Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2018 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this episode didn't impress me much as it still follows the usual storytelling style. We do see more of Black Clover's world though which I guess is somewhat of a plus.

On another note, I'm hoping they really give more chances for Noelle to shine after what she's been through. Lol, that last scene. Priceless.
Oct 16, 2018 4:05 AM

Jul 2017
That was not bad. Atleast they didn't waste this episode with cringey humor and focused more on Asta and his arms. He has really come a long way with the Black Bulls, after being told he won't make it with no magic.

This show still sucks overall, but Black Clover is on a streak when it comes to being not garbage for a few episodes now so I hope they can keep it up.
Oct 16, 2018 4:25 AM
Jan 2012
Why doesn’t he use his sword on his arms to destroy the curse?
Oct 16, 2018 4:30 AM

Jun 2009
one hole ep just too know about the wrecked hands of asta ....i mean okay hard words but still nothing happends exept that

what a slow pace cAN IT EVEN GET slower than that ?

--anyways i have too say i do t thought the charas are soo anyoyig in this ep so one + --
Oct 16, 2018 5:14 AM

Feb 2013
Friendship is beautiful!

Petit Clover was super funny, again.
Gauche would kill anyone who gets close to Marie, we all knew that.
Poor Gordon, will he ever make a friend?
Oct 16, 2018 5:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was great, the Black Bulls are amazing.
Oct 16, 2018 6:32 AM
Jan 2018
The Black Bulls are basically the improved version of Fairy Tail Nakama Friendship. In and Out of battles.
Oct 16, 2018 6:34 AM

May 2017
Chris_Pirtle said:

Was just about to ask the same thing

Maybe in this verse, curse is different from magic? Like how sensing magic and Ki are different, Vetto also did say he can't nullify enhancement magic, so I guess the curse is passive and cannot be activated without a condition or manually
Oct 16, 2018 6:41 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode

The new opening visuals are full of spoilers but fantastic, my fav arc is coming

Chris_Pirtle said:

not working, you'll see later
Oct 16, 2018 7:33 AM
May 2014
What's the new ending? episodes 52-54
Edit: found it
#6: "Tenjou Tenge" by Miyuna (eps 52-54)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HzE2TAe_no
cristinacke28Oct 16, 2018 7:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2018 7:53 AM

Nov 2016
This was seriously heavy, but props to Asta and the rest for not giving up.

We also got the usual light hearted and amusing party with the Black Bull members, my love for these guys just keeps growing stronger and stronger, especially after the end of this emotional episode.

Great stuff overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2018 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode! I was so happy to see everyone doing their best to help Asta.

I wonder if he could break that curse with his sword because the curse i guess is magic or no?
Guessing by the OP, Vanessa will be the key to save Asta's arms and she probably went to the diamond kingdom.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 16, 2018 8:47 AM

Dec 2014
well yeah this episode seemed a bit like a filler but it was nice in a way
Oct 16, 2018 9:17 AM

Jan 2008
ibraheem234 said:

There was padded scenes with the flashbacks, but overall it was two chapters in one episode.

Next week will be filler, but very necessary. The next part of the arc was essentially mentioned on one page, and didn't really explain who these characters were. When I read this in the manga, I thought I had missed a chapter or two. It'll be nice to finally get some background and story.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 16, 2018 9:44 AM
Aug 2015
Excuse me, Pierrot-sama, but Gauche didn't even mentioning his sister's name in the manga.. He has changed a little bit, yet you make him exactly like the first time he appeared in the show =3=

Put Gauche aside, that new opening scene was pure hype.. much better than the previous one, which contains a lot of repeated scenes and a ripoff lol..

That's right, Asta! Not giving up is your magic! Seeing he's crying made my heart broken tho.

Asta crying >>>>> Deku crying

Next episode, should be the LN adaptation, which means a new story for me, as a manga reader.
Oct 16, 2018 10:08 AM

Sep 2015
Oh wow I didn't expect this kind of twist, I so wanted to cry with him at the end =w=
Oct 16, 2018 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
''I wasn't blessed with any magic but I sure was blessed with amazing friends.''

This episode was so warm. It shows that Black Bulls are more like family than any other groups.
Oct 16, 2018 10:23 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was actually pretty good. It sucks that for now, Asta is unable to use his arms or wield his sword, but it's nice to see that he has a group of supportive people that will go to such lengths to help him out.

kevin_video said:
Next week will be filler, but very necessary. The next part of the arc was essentially mentioned on one page, and didn't really explain who these characters were. When I read this in the manga, I thought I had missed a chapter or two. It'll be nice to finally get some background and story.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the upcoming new characters were from the BC light novel, so technically I don't think it'll be filler. Either way, it's good that they'll get a proper introduction, because as you mentioned, they just showed up out of nowhere in the manga.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 16, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
The next two episodes will adapt the light novel where those new characters met black bulls for the first time.
Oct 16, 2018 11:05 AM
Nov 2017
People are complaining about this being a slow paced and mediocre episode but I think it does a really good job focusing on the storytelling elements of the show.
Oct 16, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2008
thebrentinator24 said:
If I'm not mistaken, I think the upcoming new characters were from the BC light novel, so technically I don't think it'll be filler. Either way, it's good that they'll get a proper introduction, because as you mentioned, they just showed up out of nowhere in the manga.

