Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jan 1, 2015 5:23 PM

Dec 2014
Still want Meruem to die. He's evil, sure he doesn't want one person to die but he doesn't care about the rest of them.
Jan 10, 2015 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
Noooo snot-chan :(
Jan 16, 2015 2:36 AM
Dec 2014
way too much narration
Mar 23, 2015 3:43 AM
May 1, 2015 3:44 PM

Jun 2014
I felt like I was watching a documentary.

May 13, 2015 2:45 PM

Mar 2015
Easily the worst ep of HxH. It felt like a recap episode with all the narration and almost nothing makes sense.

Does anyone know what the kanji on Killuas grandfather outfit means?
May 13, 2015 6:13 PM

Jan 2011
tqran said:
Easily the worst ep of HxH. It felt like a recap episode with all the narration and almost nothing makes sense.

Does anyone know what the kanji on Killuas grandfather outfit means?

ajajajajajaj that's a simple point of view. drop this anime right now
what part dont have sense?
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
May 25, 2015 3:50 AM

Jul 2007
Agafin said:
Ninah said:
i felt the characters' fear when i realized ku might be dead. this was visually perfect - the black and white silent frame, the black sinking face that looked like gyro. the music. it felt fucking apocalyptic, his despair.

but then he asked pitou to heal her and pitou was suddenly crying and i was crying and why the hell did pitou cry? ahfioshfaiohoaihfsihfsd the atmosphere

next ep

I think Pitou cried because it was a request rather than an order which is a first for Meruem. Add to that the absolute devotion the RGs have for their king as well as the fact that he said he counted on her and then it all becomes clear.

When I saw this episode my interpretation of it was that Pitou was moved by the compassion of the King (compassion being a foreign emotion to the ants) and saw it as a strength.

Of course, being honored by the King's request makes sense too, and I believe the manga just mentioned she was 'shaking with joy' or something.
Jun 17, 2015 11:59 AM

May 2013
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Jul 16, 2015 10:11 PM

May 2014
I came back after a year to say that I just loooooooove the part where the narrator talks about Youpi lacking self preservative qualities and when shoot freezes , the OST at that part is godly , This is one of my favorite episodes.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Aug 8, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my. That's all I need to type.
Aug 25, 2015 9:26 PM

Dec 2012
First half was slow, but still, everything really exploded in a mere few seconds. All the conflicting feelings and development of the characters is something to behold.
Oct 1, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2010
For me the highlight moment was easily Pitou's tears. So many things can be conveyed with that. But in the end I'm not sure whether that will help the cause of defeating the CAs completely though. Making them more humane doesn't necessarily make them weaker.
Oct 1, 2015 3:05 PM

Oct 2014
Terrible
Jan 2, 2016 6:14 PM

Jan 2012
Do they have to narrate everything? It's getting annoying at this point.
Jan 18, 2016 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
Epic ep. , wtf is wrong with the king his morals are fucked up.
Jan 18, 2016 7:06 PM
Aug 2012
Gons focus and reaction time did surprise me indeed,so i'm very impressed and excited to see how he fights, definitely has a different kind of look in his eye.

Youpis scene threw my off and made me a bit impatient due to the slow motion action.

And the king's scene is what really changed my entire mood about the episode in itself, he honestly does feel something for Komugi but the question is, why.? also extremely excited to see him finally go up against some worthy attackers.
Jan 22, 2016 8:50 PM

Nov 2012
Komugi totally changed the way the king behaves.. you have to remember that there were some episodes when the king didn't appear once he told the guards to not come above the 1st floor, who knows he could have even gotten closer to her during that time.

If nothing else he cares a lot about her well being. But as of right now we don't exactly know what he's thinking.

Its absolutely crazy that When netero and old man zoldyk got there they were presented with that scence. Interesting that the king chose not to take them out in that moment of hesitation .
Apr 15, 2016 1:36 PM
Dec 2010
Dear Narrator:

SHUT THE F UP!

