Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 3, 2014 5:36 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
This was a very heart warming episode filled with cuteness
AND PRETTY EYES
Ugh, the eyes are so amazing.
Glad to see Kawai smile a lot more and their relationship building.
I would like to know more about Sayaka's past and I bet Shiro is some famous author..
May 3, 2014 5:53 AM

Nov 2010
So much fun to watch again
Comparing relationships with a virus and files, that was kind of technical

The water gunfight was nice to see, Usa didn't pay any attention to a wet Mayumi
That improve story to the razor scene next really got out of hand
I'm glad Usa tries hard and got closer to Ricchan at the end by sharing her book hobby
May 3, 2014 6:38 AM

Jan 2014
Loving this series and the build of Usa and Ritsu's relationship is beyond cute and infectious. Makes you feel happy the every episode which sets up the comedy very well with Shiro, Mayumi, Sayaka, Sumiko. I really like the character interactions with one another as everyone gets their screen-time and development. Definitely has to be my favorite show and the only one this season where I don't put off a couple of hours or so. I have to watch it when it gets released.
May 3, 2014 7:00 AM
Apr 2014
Finally usa has found a way to get closer to kawaii-senpai, the cute faces she makes everytimes Usa read the book really made up the episode.
May 3, 2014 7:40 AM

Oct 2011
Romance is blossoming!!!!!! Dat Smile : )
May 3, 2014 8:59 AM

May 2010
Dat Ricchan smile! Great development.
May 3, 2014 9:31 AM
Jun 2011
I like the anology there with the computer.
I may have to go back and memorize it so I can put that routine on facebook.
You know I had no idea what he saw in that girl...but she gets better every episode, and is it me or does she get cuter every ep too?
I mean it started out: She looks like a man, what's his deal and now it's up to: She's actually prettier than I thought for a tomboy.

Then again I should have known this one.
This is basically me and Sarah, except she wasn't a complete introvert toward me.
"I liked you because when you talked to me you didn't look at me like a piece of meat."
"That's because when I met you I wasn't interested in finding a girlfriend and for all I knew you were a little loli. Needless to say you ended up being considerably hotter than I expected."
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
May 3, 2014 10:40 AM

Oct 2011
What Kawai wants is someone she can talk to about the stories she read. Looks like Usa's slowly entering her world :)

That story relay is hilarious! XD
May 3, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
Fun episode~! x3
I liked the water guns.....wet clothes on Mayumi! D:
If only what Usa fantasized about Kawai was true~~~ Oh well. xD That frog rain coat was still cute. :3

Anyways....so Usa and Kawai finally got something to talk about with each other! That's a good way to get into a relationship...just start talking about something. owo

Next episode looks REALLY interesting...... x3
May 3, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
I had so much fun watching this episode, I'm starting to like this show :)
Comparing ex with folders was a bit technical but good.
The fiction story and the water gun fight scenes were really funny, poor Usa though.
And Usa is finally getting closer to Kawaii, their relationship had a big development in just one episode, looks good.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
May 3, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2012
The plastic bag scene was so hilarious XD

and Ritsu was so cute and adorable as always! HNNNGGGG

Redraft said:
Kana Hanazawa voicing Ritsu just makes her 10x more adorable.

+1

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
May 3, 2014 12:02 PM
Aug 2013
To me this is quite easily the best anime of the season. I love every single thing about it.
May 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
i wish i could have my own froggy suit :c
The entire episode was so cute. Usa try-harding for senpai to notice him. That arm kiss though was great. Really glad they have something sort of in common now. too bad Usa still thinks he is doing something wrong.
May 3, 2014 3:22 PM

Apr 2014
Definitely better than the horrific last episode.
May 3, 2014 7:44 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah fun episode as always, altough nothing overwhelming. I just hope it stays this way and itll be a decent show, altough from how he couldnt read her emotions at the end I have a bad feeling that his will lead straight to the "drama because of misunderstanding" plot device which absolutely sucks. Nothing sucks more than unnecesary teenage love drama. I hope the anime doesnt butcher itself with that.
May 3, 2014 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
I love Sayaka sociopath behavior x)

That frog suit was adorable :3
And she's now interracting more, wish I'm glad is happening. I'm not really into main character that say 5 lines per episodes...

