Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2008
Well damn, they did the whole episode on the Ifrit fight. They are moving even slower than I thought. Are they making a second season?
Nov 12, 2018 1:38 PM

Nov 2016
This was a dope episode for this shows standards.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2018 1:39 PM

Dec 2015
Ok, that was a good episode I'll give it that. But the soundtrack still seems to be holding back. It had some cool elements like dubstep and choral, but the execution still tend to be more to the fantasy/childish side of the show instead giving the viewer a feeling of tension. That's what is missing on this show.
Nov 12, 2018 2:08 PM

Feb 2014
That was a rather excellent battle, I must say. 8-Bit certainly put a lot of care into the whole fight as the animation was slick and superb and the conclusion to the fight was pretty cool.

I must laugh at Rimuru, though, for stupidly forgetting that fire has no effect on him, which even made the Great Sage sigh at his forgetfulness. XD

Still, when Rimuru gets serious, he gets really serious. From absorbing the icicle and making his own variation of it to wipe out two of Ifrit's minions, his skills against Ifrit himself was sublime. At the conclusion, he swallowed up Ifrit, whose having a nice meeting with a certain Veldora Tempest. RIP Ifrit, lol.

I do feel for Shizu, though. We saw more of her past and how she acted when Ifrit fused with her and it was effectively dramatic and powerful. I do hope she's okay after Rimuru beat Ifrit, but I'm sure we'll find that out next week.

Great episode once more! =D
Nov 12, 2018 2:20 PM

Apr 2018
chaosnetwork said:
Best Anime of the season. Who wanna @ me?

I @ you cuz i agree 100%
Nov 12, 2018 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
Wow the things Shizu was forced to do was hard to watch, burning that girl and the fox like creature to nothing was just sad :( caught me by surprise.

The animation in the fights is just amazing, really superb job by 8bit. I really like the soundtrack that played as well.

Ofcourse Rimuru would be OP and just consumes Ifrit. That moment with Ifrit inside Rimuru, where our Tsundere-Dragon Veldora meets Ifrit was nice. Good to see Veldora back!

Poor Shizu though :( I feel sorry for her.
Nov 12, 2018 2:35 PM
Sep 2018
a good episode but I was disappointed by the fight but it was really enjoyable
Nov 12, 2018 2:35 PM
Aug 2018
This episode made me fail no nut november
Nov 12, 2018 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
when you though it was a banal fight with a slime and ended to meet an ultimate boss...
bruh
Nov 12, 2018 2:55 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

I feel bad for Shizu past must have been painful, she was forced to burn her first friend, and that lovely fox!

Was an awesome fight, Rimuru as always impressing me, and other human group is really cool, i am proud of them they helped Rimuru as they could!

Btw, Ellen has to make-up herself before going on an adventure! xD

Interactions between Rimuru and "System" was priceless, Rimuru use Predater and defeated Ifrit, and Ifrit meets Verudora insides Rimuru too! He ssemed surprised!

Poor Shizu, hope she will recover in next episode!
Nov 12, 2018 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
Rimuru: "All according to keikaku*!"

*tl note: keikaku means plan
Nov 12, 2018 3:12 PM
Jan 2017
Next epi will be great, finally I can see human form rimuru
Nov 12, 2018 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
it feels so short, i wanna binge it for 17 hours
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 12, 2018 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
Just wondering.

Does anyone else realize that Shizu and Rimurus human form look weirdly alike?
Nov 12, 2018 3:48 PM

Apr 2009
I thought the Grest Sage was logical and unemotional like a programmed computer A.I. but it seems it has a personality of it's own being exasperated and sighing as a response. Well this could be good thing.

