Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2020 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time Railgun T came back. I miss this show so much and it's cool to once again see Misaki (she's been absent for awhile on screen)

I don't blame Misaka's anger though. She's been through so much in these past few days in the story.

I hope this anime won't be getting more breaks/recaps although time will tell.
Mar 20, 2020 6:48 AM

Nov 2007
Regained data shows a report that Misaki girl was there. Main girl doesn't tell them they got memory loss, though.

Main girl finally found that Misaki girl. Oh, the group is different from Misaki girl... and is related to the scientist involved in sisters experiment.

Then memory deleted just not letting them to be involved.

Misaki girl has no energy to run, though. Then that normal stupid argument.

Judgement group is indirectly also involved, though.

Wait, is it the main guy from the main Index series in the preview?
tsubasaloverMar 20, 2020 7:36 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 20, 2020 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
So the duo of Misaka and Misaki has been formed for the time being at least seeing as they had an funny fight in the end.
Still i wonder how the cooperation will go seeing as they both go their own path and they might be hiding things from each other.
It will be fun to see how this turns out.
Mar 20, 2020 7:19 AM

Jul 2012
It's finally back!!!

Really love the skit between Mikoto and Misaki in the end =/ After all the explanation Mikoto thought she was again betrayed when lost sight of Misaki, but someone is very unathletic ...
And love Mikoto's running animation!

Kihara Gensei with another lvl6 plan. Closing slowly to amazing battles.
Mar 20, 2020 7:33 AM

Aug 2019
where did yall watch this
Mar 20, 2020 10:00 AM

Sep 2014
FINALLY! Thanc god . .
fuckgendo said:
where did yall watch this
Crunchyroll mb
Mar 20, 2020 10:02 AM
Jul 2019
pretty enjoyable episode. felt like it went by in a flash, too. fingers crossed for the next one to be less delayed. also lol this episode wasn't on crunchyroll when this thread was posted so yeah.
Mar 20, 2020 10:03 AM

Feb 2016
Mikoto back at it after such a long break

One of the Kiharas the old Kihara Gensei is the mastermind behind this whole mess

Seeing Misaki on screen is so refreshing
Mar 20, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
This show is finally back!

Shokuhou Misaki finally explained herself to Misaka, though that didn't stip Misaka's anger. And they formed their own group.

Mar 20, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2015
nice and fun episode, I thought the animation would get worse but it didn't happen, I just hope there are no more delays from now on, it's easy to lose the thread of the story with so many breaks
Mar 20, 2020 10:24 AM

Apr 2017
Seems like I was wrong guessing there would be a huge fight this episode. It's nice to see this twist, I didn't expect Shokuhou to be one of the good guys seeing how she did, what she did. But this is probably due to the perspective of the show, seeing it from Misakas' point of view. So it's only natural that we know as much as she does and not that much more. But even though they are still not a friends or anything, I think they will probably fight side by side in some of the upcoming battles. They are not enemies any more as they have the same goal to fight for.

It's also nice to see how Shirai, Saten and Uiharu are helping Misaka even though they lost their memories of her. I'm not quite sure if they are just putting up with it or if they are actually regaining some of the memories. Either way they are doing their best to help, for now from the outside but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before they dive straight into the action again.
Mar 20, 2020 10:27 AM

Sep 2018
YES! Its finally back!

It seems that Misaka kicked Corona-chan's ass and now its time to kick some Kihara ass!

Having #3 and #5 teem up seems pretty great but than you remember that they are total opposites in everything (except Touma).
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 20, 2020 10:30 AM

Nov 2019
The second part of the episode was really enjoyable ! It is so refreshing to see more of Misaki.

Also, Touma on the next episode's preview, can't wait until next week !
Mar 20, 2020 10:41 AM

Aug 2009
Their talk under that bridge/building was a noticeable a step down in design quality but for some reason the rest of the ep was like usual.

The "fight" at the end was funny and i show their relationship should always be.

It is sad that we will never see the better parts of their relationship in the main series after the fiasco Index III was. And even NT is animated it will still be of the same quality or worse since Kamachi decided to make everything even more weird.

