Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another round between the rebels and Elite 10.

The usual foodgasm aside, Terunori Kuga is getting more attention for his skills. Not bad. Idk how to feel about Momo though. It's hard to take her seriously despite her position in the Elite 10. Very cute character though lol, especially with all these nicknames she's giving out.
Oct 25, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Well it was expected Kuga was gonna lose in a landslide

Interesting bouts for the next round, finally get to see loli neko in action
Oct 25, 2019 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
Momo is cute but she can scary at times.

It's finally Megumi's turn to shine.

Oct 25, 2019 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
The result of Kuga vs. Tsukasa went as expected. Well even though the Rebels got swept this round, they managed to tire out the 2 strongest members of the Elite 10. Now it's time for the trio of first years to shine.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2019 11:03 AM

Nov 2016
Momo was truly the best thing about this episode~nyan.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2019 11:04 AM

Apr 2018
Best episode so far tbh
Oct 25, 2019 11:17 AM

Jul 2013
It was obvious Kuga was going to lose, but at least he exhausted Tsukasa enough to make him unable to participate in the next round, so it was fine.
Really want to see what Akanegakubo is able to do. Eizan looks older the more episodes passes. I think all the rebels will win this round after the full defeat of the second one.

Urara's (the host girl) descent into insanity and blind fanatism for Central is probably one of the most entertaining things of this arc.
Oct 25, 2019 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm the next shougeki will be interesting
Oct 25, 2019 12:37 PM
Mar 2017
Well, I think it was a bit obvious that Kuga had no chance to beat Tsukasa, but I must admit that the beginning of the episode was hilarious with the "interview" to Kuga and know where the resentment he feels towards Tsukasa originates.

On the other hand the foodgasm of the dish that Tsukasa prepared was very funny, Anne almost fainted from so much culinary stimulation, I love Anne's foodgasm.

And finally the episode begins the third assault where Souma, Takumi and the adorable Megumi will face Saitou, Eizan and Momo, personally the battle I most look forward to is that of Megumi against Momo, I know that Megumi will come out with some surprise, As for Souma it is clear that he has a slight advantage against Saitou who is already "exhausted" and if we talk about Takumi, I think he could surprise Eizan who is blinded by the wrath.

Today we saw a side that I did not know about Momo, she seemed very adorable (as she always has been) with the nicknames she gave to the rebels and her teammates, but Isshiki mentions that she gives nicknames to people who are inferior to her and then we see how she gives off an intimidating aura, like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The post-credit scene left me more eager to see this third round, chef Shinomiya is going to see this round. and the image of the next episode made me laugh, Megumi and chef Shinomiya with those eyes made me laugh for a long time.
salbery755Oct 25, 2019 12:43 PM
Oct 25, 2019 12:59 PM

Sep 2018
It's really hard to believe that Tsukasa forgot about Kuga, he remembers Aizen, who has lower rank, then this chinese moron. I understend that he's supposed to be "the most arrogant human that ever lived", but this doesn't make sense.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 25, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
It was an ok episode, fortunately the pace was good this time. It’s sad to see Kuga lose like that but it was predictable.
Oct 25, 2019 1:57 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite their vaunted status within the school it's nice to see them act like normal students for a change. Still being seen as nothing more than a nobody sure did well in creating a potent fire within Kuga. Too bad that the rebels lost this match though the struggle it seems also caused some element of fatigue for the e10 as well. An element that Erina skilfully managed to factor in as well. The card game though sure was fun. Learning to relax and calm your nerves before important events really is a vital skill. Momo's ability to create nicknames really is something. The upcoming match sure looks to be an interesting one with Yukihira, Takumi and Megumi facing up some tough foes along with some interesting themes. Momo's display of her determination was pretty chilling. Can't wait to see how this match fares next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2019 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
Kuga losing was sadly a given, Tsukasa is just that good. It's actually too funny that someone can be that worn out from a cooking match.

Next week it's Megumi's time to give her all. She has a really tough opponent facing her though, Momo sure looks cute but damn she's gonna be hard to beat I reckon.

But that little post credit scene... Kojirou "The Légumes Magician" Shinomiya himself is gonna show up. That better give Megumi that little bit extra to win. I can't wait to see what will happen.
Oct 25, 2019 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
What kind of strategy is that when its an elimination? Its not like they are cooking non stop and have no breaks.
Oct 25, 2019 4:00 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The loss was expected I guess but I was hoping Kuga would at least win 2-1 by getting at least one judge to vote for him but I guess not. :(

Looks like the rebel plan is to just wear out the opposition.

