Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2020 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like another episode that builds on the relationship of the cast.

Interestlngly, we got to hear more from Ray, Lyd, and other non-human characters. Not much action this episode but it's kinda neat to hear how the monsters live their lives. They don't even seem too different from humans in terms of personalities.

Oct 23, 2020 8:59 AM

Feb 2018
Bye Wienne..

it was a pretty sad farewell but I prefer that last scene
Oct 23, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was a mater of time before those guys would show up before those monsters.
And it will probably be bad.

The question is what will all this mean for the future and how will it effect Bell and his party.
Oct 23, 2020 10:13 AM
Jul 2015
I wonder who, or rather what, the recent arrival currently strongest Xenos is. I also wonder when they'll show up.

I'm glad the bad guys this season are actual bad guys, rather than Apollo who was just cartoonish, and Ishtar who I don't even remember actually being bad.
Oct 23, 2020 10:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That first scene though sure was impressive in misdirection. Still the reaction of Bell and his friends to this abnormal situation sure was funny. Though figures that there are members of the xeno's that disagree with Lyd. Even from the gods view coexistence between monsters and adventurers sure sounds like a dream. Though its kinda sad that even within the labyrinth that the Xeno's are treated as enemies by other monsters as well. Though the risk of blowback to Hestia's familia is indeed pretty high. But of all gods to be aware of this development Ganesha was the last one i expected. Fels though sure had quite the surprise for us. The talk between Bell and Lyd and Ray though sure was interesting in presenting their own fears and desires to us. Its parallel with Ourano's explanation to Hestia did well to expand upon both the xenos and the dungeon. That ambush at the end sure sure ended the ep on quite the cliff-hanger. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent world building and expansion with revelations. Hearing the view of the world from the xeno's sure was enlightening. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2013
Good to hear more explanation from Ouranos. So the mysterious person by the name of Fels was actually a human sage.
It would be very hard to convince ordinary humans, who fear monsters, to let them to the surface, so it would be interesting to see how all this will develop.

Oct 23, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2009
so monsters are also reincarnated and evolve that way huh

Wiene is in trouble again damn
Oct 23, 2020 10:39 AM

Oct 2017
I like Lyd, hope he gets to see sunset someday. So the monsters keep reviving and now they are evolving after countless revives huh, it's kinda sad but great too.
Oct 23, 2020 10:42 AM

Apr 2012
Kenway211 said:
I wonder who, or rather what, the recent arrival currently strongest Xenos is. I also wonder when they'll show up.

I'm glad the bad guys this season are actual bad guys, rather than Apollo who was just cartoonish, and Ishtar who I don't even remember actually being bad.

Apollo is an asshole and a pervert and he also planned on killing Hestia once he got Bell and I'll consider the leader of his familiar a bad guy too. I agree with you on Ishtar though, she's just ambitious and has no intention to harm Bell aside from taking his virginity before Freya does.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Oct 23, 2020 11:01 AM

Jun 2015
I think the ending shows us who are actually monsters and who are not. Enough said else I'll end up diving into politics and as much as the ending left me on a sour note and worry over some of our characters I still have hope. Something I feel I share with the xenos!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 23, 2020 11:31 AM

Sep 2019
Well, it was obvious that humans wouldn’t want to live with monsters but it still hurts. They haven’t anything wrong, they just wanted to get to the surface.

Humans are the worst creatures. We tend to discriminate anyone who is not like us, who doesn’t think like us.
Oct 23, 2020 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
I don't understand this plot.
So they killing each other for 100+ years but never thought of at least try to communicate with each other??
Even if it's insulting each other? Is it some kind of rule created by the gods?
"We can't show any sign of intelligence because S2 is still not aired?"
This anime makes so little sense and the plot is so stupid.
Why this anime can't have at least something above mediocre? The only good scene was the S01 minotaur fight. I even watched the whole season hoping that series will bring something with to experience, but here I'm... S02 and yet to see anything worth watching. Ugh. This anime is so bad.

P.S Oh. This is S03. The second season was so forgetful that I forget it entirely lol.
removed-userOct 23, 2020 12:25 PM
Oct 23, 2020 12:39 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So we learn one of the secrets of the dungeon and that monsters are reborn in the dungeon. Some of them are reincarnated as Xenos. The Xenos have a dream of being on the surface one day, but that will take some time to convince the people on the surface that Xenos are not a threat. It was only a matter of time before the monster smugglers track Wiene down.
Oct 23, 2020 12:47 PM
Sep 2016
villko05 said:
So they killing each other for 100+ years but never thought of at least try to communicate with each other??
Why this anime can't have at least something above mediocre? The only good scene was the S01 minotaur fight. I even watched the whole season hoping that series will bring something with to experience, but here I'm... S02 and yet to see anything worth watching. Ugh. This anime is so bad.