That's fair. I guess they're filler as far as the manga is concerned. But yeah, very much needed information is coming our way and I'm looking forward to it. I'd be very happy to see that light novel adapted into a side manga, but this is fine too.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 16, 2018 11:55 AM
Oct 2017
What, you thought a character would actually be affected by a debilitating injury? lol no, Asta's just too cool and determined for that, he's so courageous for an injury that is definitely permanent and won't be resolved ever, nope, not at all.

I swear Black Clover only ever brings up some good ideas just to slam dunk the potential into the bin.
Oct 16, 2018 12:19 PM

Dec 2017
CadenGallic said:
What, you thought a character would actually be affected by a debilitating injury? lol no, Asta's just too cool and determined for that, he's so courageous for an injury that is definitely permanent and won't be resolved ever, nope, not at all.

I swear Black Clover only ever brings up some good ideas just to slam dunk the potential into the bin.

when i first reached this chapter of the manga i thought "wow, this might actually be a really good turn" and it was so emotionally heavy packed. you could feel despair when finrail was announcing the news and the sentence "you will never be able to swing the sword again" was like a death sentence to asta's character

Oct 16, 2018 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
Is noteworthy to mention that this is the first time in the series that Asta cries (not counting flashbacks). And despite how others looked down on him for not having magic during his whole life, despite all the pain he had to withstood in all of his fights, even at the prospect of never using his arms again, the only reason why he cried this episode was because the efforts his friends are making to make him recover the use of his arms, showing how much they appreciate him. It was a very touching scene, one of the moments I liked the most of the series so far.

It seems they are going to adapt the light novel of the series, which is a good move, since the introduction of Fanzell in the manga was way too sudden. That way they will avoid overcoming the manga too fast.
Also, the new visuals of the opening made me like it even more. Now that's a hype inducing opening. Previous one had meh visuals, despite how good the song is.

Petit Clover delivers as always. I feel very bad for poor Gordon, though ;_;
Oct 16, 2018 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
Apart from the ED animation, the best animation in black clover is the clouds. Good clouds.
Other than that the animation fell flat (not a '2D' pun) -but there is some irony attached to that.
The humour was so forces and the canned laughter; really? Canned laughter? When this become a sitcom... I don't need no canned laughter.

But oh my. Is this another anime playing into the raiden factor (context; raiden from mgs who fought with a blade in his mouth and his legs). The satisfaction of seeing it happen in boku no hero academia's was such massive endorphin release... And now black clover is doing it. Yaaaass.
They best not be faking this.

What was that blue haired girl's name, I forgot? Anyways, her interactions with luck seem the most exaggerated -it probably not gonna happen but she seems to have a thing for him... I'm just speculating.
Oct 16, 2018 4:36 PM
Jan 2016
So we got a feels episode, knowing that tragic notice about Asta's arms!

i am glad that Asta even with that problem refuses to surrender!

Is certainly heartwarming seeing that everyone is trying hard to find a cure for Asta, i am glad that even Yami is trying to help, sending everyone in that uncommon mission to find somthing to help Asta with his arms! And yes Asta is blessed with his squadron companions! And even without magic Asta marked them all, and i am glad that everyone had recognized him!

Btw, feast was really awesome when Yami ordered them to do tricks, and even the moment were Charmy and Grey disfarced as Charmy!
Oct 16, 2018 4:43 PM
Oct 2018
so is anyone going to acknowledge the fact that there is a version of gray from fairytail in the show. is it a new shounen troupe?
Oct 16, 2018 5:00 PM
Aug 2015
Khal_Russ said:
so is anyone going to acknowledge the fact that there is a version of grey from fairytail in the show. is it a new shounen troupe?
Fixed.
Other than those two, I can only remember Sinbad from Magi.
EDIT: Dang, I just remembered Mirio from MHA lol..
renzosparkOct 16, 2018 11:20 PM
Oct 16, 2018 5:24 PM

Oct 2015
I liked this episode, everyone coming together helping Asta get his arms fixed. Hell even Gauche has decided to help for once, proves how much impact Asta has on the squad. Considering his passion I would've helped too, despite his loudness I can't seem to hate the guy in fact its the opposite.

But I suspect Vanessa is going to be the one who'll have an impact, but I haven't counted out Noelle's trip. That red haired guy maybe be able to heal Asta.

