Forum Settings
Forums

What are the characteristics or traits of internet people that you dislike?

New
Jul 9, 2019 2:04 AM

Dec 2013
There are user who, for instance:
1. reply message with short message such as: "Lol", "LMFAO" etc
2. ignore your message
3. seeks too much attention, narcissistic
4. acting too cute with too much use in emoticons
5. acting too harsh with straight words that offend you in any ways

and so on....

What are the characteristics or traits of internet people that you dislike?

Jul 9, 2019 2:20 AM

Jul 2016
When they don't immediately use things that I give them.
Jul 9, 2019 2:34 AM

Feb 2016
People that ignore me, but I do it to people all the time so I can't be too mad about it
I'm also someone who gets everyone's viewpoint and I'll listen to everything you have to say even if I don't agree
I dislike those who hate on others for having a different opinion
I'm jealous of anyone with a join date before me and higher post count
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 9, 2019 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
It is not really different with people in real life.. What I hate most when people wrote long things without substances in it ...
Quoting from Richard Feynman : "“– and pompous fools drive me up the wall. Ordinary fools are alright; you can talk to them and try to help them out. But pompous fools – guys who are fools and covering it all over and impressing people as to how wonderful they are with all this hocus pocus – THAT, I CANNOT STAND! An ordinary fool isn’t a faker; an honest fool is all right. But a dishonest fool is terrible!”
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 9, 2019 8:56 AM

Nov 2017
It's virtually the same online and offline:

Intolerance - Those who are hypercritical and judgmental of others' lifestyles and people different from them. Live and let live, and worry about yourself. I can't jibe with racists, homophobes/transphobes, sexists and other trash for obvious reasons.

Bloviating - A pet peeve of mine is when people talk about something they know little to nothing about, but act like they have PhDs on the matter. Mayne, know-it-alls are boring! It's okay to say "I don't know" y'know. Can't speak for others, but at least I won't think any less of you for saying it. It's worse on the internet 'cause you can fact check to see if what you're saying stands on solid ground. These kind also tend to have a hard time admitting when they're wrong.

Insecure - Those who lash out and project. I'm not your verbal doormat. Actually, no one is. If you think you suck there are more productive ways to make yourself suck less. Making others feel the same way you do is not the way though.

Stalking - This actually happened to me on the internet twice! If I told you either through my words or actions that I want nothing to do with you, you respect my decision and move on with your life. You do not try to message me or visit my blog and/or profiles every day! That's nuts!
Jul 9, 2019 9:13 AM

Aug 2012
The ones that don't have capital letters in their usernames. They are the scum of the Earth.
Jul 9, 2019 9:19 AM

Nov 2016
people who join communities created for a specific interest/set of interests and have no intention of participating in its main function.

friend collectors.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Jul 9, 2019 9:48 AM

Jul 2016
People who think they're qualified to talk about complicated issues but can't even be bothered to do five minutes of research. It happens in real life (I've literally met people like this) but it happens a lot more on the internet. I hate having to do other people's googling for them.
Jul 9, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
Self-righteous assholes. Pseudo intellectuals. And those that take on the "otaku" and "weeaboo" personas a little too seriously, because "Anime is trash and so am I" is not meant to be taken literally.

Jul 9, 2019 1:09 PM

Jan 2018
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
People that ignore me, but I do it to people all the time so I can't be too mad about it
I'm also someone who gets everyone's viewpoint and I'll listen to everything you have to say even if I don't agree

Laughing my ass off. This is actually on point with what I generally aim to do around here. Hmm I guess someone who makes a thread with a video as the discussion or troll post. As for internet in general, grammatical error especially if their first language is english (your / you're). (except for capital letters cause I do it too)

Basically nitpicking to post this. :) I often see people start argument with a straight up offensive call out because the poster is also straight up mocking something down with insults, talk about being passionate in a wrong way.
Jul 9, 2019 1:34 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Basically the creeps. I don't need your sexual comments towards me, kthxbai
Also people who refuse to see another point of view.

I can get along with most other people.