Mar 20, 2020 10:46 AM

Jun 2013
Shokuhou is truthly a interesting character. The part she cant catch up with Misaka due to her "wind resistance" make me laugh alot haha =))
Mar 20, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2017
Finally another episode of Railgun. Shokuhou was kinda cute in this episode and the last part was hilarious. Misaka was thinking that Shokuhou tricked her but lol she was just too slow.
Mar 20, 2020 11:05 AM

Feb 2019
After a month we’re finally back!!!

Great episode, man I missed Railgun on Fridays.

Misaki running is literally me anytime I leave the house lol. The interactions between her and misaka were hilarious this episode, so many funny and meme worthy scenes.

Also apparently she doesn’t wear a bra underneath gym clothes? Niceee Lol.

Hopefully under quarantine I have the time to catch up and watch the first two seasons of Railgun Index. For now, having had no prior exposure to the series save the first ep of index, I’m still following along and able to enjoy it a lot. I’m sure I’ll get some added context later

Y’all be safe, see y’all next week.
Mar 20, 2020 11:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this is why I need my weekly dose of this! Another glorious episode, like the usual.

Misaka figuring out about the base of operations of Shokohou was a nice find but it seems that Shokohou was in fact anticipating that, hence the interruption and eventual encounter I suppose. And the truth is finally out too, about time and it really fits in with everything thus far I reckon. Guess she's not really as inhuman as we imagined, huh?

Kihara Gensei up with another plan to succeed with the Level 6 project is no surprise, really. It's become an addiction for the higher-ups in the town, I'm afraid. Damn, seeing through Shokuhou's plans and anticipating these developments like that though, looks like we've found ourselves some troublesome opponent(s). Op infers that Shokohou and Kihara Gensei might just have a deeper relationship as suggested but I doubt they're accomplices (would make for an interesting twist if the mercenary she hired ends up a double agent though) by any means. It'll certainly be interesting to see what'll unfold next in the brewing mess.

Some sweet moments between the unusual duo in the end there, though. Certainly wasn't expecting anything of the sort but it was a nice treat, overall. Lol, Shokohou really hates losing, doesn't she?

Damn, that running sequence was awesome! It's really pleasing to see that the Quality hasn't dwindled much at all and I only pray that this will continue for the remaining journey.

It's nice to see more of Kuroko and co., on the other hand. If they manage to find out about that purple-haired girl, it would certainly save these two a lot of extra time and effort. Keep at it, girls!

I'm so glad it's Episode 9 next week! Hopefully, we've gone through the last of the delays of this season...
_MushiRock11_Mar 20, 2020 11:22 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 20, 2020 11:19 AM
Apr 2019
Was a nice return after the two-week hiatus, more build-up, and mostly characters bouncing off each other in this episode. Mikoto and Misaki are GREAT together in their banter and back and forths bringing back the more light-hearted moments reminiscent of early season 1. Plans are also really going into effect and the payoffs with great battles and more revelations are getting closer and closer. Hyped to see what comes next and glad to see one of my favourite animes back after the whole virus outbreak.
Mar 20, 2020 11:23 AM

Jan 2019
Railgun T is back in business and boi was that a good episode, as expected.

It just took this one episode for me to appreciate Misaki and it looks like the relationship between the two espers will be a treat to watch. It's interesting how Misaki is trying to do things on her own with no one's help (kinda like Mikoto during Sister's arc) while Misaka reprimands her for not seeking cooperation.

Kihara Gensei as the big bad should be interesting since he wasn't really in the spotlight in the last two seasons.

Got quite a laugh during the segment where Misaka and Misaki argue with each other in the alleyway.

That running animation with Misaka was pretty slick. Props to J.C. for still maintaining quality so far.

Anyway, episode 9 next week (hopefully) ! Looking forward to it.
Mar 20, 2020 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Railgun finally beat corona! Another great episode with lots of developement. Misaka was obviously angry as fuck but she understood Misaki wasnt really at fault. Actually Misaki seems to be quite considerate in her own ways. I honestly kinda like her now. There surely is more to her intentions as well.
Misaka sprinting away leaving Misaki behind and thinking she got tricked was funny af.

