Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I definitely don't trust that Kei girl..
However, I think the info dump this episode was useful with hthe ranking system.

Ren and Kei has a weird fake relationship now...honestly, I was disappointed that Ayase didn't see through it. Not surprised that Ren got caught in another fight and got outmatched. That Rot Spinne guy creeps me out tbh.

Nov 3, 2017 10:24 AM

Oct 2012
It's amazing how much more enjoyable this can be when they don't rush through 80% of the content. Still some glaring issues, but overall it's another step up from their previous episodes.

(Most glaring issue being the constant fade to black transitions. God those are getting to be annoying. Just fill the space with static imagery or something.)
GemTasticalNov 3, 2017 10:28 AM
Nov 3, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed, at least it gives us some answers on episode 0 (like what, before going down the anime for a lot of people, it is better to wait for a clarification, it is not looking at 2 or 3 episodes that we can judge all anime)

Finally, we see Reinhard Heydrich, I think the next episodes will accelerate the situation, and I hope other answers because there is still a lot of shadows.
Nov 3, 2017 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
So Ren is going to be trained to become stronger so the people from the Longinus Dreizhn Orden black round table can defeat him. It was amusing when he told Kasumi he's in a relationship with Kei. He managed to defeat Spinne.
Nov 3, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2015
I hope this episode satisfied people's wish for some info-dumps.

Anyway, the scene with Sakurai (the one at night) was a little shorter than I hoped. I really wanted to see Sakurai shooting Ren in the hand with a gun, lol.

Ren's fake relationship with Sakurai came a little earlier than I remember. Not that I complain, it was funny.

The fight with Spinne was shorter and a little different from the VN. They didn't explain Spinne's motivation for wanting to ally with Ren (he wanted to stop Reinhard coming into this world).

Trifa is starting to reveal himself, sneaky bastard.

Even if they actually adapted all of chapter 4 of the VN, this was way better paced than episode 3. Also, my theory that they want to get thru the common route as fast as possible is becoming true.
ovy7Nov 3, 2017 11:21 AM
Nov 3, 2017 11:02 AM

Oct 2012
Also for the VN readers

How do you feel about the slightly anime only approach they're going for here? Since events seem to be different from how they transpired in the VN.
Nov 3, 2017 11:16 AM

Aug 2015
kdog1000 said:
Also for the VN readers

How do you feel about the slight anime only approach they're going for here? Since events seem to be different from how they transpired in the VN.

It's a little weird, honestly.

The scene with Ren revealing that his dating Sakurai was nice, actually.

On the other hand, when Ren ripped off all his limbs was cringy to watch. Also, the design of his formation is different from the VN, probably because here Ren was very angry with Spinne, while in the VN he realized that Kasumi isn't a hostage.
Nov 3, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
kdog1000 said:
Also for the VN readers

How do you feel about the slightly anime only approach they're going for here? Since events seem to be different from how they transpired in the VN.

The limbs ripping scene was cringe worthy, I prefer what happen in the VN where Ren figure out Kasumi isn't among the victims and basically troll spinne before he bond with marie and make his Holy Relic and cut spinne head clean
Nov 3, 2017 11:54 AM

Nov 2013
Not bad, I really enjoyed the info-dump from Kei in the first half (hopefully some anime onlies are not as lost as they were before). Also, I think I laughed more than I should have with that "I am dating Sakurai" scene, since their reactions were priceless. Nice twist on the scene and a shame that they missed some possible teasing from Rusalka – it would have been worthy to see it.

2nd half was a bit more cringe, not only with meme boy and that annoying voice of his, but especially in the limbs being ripped parts, plus Ren manifesting the guillotine all over his body. The fight, if we can call it that, and their interactions were also quite rushed, since we never heard about Spinne´s motivations. Another lost chance for mentioning Zarathustra to Ren.

Also, a special shoot-out to Trifa, since like usual, he is a gentleman and takes care of his friends (shame that he didn´t "clean" Ren´s "trash") lol. Overall, a pretty decent episode, for DI standards.

KaitonNov 3, 2017 12:12 PM

Nov 3, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
Fun fact we are 4 ep in and they are still to call Ren Zarathustra
Nov 3, 2017 12:05 PM

Oct 2012
Fun fact: Spinne technically destroyed Ren's relic during formation and he's still alive.
Nov 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
Having ren go rage mode was nice and that limb scene XD
Kasumi is wife material so I understand the decision.
Nov 3, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
ichii_1 said:
Having ren go rage mode was nice and that limb scene XD
Kasumi is wife material so I understand the decision.