Momo's explanation for her nicknames were top tier. xD
Looking forward to more Shokugeki action next week.
Oct 25, 2019 4:09 PM

Feb 2014
Kuga gave it his all, but it was obvious that Tsukasa was still going to win, but at least he did acknowledged Kuga's efforts this time around.

Despite the rebel's defeat in this second bout, they did push Tsukasa and Rindou hard, so those two won't be taking part in the next round due to exhaustion. It sounds like an excuse, but at the same time, it doesn't. It might be down to mental exhaustion more than anything else.

Momo's love for cute things is sweet, as is the way she goes all chibi when she gave everyone from the rebel alliance nicknames. However, she gives nicknames to those she deems as inferior to her. Not just that, but the way she throw her bear in the air, while containing all of the student I.D's of those in the rebels who have have defeated so far was a disrespectful move.

All the more reason for her to get knocked off her perch. It's up to Megumi to do that. Much to his dismay, Eizan will have to go up against Takumi and Soma faces off against Saito. With a little post-credits cameo of Shinomiya returning, the next episode should be really good. =D
Oct 25, 2019 6:05 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Kuga was never going to win. At least he won't be forgotten so easily this time.

Time for the three first years to shine!

A lot of Momo stuff. I didn't realise she was so arrogant before this episode.
Oct 25, 2019 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
It was more than expected that he would lose, but all our hope lies in the next round!

The sweets girl is a little b** xD Hope Megumi will teach her a lesson haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 25, 2019 6:26 PM
Jan 2016
Another awesome episode!

As expected Kuga lost against Tsukasa, but he managed to make Tsukasa remember his name!

Was really awesome how relaxed they are, playing cards before that important shokugeki, i found Alice amusing at playing cards, is so like Alice, and also Erina coatching Alice!

Erina is realy suited to be a leader!

I am so hyped for next episode, can't wait! xD
Oct 25, 2019 7:27 PM
Jun 2017
Tsukasa just showed why being the #1 in central is so hard to beat...

And that next episode, im so excited about it as its the 1st years who are going to do the work this time- Aldini, Soma and Megumi. Yeah...

Go team rebels and 1st years
Oct 25, 2019 8:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A predictable outcome, but I never thought about the chefs being exhausted. I found that really intriguing, and I'm interested on how important that could be in future matches.

I'm pulling for Takumi so hard. This is his chance to prove himself, so I really hope he pulls out a victory. He deserves it.

Awwww shit, Chef Shinomiya is back and it looks like he may give Megumi some encouragement next week. That's going to be great.
Oct 25, 2019 10:21 PM

Oct 2017
Yep Tsukasa beat Kuga after all but it looks like both Rindou senpai and Tsukasa are exhausted. Anyway I'm really looking forward to Soma and Takumi's battle, hope they show us some great dishes. Also that last scene, Chef Shinomiya is here.
Oct 25, 2019 11:22 PM

Mar 2018
As always the one that presents their dish first loses. Was still kinda satisfying to see these dishes

I really wonder if they can actually neat Tsukasa.. And who actually is better than Tsukasa. The whole "power" difference is kinda weirs in shokugeki no souma imo, maybe because they all stand at the top to begin with

I'm guessing it's gonna be 2:1 for the rebels

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 26, 2019 12:19 AM

Feb 2016
It was obvious that Kuga would lose but well he left Tsukasa exhausted for the battle.

The bout between Megumi and Momo is going to be an interesting one. Momo is underestimating everyone so I wonder what would happen if she loses the match
Oct 26, 2019 1:07 AM

Jul 2019
The pacing is much better this time around. I actually enjoyed this episode quite a lot. Eishi's dish looked amazing and I would love to eat sth. similar some day. Another great moment was the 3rd years respecting the rebels. I mean even Eizan came around!

Only odd moment was when they got hyped because Kuga applied a French recipe. They established earlier that French cuisine was elemntal and learnt by every Totsuki student.
Oct 26, 2019 2:52 AM

Feb 2019
Kuga lost as expected but he got tsukasa to respect him. Momonyan is cute.
Oct 26, 2019 5:03 AM

Feb 2018
Good bye Kuga, Can`t wait soma turn xD.
Oct 26, 2019 5:57 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
The sole enjoyable aspect of the show.
Oct 26, 2019 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
I love how educational this show really is. As crazy it might sound I would love to try Cappuccino sauce someday.
Oct 26, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Oh, so Kuga is getting his dish sampled first? Well, nice try Kuga.
Oct 26, 2019 4:54 PM