Also thx for Misakis midriff shot Misaka. I thought that shirt would rip.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 20, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
Finally, after 2 weeks of hiatus we're back! Finally anime-only watchers will start to hate Misaki less and even sympathize with her. It was also funny seeing them arguing and that Misaki couldn't even follow Mikoto's jogging pace. Her face was hilarious. XD
Mar 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
The hiatus has finally ended. Railgun is back and, hopefully, it'll stay that way all the way until the final episode. =)

This episode properly showcases Misaki's true intentions and what she's done has not only been beneficial to herself, but to Misaka as well. Misaka's anger at Misaki is justified and I don't blame her for it at all, but what Misaki did was for the right reasons, even though it got Kongo injured in the process.

I have to say, the discussions that both girls' were having was enjoyable. Not only for the main plot, but also on the comedy aspect as well. The latter was shown to perfect effect when Misaka ran off and Misaki couldn't keep up. To save her pride, Misaki blamed her massive chest for her lack of stamina and taunted Misaka's small chest, but Misaka called that bluff and blunt told Misaki that she was rubbish at sports in general since she doesn't take part in any at all. Their argument here was hilarious, even more so when they're close to the building where Gensei supposedly is.

All in all, this episode was as great as I hoped it would be. Great dialogue between Misaka and Misaki, the introduction to Gensei was spot on and Misaka's running animation not only looked excellent, but the CGI usage here was also good, too. Things are looking good again. ^_^
Mar 20, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2015
Not sure why we had to wait 3 weeks as they certainly stepped down the pace with this episode. It had better be because its about to get mental and the producers were worried our brains might explode if we weren't calmed down first.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 20, 2020 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
About time Railgun T came back. I miss this show so much and it's cool to once again see Misaki (she's been absent for awhile on screen)

I don't blame Misaka's anger though. She's been through so much in these past few days in the story.

Shokuho being the adult is far more impressive to me. but I guess she can afford to be a not panicking adult thanks to her power. Also what's with that comment about Misaka choosing to accept people's words at face value being the result to radio project noise and level 6 shift?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Mar 20, 2020 3:20 PM

Jul 2016
After waiting for 3 weeks.... FINALLY!!!!!

Good episode too!
Mar 20, 2020 3:26 PM

Dec 2015
kidlat020 said:
Stark700 said:

Shokuho being the adult is far more impressive to me. but I guess she can afford to be a not panicking adult thanks to her power. Also what's with that comment about Misaka choosing to accept people's words at face value being the result to radio project noise and level 6 shift?

cuz the scientists told her that her DNA gonna help people with muscle atrophy
( or some other disease i don't remember very well) and she gave it to them
Mar 20, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2015
WOW, that was a huge change. One moment arch enemies the next they're having a funny banter fight against one another. That was really nice to see. Seeing Misaki tired as hell was funny and it was nice to see the gap between her "perfect" self and her true self. It'll be really great to see these two become friends.

Still cant wait for the end of this arc and seeing Misaka.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Nov 2019
Okay who else is waiting for a certain headbutt to happen?
Mar 20, 2020 6:33 PM

Apr 2015
It almost feels like months since the last episode came out!! Glad it's back again!!

So, I have to say! I was wrong about Shokuhou, she doesn't seem to be so bad after all! They just don't get along very well!

I love how it went from some serious talk back in that truck to bickering about body parts at the destination of arrival... These girls man XD
Mar 20, 2020 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
So she wasn't actually messing up with her, she was "helping" Misaka.

But the next episode will be amazing!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 21, 2020 5:18 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! what a long break because of that culprit CHINESE VIRUS!!!
anyways
lolz at Shokuhou easily get tired compared to Misaka but Shokuhou immediately insults Misaka with the wind resistance because of her big boob but was just meh! bwahahah!
4/5.

