Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 16, 2017 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
And Yoshino saves the day again, she is too awesome.

Why are you so nice Neko? Yoshino is my favorite, damn it!

EXPLOSION!!!
Mar 16, 2017 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
This episode settles a another normal ending.Anyway this episode was fairly entertaining than the last one.

Somehow Gasou looked stupidier this episode than last time.and his reason for marrying Aki was totally lol
Mar 16, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2016
It seems like they didn't leave themselves enough time for a good ending but we'll see I guess.

Also, I won't even be mad if Neko and Kojuurou end up together.
Mar 16, 2017 1:38 PM

May 2015
Master to the rescue!
Mar 16, 2017 1:50 PM

Feb 2009
THEY FUCKING SKIPPED ADAGAKI'S BATH SCENE!!!!! FUCK THIS SHOW, BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT. I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO SEE THIS CLAWFOOT TUB SCENE ANIMATED BEFORE EPISODE 1 EVEN CAME OUT AND THEY SKIPPED MY ONLY REASON FOR WATCHING THIS SHIT!!!

Mar 16, 2017 1:56 PM

May 2015
Boring episode. I found first half of this show way better.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 16, 2017 2:08 PM

Dec 2016
That episode was a lot of fun.

Funny how Yoshino and those 3 girls had the exact same plan.

I really love Konosuba, Megumin was the first thing I thought of when I kept hearing Tae say Explosion.
Mar 16, 2017 2:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
nerdokingoftrash said:
What a garbage episode. Is this even the way to handle the revelation behind the motivations of Fakeamune? Just handwave it with a 10 second flashback? And is that character seriously that shallow? What the hell is this crap? Since the introduction of the fattie this show dropped from a solid 7/10 to a 5/10 at most. This is a textbook example of how not to do NTR.

Besides, Aki's guards doing absolutely nothing while Masamune pseudo-romanced her during summer then suddenly deciding to spring into action at the whim of this random person out of nowhere... Is it humanly possible to write a plot even more contrived than this?

You've summed it up pretty well. I never had this as high as a 7, but it was enjoyable in it's own right. But since fake Masamune and the retard guard squad showed up, this has been a dumpster fire of a show. At least it's coming to an end now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 16, 2017 2:21 PM
Mar 16, 2017 2:22 PM

Oct 2016
nerdokingoftrash said:
What a garbage episode. Is this even the way to handle the revelation behind the motivations of Fakeamune? Just handwave it with a 10 second flashback? And is that character seriously that shallow? What the hell is this crap? Since the introduction of the fattie this show dropped from a solid 7/10 to a 5/10 at most. This is a textbook example of how not to do NTR.

Besides, Aki's guards doing absolutely nothing while Masamune pseudo-romanced her during summer then suddenly deciding to spring into action at the whim of this random person out of nowhere... Is it humanly possible to write a plot even more contrived than this?
Just stop. This was never NTR to begin with. People really need to stop misusing that term.
Mar 16, 2017 2:35 PM

Dec 2009
Now this is good stuff. Masamune is almost home-free now, he's got an epic opportunity to win once and for all now. He can show he's reliable like Aki wants.

In his case, he was trapped but managed to break free and get back, but Gasou didn't, so even in an objective sense, he's more reliable, as he never gets in as bad of situations and can get out of them when needed.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 16, 2017 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, I wonder what's going to happen...
Mar 16, 2017 3:14 PM

May 2015
Lmao, this whole ordeal was quite annoying in the manga as well. But oh well, let's see how the finale will be.

Mar 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
haha Makabe's Mother is really funny. "Please don't die Maa-kun!" xD

Kojuurou developed a crush on Neko how sweet

Neko was so nice. I Really wish that Makabe would have chosen her. And once again we have witness another bad-ass moment from Yoshino.

Aki's bodyguards can piss off. They ruined the entire episode for me. So annoying.

2/5

Mar 16, 2017 4:07 PM

Oct 2016
InceptionLoop said:
Jak said:
Hmmmm, If they do use chapter 40, maybe they will skip Paris and have it happen in Japan instead.

