the day to day life with the small experiences, troubles, joys that take all your time at this age. It's just incredibly touching to feel again the carelessness through these great characters, something we lost when we became adults. Somewhat, this show manages to induce this feeling without being cliché and it's such a joy to experience.
All the characters are great, I like Hikage, Kaede and Nazuho in particular but of course, the one who brings the appropriate level of crazyness and drives everything is Renge. Incredibly wonderful character. Her relationship with Kaede definitely brings the best and most emotional episodes.
The voice acting in general is amazing, particularly for the 4 characters I highlighted previously. Art and music are great too. I often rewatch the begining of the first episode of S1 just for the music played by Renge on the flute, it never fails to make me hilarious for some reason.
Loved it from beginning to end, rewatched it and will certainly rewatch it again.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

263 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Aug 20, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

160 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 18, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

235 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 29, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

162 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

191 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.