Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 16, 2016 3:47 PM

Apr 2015
Wow I totally forgot about the sealing method. They are really doing a great job with bringing some old parts in from the prequels.
Oct 16, 2016 4:26 PM

Jun 2013
that was an intense start and MAFUBA IS BACK!!!!!
Oct 16, 2016 4:42 PM

Nov 2012
why are they still half assing on the fighting animation.. and why the hell are they bringing up lame containment techniques instead of fighting and defeating the enemy.. this is dragon ball, it's always been about fighting.. i'm guessing the mafuba is gonna fail and they're gonna realize that all they need to do to stop Black is to take off his ring, and then Beerus is somehow gonna destroy the immortal Zamasu..
Oct 16, 2016 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
God they hyped trunks up for a shitty battle. He was packing some heat and it didn't phase Zamasu and Black. Also, WHY DON'T THEY USE SENZUS?????? Goku is legit dying on the floor and Bulma doesn't do anything.

Using the mafuba as a last resort disappoints me. They never needed it before, they shouldn't need it now. I get using some original DB as nostalgia but come ON, it's just pushing the villains back to fight at a later date.
Oct 16, 2016 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
Animation was awful this episode, but was to be expected.
Oct 16, 2016 5:58 PM
Nov 2013
I'm usually not one to whine about the art, but what the fuck was that Chibi Trunks face doing when he powered up vs black and Zamasu ?!

I couldn't take it seriously anymore.
Oct 16, 2016 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm it's a little bit sad. After the last episode and the cliffhanger with Trunks looking like Broly I hoped to see a great battle, but it felt so rushed. And it really seems as it was maybe only a higher form of SS2?

Anyways, so Goku and Vegeta are back in their time and Trunks fighting against Black and Zamasu. I wonder how long he can stand against these 2.
I had never thought in any way about the Mafuba. That pretty exciting because it's such an old but cool technic. Why was Muten Roshi asking Goku about the risks? When God and Piccolo fought against each other back in the normal DB, Piccolo also used the Mafuba and didn't die. So I think also Son Goku with such a high power level won't have any problems.

Oh man Vegeta goes train in the room of spirit and time. Will be interesting to see if he will be stronger after this.

Next episode looks promising but let's see. :)

Oct 16, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2014
My guess is that Black and Zamasu are going to fuse and Goku and Vegeta finally will again too.
Oct 16, 2016 10:34 PM

Feb 2015
Well, why are they going to use that old technique? Is that good? Why they didn't use it against other powerful enemies in the past? How is Trunks fighting with a supersaiyajin form despite Black can defeat Goku in god ssj mode? Trunks is in god mode, then how?
Chi Chi being annoying again, lot of questions and finally I think that if the gods change the past where they choose Zamas as an apprentice, they will create another universe where Zamas is not an apprentice, only that. They are not gonna solve nothing.
Oct 16, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 2014
for fuck's sake..

themanualreader@proton.me
Oct 17, 2016 3:47 AM
Jul 2012
why don't they just send message to future cat god? can't goku even use teleport to go there and tell them?
Oct 17, 2016 3:50 AM
Jul 2012
Atlas77 said:
Well, why are they going to use that old technique? Is that good? Why they didn't use it against other powerful enemies in the past? How is Trunks fighting with a supersaiyajin form despite Black can defeat Goku in god ssj mode? Trunks is in god mode, then how?
Chi Chi being annoying again, lot of questions and finally I think that if the gods change the past where they choose Zamas as an apprentice, they will create another universe where Zamas is not an apprentice, only that. They are not gonna solve nothing.

i like how chichi just act like a worried mom instead of all the save the world stuff, nice to have someone break the mood. with trunks, it is probably that this is dbs which is very mucb comedy and making fun of previous seasons so they just give him power because he is angry and screams a lot, dbs don't need logic. dbs is almost like a parody or something not meant as a serious sequal.
Oct 17, 2016 9:59 AM
Nov 2009
That was dirty what they did to Piccolo lol.
Oct 17, 2016 12:02 PM
Nov 2013
puzzlemaster said:
why don't they just send message to future cat god? can't goku even use teleport to go there and tell them?

