Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 23, 2011 10:59 AM

Feb 2008
This anime was all over the place, bad pacing and poorly developed cliched characters.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sep 23, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2011
I was just disappointed with this ending. Granted Rico was being a bit desperate to defeat Holmes.. Aria and Kinji just stood by as she was being beaten for far too long! And waaaaaaaaay too many animes are doing this! Making the sensei be the baddy. 3/5 for this ep.
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Oct 2, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2011
7/10

The sason was a let down it could've done mush better

The show, the plot, and characters were amazing.

Still the show I recon' would of done a ton load of ramen better as A video game
But a proper actual game (no gal game) were you would choose missions, carry them out, like in the first episode where Kinji chose missions, I mean that served no purpose for any other part in the season (other than last episode) and could've done much better) and there would be more of a mystery about Vlad and actually see stuff coming unlike omg "Vlad is Vampire I just realised it in 2 freakin seconds *genric shoked exprssion*" I mean some parts would be good were you'd put your detective skills to the test. Like a murder were you'd play as Kinji and aria to solve the mystery and Hysteria mode would be the case breaker

I don't mind ecchi but most of the season was just pure fan service

i mean the characters were pretty interesting A yandere, tsundere should never be together yet they were lol. A tsundere not admitting here true feelings and a yandere killing anybody who admits their feelings is just asking for it.

I really like the characters but they downgraded all the female characters by making them too pereverted (I'm talking about Shibayuki, half the girl fawning over vlad, and Riko) so that aria was the only girl for Kinji

Still good season

Reki is just pure win

riko is annoyign at time plus she's too promiscuous but I like the evil side to her plus she's kinda moe when she's upset

Thryx20Oct 2, 2011 10:10 PM
If I had a dollar for every dollar I have. I'd have an infinite amount of money, so "haha" for you.
Oct 15, 2011 9:36 PM

Jul 2010
it was ok for me, i can't even remember the names of the ppl other than kenji, riko and aria.

Nov 9, 2011 11:51 AM
Nov 2011
If I hadn't marathon-ed this series I could've given it an above decent rating. Low character-stakes, Back-Stories are shallow, Character development is slow. Etc. But I think the scene where Vlad was stepping on Riko's face, and her scream, was somehow cool. Nice episode
Satisfaction is death.
Nov 27, 2011 6:00 PM

Nov 2008
Tsukasa_chan said:
This whole site has too many haters...

Glad I'm not the ONLY one who thinks so. :)

The haters suck. This show was just supposed to be fun and it was. There are far far less enjoyable anime than this one. I was never bored or insulted or offended while watching this. Thus for me, a bad anime this does not make.
ChiibiNov 27, 2011 6:06 PM

Dec 11, 2011 7:22 AM
Dec 2010
Ok, to call werewolf Dracula and let him do that funny sound which remains me of teeth brushing, that was kinda weird :O ..

Well, it was nice and lively anime(7/10), but was that all ? It looks like it was cut in half , where is the other half of the show ?
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 8, 2012 12:06 AM

Feb 2011
I really liked this show, I guess I'll have to read the novels to find out more. What Vlad did to Riko was just to cruel, at least he got his "just desserts". I have to say the pacing was a little bad, but I bet you they were already planing to make a second season. So I'm sure they were just trying to plan for that.
Other than that I want more, onto the LN's!!!
Jan 11, 2012 6:35 PM
Jan 2012
I liked it cuz it went somewere unlike other animes like it when the guys doesn't even get a cheek kiss.
Jan 11, 2012 6:40 PM
Jan 2012
And I'm not the only one that thinks dracula's laugh was the funniest thing I've heard right?
Jan 14, 2012 7:19 PM

Mar 2010
this just left me with so many questions
who is Hana
what is up with his brother
more explanation on histeria mode
if vlad is #2 who is number 1
what happened to everyone else
all these questions ill never get the answers 2 and ill prob forget them before long...

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Jan 20, 2012 1:51 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome show with great scenes.
Im hoping a second season.
10/10

S2 Riko
Jan 31, 2012 11:55 AM
Apr 2008
Seriously Episode 12 is The best episode in the WHOLE anime

its better than watching episode 1-11

i wish for a second season i hope this anime wont end up like "Kaze no stigma"

there are many blank things that need to be filled
Mar 10, 2012 3:14 AM

Jan 2012
I facepalmed at this ending. There's two main things wrong with it:

1.)We were supposed to like Riko at first. Then we were supposed to hate her(airplane episode). Then we were supposed to like her when Aria and Kinji worked with her. Then we were supposed to hate her AGAIN this episode!
(Remember that she JUST, JUST told Aria and Kinji in the previous episode that since she had the Rosary, that she would kill them!) Now we were supposed to feel sorry for her?
I lol'd as she was getting her faced stomped in! You could tell they tried too hard to make us feel sorry for her!