This episode had me laughing a lot for some reason. I was starting to get a bit bored by the anime plot (if we could call it a plot) but it look like it's progressing now.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 3, 2014 10:29 PM

Dec 2012
I wasn't sure about this show at first, but it's actually pretty funny. A little bit like Baka to Test in some regards, actually, and that's a good thing in my book. It's also interesting in that most of the characters are adults, and they're not the kind of adults I normally see in anime.

Ritsu is surprisingly similar to me - this is something I've been noticing since some time in the 2nd episode, but each episode has consistently made the similarity more apparent. The whole deal with her getting really happy discussing the story, even when they disagreed, definitely felt like an experience I've had.

On the other hand, I'm a little torn because of this - I don't know what I think about Usa-kun (he doesn't seem like a bad person, especially in comparison to some of his apartment-mates, but he sometimes comes across as kind of a stalker, seems like he might be the 'turned on by bad things happening to the girl' type, and of course took basically an entire episode to grasp the concept of introversion), so I'm not sure what I think about their relationship.
May 3, 2014 11:24 PM

Jul 2010
Fantastic episode! I love these two!
May 3, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
Kawai is getting more kawaii with each episode. Usa is getting more LAME by being more and more naive each episode (or just stupid, rather). Mayumi is the worst character and is just annoying. Sayaka is definitely my favorite character. I was really hoping for that yuri to happen. Maybe in the near future.

Can't wait for the loli-fest in the next episode.

Also, the whole computer analogy thing is a rather common one in japan culture, no? Or at least I know there is a show that gives basically the same analogy but with game save files "Men always make an extra save file while women overwrite theirs"
May 4, 2014 12:46 AM

Apr 2012
lol love the computer metaphors
great development with Usa and Ritsu. Looks like they found something they can talk about without feeling overly awkward though the misunderstandings still persist XD. Just love how the comedy is directed in this series. Ritsu's smile = 2 rainbows colliding

great episode once again ~

May 4, 2014 12:59 AM
Nov 2010
This was definitely one of the most funniest episodes I've seen in a long time. I love seeing how they were still progressing in the relationship but still having tons of comedy. The bags... zomg I don't think it was the first time she used it like that- and then Usa behind waiting to go next...xD And then seeing the Broken Dream Brigade followed by the disbanded was hilarious also. Ahhh it's so refreshing seeing such great great comedy with the romance. xD The virus metaphor was so full of gags and the make up story was a lot funnier than I expected. xD I guess drawing out in thought bubbles really executed the funny parts well.

This episode was amazing. =D Can't wait to see what's next!
May 4, 2014 1:17 AM

Feb 2013
Finally got to see Ricchan and Usa closer than ever. Oh and her smile... so cute. That was actually very fun. The storytelling made me laugh out loud.

May 4, 2014 1:47 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
May 4, 2014 2:29 AM

Aug 2008
I think I have a girl crush on Ritsu. Her smile is so freaking adorableeee

And I'm loving Usa's reactions as well. :)
It's nice that they have something to talk now~
May 4, 2014 3:28 AM

Sep 2011
This is one funney ep! Shirosaki is a novelist???? Awsome grandma to the rescue from those two sister cockblocking usa & kawai!
May 4, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2011
Haha grandma is so scary! great char.
May 4, 2014 5:17 AM

Dec 2013
Watching a series like this, I always wish I would live in a house where people with different personalities and age live together :D!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
May 4, 2014 7:32 AM

Oct 2009
Only problem I have with this anime is Usa. For some reason I just don't like him much :S, might be something to do with his wimpy and naive personality I guess..

Mayumi and Sayaka brings the best comedy! Though the best thing about this is Kawai's kawaii expressions! I hope this gets more diversity, like an entire episode outside of this boarding house maybe?
May 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
This is quite the strange romance development.
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 4, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
This is probably my favorite show this season. It's so much fun.

A show is doing EVERYTHING right when the smallest, simplest of things get your emotions flowing. In the scene where Usa and Ritsu were talking about her book, specifically where Usa holds the book up to her to return it, and she gently pushes it back to him... oh my god I felt my heart skip.