Rimuru said:
Did you just do something to me?
Can't believe this is turning into a bad-ass boast after shrugging an attack! XD

It looks like Veldora's about to have his own fun after being bored for too long.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 12, 2018 3:50 PM
Apr 2017
I rly cant enjoy this Series. The whole Anime especially this Episode is so slow it feels more stretched than the original DBZ lol.
TmbjkNov 12, 2018 3:59 PM
Nov 12, 2018 4:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The way Shizu's fire spirit killed her friend and their pet was tough to watch....I bet she wants to kill her summoner and even then I don't blame her if she does

That final seen with Zeldora was funny and very cool too btw xD Rimuru too OP and I love it
Nov 12, 2018 4:06 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode. Very intense one and the fight in this was really well animated.
Nov 12, 2018 4:23 PM

Aug 2017
Shizu killed the girl and his pet lol.

Why Shizu suddenly turns into Ifrit? The question is, what triggered it? The Slime is too OP.
NurguburuNov 12, 2018 4:34 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 12, 2018 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, really well animated. I'm glad this show is being produced well. :)

Shizu losing control and burning her friend was sad, really felt bad for her. I'm pretty sure she wants to take down her summoner.

The fight against Ifrit was awesome and it was hilarious how Rimuru forgot about his own heat resistance. He was ready to die and then realizes he doesn't even take damage. xD
Is it safe to say that Great Sage is the real best girl of the show? XD

I hope Shizu is okay. :(

Veldora and Ifrit's meeting was epic.
Nov 12, 2018 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
Bit different back story for shizu, and i only read the manga so its kind of new. Somehow i only watch this for fun, end up going into the manga and liking it lol
And veldora laugh, i expected that and it was funny
Nov 12, 2018 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
Aw man, we were so close to it but I guess they'll be doing it next episode.

I somehow forgot Rirumu had basically most elemental resistance he gained when he died as a human.

So happy to not have to see a CGI shit fest battle.
Nov 12, 2018 5:22 PM

Oct 2017
So this chick had a multiple personality disorder, and he just ate the negative personality.
Nov 12, 2018 5:42 PM
Oct 2018
Id rate this show as the second best of fall if the slime didn't talk so much. seriously rimuras pacing is beyond annoying.
Nov 12, 2018 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
Wow! This episode was really good, honestly, i think it was the best.
Hope we will have more episodes like this.
It was a sad episode but it was really good.

I didn't saw Shizue in that last ED scene, so she won't be a part of his group? I hope she will be.

hahaha poor fire demon xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 12, 2018 6:55 PM

Oct 2015
Ifrit was animated well in this episode.

It seems like Rimuru has swallowed Ifrit while saving Shizu at the same time, that was an intense battle. Her comrades were a bit useful though, especially with that icicle shotgun it really came in handy. The meeting of Ifrit with Veldora was chilling and exciting, I really enjoyed that.

Great episode,

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 12, 2018 6:58 PM

May 2018
Ooh, so this week about rimuru vs ifrit. This is one of my favourite, although it just a short battle. Hohoo Rimuru, you forgot about the fireproof skill, and great sage become a little bit mad about it XD

Akko_Kagari said:
I wonder how Veldora and Ifrit are, just existing in Rimuru’s void

Nov 12, 2018 7:14 PM

Nov 2017
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:
Ooh, so this week about rimuru vs ifrit. This is one of my favourite, although it just a short battle. Hohoo Rimuru, you forgot about the fireproof skill, and great sage become a little bit mad about it XD

Akko_Kagari said:
I wonder how Veldora and Ifrit are, just existing in Rimuru’s void

Seriously,does anyone else want a series on what Veldora gets up to in there?
I think it'd be hilarious.

Btw,TsuzukuHunter2nd,nice clip of Mai from Bunny,though the bit where she's dancing in the Bunny suit would have been better IMO,esp the bit where its the headshot of her with the moon behind her.
Nov 12, 2018 7:16 PM
Mar 2017
How sad is Shizu's past, Ifrit is a very dominant spirit.
Shizu loses control of Ifrit, the spirit of fire she possesses, the appearance of Ifrit reveals the true identity of Shizu, who was a legendary hero who had retired. The goblins are evacuated while Rirumu, Ranga and Shizu's companions fight against the wrathful spirit.
Rirumu manages to defeat Ifrit thanks to his resistance to the heat and to Ellen who lets the Slime copy her ice magic, then devours the spirit with his "predatory" ability.
The name of the next episode gives me a bad feeling about Shizu.

