Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2014 11:42 AM
Jan 2008
insan3Spectre said:
@ Zodiac

Joseph is Jotaro's grandfather.

Oops, meant grandfather. Forgot just how old Joseph had gotten but somehow remembered his ability.
Apr 4, 2014 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah that why I asked. Is there are lot of relevant plot points to make watching part 2 necessary to understand pat 3 and not get confused?. Or does this spoil some stuff about part 2?

To understand part 2, you only need to know what are ripples. Other stuff that connect the two parts are old characters from part 1 like speed wagon and Eliena.
Apr 4, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2012
ZodiacBeast said:
Andan210 said:
tsudecimo said:
Should I finish part 2 before starting this..? I kinda wanna see this and more interested than part 2..

Yes, you need to watch Part 2 before watching this.

I obviously know that it's the story of a major chapter in Jotaro's father Joseph's life, but I forget, what elements from Battle Tendency tied directly into Stardust Crusaders?

BT is the story of Joseph, the grandfather of Jotaro and one of the main characters of SC. Just for that it should be obvious that the best thing to do is watch Part 2 before Part 3.

I mean, SC assumes that you already know Joseph and his personality, his Hamon powers and the story of Joseph's parents. Not to mention the Speedwagon Foundation and his relation with the Joestar family.
Andan210Apr 4, 2014 11:54 AM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 4, 2014 11:48 AM

Feb 2013
Oh boy, it's back and looks more fabulous than ever.
Pretty hyped for the rest of this.

Apr 4, 2014 11:50 AM
Jan 2008
Andan210 said:
ZodiacBeast said:
Andan210 said:
tsudecimo said:
Should I finish part 2 before starting this..? I kinda wanna see this and more interested than part 2..

Yes, you need to watch Part 2 before watching this.

I obviously know that it's the story of a major chapter in Jotaro's father Joseph's life, but I forget, what elements from Battle Tendency tied directly into Stardust Crusaders?

BT is the story of Joseph, the grandfather of Jotaro and one of the main characters of SC. Just for that it should be obvious that the best thing to do is watch Part 2 before Part 3.

I mean, SC assumes that you already know Joseph and his personality, his Hamon powers and the story of Joseph' parents. Not to mention the Speedwagon Foundation and his relation with the Joestar family.

Yeah, I figured the biggest reason to watch Battle Tendency was to be familiar with Joseph and his abilities/family/etc.

Forgot that Speedwagon Foundation was in Stardust Crusaders, but it's been a while since I've read the manga.
Apr 4, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Jojo craziness is BACK!! :D

Loving Jotaro already! The dude is such a BA XD

Lol'd so much how he calls his mom a bitch and she's totally masochistically enjoying it XDXD

The animation looked amazing! And the Stands are looking damn good.

Loving Old man Joseph ^^ Gonna miss him being voiced by Sugita but he's an old man now and Unsho is doing good :D

Dat Dio! He's looking FABULOUS AS USUAL :P
Apr 4, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
Yeah that why I asked. Is there are lot of relevant plot points to make watching part 2 necessary to understand pat 3 and not get confused?. Or does this spoil some stuff about part 2?

To understand part 2, you only need to know what are ripples. Other stuff that connect the two parts are old characters from part 1 like speed wagon and Eliena.

I seriously recommend you to watch Part 2 befores this. Not only for the plot points i've already mentioned, but because it will be a better experience if you watch the story in order.

I mean, Battle Tendency is what? 12 episodes? 15? I don't see it that much of a sacrifice.
Apr 4, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
@ tsudecimo
While it isn't absolutely essential to see part 2 before Stardust, I just can't recommend skipping it. Seeing Joseph when he was young is pretty cool and may fill in some blanks you may otherwise have about his character. But, no, I suppose it isn't a must watch. Just highly recommended.

I remember reading some of your comments about part 2, though. I thought you were enjoying it?
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 4, 2014 12:05 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 4, 2014 11:54 AM
Jul 2013
Part 3's of to a great start!

Can't wait so see where this budget's going
Apr 4, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2010
judals said:
ZodiacBeast said:
judals said:
I don't mind minor spoilers but in what way is it gonna be crazy, just wanna make sure what I should expect... is it some 'bizarre' IDGAF crazy such as BT (on steroids) or creatively crazy with out-the-box ideas, or....?

Here's a rundown of the different Stands: http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stands

In part 3 Jotaro has a pretty versatile Stand but his father can smash a camera and make a psychic picture of the intended target/event. One stand is microscopic and enters your head to attack your brain.

Many stands have a humanoid shape but just as many don't.

Hope that's minor enough.

Part V
Yes basically it's thanks to Araki's ripple/stands that now in the present we have powers like that in OP, HxH ect.

