Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 6, 2012 3:03 AM

May 2012
Beautiful song.. and glad that Wakana has overcome it now and will be able to move forward.
Aug 6, 2012 3:29 AM

Mar 2011
Touching episode
Wakana's mom is so nice and Wakana can be cute too
What are you doing Wien with that posture? ":(
Aug 6, 2012 3:54 AM

Oct 2009
Best episode!!! 10/5
Aug 6, 2012 3:58 AM
Sep 2011
Ahhhhhhhhhh
This episode made me cry twice :(
Aug 6, 2012 5:01 AM

May 2008
So now we are finally done with Wakana :D. MORE WIEN PLEASE.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 6, 2012 5:53 AM
May 2011
maybe some ppl who dislike this show is because the male character is not really have strong impact till eps 6...

especially Wien...Im really surprised coz in some anime where the male character is a transfer student, usually he will become quite important and popular, but it seems that Wien is just joking around, and even didnt talk deeply to one of main heroine till eps 6

that's why the show is quite boring except the song ^^
Aug 6, 2012 6:20 AM
Sep 2011
Ok I am just assuming I am completely heartless finding this episode kind of boring? Yes? Well I guess I am :(
Aug 6, 2012 7:05 AM

Jul 2012
AshtonClaude said:
especially Wien...Im really surprised coz in some anime where the male character is a transfer student, usually he will become quite important and popular, but it seems that Wien is just joking around, and even didnt talk deeply to one of main heroine till eps 6
I agree that Wien didn't have any big role lately, since the story is trying to resolve Wakana's problem first. I'm pretty sure that later on the story will be focusing on him though, as we don't know anything about his background, such as why he loves the superheroes, and I'm still waiting for the debut of his sibling (that the writer teased us on the pre-op of one of the episode.)

edl01 said:
Ok I am just assuming I am completely heartless finding this episode kind of boring? Yes? Well I guess I am :(
Nope, you're not heartless. I think if you're not really interest to see how Wakana would resolve her matter, or if you already made a judgement on her that she's a bitch by being with her mother like that, this episode would means nothing to you. (I'm not saying that you thought that way - but just in case.)

I think this EP fulfilled my questions about Wakana and everything around her, such as (1) why she hated her mother, (2) why she wanted to throw everything away, (3) if she will get her piano and her dolphin back, (4) Dora, (5) Are she going to start singing again. So, that's why I liked this episode, and I feel like this is the end of the arc.

Now, I'm still wondering what will be for the next arc, but my money is on Wien and/or Sawa. We saw a glimpse of Sawa about her archery on the horseback in the preview (and yes, she was talking about she wanted to fire and arrow while on a horse!) For Wien, as I said, I want to know more about his background and his sibling. I feel like in this anime each character would have their own problem that waiting to be revealed ... (But heck, I'm not sure about Konatsu if she'd have any problem ...)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 7:27 AM

May 2011
The moment the ED song played i could've swear i thought this was going to be the last episode lol. But i glad it's not cause i'm totally liking this series now. Got to love wakana's back story, really good work there, i had teary eyes. Her dad is one hell of a good dad.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 6, 2012 7:41 AM
Mar 2008
zensunni said:

I always wonder why someone who obviously doesn't like a show would bother to not only continue watching it 6 episodes in, but actually waste enough time out of their lives to come to a message board about the show and put it down. Seriously, I have much better things to do with my time than fixate on things I don't like!

Because of trollbaits like you.
Aug 6, 2012 7:55 AM

Dec 2009
Warming episode... :)
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 6, 2012 8:07 AM
Jul 2012
WOO!! best anime for this season.. finally a tearjerker.. and the ED was WOW!!
uhm i finally get to see wakana singing

5/5
Aug 6, 2012 8:13 AM

Mar 2010
Really heartwarming episode. I just keep loving this show and the characters more and more. <3
Aug 6, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
Really nice episode. It was pretty heartwarming.
Aug 6, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2011
Tanaka and Wien's secret training was too good. Another pleasing episode. I'm glad that I finally got to hear all of them sing although I'm a little disappointed in the song choice. It sounds like a church hymnal type song. I wanted them to sing something else more upbeat and catchy.
Aug 6, 2012 8:41 AM

May 2009
This episode. So many feels. Wakana's father is a good father.
Aug 6, 2012 8:47 AM
May 2012
Wait a minute, what just happened at the end?! I mean why did they just ended up at the beach instead? I mean did we saw them at club room before the credit starts?
JafriZinAug 6, 2012 7:40 PM
Aug 6, 2012 9:37 AM

Jun 2009
I love this show so much.

Great to see Wakana coming to terms with her past, practice will be a lot more interesting with her, also expecting some recital by the end of series.
I could see some more Wien and Badminton-kun, these kinds of shows usually have males play minor roles but here those two are main characters, even sing along with girls. I really like that fact, thought guys get less screentime than girls, this works well.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 6, 2012 9:50 AM

Jul 2012
Just want to drop off and say that the full OP/ED are out! They're both awesome, as I expected.