Dunno if you got the memo, but they're all dead in the future. Black and Zamasu are the only gods remaining in that timeline.
Oct 17, 2016 1:52 PM
Mar 2016
WTF is up with this show?

- Piccolo or Roshi should do the Mafuba NOT Goku! Make sensible use of the old characters.
- Everyone's sitting and no one mentions fusion? Hello?
- I thought room of time and spirit got destroyed when fighting Boo?

Sheesh...
Oct 17, 2016 4:08 PM
Aug 2016
it was super cool but the whole thing with goku get that new move was way to short.
Oct 18, 2016 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
Starting to think several things... I do not think the author wants us to use our brains and it's very agonizing cuz codepushr made a good point on using old characters but author is practically going nah....

-Any talk of fusion is no where in sight, Goten and Trunks would of obviously done that if Bulma let them fight Black but then again Goku and Vegeta did not practice fusion since they used those earrings so they would need to do it on the spot or train...
-Kaio-ken is no where in sight... which I thought was used in the fight with Beerus? Can't recall.
-No point at all in Goku forgetting to bring the senzu beans to not be used in the 2nd fight.... and looked like there's was a ton of it when he gave it to what's her name?
-Vegeta god mode is totally useless and was upstaged by his son, seriously what is up with this? His son is able to stand on his own and Vegeta can't? Huh?.... and adding to insult as if the author wants to make it known how much he hates Vegeta by having his own wife talk down and saying to Trunks and Goten that Goku will beat Black.

Also Goku was stabbed (big stab too and) not once but multiple times.... come on smh.... the storyline has been decent but all of this inconsistency is ruining things. I am hoping that the mafuba doesn't work that's all I want to see.
Oct 18, 2016 9:29 AM

Mar 2008
I reallly hope that vegeta is the one that kick the ass of Black and Zamasu... they all makes Vegeta a second hand character... even his wife...
Oct 18, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2015
kinda disapointing episode after being super hyped at the end of the last one.
animation was terrible lol
but still interesting, didn't tought that they would bring up something like the mafuba ..
Oct 18, 2016 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
Quite the episode...so Gowasu will be travelling to the future, I wonder just how that'll go. And Mafubu is back! Though poor Piccolo didnt get to show it xD
Oct 18, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2014
the action were ok, but the part with chichi were boring and annoying. they are making her very annoying, dunno why.so they are trying to use the seal technique that were used on king Piccolo on those guys. I feel like they are going to fail. LOL. Gotta say Goku learn fast. It would take ages before he learned a technique in good old times. They sure love to speed it up.

And I am still wondering why Goku won't use his new sayan form that he used against Hit. I know it takes lot stamina from him, but it's weird that this hasn't come up to them. Instead they want to use a sealing technique. I hope it won't work because that would be a boring ending of the match. ^^

anyways, more of trunks and mai against black and zamasu in next ep. and Vegeta is gonna fight again. now that's gonna be interesting. I wonder how he will keep them in check cause they outmatch him. I really wonder what he will do:
Oct 19, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2014
I turned up the volume to max because I thought Piccolo was gonna say Metamoran Fusion... damn. Great they brought back Mafuba!

The comedy with Chi-chi was pretty cringe, tbh.
Oct 19, 2016 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
I was just thinking "why don't they just seal them as majin bu or garlic". And well, it happened lol. Seems too easy though. Good thing Vegeta is in training, and does goku have god of gods' call button still? Might be useful, even through time.