I'm confused who will though but I'm hyped to see.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 16, 2018 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
New opening visuals were okay. I hope they didn't just take the scene they were going to use and stick it into the op though.
Oct 16, 2018 7:21 PM
Oct 2017
uninstallthegame said:
CadenGallic said:

when i first reached this chapter of the manga i thought "wow, this might actually be a really good turn" and it was so emotionally heavy packed. you could feel despair when finrail was announcing the news and the sentence "you will never be able to swing the sword again" was like a death sentence to asta's character

Of course it didn't. Back before Vetto regrew his arm with legendary magic I might've believed Black Clover was at least willing to have consequences like Dancey mage losing his leg but that'd be too good for stakes, we can't have that in this show.
Oct 16, 2018 9:28 PM

Jan 2011
GIVE HIM ROBOT ARMS!

Didn't expect such a heavy ep.
Oct 17, 2018 1:46 AM
Oct 2018
In my opinion, I really love the series. The slow pace story just makes me thrill and yeah, due to "the slow pace" maybe we'll get the chance to know about the world of magic in Black Clover. I really hope the storyline will be much slower although its already slowed 😂 ( I dont read manga , so idk what will happen ) This episode almost triggered me to cry 😂 But the content of "melancholic" is just too little. But overall, I love it. ♥️
Oct 17, 2018 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
This was an emotionally powerful episode!
especially the OST when Asta cried because all of his nakama are worried about him!
5/5.

Oct 17, 2018 7:42 AM

Sep 2013
Nicely done, asta not getting depressed anymore and everyone going to look for help :'(
Oct 17, 2018 11:49 AM
Mar 2015
Best parts Asta crying for the first time
Gauche vowing to murder everyone who gets close to Marie
Gordon;s wish for a friend
Oct 17, 2018 1:45 PM

May 2018
Well then them Black Bulls were in a mission to find a cure for Asta's arms.

Man, when will Gordon have his time to shine?????
Oct 17, 2018 6:52 PM

Jan 2015
Asta is the hero we need, right now. 💪🏻
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Oct 17, 2018 7:24 PM

Nov 2017
100 Spells To Help You Make Friends

Haha, this just cracked me up. Gordon seriously looks like a detective.

🔹🔹🔷🔷 PRECISION IS MY INSPIRATION! 🔷🔷🔹🔹

Oct 18, 2018 9:46 AM
Oct 2018
Chris_Pirtle said:
cause the sword are for nullifying magic
Oct 18, 2018 9:47 AM
Oct 2018
ibraheem234 said:
better than boruto
Oct 18, 2018 10:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm looks like bad news for Asta. After all those missions its nice that the team gets a reward in the form of the BBQ. The news about Asta's arms sure was grim though. Seeing the squads reactions just shows how much impact Asta has made on them. But despite his status its nice that Asta hasn't given up. The squads determination to help find ways to help Asta was admirable. A decent episode that showed just how much Asta's friends cared for him. I hope they manage to find a way to heal his arms. That scene though lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2018 11:56 AM
Mar 2018
I really liked this episode. Felt like crying on many parts that's because I could connect it to my real life; like fate having in store something for you which you don't like or lady luck not smiling on you, or at some point feeling like that all of your efforts and the hard work that you did are not being paid. Plus it tells that essentially you failed to go on a next level after coming this far. I could feel all these emotions and relate it to my life, so on emotional aspect this episode was really good, bringing back those emotional moments of Naruto as well which I felt when I was going through a rough patch in my life; also not to forget the 1st episode of Black Clover. The emotional aspect I didn't find it in the manga, rather I questioned where the hell did those Diamond kingdom refugees popped up from!!!! But the anime did it really well, triggering the emotional aspect. At least I felt it that way.
Oct 18, 2018 11:59 AM
Mar 2018
Budakadni said:
ibraheem234 said:
better than boruto

Well it may seem like filler, but it was complete cannon.
Oct 18, 2018 9:44 PM
Jun 2017
Like this episode as it really do focus on Asta's arm, which sadly has been cursed. I just love how the other black bulls are concerned about him, and thus finding their own way on how they can help Asta's arm can be healed...

And yeah!!! the petit clove part just confirms it- GAUCHE is not a good to be a brother!!! hahahaha...
Oct 18, 2018 9:51 PM
Jun 2015
This show is not the best at character development, I must say.
Oct 19, 2018 3:11 AM
Sep 2015
The advantage of making Asta an 'always loud' character is that when he's quiet, you'll excited because 'serious things will coming'.
Oct 20, 2018 3:47 AM

Jan 2014
I actually almost cried watching this episode. poor Asta, fate hit him thrice. I can relate.
Oct 30, 2018 7:11 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was actually emotional. The Black Bulls are good friends. ;__;
Nov 11, 2018 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
I'd let Vanessa try to please me every damn day
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 146 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Black Clover (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

95 by metapoetics »»
Apr 28, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2020

64 by Vindicater »»
Apr 28, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
Apr 25, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Apr 25, 5:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.