I've also open a discussion topic and vote here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=473513

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 10:01 AM

Aug 2008
What the hell, bottle feeding a baby right after its birth? Some mother this teacher is.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 6, 2012 10:02 AM

Apr 2012
this episode was so amazing. surely i'm not the only one who teared up a bit? there was so much emotionally growth and i'm so glad wakana is finally coming to understand what her mother did for her and she's slowly starting to come out of her shell as well. this episode was incredibly satisfying. c:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2012 10:21 AM

Jul 2010
Antanaru said:
What the hell, bottle feeding a baby right after its birth? Some mother this teacher is.

Not all woman are able to breastfeed. Sometimes there are problems with milk production. You also don't know that it wasn't breast milk in the bottle!

She will also probably be returning to work fairly soon, so she will either have to pump or transition to formula.

Oh... You probably just wanted to see her breasts... never mind...
sikandsak said:
AshtonClaude said:
I agree that Wien didn't have any big role lately, since the story is trying to resolve Wakana's problem first. I'm pretty sure that later on the story will be focusing on him though, as we don't know anything about his background, such as why he loves the superheroes, and I'm still waiting for the debut of his sibling (that the writer teased us on the pre-op of one of the episode.)

edl01 said:
Nope, you're not heartless. I think if you're not really interest to see how Wakana would resolve her matter, or if you already made a judgement on her that she's a bitch by being with her mother like that, this episode would means nothing to you. (I'm not saying that you thought that way - but just in case.)

I think this EP fulfilled my questions about Wakana and everything around her, such as (1) why she hated her mother, (2) why she wanted to throw everything away, (3) if she will get her piano and her dolphin back, (4) Dora, (5) Are she going to start singing again. So, that's why I liked this episode, and I feel like this is the end of the arc.

Now, I'm still wondering what will be for the next arc, but my money is on Wien and/or Sawa. We saw a glimpse of Sawa about her archery on the horseback in the preview (and yes, she was talking about she wanted to fire and arrow while on a horse!) For Wien, as I said, I want to know more about his background and his sibling. I feel like in this anime each character would have their own problem that waiting to be revealed ... (But heck, I'm not sure about Konatsu if she'd have any problem ...)

I am betting that the next arc is Sawa driven. We've had a bit of Taichi mixed in with the Konatsu and Wakana. It makes sense that Sawa comes next, probably with more Taichi, given the romantic interests involved there. Then we will probably get a bigger introduction into the issues Wien is dealing with and his romantic entanglements will be dealt with. :)

I don't think that it is fair to say that Wakana ever hated her mother! She was frustrated by her mother's lack of seriousness about life then, after she died, angry at the world because she had never been told about the illness. But I wouldn't say she hated her or even disliked her.
draker said:
zensunni said:

I always wonder why someone who obviously doesn't like a show would bother to not only continue watching it 6 episodes in, but actually waste enough time out of their lives to come to a message board about the show and put it down. Seriously, I have much better things to do with my time than fixate on things I don't like!

Because of trollbaits like you.

In other words, they have a pathetic existence that leads to deriving pleasure from denigrating shows they really don't care about and pissing people off. Yep, sounds like the cream of the human crop!

JeffreyZin said:
What just happened at the end?! why did they ended up at the beach instead? I mean did we saw them at club room before the credit starts?

During the ED they showed a montage of the club doing things together like surfing (and playing with badminton racquets in the water...), horseback riding, riding on a train together, etc... The impression I got was that it was showing how their life is moving on for the next month or two, possibly into early winter, as they were wearing scarves on the train. It is possible we will see a time jump to winter break, but probably just to Sawa's mounted archery competition.
zensunniAug 6, 2012 10:28 AM
Aug 6, 2012 10:26 AM

Jun 2012
I wanna see Wien get more screen time, great episode though, looks like some romance coming up in the next few episodes.
Aug 6, 2012 10:43 AM

Jul 2011
this show so kawaii
Aug 6, 2012 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
zensunni said:
I am betting that the next arc is Sawa driven. We've had a bit of Taichi mixed in with the Konatsu and Wakana. It makes sense that Sawa comes next, probably with more Taichi, given the romantic interests involved there. Then we will probably get a bigger introduction into the issues Wien is dealing with and his romantic entanglements will be dealt with. :)
Yeah, Sawa and Taichi would make the most sense. Still, people are so interested in knowing more about Wien, so I think it'd be bad if they aren't going to expand anything regarding him at all.

