Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2011 3:13 AM

Feb 2009
NoctisNimbus said:
So are the people who are confused about the plot/setting really paying attention? Did you get bad subs? I don't see what's so difficult about it. These first two episodes so far have mainly focused on trying to set up the characters and setting and I think they've done a decent job on that so far
I thought it was a really good/fun episode and I'm looking forward to the next.

Exactly. I didn't think that there was anything uncomprehensible in this episode at all.
Oct 12, 2011 3:51 AM

Jul 2011
I'm trying really hard to understand wtf is going on....I'm so lost x.x
Oct 12, 2011 6:25 AM

May 2008
Okay the strip scene in the classroom...oh my god. Wtf sort of school are they running LOL.

Also are sensors really necessary..? He only touched her boobs..big deal. Not like he pulled her shirt off and did it e_e Man..anime these days are getting ridiculous with what they decide to censor...I'm feeling a little panicked for future animes. These aren't Saturday morning cartoons, people.

Aside from that, the episode was alright.

Oct 12, 2011 9:00 AM

Jun 2011
They're really trying to squeeze in too much info in a single episode at least thats what i thought
Oct 12, 2011 9:01 AM
Nov 2008
Horizon seems to be a vast and fascinating universe without a story to match. Maybe we'll get to a point where it's more than a generic high school fanservice plot? That would be lovely.
Oct 12, 2011 9:56 AM

May 2010
Still no action huh !!

Oh well I guess that groping scene was good enough !!
Oct 12, 2011 10:16 AM
Sep 2011
Orix said:
I'm appalled at the sheer number of people who give up so easily at a series that forces the viewer to use their heads a little.
THIS
NoctisNimbus said:
So are the people who are confused about the plot/setting really paying attention? Did you get bad subs? I don't see what's so difficult about it. These first two episodes so far have mainly focused on trying to set up the characters and setting and I think they've done a decent job on that so far
I thought it was a really good/fun episode and I'm looking forward to the next.
and THIS

I'm surprised at the reactions to this show, It's like we're not watching the same thing. -_-

I guess I really should just stop keep coming and reading the comments on MAL, It's just full of wannabe critics IMO.
orz86Oct 12, 2011 10:29 AM
Oct 12, 2011 11:04 AM

Feb 2010
It's not hard to understand...

It's also not hard to see that it's not that good lol.

I'll stick it out... it's interesting at least.
Oct 12, 2011 11:25 AM

Sep 2008
Toori sure carries an interesting philosophy with him.
The teacher is great as ever and the bgm hasn't totally disappeared yet!

I am satisfied.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2011 11:45 AM
Sep 2011
MusashiRose said:
It's not hard to understand...
It's also not hard to see that it's not that good lol.
I'll stick it out... it's interesting at least.

I know it's not great(at least from what we've seen so far) but the other posters make it ssem like it's the worst anime ever. Personally, I'd rate it a bit over average(around 7-8) overall(again, from what we've seen so far). I guess their feeble minds just can't cope with this show heh(just joking..)
orz86Oct 12, 2011 11:52 AM
Oct 12, 2011 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Stripping, a sex change and boob fondling, that's about all I remember from what I just watched. Can't say this series is off to a good start, but I guess I'll give it another episode to make a verdict.

Oct 12, 2011 2:35 PM

Apr 2010
So, what is this story about again? I've watched 2 episodes and still don't get anything at all .. The only few things that I remember are poring-like creature, the naked flying dude, the main protagonist grope some boobs and some oversized boobs.
Oct 12, 2011 7:02 PM

Jan 2010
Orix said:
I'm appalled at the sheer number of people who give up so easily at a series that forces the viewer to use their heads a little.

Yeah, tits are very deep and complex.

I learned that in EVA which is arguably the deepest show known to man.
hALpc.jpg
Ok™
Oct 12, 2011 7:05 PM

Jan 2010
This is fucking terrible. When is Sunrise gonna make good shows again?
Oct 12, 2011 7:07 PM

May 2011
Thanks to MorningGlory, I think I understand the background more now. Though I am still confused in some parts of it being that there are so many parts to this history. There are still way too many names to remember as they added even more characters in this ep with the leaders and stuff.

So I think that the Horizon lookalike that tends to shop or w/e is named P-01 and is an automated doll? And she's the one that Toori is going to confess to. As to who Horizon is, I guess that'll come later. Still alotta character / history backgrounds left, this massive info dump is gunna continue I think.

Best thing about this anime is still all the cute girls and random stoofs that Toori does. Lol groping Neito's boobs before she realizes whats going on and declaring no bra, this guy is a win.

And that Masazumi girl lost her boobs but she's still a girl right? Since she said she was getting ready for sex change surgery but it got canceled before it happened.
Oct 12, 2011 7:24 PM

Mar 2009
Orix said:
I'd agree with the sentiment, but the problem is that it's not necessarily forcing its viewer to use their heads simply because it's complex; it's forcing its viewers to use their heads because the storytelling is atrocious. "Show, don't tell," is the relevant phrase. Info-dumping expository is hardly ever the best option, and it's uncommon for it to be even a good option.