There far more Ren\kasumi shipping in the VN actually
Nov 3, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
kdog1000 said:
Fun fact: Spinne technically destroyed Ren's relic during formation and he's still alive.

It seems he can grow his HR from any part of his body in the anime so it doesn't matter lol
Nov 3, 2017 12:19 PM
Mar 2016
WTf you mean to say that them Longinus Dreizhn Orden black round table were training Fuji to be their opponent? That's like digging your own grave. For the moment there, I thought that Kasumi is dead.
Nov 3, 2017 12:28 PM

Aug 2015
Devil_Slayer said:
kdog1000 said:
Also for the VN readers

I prefer what happen in the VN where Ren figure out Kasumi isn't among the victims and basically troll spinne \

"Just answer me one question. What do you think about girls with big boobs?"

They kept the mole on the breast thing but not the payoff of that information, for some reason.
Nov 3, 2017 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
"I am very picky when it comes to boobs, I like the girls with moles on their Breast "

It's amazing how being pervert can be useful sometimes and this line from Ren was LIT
Nov 3, 2017 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty decent episode with some explanations, which was what I really wanted the show to give to get some idea in terms of context. Thank god because that's really my main issue with the show so far.

Now with that out of the way, I think pacing is still off but its not to the point where it would be considered as rushed. As usual Ren getting into shit once again Lol.
Nov 3, 2017 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
^^ Spinne's reaction to Ren's trolling was something to read/watch.
Nov 3, 2017 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
That was by far the best episode so far, now I have some idea what's going on.
Nov 3, 2017 2:02 PM

Aug 2014
Whoahoho said:
WTf you mean to say that them Longinus Dreizhn Orden black round table were training Fuji to be their opponent? That's like digging your own grave. For the moment there, I thought that Kasumi is dead.

It's because they didn't even bother to explain everything about the Swastikas and Ren's role. Kei talks about "electric fields" in the VN, which explains Ren's role in these fights and why they're training him.
Nov 3, 2017 2:10 PM
Feb 2016
im totally lost in this story,..........
but i feel this will get better after some episodes
Nov 3, 2017 2:24 PM

May 2013
Finally a pretty decent episode. Previous ones were a confusing mess.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Nov 3, 2017 2:37 PM

Aug 2010
It got bloodier or is it just me? xd

Anyway, it was pretty good, I'm still not sure what to expect about all of this though xD

I was kind of disappointed from Ren for his "fake relationship", Ayase was so broken :(
Nov 3, 2017 2:47 PM

Aug 2014
kdog1000 said:
It's amazing how much more enjoyable this can be when they don't rush through 80% of the content.

But it was rushed lol
it was one of the more rushed episodes, despite the included infodump, if anything
(and not coincidentally, one of the worst)
InsertanamehereNov 3, 2017 3:14 PM
Nov 3, 2017 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
This show gets worse each episode, make it stop please.
Nov 3, 2017 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Ren transforming to that form so quickly. lol
I think this anime is gonna have a rushed story like many others.

Devil_Slayer said:
kdog1000 said:

It seems he can grow his HR from any part of his body in the anime so it doesn't matter lol

Yeah, like many other animes; this one will have its own story.
Nov 3, 2017 4:29 PM

Oct 2015
As usual we went for a lightning fast pace. Now i like a fast pace usually, but they skipped ALOT as usual. But they got the overall gist of it.

Kei's explanation did an ok job of explaining how the superpowers in the show work. Although, the 1st level is not called "Activity" its "Activation".
Ren's fake relationship with Sakurai came a bit sooner then it did in the VN. The reason he did that anime-onlys, was so he can get Kasumi off his back and stop asking questions. Kasumi doesnt remember being pocessesed and killing people. Ren wants to make sure she never remembers it, he wants her to stay innocent of the whole nazi situation to protect their normal lives. He also starts avoiding his friends in school because he always gets a strong urge to kill them due to his guillotine power. It wants to keep killing people. But thats where Kei comes in and teaches him how to better use and control his power. Shame we never get the scene where she shoots his hand with a gun to make him use Activation.
They just wooshed right through the scenes with the Priest and with Himuro/Lisa. In the VN, the priest gives Ren a little philosophy talk about how things never happen without purpose. (VN readers if im forgetting something important during this scene please tell me.)