Jul 9, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
Basically standards of what I dislike in real people other then that as for internet types then

The keyboard warrior that acts like a tough guy and deletes pasts post when previous statments they made harm there current agenda.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 9, 2019 2:41 PM
May 2019
Internet people who I dislike well there are couple of types:
- Trolls
- Passive Aggressive Aholes
- Haters - They just disagree with whatever you have to say regardless of the reason or logic and their opinion is always right.
Jul 9, 2019 2:45 PM

Mar 2019
i.t.t.: super vague descriptions that will be interpreted differently by whosoever come across it.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 9, 2019 3:57 PM

Feb 2018
immature people who don't even realise they're problematic, and that makes them x10 more annoying

Jul 9, 2019 4:03 PM

Jun 2015
the polymath folks who beg lue for an unbanning

Jul 9, 2019 4:28 PM

Jan 2009
I find the following traits more sad than annoying:

- immature behavior

- not being able to communicate and to provide regular feedback right away if there are issues with me

- hiding things from me and/or not telling me about it if there is something that makes someone suddenly become much less responsive

I don't care at all if someone just doesn't reply to a forum thread or a particular conversation or if people with whom I haven't written for long eventually get tired of talking to me, since I'm used to having my conversations at one point or other stalled (mostly by the other side). However, it's down-heartening when people I thought of as being closer to and/or who I know for a bit longer, eventually end up in a state where I cannot reach them any longer, not even for simple inquiries.
Jul 9, 2019 4:41 PM

Oct 2015
Here are some that come to mind:

Those that don't/can't go beyond one liners when expressing their dislike for a show/genre but nevertheless feel the need to shoehorn it into every discussion.

Those that get defensive or worked up over the most trivial things and lash out on you fiercely.

Those that can't think outside left-right politics.

And lastly those who say "Bruh it's all subjective tho." whenever you don't add I think or In my opinion at the end of each of your fucking sentence. Yes obviously it is my opinion, because it's such a no-brainer that it's omitted. It's akin to someone saying "That was a damn good movie!". It is assumed that everyone knows about the subjectivity.
Jul 9, 2019 4:45 PM

Apr 2011
Overly elitist people, i.e. the type of person I used to be.
Jul 9, 2019 5:52 PM

Feb 2016
hazecloud said:
PantsuSenseiUwU said:

Laughing my ass off. This is actually on point with what I generally aim to do around here. Hmm I guess someone who makes a thread with a video as the discussion or troll post. As for internet in general, grammatical error especially if their first language is english (your / you're). (except for capital letters cause I do it too)

Basically nitpicking to post this. :) I often see people start argument with a straight up offensive call out because the poster is also straight up mocking something down with insults, talk about being passionate in a wrong way.
Someone just tried being and SJW in my topic and I blasted this guy
dunno if you can truly shit post a shitposter
I told him he can shitpost anytime though cause his favorites were sick
but he had nothing to say afterwards
If I make a topic, it's generally me trying to have genuine conversation
It's when I'm coming into your topic you should be worried

@noboru it's the worst feeling when you write a novel but people don't want to read it lol
I only know how to write novels or shoot a quick text
I almost always say more than needs to be said (saying this sentence and explaining it could have been omitted)
but I get it, I skip out on loads of big texts
humans are funny aren't they?
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 9, 2019 6:08 PM

Feb 2017
people who are the "um actually" type and have to be right about everything. buncha dorks.
Jul 9, 2019 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
vidoxi said:
people who are the "um actually" type and have to be right about everything. buncha dorks.

um actually studies have shown disliking these people puts you at a 97.44% chance of being the actual dork please check your facts before you make those statements
Jul 9, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2014
philtecturophy said:
4. acting too cute with too much use in emoticons
It's even worse when they're adults and doing this shit. It's so cringe-worthy.

I think the worst for me is people who think they're superior because they have a fake "tough" facade. Like who are people trying to impress this is a fucking anime site.
Jul 10, 2019 3:28 AM

Jan 2009
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
it's the worst feeling when you write a novel but people don't want to read it lol
Do you refer to writing longer postings or to writing a longer, fictional text? Also, do you differentiate between not getting any attention in general and getting attention from people, but not getting attention from the people you feel close to and/or wish to be closer?

Because to me it depends first on how important I see the text that I write and second, how important I see the target audience. If I write a completely irrelevant posting or story, then I don't mind even if someone I feel close to and wish to be closer doesn't read it. Same as when I do have a posting or a story that is important to me, but not the people, whom I would want to read it.
Jul 10, 2019 4:46 AM

Nov 2011
The people that reply with >insert text.