Here in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, I really feel like the background story could be shown, rather than merely told. It's an interesting background (and the reason I'm trying to watch this show), but, so far, we haven't really experienced it. Add in the distracting high-school hijinks (despite how unusual and amusing Aoi Toori may be) and it's hard to get a sense for where the story is taking place and what is actually going on.

NoctisNimbus said:
I have gotten very little idea what's going on from just the episodes without reading and rereading synopses, but the subs I saw were poorly edited and at least a little inaccurate. Without a doubt, if there were any nuances in the dialogue, then they were utterly destroyed in that translation.

I might look for better subs and rewatch the first two episodes, but the execution alone seems so bad that I'm not sure if accurate, fluent translations will make this show any better. I find that I don't care in the least about any of the characters except the crazy teacher, Makiko Oriotorai (?), and the rather stoic Student Council Vice President, Honda Masazumi. Furthermore, as far as I can tell, nothing of any real importance has happened yet. Sure, "It's just introducing the setting and characters," you might say. But I just don't feel like I've really been introduced to either.
ZetaAspectOct 12, 2011 7:35 PM
Graph provided to verify that I am a CERTIFIED pretentious jerk.
Oct 12, 2011 7:30 PM
May 2010
Mind = blown, but not in a good way. Guess I was supposed to understand whatever was reviewed in the classroom? Well too bad, I don't.
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Oct 12, 2011 7:41 PM
Dec 2009
See its not that about the complex factor because im sure this show has got it going on but

the problems i find with this show (note myself)

There are alot of characters that i personally dont care about which brings me to my 2nd point

because there are so few things/characters that i care about i find it hard to pause, go back, and re-read their LONG WINDED speeches about w/e... politics, history, and what not

for me the show hasnt engaged me therefor it isnt something that i would say i completely enjoyed

I'll finish it or at least try but this show is now just a noise maker for me me in my apartment for those slow and boring wednesdays =\
Oct 12, 2011 7:51 PM

Feb 2010
IZUMI64 said:
2 eps and still dunno what's going on...
bad start for this series.

Glad I'm not the only one...
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 12, 2011 8:40 PM

Mar 2009
INCOHERENCE AND TITS: THE ANIME.
Oct 12, 2011 9:45 PM

Nov 2007
wow, this series is still confusing and I have no idea what's going on but it's still rather entertaining.

the Main char is a cool dude, he just seems like a troll. he actually stripped and got to feel some boobs. nice.

err that one girl confuses me, so she was going to have a sex change, and lost her boobs but then changed their mind. but again they wear boys clothes. uh wtf? are they a girl or what? it was confusing and not cool.
Oct 12, 2011 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
The real plot won't start till EP.4 if anyone is confused. Alll we got was so far was background information stuff we don't really need to know.
Oct 12, 2011 11:42 PM

Jun 2011
No I can't take anymore of this show please noo... I promised not to drop anything ever again... shit
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Oct 13, 2011 2:10 AM

Feb 2010
Wow, this is a terrible show.
Oct 13, 2011 3:12 AM
Jun 2008
.... I don't really sure what so complex the show that you all complaining about.The story is trying to piece together now and its haven't shape up yet.
So far the main plot, is all about Toori wanting to confess his love to Horizon. Which is also mention from last episode as well..
Other sub plot will later join to the main plot after a few episode .here is the following sub plot.
- Masazumi's investigation of "the path of regret" (後悔通り)
- the arrive of Azuma in Musashi
- The import of Musashi from Mikawa is more than export this few days
- the arrival of K.P.A italia ship ( they did not explain, so you don't have to scratch your head on this)
- Sensei want to shoot some fire cracker to make the people happy
- Sakai meeting his old friend...
If you are confuse of the world setting, then you just re-watch ep1 during the ed song begin. I know the world setting is a bit hard to grasp, but that mean its not some generic world setting you watch everyday. the world setting is like "history overlapping the same history" , so what will the problem involve in and how they gonna solve it.
MorningGloryOct 13, 2011 3:17 AM
Oct 13, 2011 10:45 PM
Jan 2010
Dropping a big clue for everyone who does not know how to research:

Masazumi Honda is supposed to be male, but ends up female, and thus, cannot inherit the position his father Masanobu Honda was unable to acquire.

There has also been mentions of the Nanboku-cho Wars, which happened in history as well.

