Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2019 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, this is what happens when Bocchi gets her own smartphone. She uses it as a device to make friends.

Cute as heck as always. Very charming show altogether.
Jun 21, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2017
I laughed when Bocchi and the rest were hidden xD

Not bad, not bad. Definitely better than I expected. Likeable and lovable characters. My only issue is Kai's unrealistic proposal. 7/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJun 29, 2019 11:32 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 21, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
It finally ends. Hope to see more anime adapted from Katsuwo's works in the future.
Jun 21, 2019 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
This ended quite strong. Loved the ending when Bocchi and all the friends she made had pancakes and Kai seeing Bocchi with them leaving that weird fat angel with her.

So I guess till the end Bocchi and Kako didn't become friends (by label) but technically they already are, Kako's just being tsun about it.

Pretty funny start with the smartphone gags and Bocchi playing around with it.

Overall a very solid show with lovable characters and fun setting with good gags along with a tadbit of drama here and there.

A season 2 seems unlikely from this kinds of show so I guess I'm gonna have to read the manga now.

My first CGDCT anime that entered my top 10 favorite list, never had a show make me go "aaaawwww" so damn much, pretty embarrassing.

Lastly, Bocchi is the most adorable lil pumpkin. nuff said.
Jun 21, 2019 12:46 PM

Apr 2016
Like where was that senpai all this time, i wanna see spin-off with her.
Jun 21, 2019 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
It's over, with no season 2 announcement, that's really disappointing, thanks, my dude.
Jun 21, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 2017
Season 2 now plz ty

Jun 21, 2019 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
Yay, Bocchi finally has a smartphone. The whole smartphone segment was funny.

Overall, a great show. 8/10

Jun 21, 2019 1:14 PM

Jan 2017
Please, can someone tell me that there will be a season 2!!

I don't want it to end ;(

That DeLorean tho!
Jun 21, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2018
Gonna miss this series, best anime of the season hands down :3
Jun 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Aug 2012
I'm gonna miss Bocchi and her cute clumsiness.
Jun 21, 2019 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
It was really fun to accompany Bocchi on her journey to make friends, her clumsiness while trying so rarely failed to amuse. Another series where I honestly hope for a second season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2019 3:01 PM
Jun 2016
This is a very very good anime, with a lot of good life lessons to be learned.

We have Bocchi, a girl who at the start of the series is painfully shy, scared, frightened of everyone, to the point that she finds it difficult to say her name in front of a class of her peers...

At the end of the series...Bocchi is still the painfully shy, scared, frightened girl...who now has a bunch of friends, an apprentice, and an opponent (It makes sense in context)..

So, what does this show teach us?

That most of the time, anxiety comes from worrying too much about our imperfections. You don't have to. First off every other girl in this series...IS NOT PERFECT. Nako has issues with being more sociable, and needs to smile more, Aru needs to stop trying to be superperfect., Sotoka and Ojousa are both lonely girls who hide under a facade, and as for Konari...

Yet, these girls form a friendship clique..and the unifying factor is a shy scared girl by the name of Bochi...

All because Bocchi faced her fears about being imperfect, and decided to make friends anyway...imperfections be dammed...so in the process learning more about life, relating with others, etc...

As the good book says...iron sharpeneth iron...

We should all be like Bocchi.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Jun 21, 2019 3:14 PM

Jun 2016
I'll miss Bocchi, Nako & Aru... :/ I loved this show! <3
Jun 21, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2018
Its starts with Finally,,what do you mean by that anime??? Are my lesbian goddess finally going to kiss some of the lower ranked females? Well they should!! That's about damn time!!!!But no its a fucking phone,,,,Damn you to hell smartphone destroyer of my lesbian fantasies!!!!!!!,,,,,

My adorable precious waifu Sotoka is happily posing for some picture!! At least the stupid thing get used for something good

My waifu and the lesser ranked females are following the rival in a clumsy sneak attempted,,, Get caught ofc,,,, But my beautiful and powerful lesbian warrior princess!! Performs a almighty godly impressive miracle!!! Concealing herself with a camouflage and turns invisible , My princess are the only one that goes unnoticed!!!! Good job Honey you are the perfect ninja!! And the cutest!!