Jul 10, 2019 6:42 AM

Oct 2010
> sjw's
> forced positivity and people that try to remain happy or be friends with everyone cause it's fake as shit and it's disrespectful (which is the opposite of the effect they want)
> buttlicks females in public to get on their good side (full of people like that on MAL)
> someone that judges MY entire personality out of a single post or chunk of text that they saw (i can judge others tho cus most tend to be just a copy paste npc characters for some reason)

and lastly

> cOpy paste npc characters
i feel like 90% of the people are the same person just copied and pasted all over the place and it's an npc, it talks the same way, it answers the same way, it thinks the same way

especially now that i'm leading a social discord and i'm doing almost daily recruitment for months and i got to see (thousands) of people , the most generic thing on reddit is
"Hello im a 2X female and i love horror movies" like holy shit , i swear every 3rd female in existence is like this

lots of music -
Jul 10, 2019 11:01 AM

Feb 2016
Noboru said:
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
it's the worst feeling when you write a novel but people don't want to read it lol
Do you refer to writing longer postings or to writing a longer, fictional text? Also, do you differentiate between not getting any attention in general and getting attention from people, but not getting attention from the people you feel close to and/or wish to be closer?

Because to me it depends first on how important I see the text that I write and second, how important I see the target audience. If I write a completely irrelevant posting or story, then I don't mind even if someone I feel close to and wish to be closer doesn't read it. Same as when I do have a posting or a story that is important to me, but not the people, whom I would want to read it.
Generally I don't write fictional text unless it's a shitpost
if you see me posting blocks of texts, I genuinely want to discuss the topic at hand
I Could not care less who read it, I just want some traffic if I spend the time making that post
But I can't be upset because like I've said many times before
I'm known for picking and choosing who I talk to and completely ignoring everyone else
You get what you give right?
If I was on MAL longer I'm sure I'd have people I'd want to look and read at my post
Being fairly new I'm not going to hop on all my new friend's pages and be like hey look at my post LOL cause that's EXTREMELY obnoxious
I don't mind when people do this to me because I know they just want interaction, as do I. I just take different steps in doing so
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 10, 2019 11:14 AM

Jan 2009
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
if you see me posting blocks of texts, I genuinely want to discuss the topic at hand
Ah, okay, then

Nope, this isn't true at all. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any one-sided feelings. Still, the more you give, the more likely someone will eventually reciprocate your feelings in full.
Jul 10, 2019 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
Noboru said:
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
Ah, okay, then

Nope, this isn't true at all. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any one-sided feelings. Still, the more you give, the more likely someone will eventually reciprocate your feelings in full.
Your statement is more true than mine but there's still truth in mine!
That's how I feel with my friends IRL or any relationship I'm in, I'm always putting the most into it
That's how I feel, not actually the case cause my friends care about me just as much
incisorr said:

> cOpy paste npc characters
i feel like 90% of the people are the same person just copied and pasted all over the place and it's an npc, it talks the same way, it answers the same way, it thinks the same way
I liked your whole post a whole lot man, But this was the point you made I really felt
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this and I've just recently joined the forums, little over a month now
I met a friend YESTERDAY and he was asking how to meet new people and make friends on this website and I straight up told him don't be a cookie cutter user on MAL cause I see the same person, different name all the time.
Have a little personality, do something different.
If you want people to talk to you, don't look like every other user on MAL
He's already on the right path though, he has a 4 number ranking system
That's what drew me in to talking with him
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 11, 2019 1:35 AM

Apr 2012
People who pretend I've said things which I haven't said.

After that, fascists, alt-right types etc. Anyone who seriously uses the term 'SJW', for instance.
Jul 11, 2019 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Pixie said:
[list][*]anyone who fits 95% of any starter pack meme... that calls for some serious self evaluation man
[*]people who directly translate the online cringey edgy weeaboo memelord persona irl
[*]people who think actively hating on popular things make them "quirky" and cool
[*]"i'm not like other girls/guys!!1!!"
[*]people who treat depression as an aesthetic
[*]people who think their music taste is superior due to their library of unknown/"underrated"/underground artists (ok ???)
[*]generally just pretentious people with superiority complexes annoy me... shut up !!! but i suppose they annoy almost everyone
[*]excessive and melodramatic people are exhausting too
[*]people who excessively use emoticons like uwu x3 :3 ^u^ >u< >//< ouo owo TnT

+1 pretentiousness and +1 "I'm not like the others!!!1" Gives me flashbacks of cringey teenage phases, when I and a few more from my class / friends were 14. I definitely don't want to read it from adult people lol.
Jul 11, 2019 4:01 AM

May 2013
Honestly anyone who is being part of the problem not the solution. You gotta be part of a harmonious ecosystem.