DylDawg said:
Akanezora said:
"a strange box was discovered, when opened it had 2 separate compartments"

Wich means that Dio got inside one of the compartments with Jonathan's Body while Erina and Lisa Lisa got out in the other.
Plot Hole status: Filled

I still find that weird, and how come Erina did not feel the other compartment?
It's up to us what should we believe. It might be that probably Erina took a part of the coffin and escaped. Seconds later, DIO on Jonathan's body found the rest and closed himself into it. Or perhaps Erina was rescued by a boat, and they decided to throw away the coffin just to look for it 100 years later. Anyway, whatever it is, I believe we should praise DP for trying to fix or improving these kind of "plot holes" in the story.

insan3Spectre said:
While it isn't absolutely essential to see part 2 before Stardust, I just can't recommend skipping it. Seeing Joseph when he was youngis pretty cool and may fill in some blanks you may otherwise have about his character.
Basically this. Why should someone skip previous Parts? For the hype of it?
Apr 4, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
Great start and one of the stronger shows of the season (But of course, it's Jojo!). Loving the new budget on this; looks absolutely amazing.
Apr 4, 2014 12:00 PM

Dec 2012
insan3Spectre said:
While it isn't absolutely essential to see part 2 before Stardust, I just can't recommend skipping it. Seeing Joseph when he was youngis pretty cool and may fill in some blanks you may otherwise have about his character. But, no, I suppose it isn't a must watch.

I remember reading some of your comments about part 2, though. I though you were enjoying it?

Yeah I was, to a degree. But I'm not too thrilled about finishing it ( I don't like the villains). The actual reason, I can't finish it is time. It's 10 episodes and I don't have enough time to finish it, due to real life issues these days.

Andan210 said:

I seriously recommend you to watch Part 2 befores this. Not only for the plot points i've already mentioned, but because it will be a better experience if you watch the story in order.

I mean, Battle Tendency is what? 12 episodes? 15? I don't see it that much of a sacrifice.

I guess I will just wait then. Might be a good thing to make the episodes pile up.

I'm too hyped though, I love the protagonist even though I know nothing about him
Apr 4, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2011
Kakyoin is making his appearance next week hell yeah

Stark700 said:
If it adapted about 4 chapters and going this pace, it might be 3 cour to be honest. There might be a few omissions but I'm confident in the pacing right now. And next week will likely be the OP + ED song.

Yeah, hoping for a 3 cour because I don't think a 2 cour will cut it..

Apr 4, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Awesome opening episode, the animation was much greater than S1's. Also, the art style has improved a bit, cool!
Apr 4, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
Andan210 said:

I guess I will just wait then. Might be a good thing to make the episodes pile up.

I'm too hyped though, I love the protagonist even though I know nothing about him

Jotaro is the epitome of coolness, you won't be disappointed.
And i'm also like you, i can't wait to see Jousuke, the protagonist of Part 4, even though i haven't read that part of the manga yet.
Apr 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Dec 2013
I'm so excited to watch this but not gonna ruin it for myself with cruncyshit subs. Hopefully MudaMuda picks this up.
Apr 4, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
@ tsudecimo
Yeah the Pillarmen, aside from maybe Wham, aren't the greatest villains but the fights involving them are pretty cool. I still recommend watching part 2, though. Maybe an episode a day or something? You have a week in between Stardust episodes so you'll have a few episodes piled up by the time you finish.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 4, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
Just don't skip parts, please. Every part is connected in some way, starting from 1, 2 and 3. There is absolutely no reason to skip the parts, and if you prefer reading then go for it, parts 1 and 2 are only a few volumes.
Apr 4, 2014 12:30 PM

Mar 2012
Anyway glad to see Joseph again. I hope he will still using his catchphrase.
AversaApr 4, 2014 12:49 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 4, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2013
Solid first episode, I imagine around the middle they might start cutting/speeding things up but the pacing based on chapters looks good too.
Apr 4, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2013
Im predicting anime of the year!

Amazing first episode. Dio is back. And JoJo's awesome spirits!

Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 4, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
@NeoAnkara
Good, because you'll be hearing it alot.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 4, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2012
insan3Spectre said:
@NeoAnkara

And everytime it will be more and more epic.
Apr 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
Can't wait for the
to show, in the wiki page I read.
Sounds even cooler.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
BAM!

Great first episode.
Apr 4, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
judals said:
Can't wait for the
to show, in the wiki page I read.
Sounds even cooler.

Lol, you spoil very far ahead.

Anyway, I think adaptions of part4 and 5 are very likely as especially the last of the two is very popular in Japan. I am not sure about Stone Ocean, though - I just want SBR ;_;
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
insan3Spectre said:
@NeoAnkara
I've been hearing it on the commercial when I watch part 2 you know the one about JoJo All Star Battle.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Apr 2010
Thread cleaned

Do not ask for when and where subs will come out this is against the board rules.
Off topic chat questions about subs and spoilers removed.
Please use a spoiler button when talking about a spoiler, tho it's best not to talk about spoilers at all.