2.)Where did this sudden asspull ending come from? The sensei turns out to be a vampire werewolf who is actually Dracula? LOL wut??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2012 6:42 PM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't watch it, if there were no "ecchi" scenes with Riko... with that pure fucking crap ending..
Apr 26, 2012 10:12 AM
Apr 2012
They need a second season, they explained absolutely nothing.

What about his brother? Who the hell is Kana? And wtf barely any Reki..

Also, did anyone else start to feel like Kinji was becoming absolutely useless as the story went on, even in his hysteria mode? lol
Jul 2, 2012 4:38 PM

Mar 2010
Uhh.. Overall this show was kinda mediocre, it was fairly interesting with some good chars, but the story in general and the action just felt kinda there. Sometimes the plot was so obvious it made me kinda irritated to watch. Also I kinda lost interest to finish this for some reason, probably because I was expecting something Shana-tier.

Aria (char) is awesome though, + small chest! :3

7/10
Aug 31, 2012 4:58 PM

Jun 2012
oke ending was not all bad but at least they should make another season to clear more things

and a full explenation about kana what i could find is this

Kinichi Tohyama (Kana) is the older brother of Kinji and a member of IU (Thesecond of which is later revealed to be a cover he took so that he could destroy the organization). Kinji has always idolized Kinichi and has viewed him as his ideal throughout his life. As such, Kinichi's presumed "death", before the events of the first volume is one of Kinji's major motivations for attempting to transfer out of Butei High. Often, Kinji stops halfway from saying "Nii-san" to saying "Kana", because she doesn't recognize Kinji is meaning her.

Like Kinji, he possess the ability to utilize Hysteria Savant Syndrome. However, unlike Kinji, he is able to enter HSS at will by crossdressing as a beautiful woman named Kana. He is also able to activate Hysteria Mode through the traditional method of sexual arousal, as shown when he kissed Patra during Volume 4. While crossdressing as Kana to enter Hysteria Mode, he stops perceiving himself as a man, and does not answer when Kinji addresses him as his brother. Also, when he crossdresses, he does not have the restriction of not hurting women that is usually placed on people in Hysteria Mode, and is able to hurt them.

The trade-off for this is that though Kinichi is able to maintain HSS for a whole day while crossdressed, at the end of that day, he has to sleep for ten days to recover from the immense strain that using HSS puts on his body. However, when he activates HSS regularly, he maintains the same restrictions Kinji has, and does not need to sleep off for ten days to recover himself. He has said that Kinji's HSS is, in fact, far stronger than his own, and even that of the first of the bloodline of Tohyama,

hope this helped some people
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Sep 29, 2012 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Great Anime!
Oct 31, 2012 6:26 PM

May 2012
This is pretty much the worst anime i've ever seen. Then again i havent watched that much anime so dont take my word on it.

Still pretty goddamn terrible and i do not understand the reason for its existence.

I give it 4/10:
1 star for Aria
1 star for Reki
1 star for the excellent opening episodes (they tricked me!)
1 star for Rie Kugimiya

KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't bother with the anime bashers of any series but I am glad that some people give this series higher because of Reki :D Clearly she needs more love. Second season shall be much more of her for sure. I know from the LNs. ROFL.

Not sure about Reki's role in second season. Her arc is especially long (longer than Aria's).
They have to clear Kana's and EU's arc in the next season. I doubt they will have time to spare for what comes after that.

Skip that shit and go straight to Reki's arc for next season! She really is the best character and one of the few good parts of the anime.
who_dat_ninjaNov 11, 2012 11:05 AM
Nov 4, 2012 9:29 PM

May 2012
A lot of people seems to give negative comment about this anime. I am a fan of harem anime and personally i don't think it's bad. I've seen worse.

My Advice : Do not believe people reviews unless you've watched it with your own eyes.

Overall : 7/10
Dec 11, 2012 6:54 AM

Mar 2012
I liked this anime very much; much more than I expected I would. To bad they already told there woudn't be a 2nd season.

So I give it 8/10
Jan 14, 2013 11:44 PM

Sep 2012
I can see some of the hate now. Didn't like the ending much at all. Maybe the OVA will be better...

The whole teacher/scientist infusing with Vlad genetics was just bleh. No outside help or anything. Just his own twisted story and a waste of a character that we hardly got much build up with. "Vlad" was hardly deadly or scary. Or whatever it was. Sure he punished Riko. Not much new here.

Also A LICK? Was enough? Come on I would have expected more for a final "important" battle. Riko could have did more to Aria...

It was fun for me overall but they could have did better. I think an 8/10 would be good for me. There was a lot of fun episodes. But they could have did so much more.
Feb 18, 2013 9:21 AM
Feb 2008
notsureifsrs said:
Should've had a lot more Riko.