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 11, 2019 4:04 AM

Jan 2009
Gan_water said:
Honestly anyone who is being part of the problem not the solution. You gotta be part of a harmonious ecosystem.

ye i rather tryhard to co-exist as much as possible even though i got a lot of hate and haters too since as they say the internet is full of hate already
Jul 11, 2019 4:05 AM

May 2013
deg said:
Gan_water said:

ye i rather tryhard to co-exist as much as possible even though i got a lot of hate and haters too since as they say the internet is full of hate already

Yeah ikr and who can say who is right and who is wrong*cough its them whose wrong cough* lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 11, 2019 4:09 AM

Jan 2009
Gan_water said:
deg said:

Yeah ikr and who can say who is right and who is wrong*cough its them whose wrong cough* lol

lol you are wrong and i am right so lets fight but will just try to talk again hopefully peacefully some other time
Jul 11, 2019 4:15 AM

Jun 2011
Confrontational people, pretty much. I've seen so many of them..

Like, you have someone who wrote a wall of text explaining their dislike of a series or whatever, but then you get some asshole who'd look through said person's list and find that the person rated School Days or whatever a 10.. like, dude, focus on the point, don't attack the dude just because he doesn't like your favorite series..

and then, it's usually just a lazy low effort one-liner vs paragraphs of explanation. There's also plenty of people who spam meme like they're real funny when someone post an opinion that is different from the norm, or seen as typically uncool.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 11, 2019 5:04 AM

Feb 2016
@tog25thbaam i like you my guy:D pppp
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 11, 2019 5:53 AM

Feb 2018
Ignorance and stupidity (these are different things)
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Jul 11, 2019 6:03 AM

Sep 2017
People getting triggered by everything and not taking the time to actually think for a proper answer (or just in general people driven by their emotions, whom it's impossible to discuss with)

People lecturing you about your personal tastes and opinions, stating you're obviously wrong and their opinion is better and unquestionable

People complaining about everything or very small, harmless stuff

SWJs

Jul 11, 2019 6:35 AM
Aug 2016
If they are not too annoying, disrespectful and think that they are better than anyone else *superiority complex*, then anything else is ok with me.
Oh, also, if they are homophobe or say that something is trash JUST because THEY don't like it, then it's a no-no. I can't stand those people. Just because they don't like something, it doesn't mean that it's trash.
Jul 11, 2019 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
Friend collectors
People who try to aggro you
People who shit on other's tastes
Air heads
People who take this(and anime) whole site too seriously
Jul 11, 2019 7:47 AM

Jan 2019
People who talk in memes are the most annoying. Using "Like, REEEEEEE!" "BUT MUH ______" etc.

You are arguably a person, try to talk like one and not some memebot.
RinkanReichJul 11, 2019 8:17 AM
Jul 11, 2019 4:50 PM

Mar 2008
People who read what you wrote and not respond back even to say they don't feel like talking at the moment or don't have time to. Imagine how rude you would have to be to do that to someone in person.

Also the indifferent coldness or psychopathic behaviour caused by image board culture has ruined the whole internet.
Jul 11, 2019 5:06 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:
People who read what you wrote and not respond back even to say they don't feel like talking at the moment or don't have time to. Imagine how rude you would have to be to do that to someone in person.

dude lol im sorry i did not reply back since i got nothing more to say
Jul 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Mar 2008
deg said:
traed said:

dude lol im sorry i did not reply back since i got nothing more to say

I mainly meant that for instant messages since on profile comments, PMs (or DMs whatever you want to call it), and forum posts it's a different expectation of time for each.
Jul 14, 2019 2:09 AM

Sep 2015
People who try and force they're own moral compass onto others, people like that in general are annoying.
Jul 14, 2019 6:00 AM

May 2008
Fake people with invented storys..rude ones with anger at the world
Jul 14, 2019 6:03 AM

Mar 2015
Bullies

Also people who put you down just because you like something completely harmless. The anime community is full of people like this. Oh you like SAO? Lmao what a degenerate. Like actually fuck you let people enjoy what they want sdaklhdsaklbhnkfljdsgbb
Jul 15, 2019 7:31 PM

Mar 2016
1) Excessive use of xD and x3
2) Condescending attitudes or some kind of blatant sense of superiority
3) Entitlement (like to my company, time, affection, whatever)

"𝚒𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍, 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚜"
- 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚊 𝚜𝚊𝚕𝚞𝚓𝚊

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

68 by -Jahra »»
9 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

31 by cody »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.