Dammit, the parts where stuff happened felt pretty awesome, but all the narration is just so damn annoying. I don't mind the occassional narrational, but this almost feels like commentary in a sports show.
May 5, 2016 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
The feels as the king cared for a human. Netero and Zeno can't help but respect his decision to let Pitou do its thing.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
May 5, 2016 7:20 PM

Jan 2016
Fuckin amazing.
This palace invasion is the reason why HxH is the greatest anime of all time.
May 11, 2016 9:35 AM

Feb 2015
I didn't like the Youpi section of the episode to much slow motion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2016 1:33 PM
May 2012
Slow motion and narrating was cool........but now. We know what's happening and we get it!
And I know Meruem and his guards are strong and you gotta show us how strong they are by constantly making hunters pussies just by sensing them auras, but those 2 grandpas are strong, too. Why do they look so fucking scared? Cool episode, but kinda annoying.
Jun 19, 2016 6:02 AM

Apr 2009
Blah.. blah.. blah..

Next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
OMG....never thought Komugi would be dead O____O I can't imagine how worse the situation would get if she's really dead I mean the king would probably go mad and berserk??

Darn, because of the King's display of compassion for Komugi I'm also letting my guard down. Hopefully Zeno and Netero didn't waver (too much) after seeing that scene.

Well at least this means Pitou will be out of action for some time. I wonder if she'll be able to bring Komugi back to life as a normal person. And wow, King didn't order Pitou but said "tanomu"! o___O No wonder Pitou was in tears..

The more I watch this arc, the more unpredictable the ending of this arc seems to me. Which is intriguing but at the same time a little frustrating lol
blue-ySep 19, 2016 1:20 PM
Sep 23, 2016 5:39 PM

Sep 2010
Normally I care for characters, but I just can't seem to care about Komugi. She probably won't really die anyways.
Oct 21, 2016 12:46 AM

Dec 2012
Another GOAT episode. Nuff said.

NTR doing NTR unintentionally.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 22, 2016 10:46 PM

Sep 2015
Too much narration but King truly loves Komugi! Because he asked Pitou to heal her and even told those two to fight him somewhere.
Feb 17, 2017 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
You know, going back to the Gon vs. Hisoka fight, where so much information was being parsed with very little in the way of narration, I felt that that was one of the highest points of this show. The series showed, instead of telling.

Now we're doing the opposite, with narration basically from start to finish. Is that really necessary? I don't think so. I think this episode could have been so much tighter if Madhouse had chosen to simply show us the events unfolding with no narration and trust the audience to be smart enough to make out what is going on without needing to be told bluntly by a disembodied voice. This is the climax of an arc about 40 episodes in the making at this point and the show is shooting itself in the foot. Very disappointed.
Feb 18, 2017 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
Treima said:
You know, going back to the Gon vs. Hisoka fight, where so much information was being parsed with very little in the way of narration, I felt that that was one of the highest points of this show. The series showed, instead of telling.

Now we're doing the opposite, with narration basically from start to finish. Is that really necessary? I don't think so. I think this episode could have been so much tighter if Madhouse had chosen to simply show us the events unfolding with no narration and trust the audience to be smart enough to make out what is going on without needing to be told bluntly by a disembodied voice. This is the climax of an arc about 40 episodes in the making at this point and the show is shooting itself in the foot. Very disappointed.

Not a fair comparison Hisoka vs Gon. But then I'll ask you this, how will you show the inner thoughts and Psychological changes of those characters in a span of a minute? Because all this shit that is happening right now took 1or 2 minutes in real time...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 19, 2017 2:07 AM

Jun 2013
Honestly, I really want to enjoy these battles, but this narration is really grating on my nerves at this point. Is it really necessary for everything that is going on to be spoonfed to the audience through an omniscient narrator, one who sounds so removed from the tense story that he could be talking about a walk in the woods? Is it really that difficult to get the info from context clues, character thoughts, and animation subtleties???