P.S Oh. This is S03. The second season was so forgetful that I forget it entirely lol.

Most monsters have no intelect so communication is useless in most cases. Only Xenos, who are very rare, can do that. And even then, disctimination still exist. If the Nazis couldnt accept normal human beings like the jews what makes you believe humans will easily accept monsters? Monsters that may have killed their loved ones in the past. Its a delicate subject and its treated ike that in the show.
Siegfried10Oct 23, 2020 12:51 PM
Oct 23, 2020 12:48 PM

Sep 2014
Ouranos seems like a decent guy at least for now and lol freaking Ganesha.
Looking forward to Ikelos familia getting poached soon.
Oct 23, 2020 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Siegfried10 said:
villko05 said:

Most monsters have no intelect so communication is useless in most cases. Only Xenos, who are very rare, can do that. And even then, disctimination still exist. If the Nazis couldnt accept normal human beings like the jews what makes you believe humans will easily accept monsters? Monsters that may have killed their loved ones in the past. Its a delicate subject amd its treaed like tjat in the show.

Sorry, I still fail to see any logic in this. It's too unbelievable that people in this universe are so stupid, like those three monkeys who "no hear, no see, no talk".
One would think that rumors about talking monsters would spread and people would start questioning this. I hate this types of badly written plots where you need to completely shut down your brains to enjoy the story.
Oct 23, 2020 12:53 PM
Sep 2016
villko05 said:
Siegfried10 said:

Most monsters have no intelect so communication is useless in most cases. Only Xenos, who are very rare, can do that. And even then, disctimination still exist. If the Nazis couldnt accept normal human beings like the jews what makes you believe humans will easily accept monsters? Monsters that may have killed their loved ones in the past. Its a delicate subject amd its treaed like tjat in the show.

Sorry, I still fail to see any logic in this. It's too unbelievable that people in this universe is so stupid, like those three monkeys who "no hear, no see, no talk".

I honestly wonder how you cant see it, considering human history regarding to discrimination and racism. And thats between humans who dont eat your family lol.
Oct 23, 2020 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Siegfried10 said:
villko05 said:

Sorry, I still fail to see any logic in this. It's too unbelievable that people in this universe is so stupid, like those three monkeys who "no hear, no see, no talk".

I honestly wonder how you cant see it, considering human history regarding to discrimination and racism. And thats between humans who dont eat your family lol.

They refuse to have any kind of interactions with humans for NO REASON other than to create this bad plot reveal. Normally, if your dog would start talking, you would be intrigued, but in this universe, you would keep throwing him bone without giving too much thought to that.
WHAT?
Oct 23, 2020 12:56 PM

Mar 2013
Kenway211 said:

If I know my anime tropes, it'll be a monster Bell has killed before. Or maybe that minotaur he ran away from in the first episode? [EDIT: Actually thinking back Bell has had a lot of encounters with minotaurs. It was like a major part of his character development in the first season. It probably is a minotaur then. If I'm right someone owes me a Coke.]

Dix is a dick.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 23, 2020 1:03 PM

Mar 2013
Siegfried10 said:
villko05 said:

Most monsters have no intelect so communication is useless in most cases. Only Xenos, who are very rare, can do that. And even then, disctimination still exist. If the Nazis couldnt accept normal human beings like the jews what makes you believe humans will easily accept monsters? Monsters that may have killed their loved ones in the past. Its a delicate subject and its treated ike that in the show.

Yeah asking where the logic is in this seems odd considering there are real world examples of countries and ethnic groups despising each other for decades (even centuries). For currently ongoing examples:

Middle East Conflict: A dispute that's been going on for thousands of years, can be traced back the Ancient Egyptian enslavement of Jews.

Amenian-Azerbaijani conflict: It also includes Turkey. These two sides have been knocking the shit out of each other (save the occasional pause e.g. when both were under Soviet rule) for an insanely long time and now it's escalated once again.