Nov 12, 2018 7:25 PM

May 2018
Starhammer said:

Seriously,does anyone else want a series on what Veldora gets up to in there?
I think it'd be hilarious.

Btw,TsuzukuHunter2nd,nice clip of Mai from Bunny,though the bit where she's dancing in the Bunny suit would have been better IMO,esp the bit where its the headshot of her with the moon behind her.

I don't know how it is in the LN and WN, but in manga Veldora just summarize Rimuru's adventure based on what he saw (this summary placed in every end of volume). But, I think it's a good idea to make at least a side-story based on it.

Nb: thanks, I love Mai's shot gesture, and also the bunny dance scene.

salbery755 said:

TsuzukuHunter2ndNov 12, 2018 7:30 PM
Nov 12, 2018 7:30 PM
Oct 2018
salbery755 said:
How sad is Shizu's past, Ifrit is a very dominant spirit.
Shizu loses control of Ifrit, the spirit of fire she possesses, the appearance of Ifrit reveals the true identity of Shizu, who was a legendary hero who had retired. The goblins are evacuated while Rirumu, Ranga and Shizu's companions fight against the wrathful spirit.
Rirumu manages to defeat Ifrit thanks to his resistance to the heat and to Ellen who lets the Slime copy her ice magic, then devours the spirit with his "predatory" ability.
The name of the next episode gives me a bad feeling about Shizu.

i think, 2 more episode
Nov 12, 2018 7:33 PM

Jun 2016
wait... they still alive after get swallowed by rimuru... hmm...

IFRIT VS Tsundere DRAGON !!! my bet in tsundere dragon

rimuru become more and more OP i wonder what would happens if everybody knew about him ?

can't wait the next episode !!! hope she ok
Nov 12, 2018 7:37 PM

Sep 2016
Skyguardian said:
Just wondering.

Does anyone else realize that Shizu and Rimurus human form look weirdly alike?

*Tries demonic laugh*
Ahahahahahahahaha
You'll see why next episode!
Nov 12, 2018 8:41 PM

Jul 2017
Okay..in all honesty this episode made me cry
Nov 12, 2018 10:36 PM

Mar 2014
That flashback answered some questions, but left a lot more. It looks like she was summoned by the demon lord, but why do people refer to her as a hero? Did she run off after doing her heroic deeds to escape him and now wants to find him again for some closure after all this time?

Pretty sure Ifrit was the reason for her youth after 50 years, so things are not looking good for her now that Rimuru isolated him in quarantine. But it was nice to see Veldora again!
Nov 12, 2018 10:36 PM

Oct 2014
Great episode again

I hope the anime quality won't be droped since so far the anime is great
Nov 12, 2018 10:55 PM

Jun 2013
Great Sage: *sigh*

lmao.
Nov 12, 2018 11:28 PM

Mar 2010
Hahaha, I loved this episode XD
That moment when he was being engulfed by flames and he sighs...then his skill sighs at "her" forgetful master XD Great Sage for the win ! And Ifrits surprise to Veldora was priceless
Nov 12, 2018 11:33 PM

Dec 2015
the sound effect is so good, feel like it from some RPG lol
Grey-Zone said:
Judging from Twitter images, the anime actually adaptated the Shizu backstory that only existed in the LN version up until now, but not in the WN or manga version. That's great. But it seems they'll really stretch it thin with that and only finish LN vol. 1 by episode 8 I guess. So I guess they'll really end it with LN vol. 3? I don't really like it as a stopping point because it's kind of... anti-climatic? It's odd that the final part of the first anime season would be an arc that didn't even exist in the WN version...