In the whole it was average,,,No male problem to speak about lucky for you!!!,Then a small plus for It have some Yuri!!! But its pretty weak in the whole,,,And the dark traumatic moment with girl crying in fetal position angers me to no fucking end!!!!!!!,,,,, Got some enjoyment from the last episode but for a cute girl show you are not that impressive,,, Mew 5/10 .Next time i want more lesbian surprises with my waifu ,,,,,Better yourself and come back with a second season!!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 22, 2019 12:51 PM
Jun 21, 2019 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
Not bad, not bad. Definitely better than I expected. Likeable and lovable characters. My only issue is Kai's unrealistic proposal. 7/10 for the naime.
u think even she wasn't thinking straight when she said that, she just wanted to push Hitori like 'if you aim for non you can reach the sky philosophy'.
Jun 21, 2019 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
Manga readers, which chapter does the anime end?
Jun 21, 2019 5:48 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Yuri-Crusader said:
for a cute girl show you are not that impressive.

well then... most of ur comment made me go “what?” 😶
but the above statement is just what-What-WHAT?!?! 😳
CGDCT shows are my absolute favorite, and ive seen many-many of them, and Bocchi is without a doubt one of THE Cutest of Cute Girls to ever Do Things, so... yeah 😐

Try taking off ur yuri glasses, and u may enjoy this show more. Cuz, they are like 12 years old, y’know 😑

gappasaurusJun 21, 2019 5:56 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jun 21, 2019 6:09 PM

Mar 2019
Dudi4PoLFr said:

That DeLorean tho!

I noticed that as well xD

Overall was a much better show than I expected it to be :) would be nice if it got a second season.
Jun 21, 2019 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
We haven't had a good CGDCT anime like this since KinMoza and GochiUsa who both have gotten sequels. I have hope.
Jun 21, 2019 6:21 PM

Feb 2019
That was a fun finale! I'm gonna miss this show. Definitely, one of the most enjoyable shows this season for me & this has been one of the Most fun Anti-social shows I've watched in a while mostly as it didn't take itself too seriously.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 21, 2019 6:26 PM

Oct 2015
Six friends out of twenty nine is not a bad feat! She did a great job considering the nature of her personality! Kai is really proud. Kurai was the only challenge and still is. It's also funny how the class didn't change at all, considering it is the second year. Teru is still a wuss.

I loved this series a lot, it had a warm happy atmosphere. All characters were lovable, and I will remember them and miss em'. Bocchi broke out of her shell because of her friends ultimatum, I truly was impressed! Liked every moment of it and a good slice of life. It was better than any series calling itself slice of life this season, truly innocent and great visuals as well. Blergh! Oh man I will miss Bocchi, I love you girl and keep on making friends XD!

8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 21, 2019 6:39 PM
Jan 2019
It's the first anime that I say goodbye to the spring season.
It was not the best I've seen, but it had its emotional and fun moments. The truth is that I was about to leave it in the first episode, but somehow, it ended up winning my love 😅. It was entertaining enough, to give her a 6/10, like the number of friends Bocchi did in the first year. LOL.

Did anyone else think, seeing the cherry blossoms, that they would show us Bocchi and the others in their teenage years?

I'm not asking for it, but I think that in the future we will have a second season of this anime.
Jun 21, 2019 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
It was a very sweet anime, the girls are cute and fun to watch. A second season would be really cool!
Jun 21, 2019 6:52 PM
Jun 2017
love that ending episode... well i will miss this type of series... its a cute and fun to watch with...

Jun 21, 2019 7:19 PM

Feb 2018
Nice way to end the it, Ah man I'm gonna miss this Show. Hope it does well in BD sales and get a S2
Jun 21, 2019 7:42 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I don't want to bid farewell to this cute cast. I'm going to miss them all. :'( Especially Bocchi's cute clumsiness and adorable shocked reactions. <3 Bocchi I'm so proud of you for making 6 friends already! >_< Hopefully you'll befriend more of your classmates in your second year!
Jun 21, 2019 8:43 PM
Mar 2015
It starts with a barf and ends with a barf
Jun 21, 2019 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
Good series with a lot of funny moments. 7/10 anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 21, 2019 9:10 PM

Feb 2014
Anime of the season right here, as far as I'm concerned. The most wholesome anime I've seen since Mitsuboshi Colors. Simple straightforward story with lovable characters that aren't recycled cliches, genuinely funny comedy, none of the tired "subversive" meta commentary that you see in pretty much every anime these days (making it a cliche in and of itself), and next to no fanservice.
8/10. I hope it gets more seasons.
Jun 21, 2019 9:14 PM

May 2019
Loved this anime, will really miss it. need season 2 now
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Jun 21, 2019 9:28 PM

Jul 2017
Unfortunately(Aru), it ends, I will miss this show. Hopefully there will be a season 2, second-year Bocchi and friends will still be cute.
Spoiler for the possible season 2:

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jun 21, 2019 9:31 PM

Jul 2014
Hilarious episode as always, man, I'm going to miss this show so much, I fucking loved it!