Chapter 40 isn't out yet O.O
I meant 39 then where....

Mar 16, 2017 4:30 PM

Apr 2015
Loved This Episode!!
Next Episode Is The Finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2017 4:44 PM

Jan 2017
I feel like the intro to the anime spoiled this season for me. Masamune is gonna kiss her and be the prince and be like, "Yo, this kiddo ain't Masamune I am." Or something along those lines.
I am still mad Fujinomiya isn't Masamune's girl friend, I mean she's hands down best girl.
Mar 16, 2017 4:57 PM

Oct 2016
InceptionLoop said:
Jak said:
I meant 39 then where....

Call it now, there will be some OVAs or a movie to wrap up the story. It will end with...

Mar 16, 2017 4:57 PM
Nov 2016
Well, I guess by next week we'll have the last episode.

Might get a second season, just maybe.
Mar 16, 2017 5:05 PM

Oct 2016
InceptionLoop said:
Jak said:
Call it now, there will be some OVAs or a movie to wrap up the story. It will end with...

You mean this season will end like this? That's possible. Now I just want chapter 40 to be released and finish this up, there is no need to drag the manga any longer.
Do we know if 40 is the last chapter? I mean I could see it being done in one or 2 more. Though I wouldn't mind it exploring their relationship, but that's just me.
Mar 16, 2017 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah no, Aki's guard posse is just as annoying as I remember. It's stupid to claim that you're protecting her, have you even asked if she wanted you to act as a guard? Urgh why

Looks like they'll end the series exactly where I thought, which is sorta disappointing. They saved the nice climax of this arc for next ep, but we probably won't ever see the end of the story unless this gets another season.
Whoahoho said:
WTF, did Kujuuro made any references that he is actually a girl, when he bumped into Neko?
Uh if you're asking if Kojuro made any implications that he's actually a she, then no, he didn't? Sorry might be misunderstanding what you wrote there

Takamura-sama said:
Did the anime skip a lot of stuff in general? If that's the case I'm going to read from the start.
This anime is really good so I want to know everything.
I'd say you should just read from the start. The anime honestly doesn't skip a whole lot of content but there's nothing wrong with getting all the small details by starting from the beginning.

Foorack said:
Honestly in my opinion this anime has been near-unwatchable since the introduction of Fat Masamune. Really looking forward to the last ep to see what happens now.
Tbh I completely understand, I couldn't bear to read the manga when it got to this point, and only picked it up again when there were 15+ chapters released since the last time so that I could near-guarantee that this part would be over by then. I also don't think you'll be very satisfied with the ending spot, assuming most of us have predicted correctly.

Kryki said:
I was hoping for a rushed episode so we would se the

I can't believe they're gonna end it with it instead.. or right after more likely. this adaption will end at a bad place most likely.
Ikr, @Huex3 and I have been constantly debating over where the anime intended to finish, and we've both expressed, as well as @Olem that it's a really awkward spot to end at, and a fairly disappointing spot a well. Though Huex3 has proposed that they might rearrange events to gloss over most of
just to finish at the recent chapter, though I highly doubt that. Either way though, whether they skip or finish where we expect I don't think it'll be satisfying either way for me.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 16, 2017 5:08 PM

Jan 2015
winddevil1 said:
did that girl just jump through the window without checking where she was? LOL

That's exactly what I thought LOL
Mar 16, 2017 5:40 PM

Nov 2015
I love Yoshino for trapping that fat Masamune.

