Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Fumetsu no Anata e' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2020

New
Jan 8, 2020 6:55 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A television anime adaptation of Yoshitoki Ooima's Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity) manga was announced by Kodansha on Thursday. The anime series will premiere on the NHK-E station in October 2020. A teaser visual was also revealed (pictured).

Synopsis
It, a mysterious immortal being, is sent to the Earth with no emotions nor identity. However, It is able to take the shape of those around that have a strong impetus.

At first, It is a sphere. Then, It imitates the form of a rock. As the temperature drops and snow falls atop the moss, It inherits the moss. When an injured, lone wolf comes limping by and lays down to die, It takes on the form of the animal. Finally, It gains consciousness and begins to traverse the empty tundra until It meets a boy.

The boy lives alone in a ghost town, which the adults abandoned long ago in search of paradise said to exist far beyond the endless sea of white tundra. However, their efforts were for naught, and now the boy is in a critical state.

Acquiring the form of the boy, It sets off on a never-ending journey, in search of new experiences, places, and people. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Ooima began serializing the supernatural fantasy manga in Weekly Shounen Magazine in November 2016, two years after ending her Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) manga. Kodansha will publish the 12th compiled volume on January 17.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English in 2017 and simulpublishes new chapters with the Japanese release. The 11th volume went on sale on December 17.

Fumetsu no Anata e won the 43rd Kodansha Manga Awards in the Shounen division along with 5-toubun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets). The manga was also nominated for the 11th Manga Taisho Awards last March.

Official manga page: http://www.shonenmagazine.com/smaga/fumetsunoanata/
Official manga Twitter: @fumetsunoanatae

Source: Comic Natalie

Fumetsu no Anata e on MAL
VindstotJan 8, 2020 9:29 PM

Jan 8, 2020 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
It's happening! It's happening!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 8, 2020 7:28 PM

Feb 2013
Not as great as her first manga (koe no katachi) but still a great manga. Nice that after 4 years it got an adaptation, and I hope the anime delivers like koe no katachi did.
Jan 8, 2020 7:49 PM

Apr 2018
Bruh I am so hyped for this
Jan 8, 2020 7:53 PM
Jul 2017
Finally. The hype is real.
Jan 8, 2020 7:53 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Omg it's finally actually happening. I'm calling AOTS if not AOTY. Get ready y'all.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 8, 2020 8:05 PM

Mar 2017
I've heard of the manga, but never read it. The key visual and description seem interesting though and it looks like something I'd enjoy~

'nom'
Jan 8, 2020 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
Naruleach said:
Omg it's finally actually happening. I'm calling AOTS if not AOTY. Get ready y'all.

It's gonna be between Chihayafuru S3 (ongoing), Kaguya-sama S2 (Spring 2020), the unscheduled Furuba S2 (Summer 2020?) and this (for me)! But as a non-sequel, I cannot see any other one unless an adaptation of Spy X Family somehow manages to squeeze in before the end of the year! :)

But it might come down to staff, studio and cast.
Coronavirus.
Jan 8, 2020 8:47 PM
May 2017
This seems amazing! And it's by the mangaka of Koe no Katachi!
Jan 8, 2020 9:01 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What a timing! I was going to be buy the first volume this very summer (creds to Kodansha USA btw) but then the anime industry comes on its merry way, sasuga! Going to go in anime-only and then read the manga, like I did for Koe no Katachi.

Honestly, I’m so ecstatic for this! It’ll be my first piece of work from Ooima-sensei after Koe no Katachi so naturally I can’t help but have high hopes for this too.

Synopsis gives off a really nice adventure, slow-burn and character progression focused vibe and I’m a big fan of those so there’s nothing to bite on at the moment.

Truly, the best thing one can come across very first thing (just a figure of speech lol) in the morning.

I’m sorry Yakusoku no Neverland fans but this right here is battling for the top contender of most hyped Fall 2020 show along with Shingeki no Kyojin: the Final Season (Part 1).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 8, 2020 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
So Anime saved yet again come October? Damn its going to be hard surviving the death of anime the first 9 months of this year.
Jan 8, 2020 9:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
If it can get at least 3-cours, it can cover up to where the manga is right now. But even if its 1 or 2 cour, it can still end off at a good point.

Hopefully a reliable studio's working on this one.
Jan 8, 2020 9:24 PM
Nov 2013
Guys I was literally crying tears of joy! You don't know how long I have been waiting for this to be an anime adaption! This is literally one of my favorite series and I hope more people will read this beautiful and unique story after watching the anime or hearing about this! Can't wait to see who they'll cast I've been trying to picture who would be a perfect voice since I've read the series haha.
Jan 8, 2020 9:32 PM

Jun 2014
Finally, I was wondering if they were skipping an adaptation for it. Hopefully the anime can convey the greatness of the manga.
:3
Jan 8, 2020 10:32 PM

Oct 2018
is this really good? i read only till chapter 5, but the art and that kind of story seem suspicious to me due to my weird preference and experience. so will this contain rape or any disturbing scene? like berserk or vinland saga?
Jan 9, 2020 12:09 AM

Nov 2019
Stoorainclaire said:
is this really good? i read only till chapter 5, but the art and that kind of story seem suspicious to me due to my weird preference and experience. so will this contain rape or any disturbing scene? like berserk or vinland saga?