Also, why are there 3 zamasu?
Oct 19, 2016 6:57 PM
Jul 2008
A real mixed bag of an episode for me. Trunks's new form was kind of a letdown. Goku was more impressive last week with his rage attacks. Also, them going back and forward through time is getting a little boring and redundant. As for the mafuba technique, I'm fine with them sealing up Zamasu cause he's immortal, he won't die no matter what. He got impaled by Trunks's sword and and Goku blasted his head off and still couldn't beat him. I just ask that we get one last good fight with Black before the arc is over. That's all I ask.
arnoldc64Oct 19, 2016 7:05 PM
Oct 20, 2016 3:55 AM
Jul 2012
Dregora said:
puzzlemaster said:

Dunno if you got the memo, but they're all dead in the future. Black and Zamasu are the only gods remaining in that timeline.

i thought they said it was their plan to kill all the other gods not that they already done it. just how did they kill beerus? his fighting strenght far surpasses goku's so he should also be stronger than black and even if he weren't he have his power of destruction which isn't about strength just simply his heavenly authority to destroy everything and anyone, so just by saying a word he could destroy black and then even if he can't destroy zamasu with his immortal body (not sure how that would work) he is so weak he could never do anything against beerus and even if he could whis is even stronger and then after whis there are still many more all the way up till zen-chan so there is no way they could have killed all gods. even if they used the balls to wish everyone were dead then it probably wouldn't work since i doubt that the one that created the balls is stronger than zenou-sama. so i don't see any problem with sending a message
Oct 20, 2016 7:43 AM
Nov 2013
puzzlemaster said:
Dregora said:

i thought they said it was their plan to kill all the other gods not that they already done it. just how did they kill beerus? his fighting strenght far surpasses goku's so he should also be stronger than black and even if he weren't he have his power of destruction which isn't about strength just simply his heavenly authority to destroy everything and anyone, so just by saying a word he could destroy black and then even if he can't destroy zamasu with his immortal body (not sure how that would work) he is so weak he could never do anything against beerus and even if he could whis is even stronger and then after whis there are still many more all the way up till zen-chan so there is no way they could have killed all gods. even if they used the balls to wish everyone were dead then it probably wouldn't work since i doubt that the one that created the balls is stronger than zenou-sama. so i don't see any problem with sending a message

Do you remember how they said that each God of destruction has an opposite, god of creation? For our unvierse, this is the Supreme Kai. Kill the Supreme Kai and you kill Beerus.

They haven't enlightend how they killed Whis or omni king. It's very possible they don't meddle in these affairs. They haven't really told us much though. But they killed Beerus by killing the Kaioshin.
Oct 20, 2016 7:44 AM
Nov 2013
codepushr said:

- Piccolo or Roshi should do the Mafuba NOT Goku! Make sensible use of the old characters.

Sheesh...

Room of spirit and time got rebuilt by Dende, he also made sure that there's no time limit on it anymore, so they can train as much as they want.
Oct 21, 2016 10:19 AM
Jul 2012
Dregora said:
puzzlemaster said:

Do you remember how they said that each God of destruction has an opposite, god of creation? For our unvierse, this is the Supreme Kai. Kill the Supreme Kai and you kill Beerus.

They haven't enlightend how they killed Whis or omni king. It's very possible they don't meddle in these affairs. They haven't really told us much though. But they killed Beerus by killing the Kaioshin.

oooh... completely forgot about that, it certainly makes it easy to kill beerus. whis on the other hand looks like he might sit back and enjoy the show but zenou would probably do something cnsidering how he destroyed a few universes in the past because someone did something he didnt approve of and if what zamasu is doing isn't something he doens't approve of then i don't know what is.
Oct 22, 2016 3:06 AM
May 2011
sigh, sad that they fusion didn't even get a mention.

not even from freaking trunks and goten.

"Hey dad, there's this really powerful technique that you yourself taught us to beat majin buu, why don't you use that?"
Oct 27, 2016 2:25 AM

Oct 2008
So "The Mafuba" is the key!?
LOL at the turtle, Goku used that turtle as a test subject!
5/5.

Nov 6, 2016 8:58 AM

Dec 2015
I "like" how Trunks is barely hurt from someone way above him in terms of power when he was so damaged against androids around his own strength. (another example: Goku SSJ2 VS Bejita SSJ2, and I can go on...)
And do they need to spare senzu again? Because Goku seemed in bad shape, lying on the ground like that.