Mar 16, 2017 6:24 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, I don't see how this can end satisfyingly without a second season already planned. As someone pointed out on Reddit (I believe), the mangaka might not be releasing Chapter 40 yet in order to extend it so a second season gets produced. God knows, there's PLENTY of side stories for them to adapt as well.
Mar 16, 2017 6:24 PM

Sep 2015
Hes gonna be the prince for class A now and save the day since the opening basically foretold this lol.
Mar 16, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
Neko is the best girl, if it wasn't for Masamune's revenge, he would have chosen Neko because she is the best :3
Yoshino basically saved them xD
But i still don't get one thing, is that fat Masamune trying to be the real fatty Masamune when he was a kid? So Aki is thinking of him as that fat kid from her childhood?
The next episode will be epic, can't wait to see Aki's face when she will find out the truth.
But i doubt that we will have a closed ending :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 16, 2017 6:33 PM
Mar 2017
does anybody know if this could get a 2nd season?
Mar 16, 2017 6:38 PM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Yeah no, Aki's guard posse is just as annoying as I remember. It's stupid to claim that you're protecting her, have you even asked if she wanted you to act as a guard? Urgh why

Looks like they'll end the series exactly where I thought, which is sorta disappointing. They saved the nice climax of this arc for next ep, but we probably won't ever see the end of the story unless this gets another season.
Whoahoho said:
WTF, did Kujuuro made any references that he is actually a girl, when he bumped into Neko?
Uh if you're asking if Kojuro made any implications that he's actually a she, then no, he didn't? Sorry might be misunderstanding what you wrote there

Takamura-sama said:
Did the anime skip a lot of stuff in general? If that's the case I'm going to read from the start.
This anime is really good so I want to know everything.
I'd say you should just read from the start. The anime honestly doesn't skip a whole lot of content but there's nothing wrong with getting all the small details by starting from the beginning.

Foorack said:
Honestly in my opinion this anime has been near-unwatchable since the introduction of Fat Masamune. Really looking forward to the last ep to see what happens now.
Tbh I completely understand, I couldn't bear to read the manga when it got to this point, and only picked it up again when there were 15+ chapters released since the last time so that I could near-guarantee that this part would be over by then. I also don't think you'll be very satisfied with the ending spot, assuming most of us have predicted correctly.

Kryki said:
I was hoping for a rushed episode so we would se the

I can't believe they're gonna end it with it instead.. or right after more likely. this adaption will end at a bad place most likely.
Ikr, @Huex3 and I have been constantly debating over where the anime intended to finish, and we've both expressed, as well as @Olem that it's a really awkward spot to end at, and a fairly disappointing spot a well. Though Huex3 has proposed that they might rearrange events to gloss over most of
just to finish at the recent chapter, though I highly doubt that. Either way though, whether they skip or finish where we expect I don't think it'll be satisfying either way for me.

Wait no, I meant that they will end it at ch. 35 with some hints on future arcs. That's the best stopping point they have because this needs to end with an explosion or at least it has to make sense.

Right now they can finish school festival arc with half of the episode (or 1/3) and the remaining time can be anime original. This is just speculation.
Mar 16, 2017 7:30 PM

Oct 2012
Nice preparation episode. Can't wait for the actual play in the last part. Funny, Nisekoi also ended with theatre play.
Mar 16, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Interesting to see more of the imposter's motivations.

She's actually doing it without the prince? She's definitely got guts.
Mar 16, 2017 8:49 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Very clever of Yoshino to lock that fat kiddo away. And it was very considerate of Neko to help Makabe rest in the Nurse's Office. Yoshino and Neko are my favorite girls in this series. Aki's 3 lackeys are annoying especially the tall 1st-year.

Mar 16, 2017 9:49 PM

Jan 2013
better than last week..still hate Aki's followers and the fact that Aki suddenly have to correct herself in names continuously
Mar 16, 2017 10:44 PM

Jan 2015
Now that Masamune's mom said it, I wonder what will really happen if the Death flag really raised and "The Main Character" really die? XD
Now it's just for who will be the first person get saved and they'll be the winner. Masamu... I mean Kanetsugu. Or Makabe. But will it be that easy?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 16, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
Utterly disappointed. I would have rather they rushed this segment to get us to the true end of the manga, but instead they're pulling a Nisekoi Season 1 on us.... The worst part is, there isn't even enough content between this and the rest of the manga for an entire season 2. At best we get a 1 hour long movie for the true ending.... Ugh... I guess we're not gonna get the true revelations next week then.