Jul 2013
Duwang is Unbreakable adaptation after this would be awesome, even though Japan loves 3 and 5 more it's sandwiched perfectly for sales to justify its existence.

Feb 2013
production values for this episode were much better then season 1. Just imagine what they'll be able to do with part 4...
Apr 4, 2014 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
My god the excitement. each week is gonna be tough to wait for
Apr 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
I smell a good budget. The animation in this episode is probably better than all of the episodes of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. I'm looking forward to the OP and ED of the anime next week.
Apr 4, 2014 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
Well, since i've read the first two volumes of the manga, guess i've got nothing to say about the plot or the characters.

but it definitely look great!
what an upgrade from the 2012 adoption, looks like the Blu-Ray sells has paid off. great directing, good OST, seiyuus are good and fit the characters well, great pace, and ... a fucking animation!111!!11
yes, something which the 2012 adoption lacked so much. a perfect episode.

5/5
Drastic-MeasureApr 4, 2014 1:01 PM
Apr 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2011
Like everyone else, I'm rather impressed and surprised by the noticeable increase in animation quality. They must have made a lot of money on the 2012 series. It will be great if the series consistently looks that good. The episode was everything I hoped for, this is going to be awesome.
Apr 4, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
Lets hope they don't waste too much of that budget on the first episodes, and save up something for the important battles.

Pretty great start and I hope that this pacing is a sign that it will be 3-cour after all. Just give each stand one episode and it will work out perfectly.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 4, 2014 1:19 PM

Mar 2014
MadaraUchiha69 said:

As much as I want to JoJo to succeed in the West, please not. I don't want what happened to SAO and AoT and their respective fanbases.
Apr 4, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2011
Dat budget. David Production has outdone themselves with this show this far. The BD sales for the 2012 version must've done really well in sales.
I really hope this anime becomes 3-cour, it seems most likely for this kind of show as there is lots of chapters to adapt.
Good first episode, I can't wait for what's coming next. Especially with what's shown in the preview.

Apr 4, 2014 1:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Dat Budget. Looks gorgeous. I finished Bizarre Adventures a while ago and I'm sooo looking forward to Stardust Crusaders.

So any chance that there's some YES music gonna be in this season of Jo Jo?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
I just want to hear Dio say za warudo
an egomaniac and a fool

Apr 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
DylDawg said:
MadaraUchiha69 said:

As much as I want to JoJo to succeed in the West, please not. I don't want what happened to SAO and AoT and their respective fanbases.

haha that would be terrible but i don't think that could ever happen to jjba unlike sao and aot i don't think it could appeal to people who don't watch anime or serve as an introduction to anime. as long as we keep it away from places like tumblr it should be fine lol.
Apr 4, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
this episide was amazing, its good to see joseph back

but the mother is 45 and looks 20 lol
Apr 4, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
I haven't watch the other prequel of this series yet, but I enjoyed watching this sequel. The old man(joseph) pretty much explained what's going on so it's not hard to catch up. I'll probably watch the prequel of this.

For a guy who have a huge body like that to be given a nickname Jojo somehow made me smirk.
Izayoi23Apr 4, 2014 1:40 PM
Apr 4, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2010
aboe said:

Maybe it's her untrained ripple energy at work? It worked for Straights and Lisa Lisa.

Anyway... yes, yes, oh god yes. I need more.
Apr 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Jan 2008
MyLonesomeCowboy said:
aboe said:

Maybe it's her untrained ripple energy at work? It worked for Straights and Lisa Lisa.

Anyway... yes, yes, oh god yes. I need more.

I thought that as well.

Hey, I'm not complaining ;-)
Apr 4, 2014 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
this show jumped over 7000 places in the rankings lmao
Apr 4, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2012
gedata said:
Not really surprising tbh but the score will be stable in the middle later.
Apr 4, 2014 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
NeoAnkara said:
gedata said:
Not really surprising tbh but the score will be stable in the middle later.

Already has 1 1/10 and 2 2's....
and 6 6's lol

consistent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
slight spoilers but I have a question
Apr 4, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
THAT WAS AWESOME! XD
Apr 4, 2014 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
Really nice the first episode, and I loved Shokotan's reactions!

Can't wait for
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

132 by Xeehad »»
Sep 20, 12:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

280 by UrMateConnor »»
Sep 6, 4:03 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2014

126 by Oliwer_154 »»
Aug 28, 7:25 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

183 by benisgu »»
Aug 14, 2:39 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Aug 15, 2014

192 by benisgu »»
Aug 14, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.