Also Turkish treatment of Kurds.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 23, 2020 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Riotstarter said:
Kenway211 said:

If I know my anime tropes, it'll be a monster Bell has killed before. Or maybe that minotaur he ran away from in the first episode? [EDIT: Actually thinking back Bell has had a lot of encounters with minotaurs. It was like a major part of his character development in the first season. It probably is a minotaur then. If I'm right someone owes me a Coke.]

Dix is a dick.

Would be fun if for next season Bell would become a girl. That would attract some new audience, then for next season they could revert the change and made up some other nonsense.
Oct 23, 2020 1:07 PM
Sep 2016
villko05 said:
Siegfried10 said:

They refuse to have any kind of interactions with humans for NO REASON other than to create this bad plot reveal. Normally, if your dog would start talking, you would be intrigued, but in this universe, you would keep throwing him bone without giving too much thought to that.
WHAT?

Yeah, because your dog doesnt eat humans. Adventurers, or humans in general, have a deep hatred for monsters because most of them have people they know who where slaughtered by them. Before the Gods came down the mortal world was a feast for monsters even.

Xenos dont try to comunicate with humans because they always try to kill them. If a monster starts talking most people would freak out and attack. Wiene was lucky she was so human-like in appearances and that she meet Bell who is a really good guy.
Oct 23, 2020 1:08 PM

Jan 2016
Damn, JC are actually doing well so far! This was a 1:1 adaptation

Now, just please keep this up with the upcoming 2 volumes, which are the meat of the story
Oct 23, 2020 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Siegfried10 said:
villko05 said:

WHAT?

Yeah, because your dog doesnt eat humans. Adventurers, or humans in general, have a deep hatred for monsters because most of them have people they know who where slaughtered by them. Before the Gods came down the mortal world was a feast for monsters even.

Xenos dont try to comunicate with humans because they always try to kill them. If a monster starts talking most people would freak out and attack. Wiene was lucky she was so human-like in appearances and that she meet Bell who is a really good guy.

Yes. Unlike all other people in this universe who are supposed to be total nazi idiots, only Bell is a nice guy with an ability to think for himself. He's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. That makes sense indeed.
Oct 23, 2020 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
For the most part, this episode was pretty chill and upbeat, with Bell's group getting along with the Xenos. Lyd's dream of wanting to get to the surface to see the sky was really nice, though. I do hope he'll be able to get the chance to see what the sky looks like with his own eyes one day. =)

That said, I can understand Hestia's concerns about what Ouranos told her. The dungeon itself also have a death and rebirth cycle for the monsters, which might go to explain why some of the Xenos can learn to speak so quickly. Plus, it was interesting to see the true identity of Fels who is a human sage.

Seeing Wiene cry when she had to say goodbye to Bell and the others was really sad, though. To add to the misery, the smugglers made a trap to lure in some of the Xenos and, sadly, it worked. If they harm Wiene in any way, there'll be hell to pay...
Oct 23, 2020 1:22 PM

Mar 2020
Well now Wiene and Bell have been separated.....sadness.

All monsters have a dream. They do not want to stay in the dungeons forever but you know since there monsters they cannot achieve there dreams even if they are great people at heart.

The story is starting to build up where the Hestia family and the Xenos get to know each other better and will probably support each other in future episodes.

The end of the episode showed Ikelos familia attack the Xenos so I'm very excited to see what goes down next episode

Good episode :)
Oct 23, 2020 1:28 PM
Sep 2016
villko05 said:
Siegfried10 said:

Yes. Unlike all other people in this universe who are supposed to be total nazi idiots, only Bell is a nice guy with an ability to think for himself. He's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. That makes sense indeed.

Its luck of the straw, you could end up with a good guy like Bell/Fels or an agressive adventurer. Also, not all Xenos are waifus (lets admit that this helped Wiene lol) but ugly monsters, and some dont even talk so they have it even worse.
Oct 23, 2020 1:38 PM

Feb 2019
Poor Wiene. Being separated from Bell is already hard on her now there's an ambush from these scummy adventurers. The Xenos deserve a happy ending. I hope they get it. This episode was a pretty good adaptation, JC finally doing something right.
Oct 23, 2020 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
So what happens to the souls of adventurers who die in the Dungeon? Go back to the Dungeon instead of Heaven? Not going to say the answer is completely clear right now but the implications were strong in this episode.