The revelation that Riko Mine actually IS the Fujiko of the show blew me away.
Fujiko Mine. Riko Mine.
Now we know whose genes she inherited instead of Lupin's and why she's a femme fatale.

Like Mother, like Daughter.
Apr 15, 2013 5:07 PM
Apr 2013
Worst shit
Jun 12, 2013 5:36 AM
Oct 2012
When Riko was getting basically choked and the other two didn't do anything. that is when I quit this anime. To messed up for them NOT TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL AND WATCH HER GET CHOKED
Jul 3, 2013 7:17 AM
Apr 2013
poor riko

but nice ending

would have seen the other girl return toot hough maybe on last sec joining the fight

also we witnessed the wolf and demon but there was something else too she mentioned i think we didnt see that
Oct 13, 2013 7:26 PM
Jun 2013
Im really depressed that they never said who Kana was, Im really curious on who she was. Does the manga reveal anything about her? And does anybody know who she is?
Dec 2, 2013 7:27 AM

Oct 2013
What a great rollercoaster, this show is amazing, i'll miss Aria with her tsundereness :) nice action packed with commedy and little bit of rommance in it, eventhough the ending is more like harem ending but J.C staff did a great job at this, and want to know who the heck is Kana, it's still bothering my mind untill now, i guess ima read the light novel or the manga instead..

Overall score 8/10 wouldn't mind for a second season, yes please...
Jan 18, 2014 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
This anime has A LOT of potential. The first few episodes were good for me, but lately I found that there were ridiculous parts in this show, and some characters were annoying as hell(sometimes).
This anime was kinda rushed - but that's not the main problem anyway.

JC Staff ruined a good LN series. So much DISAPPOINTMENT. But this show is not bad at all -but not that great. It's just... it ruined my expectations(including everyone else's). The show was supposed to be good. Ugh. It's hard to expect anything from the show you thought it was great.

But the show somehow had a good OST. I especially LOVE the OP and ED.

Overall it was an ALRIGHT show.
Feb 20, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2012
What was up with Vlads laugh
Mar 2, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2013
pretty interesting ending battle. i'll miss this show, since i really liked the cliche characters.
Mar 4, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
1. vlads beating on riko was brutal

2. the way kinji figured out the 4th weak spot was impressive

3. the ost that played when it was aria vs vlad was epic. fights were actually enjoyable.

------------------------------

4. characters were just ok. enjoyed the ost. art was acceptable. english dub is what kept me watching cuz it was top notch.

5. story could've been more intense for my taste.

6. there were like 4 episodes that didn't even deal with the plot. preferred a little bit of a serious tone.

-overall for the series:

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 17, 2014 12:00 AM

Nov 2012
Well, I haven't problem with butchered Deen or JC Staff, so this anime is a bit underestimated for me.

I rlly was laughing a lot, all girls were just deadly. Seems like this anime hit my sense of humor, so 8/10 for good laugh.
May 21, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
Not really a fan of how this turned out, especially throwing in a full on monster. The fight was really underwhelming and the open ending was fairly mediocre.

I'm not really sure what this series was trying to be. The start was very intriguing and had a promising premise, but then it devolved into trying to set out into too many directions at once. Usually I'm a fan of Rie Kugimiya's tsundere characters, but I wasn't really feeling Aria. She just felt like a caricature of Kugimiya's type casting.

I still found it to be enjoyable overall and had lots of funny moments, but beyond cheap laughs, some nice service and a few cool moments, this series really had nothing else going for it in my book. 6/10
Jun 8, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2013
I don't understand the massive amount of hate this anime gets, it's definitely one of my favorites. The premise of a mercenary high school is great to me, and while it wasn't as much of a focus later in the anime, it was still entertaining the whole way.
Jun 30, 2014 8:25 PM
Mar 2013
I think Riko has a hysteria mode too after Kinji yelled out her name. Something felt off about the monster though. Count Dracula...Jeez, why is he even in this anime. And for that matter, why is he using wolves instead of bats? Strange indeed.

I also found it a bit cheesy that everyone had one bullet left in their gun at the end but it wasn't too bad. I like how his weak spot was his tongue. Wasn't expecting that.

I hate unfinished endings like this :( No info on who the heck Kana is, where Kinji's bro is, or the future status of Aria's mom. Looks like it's time to turn to the manga. Overall, I enjoyed this anime, but I have to say it was hilarious and random at times.
Jul 27, 2014 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
There is a scene that really pissed me off..... Is the scene where the "bad wolf" starts to torture, beat, and make Riko suffer a lot... Tucking that (replica/false) necklace inside Riko's mouth was the last straw of water for me... Just seeing this scene i was dying to get into my notebook and put an end to that situation that was psychologically torturing me ...