Did you even read the chapters? How the heck to you come to the conclusion that it will contain rape and disturbing scenes?
Jan 9, 2020 12:14 AM

Jul 2015
finally some good news
looking forward to it
Jan 9, 2020 12:48 AM

Jun 2014
I was holding back in the slightest of hope that this might get an anime someday. And here it's finally happening. Let's see what the writer of koe no katachi has come up with this time.
Jan 9, 2020 2:06 AM
Jan 2009
PiedPiper_ said:
I was holding back in the slightest of hope that this might get an anime someday. And here it's finally happening. Let's see what the writer of koe no katachi has come up with this time.

The manga's art is excellent and I honestly doubt an anime will look better tbh

But yeah this is amazing news. TYE is my current favorite manga by far and I think its spicy first couple chapters and overall premise are going to stand out and attract a lot of people. Here's hoping it's successful enough to cover the whole story - it's quite long atm with like 12 volumes and a couple hundred years of developments.
Jan 9, 2020 2:15 AM

Mar 2016
I knew this was about to happen. I was just waiting for the news. Now, we just need to wait for an 'Ao no Flag' anime announcement.

I wonder which studio would be making this. I hope it's a good one, like Madhouse or Production-IG or ufotable.
Jan 9, 2020 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
Holy shit it's happening, I hope the studio doing this doesn't fuck it up, it can be AOTS
Jan 9, 2020 3:31 AM

Jan 2015
OH MY GOD

I’M FUCKING HYPED FOR THE FIRST THREE ARCS, THOSE ONES WERE SO GOOD
Jan 9, 2020 3:32 AM

Feb 2017
I've been hearing lots of good things about this manga and I have been meaning to read it for a long time. Glad it's getting an anime. Hopefully it falls into hands of good studio and staff.

Looking forward to it.
Jan 9, 2020 3:43 AM

May 2015
i know people say this every year, but 2020 really does look like a absolutely insane year for anime.

Jan 9, 2020 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
Great news, hopefully it gets a solid adaptation.
Jan 9, 2020 6:56 AM

Feb 2011
VyseLegendaire said:
So Anime saved yet again come October? Damn its going to be hard surviving the death of anime the first 9 months of this year.

We've got Haikyuu coming back. We're fine.
Jan 9, 2020 1:14 PM

Sep 2017
I was just thinking to marathon the crap out of the manga... still going to do it, but this is nice news.

Jan 9, 2020 1:53 PM

Sep 2011
Never heard of this before, but it sounds very interesting.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jan 9, 2020 2:14 PM
Jan 2017
I'm so happy and scared. I hope the anime would be able to capture the story and experience like the manga. I'm not expecting them to do a fantastic job but I just want them to make us cry like how we cried in he first few chapters. Let them capture what made ppl read the manga for long and also let anime watchers connect with the story. Anyway, let's wait and see. I'm so excited anyway 🤗
Jan 9, 2020 8:23 PM

Feb 2018
While I do think the last couple of arcs have been somewhat weak (at least compared to the beginning), I do think that this series is a strong contender for being one of the better ones coming out that season. Hopefully it'll have a good studio to back it up.
Jan 9, 2020 10:25 PM
Jan 10, 2020 1:57 PM

Feb 2014
oh hey what Koe no Katachi should've gotten

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jan 10, 2020 3:14 PM

Apr 2017
i've seen this manga around and i've been meaning to read it, but if it's getting an anime i'll just wait until it comes out :)
Jan 10, 2020 3:39 PM

May 2011
I remember reading few chapters a long time ago, but stopped for some unknown reason ... might give the anime a chance
Jan 12, 2020 3:53 AM

Oct 2018
Looks like a good story i'm looking forward to to this one.
Jan 12, 2020 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
I think Fushi will be voiced by Hayami Saori just like she voiced Nishimiya Shouko. My wish would have been either Ghibli or KyoAni animating this. I don't think others studios would be able to handle it well. But I know it's just wishful thinking at this point. Particularly because of what happened to KyoAni last year. :(
Coronavirus.
Jan 19, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2009
NanbaJeanOtus said:
New Golden Kamuy? I hope so.

Don't get wrong expectation. It's not historical action show with realistic story, but tale of immortal entity in ancient times, that can take form of dead beings.
Jan 20, 2020 11:35 AM
Apr 2019
Seems interesting i'm gonna give this a go.
Mar 4, 2020 1:44 AM

Apr 2019
I really like this manga and I think that an adaptation could be fantastic. However, the studio needs to be just right for this one. Fingers crossed it turns out great!
huh
Dec 3, 2020 6:22 PM

Apr 2016
OH NO IMMA HAVE TO CRY AGAIN

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
30 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
40 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.