Oh well, at least the parts that do get adaptated will have twice the amount of episodes as the usual LN adaptations (8 episodes vs 4 episodes), so it may be the first time where people say "read the LN for a few more details" as opposed to the usual "read the LN because the anime skipped half of the story!". In addition, if the rumors about the anime not being allowed to pass the manga are true, then ending at LN vol. 3 content means we'll get a second season faster than if the anime went all the way to LN vol. 4.

it maybe will end at vol 4 with a cliché because from the OP scene it from the act in vol 4 but with this slow don't know if it can reach to that act....if someone already read the WN maybe they will thinking that anime can reach it but they need to remember this is adapt light novel not web novel and it have more more detail and many boss more than wn, just look at the manga and see it already have a boss that don't have in web novel, and manga is rush the story and anime is not....
so can't tell much with there 7 eps....but for sure they somehow will end in vol 4 or get another ss2, if this story don't get ss2 soon then maybe it will never get
why ? because the light novel is very close to the end act in wn it like 2 or 3 volume more and it will end, but maybe somehow the author will write more further in ln ? who know
well i will just pray now....
Nov 12, 2018 11:46 PM

Nov 2017
- since the first episode of this anime.... i dont have any idea who the hell is Hinata that people talking about here.
- Rimuru was fireproof since the 1st episode right?
- There's people said shizu will remain dead or shizu would revive after her dead... so which one?
Now Loading.....
Nov 12, 2018 11:48 PM
Apr 2018
thepath said:
Amazing episode. One of the best fights in this season

chaosnetwork said:
Best Anime of the season. Who wanna @ me?

2nd best

Noting can beat jojo

Nothing can beat jojo......
Except for simon from TTGL
Nov 13, 2018 12:12 AM
Nov 2015
bondtux said:
- since the first episode of this anime.... i dont have any idea who the hell is Hinata that people talking about here.
- There's people said shizu will remain dead or shizu would revive after her dead... so which one?

Nov 13, 2018 12:34 AM

Oct 2014
redcobra said:
bondtux said:

Not quite right.

Grey-ZoneNov 13, 2018 12:42 AM
Nov 13, 2018 12:47 AM

May 2015
Damn. The curse of being a summon to kill someone without hesitation by a master's order...

Damn it! They just built...

"Take this action?" Lol what is this,a turn-based RPG?

Ayyy! Spell Steal!

Lol all that despair only to learn that he's immune to fire. Besides, he has pain nullification right? So he can't really feel when he gets hurt...

"Did you just do something to me?" BURN!

And he ate Ifrit. Might as well eat all the mythical beings that you see, then throw up an army when you need one.

Next episode is "Inherited Will." I assume that Rimuru will eat Shizu next episode to carry out her final wish?

Nice animation this episode. It did a good job with the camera work.
Nov 13, 2018 1:24 AM

Feb 2014
Tsundere Dragon intimidating Ifrit was the highlight of the episode. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 13, 2018 2:28 AM
Oct 2018
Vysarine said:
That flashback answered some questions, but left a lot more. It looks like she was summoned by the demon lord, but why do people refer to her as a hero? Did she run off after doing her heroic deeds to escape him and now wants to find him again for some closure after all this time?

Pretty sure Ifrit was the reason for her youth after 50 years, so things are not looking good for her now that Rimuru isolated him in quarantine. But it was nice to see Veldora again!

cause that demon lord is Human, is Summoned, is Former Hero
Nov 13, 2018 3:00 AM

May 2018
Nurguburu said:
Shizu killed the girl and his pet lol.

She's not the best person to be friends with, that's for sure
Nov 13, 2018 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
Solid episode with some great action and some compelling and interesting flashbacks to boot, plus the long-overdue reappearance of Veldora.

Only complaint would be Rimuru forgetting he has fire resistance, which was pretty dumb overall.
Nov 13, 2018 5:42 AM

Apr 2018
Oh god, the demon lord really did a good job in making me hate him >:D
Poor puppy D:

Greatly animated scenes here and there and some backstory of Shizu(E).

And finally Rimuru got to show how damn strong he really is.

A really satisfying episode for this week.

Nov 13, 2018 5:53 AM
Jan 2017
wow,, how amazing battle we have here,, the grapich is very epic,, im very love this intense battle in this episeonde ,, and i can see the rating is up to 8,2,,
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 26, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.