What a mess...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 16, 2017 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:
Wait no, I meant that they will end it at ch. 35 with some hints on future arcs. That's the best stopping point they have because this needs to end with an explosion or at least it has to make sense.

Right now they can finish school festival arc with half of the episode (or 1/3) and the remaining time can be anime original. This is just speculation.
Oops, my bad. Yeah overall I don't think I'll be satisfied no matter how they finish this, but that has more to do with the fact that I've read the source material than actual expectations at this point

Yeah, my thoughts as well, they'll wrap up the play arc and then leave a vague ending with a message of 'it's not over, go read the manga'
I think they'll just show the aftermath, the dance and then probably conclude around there with SoL shenanigans to fill up the time
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 17, 2017 1:14 AM

Jun 2008
These past 2-3 episodes have been TERRIBLE!!!

At first I thought this anime was going to be really shallow...but to my surprise it was pretty decent.

But any good graces have evaporated in these final episodes...what a shame really.
Mar 17, 2017 2:02 AM

Jun 2016
Oh God Aki's female friends are even worse in this episode than the previous. They're annoying, being a total jerk to Masamune for no valid reason, and just a great waste of screen-time. I hate them so much (Especially the one with glasses), that I didn't hate the fat kid that much anymore.

The other stuffs in this episode is fine, but Aki's female friends literally turn this episode into nothing but another cringe-fest.
Mar 17, 2017 2:13 AM

Jun 2014
Grand finale next week, hope it delivers cus this anime is so good

except the bodyguards......
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2017 2:16 AM

May 2015
nerdokingoftrash said:

It's not NTR. Do you even know what NTR means?

Mar 17, 2017 2:24 AM
Dec 2014
InceptionLoop said:
gust11 said:

To be honest, the climax of the festival arc is pretty useless, maybe a bit useful to further the plot for the Paris arc but nothing more.

The entire festival arc feels like a set up actually. Also maybe to introduce that Neko x Kojuurou and to show how much Aki actually likes old fat Masamune.
Mar 17, 2017 4:02 AM

Jul 2009
So Gasou's family is broken...
Aki is going to play both roles...but Masamune will go and join her to play the prince.
Mar 17, 2017 4:27 AM

Oct 2015
I am liking where this is ending at, definitely make sense. It hard to pick between Yoshino, Aki and Trap-kun ;o
Mar 17, 2017 4:35 AM
Mar 2015
Too many things to resolve in this last episode I'm afraid they won't have time unless they rush it or make the whole school play scene not more than 2 mins long. I'm scared they will just make the play scene 10 minutes and then rush everything else leaving many questions unanswered with some bs ending basically telling you to go buy the manga if you want everything resolved which would piss me to no end.

I absolutely hate it in animes when something is caused by pure misunderstanding, or someone lying, like it's fine if it goes on for an episode but making it the main story before the anime ends is kinda disappointing. Otherwise great anime before fatty came around, sadly they'll probably butcher the ending.
Mar 17, 2017 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
Sad.. I like this anime but I can already tell the ending isn't going to be what I want.
Mar 17, 2017 5:24 AM

Oct 2012
InceptionLoop said:
To be honest, the climax of the festival arc is pretty useless, maybe a bit useful to further the plot for the Paris arc but nothing more.
Yeah can't really argue there, it only sets up for the Paris arc and potentially gives the audience some sort of consolation to help them cope with Gasou
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 17, 2017 5:25 AM

Feb 2008
That time Masamune tried to kill a person, good thing she fell in the fountain right? What a great joke, just like Looney Toons!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 17, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2016
I can quite guess how it will end... and I am quite disappointed by how this anime turn... seriously, I thought it will very great at start.
IerakasMar 17, 2017 6:53 AM
Mar 17, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2014
This episode crashed my rating for this anime from 7 to 5. Not a very fun episode. I was putting up with the main characters because I expected them to soften up eventually, but they are still rotten to their core. Masamune is just a huge douche, it's pretty hard to root for him.
Mar 17, 2017 9:05 AM

May 2009
ECW28 said:
Honestly, I don't see how this can end satisfyingly without a second season already planned. As someone pointed out on Reddit (I believe), the mangaka might not be releasing Chapter 40 yet in order to extend it so a second season gets produced. God knows, there's PLENTY of side stories for them to adapt as well.