I can't wait to see where this goes!
-Trippwire-May 4, 2014 9:00 PM
May 4, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2012
It should just bloody hell stay light hearted and drama free to the end. I hate unnecesary love drama.
May 4, 2014 11:38 PM
Jun 2013
It's a shame that this series will probably conclude on a similar note to the beginning.
May 5, 2014 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
This show is great! I'm really enjoying this!
May 5, 2014 12:44 AM

Jan 2014
Cute episode, but I think the comedy is getting a little bit more cheaper, but nevermind, it's still entertaining.

I found Mayumi extremely annoying in this episode.
A little bit of improvement on Kawai and Usa's relationship, but nothing a lot forward.

Shiro's good as always.

4/5
May 5, 2014 12:50 AM
Aug 2011
I hate Sayaka.
The old lady should have really left the plastic bag tightly around her neck.
May 5, 2014 3:54 AM

Oct 2013
i love this show and the animation quality is amazing another great episode
[/quote]
May 5, 2014 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
This anime just keeps getting better and better....keep it up!!
May 5, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
didnt like sayaka at all...not her personality or her comedy...constantly going after girl with big boobs,fondling and teasing her....i think i saw this in so many generic ecchi-harem,it doesnt suit in this anime...
May 5, 2014 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
LonelyWizard said:
didnt like sayaka at all...not her personality or her comedy...constantly going after girl with big boobs,fondling and teasing her....i think i saw this in so many generic ecchi-harem,it doesnt suit in this anime...

She's just trying to express her pure and totally platonic love for Mayumi. Check your privilege, cisgendered scum.

Yeah, jk. I just always wanted to say that. But personally I don't really mind Sayaka.
May 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
this is a great SoL / Romance-Comedy brings back memories of Ikkoku - though there isn't as much source material yet (5 ln volumes I think ) either way well worth the watch so far. And poor Usa missing that shinning smile haha
May 7, 2014 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
OMG. I seriously love this anime. Best episode so far :D

I laughed a lot and moreover, the anime finally seems to be bending towards romance part. I loved the smile on Ritsu's face too. :3
May 9, 2014 7:47 AM

Dec 2011
D'aww. Really loving Ritsu and Usa!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2010
It was funny to see Usa trying so hard and misunderstanding the situation with Richan completely.
Luckily the girls didn't get to interrupt that part at all.
Still funny to get to see them angered every time a youthful scene happens.
May 11, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, and yay a back of the arm kiss. That must be the first step to a relationship. I have a feeling this anime won't be that conclusive though.
The animation is pretty as always.
May 12, 2014 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Magnificent episode, I found everything perfect. The plot is still not showing anything new, but the narrative is going in the right direction and participation of all the characters who live in retirement, has been steady and well-dosed at all times.
Damn beautiful also designs and scenarios. The bright colors make the use even more beautiful.
The eyes of the characters are so attractive to leave you impressed by their beauty.
Good animations, great job of Brains Base.
Beautiful opening, I can not wait to see the next episode. The characters are all cute and they're growing on me.
Beautiful part of the story in which the characters were playing with the water, I did not expect to see Ritsu dressed like that ... no, I should have expected, perhaps it would have been unlikely and more shocking to see him wearing Mayumi! LOL
terrablu2003May 12, 2014 7:03 AM
May 14, 2014 1:15 AM

Aug 2013
This show gets better every week. This is what you get when you have really interesting cast of characters. Comedy gold right here with the right amount of blossoming young romance. Perfect. Just perfect.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 27, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2013
Kawai is so kawaii when she smiles <3
Jun 9, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2012
dat big smile at the end
Jun 25, 2014 6:35 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Computer files, water guns, story time, pretty good episode.

Kawai seems to be getting happy at Usa. She hardly has anyone to discuss the things she likes, like books because she's the only bookworm. Now that Usa is into the book and they are discussing it, Kwai feels like she can finally say her opinions. Her smile is also very pretty.

Jul 5, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
Yes they finally made Usa act like a (semi) normal person! Loved the visuals to go along with the story, and Kawai in her frog jacket was the absolute cutest thing

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 18, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mills - Apr 10, 2014

156 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 18, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

296 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 18, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

264 by Assassin2112 »»
May 11, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

83 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.