What's surprising is the fact that the gods don't know about this.
Oct 23, 2020 2:59 PM

Apr 2020
as usual, greedy human found monster nest...

time for bell and the others to save the monsters
Oct 23, 2020 3:25 PM
Sep 2020
I think that was the deepest ep of Dungeon ni Deai
the approach was not pleasant in itself, but dealing with concepts like reincarnation and discrimination against minorities is valid
unfortunately that the pace of this season is similar to last season, I wish there was more action and less static frames

acho que esse foi o ep mais profundo de Dungeon ni Deai
a abordagem não foi agradável em si, mas tratar de conceitos como reencarnação e preconceito com minorias é válido
infelizmente, acho que o ritmo desta temporada é semelhante ao da temporada passada, gostaria que tivesse mais ação e menos telas estáticas
Oct 23, 2020 4:11 PM

Apr 2015
I loved this building on the trust between Bell's party (humans) and the Xenos (Monsters). It makes a lot of sense that some of these Xenos put doubts towards humans, just like Lili still had towards Wiene. I guess that's only natural for 2 sides who have been the hunter and the hunted for so many decades.

That cliffhanger, the hunters have captured the bird girl :( Just about when Bell has left the dungeon.
Oct 23, 2020 5:02 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good ep overall.

Bell and co get to interact more with the Xenos and learn a bit more from them which was nice. The whole thing was pretty chill for the most part even when learning that Fels was a former human who is now just a skeleton and how the Xenos have dreams of the surface even though they have never been outside of the dungeon.

All of this leading to the revelation that monsters have souls and thus a rebirth cycle like humans do was pretty great imo. Hestia's reaction to that Ganesha being in on the Xenos' existence for quite awhile was also pretty funny.

It was sad seeing Wiene getting separated from Bell and the others and it's made even worse when Dix and his group lured her along with the other Xenos into their trap. As it stands, everything is now ramping up.

I'm looking forward to the next ep.

Oct 23, 2020 5:12 PM

Jun 2017
Hopefully Wiene will get out of this mess somehow (maybe everyone gets killed and that newcomer Xenos ends up saving her?). RIP to the cool knight looking black one tho.

Skeleton reveal was interesting as well. (good timing for spooktober)

villko05 said:
Riotstarter said:

Dix is a dick.

Would be fun if for next season Bell would become a girl. That would attract some new audience, then for next season they could revert the change and made up some other nonsense.

We have Sword Oratoria for that where Ais is the MC lol. (wonder if that will ever get a second season, manga is super far ahead now)
Oct 23, 2020 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
I hope Wenie dies, but let's be honest. This is not an anime which would take a drastic turn.
She probably unlock some hidden power or someone will save her (probably that elf guy/god?).
Oct 23, 2020 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
villko05 said:
I hope Wenie dies, but let's be honest. This is not an anime which would take a drastic turn.
She probably unlock some hidden power or someone will save her (probably that elf guy/god?).

What kind of sick . . . You ok bro?

I literally can't think of any reason why you would want to kill off Wenie other than your own satisfaction. I don't mean to trample on you thoughts, but why do you want Wenie dead? Because it'll cause Bell to go on some rampage, it'll make the plot more interesting? I really don't get it . . .
Oct 23, 2020 5:34 PM

May 2018
It's getting too dark for me to enjoy. I'll probably gonna watch till the end, but this is not my cup of tea

The first season was better
Oct 23, 2020 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
_cenjoo said:
villko05 said:

I literally can't think of any reason why you would want to kill off Wenie other than your own satisfaction. I don't mean to trample on you thoughts, but why do you want Wenie dead? Because it'll cause Bell to go on some rampage, it'll make the plot more interesting? I really don't get it . . .

Token loli cute-moe characters annoy me.
Oct 23, 2020 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode for build-up overall.

I can't get over the fact that Ais pointed her sword at Bell. I'm really intrigued on how they implement it.

It bothers me a little that the monsters mouthes don't move accordingly to the dialogue.

So monster's were once human's? Or did they just end up evolving over the countless rebirths?

Don't make Weine cry bro :(

removed-userOct 23, 2020 10:16 PM
Oct 23, 2020 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
villko05 said:
_cenjoo said:

Token loli cute-moe characters annoy me.

I mean it’s ok not to like them, but to wish death upon them . . . Maybe a little too much bro?
Oct 23, 2020 9:41 PM

Jan 2013
What a great episode! So now we know about what happens to monsters after they die, they respawn.

It will be hard to accomplish Xenos's dream, but i do hope.