Bocchi school of laughs, best girl Nako, Aru Aru Beam, ninja Sotoka, Kurai... Damn it Kurai why are you so tsundere! I mean, I love it, but I would have liked to see Bocchi becoming friends with you. I hope this show gets a second season, I want to see more of the girls and Bocchi making even more friends.

There's only one thing I can say that I didn't like and that was the scene with Kai in the karaoke, I think it was too harsh for how silly the rest of the show was. At least this time Kai did what she should have done the first time :)
SkyLETVJun 21, 2019 11:32 PM
Jun 21, 2019 9:54 PM

Jul 2016
Nice final episode. The first segment with the smartphones was actually pretty funny and the last sequence with them eating pancakes and Kai passing by was as heartwarming as any good conclusion scene could have been.

Overall, it was a good series but nothing really that memorable for me. It had some good and funny moments but unfortunately, it never fully caught my interest like other CGDCT anime did.

5/10 - I wouldn't mind a second season tho. Bocchi's efforts sure deserve it.
Jun 21, 2019 9:57 PM
May 2017
Well, it's been a journey and here is my thought about the show also as a manga reader.
This anime is genuinely the most relatable thing I've ever seen, It's like a cup of coffee for me to start a day, I can just lay back, watch the anime and laughed along with all these awkward relatable moments, the same as reading the manga because yes, I read it before knowing about the anime adaptation, go read the manga if you're still invested in the story and characters of course.

Second is I want to give a praise to C2C for making this anime. You know, they rarely make an anime adaptation, but when they do, they actually give a shit, and it showed in the final product. As a manga reader, Thank You.

Well then, it's only the matter of time untill we hear about the 2nd season for this anime, but it's gonna be a long time, or very unlikely to ever happened. Let's just hope.
Jun 21, 2019 10:13 PM
May 2017
anirudhtsuki said:
Manga readers, which chapter does the anime end?

Around chapter 36 if I remember correctly, but there are a few more content in the previous chapter that didn't make it into the anime.
So it's best for you to read from the start. Don't worry, each chapter only has 8-10 pages, it doesn't waste that much of your times.
Jun 21, 2019 10:30 PM

Oct 2017
Gonna miss this. This was such a cute and funny show. Bocchi and gang was so hilarious . Hope this gets a s2 soon and definitely picking up the manga.
Jun 21, 2019 11:08 PM

Dec 2018
gappasaurus said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
for a cute girl show you are not that impressive.

well then... most of ur comment made me go “what?” 😶
but the above statement is just what-What-WHAT?!?! 😳
CGDCT shows are my absolute favorite, and ive seen many-many of them, and Bocchi is without a doubt one of THE Cutest of Cute Girls to ever Do Things, so... yeah 😐

Try taking off ur yuri glasses, and u may enjoy this show more. Cuz, they are like 12 years old, y’know 😑

What is unclear? For my taste it have to much drama,,,,And i point anime strongly on what memory imprint it have on me ,,And i really hate it when girl is laying in corner and crying,, when she instead can be kissing her friend,,,Isnt kissing happy lesbians more fun then crying destroyed girl? I Think so at least

12 year old have fucking tongues and can kiss never seen Yuri Yuri? ,,,, So they shall use them for my amusement and kiss,,,,All anime girls shall do the same is the law in my universe,,,,Sadly it dont occur often enough for my liking,,,, Thats life i guess,,, And how i view the anime is up to me!!! its non of you business ,,,,I know what i like in my cut girl show this is ok no more ,People have different taste and like different things,,, You should accepted that,,,, And i gave it 5 and told it to come back,, So it did it!! Barely but still and therefor a five is a fair grade,, So no hate to it,, But i think it can improve itself

You are not the only one who have watch a lot of CGDCT shows,, Is it a competition or something???

Why do you even care about how i point my anime?

Yuri-CrusaderJun 22, 2019 3:13 AM
Jun 21, 2019 11:10 PM

Apr 2018
Nakanai is graduating... this is truly the saddest episode...

In all seriousness though, this anime was such a fun ride. Normally CGDCT shows don't really resonate all too much with me but this was such a wholesome and meaningful experience that I just couldn't help but fall in love with it.