Stop believing retards from reddit. Mangaka has no power to do such thing.
Mar 17, 2017 9:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And now we reach the penultimate episode of this series and the stakes are pretty high.
Whoever gets the most votes would get to dance with Aki afterwards. With that kind of prize as well as Masamune's plan this should be most interesting.

Hmm well it seems that Tae really is taking this play seriously with her being the director of the play as well. This is going to be fun. Poor Kojuurou though being forced into such a role. Tae really has a scenario that she wants acted out to perfection eh. Neko is the very image of a beautiful girl though. Neko is both kind and pretty so its no surprise that she's so popular though. Lol Masamune getting interrupted by his rival as he searches for Kojuurou. Lol Masamune's comment being used against him by him though. Lol so Masamune's wall slam was seen by his rival as well eh. And being told that its useless lol. Still its nice to see him still be confident and nice and courteous to Masamune as well despite the two being rivals. Lol Masamune noting all that his rival said for future reference. Seems that the council is also working hard to get victory for Kanetsugu as well. Well they have their own motives as well i guess. Tomorrow will be the standoff and the crucial point eh. Despite being enemies Aki and Kanetsugu are actually pretty sweet together. Hmm so the reason why Kanetsugu is doing this is to improve the financial situation of his family eh. Hmm so he apparently does not know that Masamune is actually that guy that he's guarding against. Now this would be interesting. Wow Masamune's mother sure is fast in arriving once she hears that her beloved son is in trouble. Her interactions with Masamune is always so funny. Being trapped in a blanket as a result lol that was hillarious. The school festival sure does lively.

Hmm so both plays are called double snow white eh. But looking at the poster Aki's one looks better even though Kojuurou looks cute. This contest should be good. So Sonoka as VP is the one that announces the start of the festival eh. So to show that he is the very image of healthy eh by exposing yourself to the elements at night. A bad idea actually. That pretty much guarantees that you will catch a cold. But this competition is far more than between a competition between classes though. Lol as Masamune tries to slip away and rest he gets caught by Neko. Its hard to refuse Neko when she's putting that much pressure out eh. Hmm so Neko already figured out that Masamune was ill eh. I guess being constantly ill would allow you to easily see the signs that indicate that someone is ill. Good thing that Neko noticed that though. Neko though is just so nice. Even if Masamune loses he can still dance with Neko at the party instead. Lol Mari padding Aki's costume due to the excess space. Hmm the witch leading the way for Kanetsugu eh. Hmm so Kojuurou likes Neko eh. Its nice to see him trying to improve herself to give himself more of a chance with Neko though. A manly man eh lol. Meanwhile Tae is doing some recon of her own eh. So Masamune got kidnapped eh. Probably by the council eh. Picking a fight with Masamune's muscles eh. But man a kidnapping to ensure that Aki's play wins eh. That sure was unexpected. Lol Tae thinking that Masamune was kidnapped by aliens. Neko's response was equally funny. Meanwhile Kanetsugu has also vanished eh. A double kidnapping eh. As suspected this was Yoshino's plan then. Now both have been kidnapped eh. Man this is going to be fun.
Hmm so Kikuon and Aki were in the same middle school then eh. That was how they met eh. So among the personal guard Kikuon is more of the muscle eh. Now that Masamune is free while Kanetsugu is not the balance of power sure has changed. Mari is cute when she's angry lol. Hmm never expected Aki to attempt the play without the prince though. But from her childhood history though i guess its to be expected. She doesn't have complete trust in males after all. Well in the end at least Masamune managed to get away but man his expression on hearing that Aki had started her play alone was priceless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.