That ending...damn, what an easy bait.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 23, 2020 10:56 PM
Oct 2020
villko05 said:
Siegfried10 said:

Then you can stop watching already. You know nothing is the world can satisfy everyone because everyone is different.
Oct 23, 2020 11:01 PM
Oct 2020
Dariat said:
It's getting too dark for me to enjoy. I'll probably gonna watch till the end, but this is not my cup of tea

The first season was better

Next season would be even more intense and dark, in case you think it would get normal.
Oct 23, 2020 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
wellthe dynamics are really good...hmmm

this is getting exciting
Oct 24, 2020 1:51 AM

Jan 2016
that trap was pretty predictable. My favorite Xenos died, so that's pretty oof... Ikelos group really are scumbags, huh, hopefully they will get justice upon them soon
Oct 24, 2020 3:48 AM
Aug 2020
I don't know, man. The anime is fine but it just seems so predictable for me. It's super obvious who the bad guys are and their motive looks like it was thought by a 10-year-old: for money. I can already see where this show is going. Should I add a spoiler tag to what I'm about to say? Nah, I'm sure your brain is smart enough to know that the bad guys will be defeated (by Bell, probably), and boom! Happy ending achieved!

Not my cup of tea.
Oct 24, 2020 4:15 AM

May 2018
Wiene ended up in more danger with the friendly monsters than with the Hestia Familia
Oct 24, 2020 4:31 AM
Oct 2020
cryodawn said:
I don't know, man. The anime is fine but it just seems so predictable for me. It's super obvious who the bad guys are and their motive looks like it was thought by a 10-year-old: for money. I can already see where this show is going. Should I add a spoiler tag to what I'm about to say? Nah, I'm sure your brain is smart enough to know that the bad guys will be defeated (by Bell, probably), and boom! Happy ending achieved!

Not my cup of tea.

By this logic most animes would fail. We know Luffy would sure get the final treasure, if it exists; Naruto would be the hokage (which has been proven); Eren Jeager would definitely find out the truth about the Titans. We don't watch most of the animes because we don't know the ending - we watch because we want to find out how it ended up like that.
Oct 24, 2020 4:45 AM

Oct 2016
That was a pretty good episode, we got to know more about the Xenos. And how they also go through thy cycle of death and rebirth which causes them to somehow evolve. That is great.

Being a skeleton is probably the last thing I expected Fels to be, I thought Fels is a Xenos too instead Fels gave me the s h o o k.

Bell and Wiene being separated is sad as fuck but, it is meant to be. It is not time yet for humans and monsters to coexist outside. It'll take a long time for that to happen.

Man, Dix is a dick ya really gonna do Ray like that. Wiene will probably be captured, can't wait for Bell to save her and fuck Dix up.
Oct 24, 2020 7:49 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Where we go... it is finally revealed that after many reincarnations, slowly, monsters can gain awareness, and earn to reach out, to fulfill desires that slowly build with them over and over. S
ome Xenos want to reach the surface, others were touched by seeing adventures fighting them, to save fellow partners... all these lingering desires over many years in contact with adventures, and memories when the monsters themselves roamed the surface, give birth to the Xenos.

It is a very beautiful thing, I really liked the concept, and there are still quite a lot of surprises ahead, despite how much the OP spoiled, so people will be surprised the ways the writer will explore this concept as the story progresses!

Was expecting this to end with vol9, but they actually got into vol10 already, and it makes sense.
Vol9 ends with Wiene crying, having to go with the Xenos, it was kind of a hard ending, but I liked, but ending it with the torture scene wasn't any less impactful, it worked out well.
That said, it is surely longer in the LN, and I recall feeling very uneasy after Wiene left the group, up to them finding that siren tortured, there was quite a lot of text reading, and it built it really well, it was hard to read, I knew something was coming, and here it is.

I hope anime viewers keep themselves in check with some other SoL light stuff anime, cuz shit is about to go more and more fucked from where it literally hits rock bottom.
The series is done going easy folks if you don't want feels, stop watching.

_cenjoo said:
villko05 said:

Don't ask for it guys, just saying... next volume, 10, is about to leave a lot of people tense as fuck, it will be hard to watch.
Also, it is Wiene, not Wenie.

cryodawn said:

Not my cup of tea.

Want me to spoil it for you then? I would argue the take of later episodes was quite refreshing, but then again, the OP actually spoils ALOT, like wtf.
They should have done multiple OP versions to slowly show this stuff.

The short answer is, you are both right and wrong.
PlaycoolOct 24, 2020 8:59 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.