Watching this every week always made my day and sometimes just seeing Bocchi make a breakthrough is touching enough to keep me motivated. If there ever is a second season I'll be sure to jump on the train once again. There's still a lot of stuff they could do with this show considering she's only made 6 out of 29 friends.

And as always...
Wa-wa-wa-wa-w-w-w BLEGH

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jun 21, 2019 11:33 PM

Jul 2017
I've had to say goodbye to four really good series this season, and I saved Hitoribocchi for last. It's just a really good and wholesome show that never failed to cheer me up a little bit every week.
Jun 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Jun 2017
You know you've seen the best show of the season when you start thinking of re-watching it just after it's over. Two memorable moments among many: Mieru-chan (Aru's little sister) and the Wahaha song.

Jun 22, 2019 12:06 AM

Jul 2017
So Bocchi upgraded from a flip phone, to a smartphone. Nice. Everyone starts taking videos and photos.

To the thought that Kurai got sick, Bocchi and co. looked after her. Colors reference again.

And then sending the school grads off, plus being second-years soon, and changing classrooms.

The finale: Second-years with Bocchi's re-introduction.
STARTS WITH A BARF, ENDS WITH A BARF. Fantastic.

Great hidden gem series.
KANLen09Jun 22, 2019 12:13 AM
Jun 22, 2019 12:53 AM

Jan 2018
anime ending left and rightttttt noooooooooooooooooo

if ever there's a second season I wanna see more of ojou
Jun 22, 2019 1:07 AM

May 2018
Okay, I'm so sorry for always easily love supporting character but DAMN Nakanai-san is beautiful and also kind-hearted.

Let's back to the mains. So until the end of this anime, Bocchi successfully got 6 new friends + 1 rival (although, huh, sounds like semi-friend). A lot of progress for her, good job. I will miss Bocchi and friends so much ! Especially because next season will be a season without CGDCT :(

Final score: 9/10
Jun 22, 2019 1:56 AM

Nov 2013
Sunao was so adorable when she was blushing,
Great end to a great anime. It was fun.
Jun 22, 2019 2:04 AM

Apr 2018
Welp that's the end. Very heartwarming and cute show but it's average for me
Jun 22, 2019 2:33 AM

Apr 2013
Why the fuck is this the last episode, man?

And how has the introduction of all of these new friends since the beginning not changed the fact that Nako is the resident best girl?

Oh, the Kai-chan shit towards the end just killed the vibe for me. I forget that bitch is a part of the show. Thought she was calling Nako her best friend. Now I'm even more bummed.
SJ7izmJun 22, 2019 3:15 AM
Jun 22, 2019 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
So this show has come to an end.

Rated it 7/10, I should read the manga.
Jun 22, 2019 3:46 AM

Nov 2013

YAY they did it =p (thanks for the picture, now just need to find more with Aru and Sotoka lol)

SJ7izm said:
Thought she was calling Nako her best friend. Now I'm even more bummed.

I know right... i understand them showing Kai since she is a part of the show but i also thought she was talking about Nako ... rip LOL

anyway, this is another one of the animes that i had the most fun watching this season, it was adorable, with multiple cute and fun girls, Aru and Bocchi were my favorites but all 6 were good (and sensei) =D

i'll give it a 8/10 and wait for more... maybe even check the manga

btw at the end, i thought Ojousa was the senpai they met today, i'm so stupid HAHAHAHA
winddevil1Jun 22, 2019 3:51 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 22, 2019 4:16 AM

Dec 2018
winddevil1 said:

YAY they did it =p (thanks for the picture, now just need to find more with Aru and Sotoka lol)

SJ7izm said:
Thought she was calling Nako her best friend. Now I'm even more bummed.

I know right... i understand them showing Kai since she is a part of the show but i also thought she was talking about Nako ... rip LOL

anyway, this is another one of the animes that i had the most fun watching this season, it was adorable, with multiple cute and fun girls, Aru and Bocchi were my favorites but all 6 were good (and sensei) =D

i'll give it a 8/10 and wait for more... maybe even check the manga

btw at the end, i thought Ojousa was the senpai they met today, i'm so stupid HAHAHAHA

Np m8 =) When the anime itself fails to deliverer we at least have nice fan art showing us how awesome it could be ,,,,Hehe man i have search for a Sotoka kissing picture for some time now, cant find one ... This is not it but still kind of cute =P

Yuri-CrusaderJun 22, 2019 5:02 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

104 by Forum »»
Feb 8, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Akirion- - Jun 14, 2019

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

67 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2019

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

75 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.