Oct 2017
So the mostly interesting thing it seems the end when appears the coach with that serious atmosphere.
Hope they win at next.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Oct 26, 2019 6:52 PM
Mar 2015
Like the rebels strategy of wearing down the Elite 10 Need more cooking and less stripping
Oct 27, 2019 12:27 AM
May 2019
I think although Kuga truly intended to defeat Tsukasa with all his might, he and everyone else in the rebels team knew he had no chance. That's why the came up with the plan to simply exhaust Tsukasa and Rindo to give the rebels a better chance at winning. That's why Kuga was only mildly upset at having lost. His chair massage was much more appealing than wallowing in self-pity lol

I predict that although Tsukasa and Rindo are exhausted during this 3rd bout, they'll be entirely rested and reared to go for the 4th bout. That's a battle I'm looking forward to.

Anyway, go Souma! I think Souma will win (I'll be pissed if he doesn't. It'd be awkward if the sushi master won two bouts in a row), Megumi will probably come so close it's almost a tie or she'll actually defeat Momo, and our blond Aldini will lose, sadly. Just to make things more dramatic for the 4th bout.
Oct 27, 2019 12:29 AM
May 2019
landofthekwt said:
Like the rebels strategy of wearing down the Elite 10 Need more cooking and less stripping

I agree! I think there might actually be more foodgasms this season so far than in the prior seasons.
Oct 27, 2019 3:43 AM

Oct 2008
we all know that it's gonna be three straight losses to the team of Kuga against top 1 & 2.
but the entrance Souma and when he said never underestimate first years was so cool!
5/5.

Oct 27, 2019 4:37 AM

Oct 2018
Damnit Tsukasa forgetting our Chinese Boi.

Weakening the enemy side, nice tactic Erina, finally Next episode's tri-match will be interesting, also the flashback will surely be hilarious.
Oct 27, 2019 5:22 AM
Mar 2017
i dont wanna be flamed but does anyone think that this is going really fast like really fast paced. everything is going faster than season 1 and 2
Oct 27, 2019 6:53 AM

May 2018
Too bad it was a one sided battle, but there are still chances for the rebel to win over central.

Oct 27, 2019 6:34 PM
Sep 2019
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I'm interested to see the connection between Megumi and Shinomiya
Oct 29, 2019 4:39 PM

Apr 2007
Oh boy here comes Shinomiya! I thought he'd appear before the match, but I guess he decided to be fashionably late instead :v Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Oct 30, 2019 2:52 AM
Dec 2017
Raizel said:
FMmatron said:
The sole enjoyable aspect of the show.

Not really .
This is one of the few anime where i like all the characters . And that's the reason i'm still watching an anime about boring things like food .
Oct 30, 2019 6:35 AM

Oct 2018
this is going to fast.............
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 30, 2019 6:39 AM

Oct 2018
I really wanted to watch yukihira vs tsukasa ...... :(

Oct 30, 2019 9:10 AM
Oct 2019
emraanash said:

The pace was better this week tbh. Let's see what happens the next epi
Oct 30, 2019 10:07 AM

Oct 2018
hikkiGOAT said:
emraanash said:

Ik. even though they are going so fast it doesn't seem like they are bouncing off, really enjoying..........

Oct 30, 2019 10:16 AM
Oct 2019
emraanash said:
hikkiGOAT said:

Ik. even though they are going so fast it doesn't seem like they are bouncing off, really enjoying..........

exactly. It's one of the very few anime that hardly gets affected by animation quality, rushing, etc., and most important of all, i.e, you will enjoy every bit of it.
Oct 30, 2019 10:20 AM

Oct 2018
hikkiGOAT said:
emraanash said:

exactly. It's one of the very few anime that hardly gets affected by animation quality, rushing, etc., and most important of all, i.e, you will enjoy every bit of it.

every character of this show is very interesting, no one will get bored....

sad part is this season could be the finale....... :(

Oct 30, 2019 10:28 AM
Oct 2019
emraanash said:
hikkiGOAT said:

yup. that sucks :(
Oct 30, 2019 10:30 AM

Oct 2018
hikkiGOAT said:
emraanash said:

yup. that sucks :(

I am gonna miss YUKIHIRA SOUMA <3 :(

Nov 1, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 2012
Better than previous episode.. actually this is the Souma I like.

All in all, in the upcoming fight, I'll cheer for Megumi. She is the underdog of the fight and it would be so great if she managed to win a battle, at least once. Takumi will probably lose if I have to guess. And Souma, well, he usually wins by default so...

Anyway, the next episode better be good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

169 by MITO134 »»
Apr 25, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.