Mar 21, 2020 5:22 AM

Jun 2016
matias067 said:
w0w! what a long break because of that culprit CHINESE VIRUS!!!
anyways
lolz at Shokuhou easily get tired compared to Misaka but Shokuhou immediately insults Misaka with the wind resistance because of her big boob but was just meh! bwahahah!
4/5.

yeah i kinda dissapointed too because this CHINESE VIRUS !!!

i hope no more delay in future ...
Mar 21, 2020 6:13 AM

Mar 2014
it's finally baaack! misaka and misaki's meeting under the shade got me worried at the animation, good thing it was only noticeably bad during that scene. im quite worried on how will they achieve their objectives while working solo. they have a common goal but they just can never get along lol. still wondering what's misaki's intention in all of this (?_?)

ps: deeeym misaki's glorious underbewbs, she doesnt wear bra even with that size lol
envy__Mar 21, 2020 6:24 AM
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Mar 21, 2020 6:58 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Shokuhou is not just hot but is also so damn cute. I really loved that scene where she and Misaka are trashtalking to each other.

I haven't read the LN but Shokuhou is now my To aru best girl.
Mar 21, 2020 2:13 PM

May 2015
Finally after almost a month we get new stuff. Quite good episode i must say,
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 21, 2020 3:56 PM
Mar 2015
The cat fight between Shouko and Misaka was funn
Mar 21, 2020 11:40 PM
Nov 2018
You know an anime is good when an episode with nothing but dialogue is 10/10. Love the Misamisa interactions.
Mar 22, 2020 1:17 AM

Mar 2010
Finally, they addressed the stars in Shokuhou eyes XD.
I thought it was artistic depiction or something, turns out everyone can see them xD.

That aside, glad they didn't take this arc too seriously.

Webm for Misaka vs Misaki:
Mar 23, 2020 7:58 PM

Aug 2018
Episode 8

Finally got a time
watchin this ep, savin the best for last!

Mental Out x Railgun

Two best girls together in this episode
thats an easy 5/5 for me!

Overall great ep, they gave us a lot of infos on whats really happening and whos behind on this problem thanks to Shokuhou.Also a lot of screentime givin to her, finally.

Also they fleshed out more of Shokuhou character this ep, well able to saw different side of Shokuhou.I like when she likes to always mock Misaka even in the preview shes mocking her xD

I love it when they are together, they always fight lol thats how uncompatible their personality.

Lastly, great job for J.C Staff its 8 episodes already and the animation is still good.
SOP-IIMar 23, 2020 8:03 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 26, 2020 4:16 AM

Jul 2009
So Shokuhou is not a bad person after all
Mar 26, 2020 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
Bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit.
If I was a Railgun, I'd have her bleeding, or scared.
Anger has to have an outlet. Misaka was seriously pissed. And Mikoto was coy.
Bullshit.
Mar 27, 2020 3:15 AM

Aug 2009
BonkyTrollDoll said:
Bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit.
If I was a Railgun, I'd have her bleeding, or scared.
Anger has to have an outlet. Misaka was seriously pissed. And Mikoto was coy.
Bullshit.

If you were the Railgun you would die in a few seconds.
Mar 27, 2020 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
so the fighting was cute....hmm
Apr 3, 2020 10:14 AM

Nov 2014
Finally Miskaki had a chance to shine! She is one of my favourite characters, shame her role in Index is what it is...
Apr 4, 2020 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
Haha Misaki nearly dying from exhaustion of trying to catch up when Misaka went ahead with a jog was hilarious... and then they exchange low shots and even end up breaking the 4th wall lol
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 14, 2020 2:35 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, Mikoto vs Shokuhou "fight" was really hilarious. Looks like she used questionable methods to keep Shirai, Saten and Uiharu safe.

It looks like there will be epic battles in the following episodes.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 21, 2020 2:55 AM

Dec 2013
It's good to be able to watch another episode of this show.

Looks like Mikoto and Shokuho are officially teaming up. Shokuho definitely has some trust issues tho...

Shokuho falling behind towards the end was hilarious and someone finally points out her sparkly eyes!
Jun 18, 2020 10:42 PM

Jul 2008
Not a bad episode at all, but after so much mystery and action it was kind of a weird change of pace to suddenly have an episode full of exposition. The misunderstanding regarding Misaki was also solved so easily.
Aug 6, 2020 8:43 AM

Jun 2017
The Misaka and Shokuho combo is pretty entertaining. Shokuho blushing at not being able to keep up with Misaka was pretty cute too. One of those "out of character" kinds of cute.
Alpha-MethylAug 6, 2020 8:48 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

95 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 29, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.