As for the whole fight with Spinne, its a Hit and Miss for me. On one hand, i like how they depicted Spinne and Ren's powers. On the other, it wasnt at all like this. Spinne never explains why exactly he wants Ren to work with him (he wants to overthrow the Round Table so Reinhard wont come back. He wants to do this because he's afraid of Reinhard and is sick of taking orders.). Also, they showed off the Priest's power so early, he didnt do anything in the VN other than finish off Spinne after Ren left, thinking he killed him.

Im really hoping they slow down the pace once the common route is finished.

oh, and the reason why they want to strengthen Ren is because they need strong souls to activate the Swastikas. Just massacring everyone in the city wont do it because the souls are of low quality. To put it simply, the Swastikas require a War filled with real Battles, not massacres.

ovy7 said:
^^ Spinne's reaction to Ren's trolling was something to read/watch.
I miss that scene so much. Ren basically shitting on Spinne's pussiness and figuring out that Kasumi wasnt actually there by remembering that tidbit about Kasumi's breast mole was great.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Nov 3, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
Whoahoho said:
WTf you mean to say that them Longinus Dreizhn Orden black round table were training Fuji to be their opponent? That's like digging your own grave.

They have to do that cause like i said, the swastikas wont activate to a massacre, they only activate to legit battles. Otherwise without Ren, they'd have to resort to killing each other to activate them.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Nov 3, 2017 5:06 PM
Aug 2017
Damn this ep hyped me up again after a while. Loved it.
Nov 3, 2017 6:40 PM

Dec 2014
I guess this episode was actually pretty decent.

That limb tearing scene though, wow that was bloody.
Last scene was nice.
Nov 3, 2017 6:43 PM

Nov 2014
About a third of this episode dropped infodumps. Trying to keep focus on all the exposition was difficult. Ren is embodied with a weapon called a "relic" that can turn souls into power. I didn't understand the point of keeping Kasumi in the dark about what was going on, even going as far as pretending to be in a relationship with someone else, but it made for a humorous reaction. Nice, actual, hug at the end. It wasn't one of those cheap half-hugs where one participant's arms are dangling down, or crossed over their chest.
Nov 3, 2017 7:57 PM
Aug 2017
aikaflip said:
About a third of this episode dropped infodumps. Trying to keep focus on all the exposition was difficult. Ren is embodied with a weapon called a "relic" that can turn souls into power. I didn't understand the point of keeping Kasumi in the dark about what was going on, even going as far as pretending to be in a relationship with someone else, but it made for a humorous reaction. Nice, actual, hug at the end. It wasn't one of those cheap half-hugs where one participant's arms are dangling down, or crossed over their chest.

All of the fighters here have those relics, not only Ren. Ren wanted to push Kasumi out of danger and not involved with this anymore. Kasumi is the symbol of Ren's normal life so he wanted to keep her safe.
Nov 3, 2017 8:22 PM

Nov 2014
Himawari9 said:
aikaflip said:

All of the fighters here have those relics, not only Ren. Ren wanted to push Kasumi out of danger and not involved with this anymore. Kasumi is the symbol of Ren's normal life so he wanted to keep her safe.

Ah, the Spider-Man excuse. Makes sense.
Nov 3, 2017 8:53 PM
Jan 2014
Even if I still don't really understand what's going on, I was at least entertained during this episode, so that's a step up.
Nov 3, 2017 9:27 PM

Jun 2013
Ren and Kei are really best couple.
ryanstrikeNov 3, 2017 9:31 PM
Nov 3, 2017 10:53 PM

Nov 2014
ryanstrike said:

Indeed. Sadly, I don't think we're going down Kei's route.
Nov 4, 2017 1:20 AM
Nov 2016
Finally Some info dump.... It was needed to make this show a little better.

The story could still use some work but the action is pretty well done so I am hoping for more of this. This came as a much needed reprieve after 3 episodes of a shit storm, 4 if you include episode 0.
Nov 4, 2017 2:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
They didn't even explain Spinne's motivations properly, nor how Ren could identify that the fake body wasn't Ayase's... I mean at least we've gotten some more general explanations added now thanks to Kei but I still feel like they're needlessly missing out on things that could be explained to anime-only viewers when they literally were explained at those very moments in the VN
Nov 4, 2017 2:53 AM

Jul 2014
Well, it wasn't actually that subtle at all, but at least this episode's endless info-dumps have made it so that I actually understand fully what's going on now. That's not to say it was any good still, but actually understanding what's going on is a good start at least.