Take note that whatever they are doing right now is recreating history, so expect key figures from Japanese and world history to show up in the next few episodes.
OrixOct 13, 2011 10:48 PM
Oct 14, 2011 1:11 AM

Sep 2008
This is the second worst use of exposition I have ever seen.
Oct 14, 2011 2:06 PM

Mar 2011
Wasabi said:
Not really sure what to think of this. There's just so much shit happening all at once and a bunch of characters just being thrown around.
Oct 14, 2011 10:17 PM

Feb 2009
This show is a mess (as expected from the director of the world-class, highly regarded Dragonaut!) but I like it. If that means I have shit taste than so be it.

I liked this episode more than the first one, and well... I like Toori.
Oct 15, 2011 5:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
yes, this is quite retarded lol.

Concentrate on the plot, concentrate....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 15, 2011 9:06 PM

Jun 2007
Kerozinn said:
what the fuck did i just watch? i cant even remember what i just saw in that episode except breast foddling! ..time to drop this peace of shit..

I agree. They're tossing too much information at us.
Oct 16, 2011 6:02 AM

Aug 2009
When will the infodumping stop? This is handled so badly.
Oct 19, 2011 7:46 AM

Jun 2008
still have no idea what the fuck im watching
Oct 21, 2011 2:33 PM

Jun 2009
Lol, the comments in this thread are pretty amusing. I'm not going to lie and say I know everything that is going on, but I think I'm going to keep watching because for some strange reason I'm finding this pretty entertaining as confusing as it may be.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 21, 2011 2:47 PM

May 2008
This show is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Anime Cliches: The Animation would be a better title.

Also I really doubt that accurate subs are going to magically make the massive infodump more comprehensible.
Oct 29, 2011 7:24 AM

Mar 2009
Trolling show is trolling :/
Nov 24, 2011 1:57 PM

Apr 2010
I am dropping this. It makes no sense and I don't want to sit through the entire first season just for it to get serious.
Jun 4, 2012 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
2 more episode of information spamming as far as I've heard, after that stuff will get good.
This episode wasn't as good as the last one, but still had some great moments.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2012 7:45 AM

Feb 2012
It's unbelievable how much info they throw at you, it's pissing me off and I hate the smartasses here.
Aug 21, 2012 1:40 PM

Jun 2012
I guess im one of the few really enjoying this, i cant stop laughing at anything toori does.
Nov 11, 2012 11:28 PM

Jan 2012
Should I even bother with the plot at this point?

The characters' interaction and fan service seems to dominate the show. They're pretty mediocre however.

The animation and art are top-notch though. Otherwise, I'd drop this in a heartbeat.
Jun 23, 2013 9:31 AM
Feb 2013
My god, too much info to take in. I hate politics in anime and mixing it with ecchiness, its hard to stay focused x_x

Edit: Also how is Tori the president and everyones totally chill about it. Argh, soo many questions.
badgerkinsJun 23, 2013 9:35 AM
Jul 6, 2013 5:47 AM

Jul 2009
I was thinking it would be a nice anime...but really the 2 ep I watched it is pretty bad, I hate perverted characters...will try some more.
Mar 27, 2014 1:41 AM

Jul 2008
I tend to like dialogue heavy anime, however this is just making no sense at all.
Apr 21, 2014 2:41 PM

Dec 2012
Ironic how I picked this up in hopes of cooling off from the End of Evangelion. My mind is reeling again, woooow.

I don't even think the infodumping is the problem for me, but the combination of awkwardly phrased explanations (probably subs I'm watching) and the heavy terminology is making it extremely difficult to follow. I rarely have to pause to read subs but I can't even remember how many times I had to pause this episode. I have a vague idea about the world building and plot so far but hoping things start to make sense. I don't want to be spoonfed but likewise I don't want to reach episode 13 and be like "wait...what happened?"

As for Tori, the only thing I followed 100%, his fondling strikes again! I wonder what the significance of the confession is and who Horizon is (or was).

Edit: Rewatched the explanation scenes dubbed. Made much more sense with what little I got from the subs already. This seems like a really promising show but I'm going to really have to pay attention. The one time I'll give props to the dub, even if if I felt the characters sounded lifeless.
ZekkenshinApr 21, 2014 2:58 PM
Jun 10, 2014 10:04 PM

Sep 2011
I dunno about you guys, but I thought this episode was pretty funny.
Jul 15, 2014 8:17 AM

May 2012
Another great episode, quite lovely character development with of course a good portion of comedy! Let's see what's next :D
Oct 9, 2014 3:34 PM
May 2013
Just found this anime lol, the first episode was rlly funny and cool and then this episode was liek wat o.0 not so sure where this is going but i hope it gets better and i love the ninja guy!
CLICK THE EGG BELOW CUZ YOLO

Nov 11, 2014 4:19 AM

Jul 2013
Damn. He fondled another girls bewbies! I really like this MC and he's even voiced by Jun Fukuyama

No action this time but hopefully we see some soon
May 26, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
They made him strip?ahaha lol what an awesome class xD
That was the most awesome love letter I have ever seen LMAO
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

116 by blacknemesist »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

102 by GiantHunter »»
Jul 22, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

80 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.