Mafuba: aren't you supposed to... like.. die to be able to generate a wave strong enough to trap an ennemy stronger than you? Or is it only to trap the immortal one?

1.5-/5 because it is always nice to see Mutenroshi again, asking for "pichi pichi girls".

Note: wouldn't the Kaiô Shin technique used to seal Buu be a better choice?
Nov 12, 2016 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
1. So the Zamasu in the future is the Zamasu from this timeline? But Beerus destroyed him, how could he still make a wish?
2. Why does Trunks fight them "right now"? They have a time machine, they could just travel to the same point where they left the future. I get the feeling time machine is the wrong name for that thing, it more seems to be a timeline-machine.
3. And while it was cool to hear about the Mafuuba again, it's a technique designed to seal demons away.. How is it supposed to work against a god?
Nov 13, 2016 3:14 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Finally, Chichi and Goten are on the scene. It's really late though.
Also turtle abuse. :CCC

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 16, 2016 10:42 AM

Feb 2008
Gator said:
1. So the Zamasu in the future is the Zamasu from this timeline? But Beerus destroyed him, how could he still make a wish?
2. Why does Trunks fight them "right now"? They have a time machine, they could just travel to the same point where they left the future. I get the feeling time machine is the wrong name for that thing, it more seems to be a timeline-machine.
3. And while it was cool to hear about the Mafuuba again, it's a technique designed to seal demons away.. How is it supposed to work against a god?

The thing is that he already made that wish in the future of that timeline, which is why Black exists. They prevented his creation but the time ring allowed him to still exist. Wouldn't be surprised if that time ring played a role in defeating him.

codepushr said:

Sheesh...

It would be nice fanservice, but do you seriously think Muten Roshi could survive an encounter with Black/Zamasu? It was already good enough that Muten Roshi ended up training Goku again after 30 years. That was reasonable fanservice that's not dumb like his appearance in the Golden Frieza arc.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 21, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2016
Just how old are those 3 friends of Trunks to know about King Picollo?
Dec 11, 2016 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
Wtf is up with trunks skipping some levels, I guess he is like vegeta XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 8, 2017 10:16 AM

Dec 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Beerus one day gets tired if Bulma's shit and blasts her into pieces.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 13, 2017 5:41 PM

Dec 2008
Its just getting more nonsensical and full of melodrama....*sighs *
Nov 3, 2017 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
Nice episode. It's good to see references to the first Dragon Ball.
Jan 7, 2018 8:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Goku has to learn the "Mafuba" technique to defeat Zamasu, but i think it´s the solution!!!!
Aug 11, 2019 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
Trunks got dem Broly eyes.
They going back to the past again. lol
Vegeta stopped Bulma from hitting Beers which in turn would cause the destruction of Earth.
Beers is leaving like that's none of my business.
Goten. Now they want to show him.
Trunks knocks.
Kuririn with Chichi and Gohan.
jiiiiii.
Chichi spots Goten.
LMAO at Bulma keep saying Goku will defeat them and it keeps hurting Vegeta.
Chichi and Gohan arrive.
Goku appears.
Gohan realizes why Trunks never asked his pathetic ass for help.
lol at Chichi saying twice, especially when Goten was killed.
Mafuba?
Piccolo Daimao. lol at DB Mai.
lol at Goku asking Muten Roshi instead of Piccolo who was going to show him.
Poor Kame.
Beers goes to Gowasu.

Interesting that Future Mai looks different from DB Mai even though they are the same person. Also, first episode where we have Goku, Goku Black, Goten, and Gohan, who are all voiced by Nozawa in the same episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 31, 2021 4:31 AM

Jun 2019
Just looking forward to what they're going to do next.
Dec 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Nov 2020
About time Trunks did more fighting in the future again.
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Jan 2021
Mabufu do be a big wave
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.