Also, wouldn't Ren have known that Spinne didn't actually kill Kasumi cos of what that other guy said the other week, about how they fight in some kind of closed space that doesn't impact the real world (or something like that, anyway). I mean, if that wasn't the case, Spinne's power would have destroyed the city as we saw it do. But, as we then saw, the city was still perfectly fine (if it wasn't, I highly doubt Kasumi would have been so casually rummaging through Ren's room to find her phone).
Nov 4, 2017 12:15 PM
Apr 2015
So... i wonder how many people died when Spinne deciced to cut up 1/4 of the cities buildings...

Just how exactly do they keep these fights a secret again?
Nov 4, 2017 1:03 PM
Feb 2016
frenze12 said:
So... i wonder how many people died when Spinne deciced to cut up 1/4 of the cities buildings...

Since when are they supposed to be a secret? Rusalka and Wilhelm blew up the bridge last episode, in Kei's route Schreiber kills hundreds of people in a park because he feels like it.
Nov 4, 2017 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
Man, some things just don't animate well. And this is most certainly one of them.
Nov 4, 2017 2:52 PM
Apr 2015
E96825 said:
frenze12 said:

Since when are they supposed to be a secret? Rusalka and Wilhelm blew up the bridge last episode, in Kei's route Schreiber kills hundreds of people in a park because he feels like it.

Because it would be all over the news by now and they probably would have evacuated the city by now or called the JSDF? (Not that it would mean anything but atleast it would be better than acting like nothing ever happened)
Na just a normal school day next day, no biggy it's only our lively hoods that get destroyed... Totally normal...

At least in Fate they had the church to cover up any collateral damage, so what is Dies Irea excuse?
Nov 4, 2017 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
Well, that was the best episode so far. We finally get a bit of an explanation as to what tf is going on, so that's nice. However, from reading comments by VN players, it seems they are still leaving out quite a lot of information and changing the script a bit. Oh well, guess I'll see where it goes from here.
Nov 4, 2017 5:56 PM
Aug 2017
frenze12 said:
E96825 said:

Because it would be all over the news by now and they probably would have evacuated the city by now or called the JSDF? (Not that it would mean anything but atleast it would be better than acting like nothing ever happened)
Na just a normal school day next day, no biggy it's only our lively hoods that get destroyed... Totally normal...

At least in Fate they had the church to cover up any collateral damage, so what is Dies Irea excuse?

A god covers them up?
Nov 4, 2017 6:03 PM
Aug 2017
VarunaBles said:
ryanstrike said:

Indeed. Sadly, I don't think we're going down Kei's route.

They confirmed it is Marie 's route with some changes.
Nov 4, 2017 8:14 PM
Mar 2012
So instead of battle royale for a wish, it's cultivate one enemy Ren so his soul is useful to sacrifice, or something.
For once the action was good & gruesome. Spiderman was too weird.
Priest wants Kasumi alive somehow, maybe needed for Ren.
Some good infodump explains why some were so op... using souls to level up & those 3+1 stages.
Nov 5, 2017 1:48 AM
Feb 2016
frenze12 said:
E96825 said:

runs the theater and created Suwahara city just for it's actors to be sacrificed
E96825Nov 5, 2017 1:57 AM
Nov 5, 2017 1:54 AM
Feb 2016
Just wanted to point out that this was translated to Japanese but the enemies will use the original terms for the 3 levels, dunno how CR will handle the subs for that so here they are.

Assiah
Yetzirah
Beri'ah

E96825Nov 5, 2017 1:59 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is the VN as bad as the anime?

FireFistYK - Dec 9, 2017

12 by PunGood020 »»
Oct 10, 2023 1:23 PM

» Shinza Banshou

AkatsukiUlquiora - Dec 1, 2020

3 by InstantRamenKing »»
Apr 26, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

78 by NoviSun »»
Mar 20, 2021 12:58 PM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

88 by ReaperCreeper »»
Dec 29, 2020 5:05 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

76 by Vindicater »»
Oct 19, 2020 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.