In addition, Aria and Kinji just stayed watching it happen -> this really made things much worse, to be true, is the "key" of my indignation... Where in the world, people that are "normal", that have feelings and that are not a cold person like Aria and Kinji could just stay watching this torture scene happening..?! Seriously that they can bear a situation like that..?!

There is a point where all we know (including the characters) that the bad guy of the story is the "bad wolf", and not Riko... Aria and Kinji had perfectly conditions to remove Riko from that situation... but no.... they just waited Riko, after getting beaten and tortured a lot, in her last energy/forces to say: "(...) Help me.." - "Ok.. now we (and the viewers) had enough... Torture: Ok!; Beat: Ok!; Suffer: Ok!.. now lets help her.." C'mmon......

Despite that scenes, but as an overall: 7/10
TechOtakuJan 25, 2015 12:26 AM
Sep 11, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2009
Too predictable. Also hoping for season 2.

4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2012
ezaya said:
Too predictable. Also hoping for season 2.

4/10
giving 4/10 and hoping for 2nd season

Sep 18, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2012
Decent ending in general, however I do feel a bit meh about this anime, it started pretty good but then it was just average so I guess it's a fine anime in general but it could've been better.

6/10
Dec 30, 2014 9:33 PM

Jan 2010
This show went from silly to unpleasant to dumb within the span of a few minutes. Wow.

First, Vlad as a werewolf. But then that thing was supposed to be a vampire, and then everyone was somehow surprised by that reveal. How does that work.

Second, Vlad torturing Riko. This is a sexual fan service show, so that was out of place. Unless that was the intent, in which case, I can only hope it wasn't directed towards ryona enthusiasts. If that wasn't the intent, then that was just unnecessary. On top of that, with even more sexual fan service popping up after that during the same fight, I just have no idea what this was all for.

Third, just all the historical references in this show. I...somewhat get the intent, but that, combined with the odd superpowers, was just a mess with nothing amounting to anything worthwhile. I can only assume that it was a botched adaptation.

I could have enjoyed this show, albeit ironically, if it just stuck to its guns and changing scenes. It seemed like it started off simple enough, but it overcomplicated itself trying to seem complex, dark, dramatic, and the effort didn't work. This is a show that tried to be everything and dropped it all.
Jun 18, 2015 1:22 AM

May 2015
I like this anime from the start. I kept watching it and wanted to love it. I finished it, but I far from loved it. It needs a second season just to actually develop any plot or solve any of the loose ends it started. Who's is Kana?! In the end I think Rikko was by far the most interesting character. I think there also could of been more room for the rest of the cast. I'm dissapointed there wasn't any Shirayuki in the last couple episodes. Overall the ending felt rushed and the entire anime felt like it started at the top of a mountain and slowly went down hill. I feel pretty meh now, 5/10. Hopefully the OVA can deliver something.
Oct 1, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Overall a good series, unfortunately like other series( example one of my favorites LN on the moment Serei Tsukai no Blade Dance), have a lot butchered from LN and like my example probability we will not see a anime continuation on this since the "second" season its about a spin off.
Nov 5, 2015 8:47 AM

Feb 2013
I liked it, but plot was all over the place. Characters were so unlikable. 6/10

Apr 2, 2016 4:19 PM

Aug 2011
I enjoyed this show a lot. I wanted cliches and I got them! It kept me motivated to keep watching until the latter eps where the maid setup bored me. Final ep was great though. This show is at it's best when each arc delivers an action-movie experience like the bomb on the speeding bus or the emergency plane landing ripped straight from Hollywood while Aria and Kinji have their own little arguments together.

While I loved the chemistry between the two mains, I wanted to know more about the other characters too like Reki, Kana or Kinji's brother. Perhaps for me then , the downside of Hidan no Aria was that it was over far to soon.
Apr 3, 2016 2:52 PM
Apr 2016
Dako said:
While I loved the chemistry between the two mains, I wanted to know more about the other characters too like Reki, Kana or Kinji's brother. Perhaps for me then , the downside of Hidan no Aria was that it was over far to soon.

Exactly. Those characters were interesting and what happened to Aria's mother? Will she be freed? It only said her sentence will be reduced(which is dumb, she should be freed). I really, REALLY, want another main season. Loved the anime.
May 27, 2016 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
Sensei is literally beating the crap out of her and the other two are just standing there watching, seriously now?!
Vlad is actually Dracula?omg, this is so fucking stupid...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 23, 2020 6:40 PM

Feb 2014
Needed more panty shots and more Reki.
Jan 29, 2023 6:07 AM

Aug 2019
i really dont understand the inclusion of holmes, durandal, dracula and other stuff like that they just dont fit the story but that was a fine ending and we got some nice yuri :3
and i didnt remember that rikos future fate would be so brutal if they didnt kill vlad that is. to live in a cell just to give birth to the "perfect" predecesor

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.