I really can't with this narration. :'(
Mar 31, 2017 10:01 PM

Oct 2016
I don't really mind the narration and ultra slow-mo part, though. If anything, it made use of its time to flesh out each and every character's mindset in a real battle. Something that won't be found in other battle Shounen. I can understand all the complaints but to me personally, I think it's a nice touch.
Jun 10, 2017 5:03 AM

Dec 2015
Oooohh Meruem is pissed!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 2, 2017 1:50 PM

May 2016
That was intense every second moved like a milisecond damn.
Aug 3, 2017 11:08 PM
Jul 2017
WAY too much narration. It really takes me out of it, plus it's annoying. Whatever happened to show, don't tell
Aug 9, 2017 12:36 AM

Jun 2016
The slow motion is very annoying. 2/5
Actually I'd give it 1/5. One additional score for Pitou's tear.
Aug 18, 2017 6:22 PM
Mar 2016
the slow motion and narration is so annoying. why did pitou cry?
Dec 6, 2017 9:06 PM

May 2013
Duuuudeeeeeeeeee. When Pitou was locating the King to make sure he was okay with her En, the silhouette already told us Komugi was most likely dead, although I thought one of the arrow dragons stabbed her ;3

That suuuuckssssss, mang. Meruem is gonna go apeshit on everyone.
D:

I'm scared for Zeno and Netero ;A;

but also happy that Shoot got inspired by Gon just like how Ikalgo was reborn by Killua. They both made a major change in another person and it's absolutely a beautiful thing to see take place.
Dec 27, 2017 1:33 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was intense. I felt my heart pumping with this one.

Daaamn that dragon dive is insane. HOLY SHITZU!!!

Komugi :(
Meruem's caring action and tenderness to lay her down as well as Neferpitou's tears brought me into tears. Damn. It hit me right in the feels.

Meruem really did care for Komugi.

P.S. I can't stop crying. Can anyone help?

5/5

Jan 24, 2018 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
The narrator would not shut up, intense emotional moments can be enhanced with less talking and yet... The narrator kept talking. Well, whatever.

Thi episode was epic though! Pitou just jumped and created a sonic boom while doing so, also Meruem is so affected by the condition Komigi is in that his aura can terrify Pitou which had a terrifying aura herself... I did not expect Pitou to cry though
Mar 2, 2018 1:43 AM

Jan 2010
I'm unable to tell since these episodes seem to fly by, but it felt like the past two episodes were dedicated to explaining, in great detail, all the events that occurred within the first minute of the attack. That was about 40 minutes of running time dedicated to a single minute of in-universe time.

And holy crap that was an amazing minute.
Aug 19, 2018 12:00 AM

Dec 2014
I was frozen to my seat…so many things happening so fast…. Things were happening more than I could handle… the execution of the episode was so flawless. No words just speechless
Sep 22, 2018 10:31 PM

Mar 2014
The moment when everything turned white under the King's aura was simply incredible
Oct 18, 2018 3:27 PM

Oct 2012
Komugi scene was... incredible
Oct 28, 2018 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
The feels. I live for epic scenes with amazing character development.
Jan 1, 2019 6:33 PM

May 2012
Rip Komugi to be honest, that was quite a sad scene even from the point of the King it seemed like he really cared about her, even loved her to a point he even didn't know what that emotion is.

Really amazing episode! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Feb 27, 2019 4:04 PM

Sep 2018
I find this episode so OA! hahaha The narrator storytelling is funny for me! And their actions is in slow-mo that I thought I'm watching a sports anime, they have so many thoughst in just a second :D

Meruem likes Komugi :D that's the only humane reaction I saw from him..
erenmeiiFeb 27, 2019 4:22 PM
Apr 14, 2019 1:38 PM

Oct 2018
Just shut the fuck up f*cking narrator...
Oct 28, 2019 3:46 AM

May 2016
Everyone started their charge towards Youpi but that instant was also the exact same time Dragon Dive had made its impact. Knuckle might've gotten a clean hit on him but it'll take a very long time for his aura to deplete since he has unimaginable levels of it.

Meruem was full of dreadful aura that froze all the immensely powerful people in the room in their place but his tender and genuine approach towards Komugi's wellbeing was the one move that almost cost Zeno and Netero their lives since he could've killed them easily had he not decided to change arenas for the girl's sake.

Dec 7, 2019 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
All that narration did not translate to anime well. It was like entirely slow moving/panning shots with copious amounts of dialogue. This was supposed to be a super tense moment. I think if they cut ALL of the narration during the stairway scene and went with a mostly silent background ost is would have been immensely more suspenseful. The slow mo still would have worked well it's just the kinda obnoxious narrator over-explaining things kinda ruined my suspense.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
7 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.