Oh, BTW, I'm still shipping Sawa x Taichi, if there's going to be any romance in this anime. I feel like love and music comes together. :)

zensunni said:
I don't think that it is fair to say that Wakana ever hated her mother! She was frustrated by her mother's lack of seriousness about life then, after she died, angry at the world because she had never been told about the illness. But I wouldn't say she hated her or even disliked her.
Well said, zensunni. Yeah, I do agree that calling out that she hated her mother was a wrong choice of word. I hope you know what I were trying to mean. (I still feels like her feeling is directed toward her mother though, not the world.)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 11:02 AM

Nov 2009
Darn tearjerker to say the least.

Discussion/screenshots/impressions on Eps 4-6 here:
http://randomc.net/2012/08/06/tari-tari-04-05/
Aug 6, 2012 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
Very touching episode. I just knew she'd regret getting rid of her mother's stuff. Good thing good guy dad kept it all!

Aug 6, 2012 11:10 AM
Nov 2011
Wonderful episode indeed 5/5
Aug 6, 2012 11:36 AM

Jun 2012
Really nice, emotional episode. So now that we've solved Konatsu's and Wakana's issues, I guess it's Sawa's turn next? And then we move onto the boys.
Aug 6, 2012 12:01 PM

Nov 2009
Best episode so far. Closest I've came to shedding a tear in a while.

Glad this means Wakana will lighten up a bit from now and as I thought, she has a nice singing voice =P
Aug 6, 2012 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
I feel like the series are going better and better . 5/5 for the ep
Aug 6, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Good episode, but really 3 episodes for her? At this pace there will hardly be any development for the guys.

Uberchu said:
Really nice, emotional episode. So now that we've solved Konatsu's and Wakana's issues, I guess it's Sawa's turn next? And then we move onto the boys.

Like to believe that but dont see it happening.
Aug 6, 2012 2:32 PM
Dec 2011
Damn, between Tari Tari episode 6 and Kokoro Connect episode 5, this has been a fantastic week for anime drama series!
Aug 6, 2012 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
I don't have any problems with Wakana, but I always did want to see Minchi kill herself...
Aug 6, 2012 3:08 PM

Dec 2011
A perfect harmonic ending to a touching episode~ I'm guessing those pictures at the end were their summer memories?

Looking forward to exploring the rest of the characters backgrounds, with still the hope of romance to occur Dx
Aug 6, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
This was an amazing episode, it was very emotional and I had to fight my tears back, I only shedded a few tears but I was almost going to fully cry
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Aug 6, 2012 4:20 PM
Jul 2012
YEEEEEAAAAA wakana SING !!!! Although she is not my favorite characters.

Wow, her mother is very kind, this part T_T-ing me apart.

ANd again that Duo Homo doing something Weird again to improve their song.....
Aug 6, 2012 5:05 PM
Feb 2009
Anyone know the name of the song Wakana's mother wrote? The one that's sung at the end of this episode?
Aug 6, 2012 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
Takkun88 said:
Anyone know the name of the song Wakana's mother wrote? The one that's sung at the end of this episode?
「心の旋律」— Melody of the heart.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 6:00 PM

Feb 2012
Glad to see Wakana overcome her grief, it was pretty damn touching and she has finally become a full member of the group.
Aug 6, 2012 6:23 PM

Mar 2008
This episode made me do a complete 180 for Wakana, I love her character now. Before I thought she was just a moody teen, but after all the explanation in this episode it makes sense why she's been acting the way she does. It seems like her personality is about ready to flip for the better as well.
Aug 6, 2012 7:19 PM

Nov 2008
Good to see that Wakana is getting more sociable.
Aug 6, 2012 7:38 PM
May 2012
Finally! It's good to see Wakana's back anyway. Can't wait for next episode!
JafriZinAug 6, 2012 8:06 PM
Aug 6, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2011
Very emotional episode, it got me this time unlike the past ones. the ED theme is amazing. Wakana's Mother really touches me deep down from the bottom of my heart. and PAWork's amazing animation further amplifies the amazement I have with this episode
Aug 6, 2012 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode. Why does everyone have to be perfect singers? Lol.

I love Melody of the Heart. Need to get write some sheet music for it, for duet. LOL

I like the show, but I don't like the characters very much right now. They're all just kind of "meh" to me right now. >< Same with Kokoro Connect. I don't specifically love any character.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to next week.
Aug 6, 2012 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
Well I'll be damned...she actually managed to win me over even after that horrible last episode >.< well music is a wonderful thing isn't it?
Aug 7, 2012 12:59 AM

Apr 2011
Yehey! Wakana can finally sing again!
Aug 7, 2012 1:51 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
And finally it seems that Sakai has gotten over her troubles; this episode concluded it well.

I don't really see anything interesting about next episode in the preview though, hope they'll come up with something that'll keep me entertained.
Aug 7, 2012 3:44 AM

Aug 2011
Love this anime, don't know why xD
Aug 7, 2012 4:24 AM

May 2010
Love that song her mother composed.My favorite episdoe of this series.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 8, 2012

155 by Pitto_ »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

270 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

125 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.