Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Nov 5, 2016 7:17 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 12:
I was expected to be Felt, from the moment that Reinhard took her hostage, after see the emblem.
Priscilla look like the typical spoiled kid.
Ferris, he is a man, even though i think it was a girl with his cat ears and nyaruhodo thing.
Rem really trust in Subaru, he totally gained her.
Seems like a good arc so far.

4/5
Nov 19, 2016 9:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Felt is the surprise!!!
Jan 8, 2017 8:31 PM

May 2014
The real question is, which one of these candidates is anime Trump?

Jan 10, 2017 7:00 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit I only realized up until the end lol but its cool felt got the last spot. Funny how things progressed I can't tell wtf is happening.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 17, 2017 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
REINHARD! what's his grandpa doing as a carriage driver though?
the Felt part came out of the left field, because there was no way i was suppose to guess she was one of the priestess candidates. i thought she was a bastard or something of the late king.
Feb 3, 2017 4:16 AM

Jul 2013
Good thing Emilia and Roswaal didn't think Subaru was a double agent when they saw him enter the castle with another candidate. OR maybe they do suspect him. IT was really a dumb thing to do.

What was Reindhert thinking?
Feb 5, 2017 4:53 PM
Aug 2014
Always nice if you ask someone to trust you and then do to exactly what you asked them not to do. This will surely affect their relationship.

So all candidates have knights supporting them except Emilia, awfully convenient.
Mar 26, 2017 2:26 PM

Jan 2016

Oh man, am I the only one who finds Crusch Karsten insanely attractive? I don't know, maybe it's just her clothing and attitude.

Anyway, it's very interesting how it seems to be a prerequisite for the dragon's priestess to be female. What position does she hold relative to "the dragon"? I thought the dragon was only a myth, not reality...but maybe it is still a myth since it was only a change in the writing of the "prophecy".

Subaru is so freaking dense, going out there. Also, ehm, I don't really like how he willingly hitched a ride with the girl in the red dress. Wasn't it apparent by what she said what was going on? I mean, Subaru knew that Emilia had rivals. Now it looks like he is advocating Ms. Red Dress' path to the throne. Way to go.

And uh... Felt?! o_o THAT'S what he wanted her for...? But why? Do priestesses need to have amazing thievery skills? Haha
primaskiMar 26, 2017 2:39 PM
Mar 27, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
primaltare said:

Oh man, am I the only one who finds Crusch Karsten insanely attractive? I don't know, maybe it's just her clothing and attitude.

Not, you are not the only one. Not for nothing she is the best girl of the series.
Apr 22, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Let the politics begin!
Really curious how Reinhard got Felt to become a candidate for the queen's position or why ...
Jun 20, 2017 10:30 PM

May 2016
HAhahahahah I had a feeling about she will be the 5th candidate.
Jul 7, 2017 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
Rem with the assist.
lol at Subaru's face when Julius kissed Emilia's hand.
lol at Subaru's tongue.
Dat oppai.
Dat slam.
She is fine.
jiiii.
jiiii.
lol at hitchhiking.
Dat oppai. She is so fine.
Her name is Priscilla.
Emilia sees Subaru.
LAWD! DAT OPPAI!
All females?
Reinhard!
Felix is a trap.
Dat kansai dialect.
LMAO at that wrong guess.
Dat Priscilla oppai. So lovely.
Dat oppai.
I knew that would happen with Felt. It was obvious from when Reinhard took her. Felt's life took a total 180.

Priscilla won my heart. She is so fine.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 19, 2017 10:05 AM

Feb 2013
So is subaru an idiot or just stupid?

If emilia says stay put.. i don't think it's the best idea to sneak out then also arrive together with her competitor
Jul 19, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2010
Draknalor said:
So is subaru an idiot or just stupid?

If emilia says stay put.. i don't think it's the best idea to sneak out then also arrive together with her competitor

Look at scene where he's having his internal monologue after she leaves the hotel. He's not doing it for no reason. That is unfortunately side-effect of him being unable to tell anyone about RBD, so his options are limited on how to approach things.
Iron_MawJul 19, 2017 11:16 AM
Aug 10, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2013
lol Y. Felt ain't no royal type xD
Sep 10, 2017 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Homeless orphan Felt is fifth pretender to the throne - *slow clap applause*.

Five pretenders for KING throne are girls... Am I the only one who can easily see a little problem here since KING is a male rank, it's not a QUEEN obviously. It will be funny if in the end things turn up and one of pretenders will become a Dragon priestess only for Dragon desire - wife role or she will be sacrificed somehow, eaten for example (reminds me Broken Age). But I need enough strength to watch this anime even more, for now it's more and more looks like romantic drama about princess and beggar - so different social positions bla-bla-bla thing.
Sep 30, 2017 5:37 PM

Apr 2017
Gotta drop this anime now. It's shallow, boring, loaded with clichés and has a very annoying overdramatic MC. I have no idea what people see in this. Maybe the 15 year old me would enjoy it more, I don't know.
Oct 5, 2017 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
DAFUQQQQQ WAS THAT ENDING! HUH!
Oct 7, 2017 1:45 AM

Feb 2017
zodd0 said:
It's shallow, boring, loaded with clichés and has a very annoying overdramatic MC.
Please explain, i'm curious.
Nov 8, 2017 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
seems Felt was long lost child of royalty that's why he took her with him back then

Emilia & Subaru have surprise of their life seeing her as last candidate XD

PrimeX said:
Good thing Emilia and Roswaal didn't think Subaru was a double agent when they saw him enter the castle with another candidate. OR maybe they do suspect him. IT was really a dumb thing to do.

What was Reindhert thinking?

Emilia insecurity lies with romance, she likes him & this are new feelings for her & she doesn't know how to deal with all thi so she tells him to stay there, neither of them thin that way

second reason she want to keep him out of the political stuff
Sugram22Nov 8, 2017 7:44 AM
Nov 12, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2016
That Nyan Nyan character is a trap. Jeez. I thought her butler is the Felix, but he's the Felix. Haha.

"Subaru-kun is cute." Aww, Rem. :3

That Julius guy who's apparently one of the guards/knights kissed Emilia's hand. Hahaha. Subaru's reaction killed me. Lmao.

It's nice to see Old Man Rom again. Waaah.

Jesus. No wonder Felt's been missing. That reveal, though. So, Felt is the dragon's priestess, the fifth and final candidate for the throne. What. How? Haha.

Felt so nice seeing these characters again after those dark episodes. Jeez.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 27, 2017 10:01 PM
May 2017
Finally, we get to see Daddy Felix.

Also, I like the subplot about the selection for queen.
Jan 8, 2018 3:49 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is unlike the episodes that have happened before this. The story has taken a huge leap forward after all the events that have taken place before.

I can't stop but feel amazed by the detailed and colorful backgrounds! Also, there are quite a lot of new and definitely important characters! Including the furry tap that was once a huge meme

Seeing some stranger (Subaru) becoming a close butler beside the potential future ruler (Emilia) is definitely an extraordinary sight to behold...

Seeing a thief (Felt) (who once stole an item of significant value) who's both young and pretty much uneducated to be a potential future ruler is ANOTHER LEVEL OF EXTRAORDINARY!!!
ShadowkillZJan 8, 2018 3:53 AM
Feb 9, 2018 3:19 AM

Dec 2010
So, when is Balse dying? My, my, what a twist of events. Plot sure is thickening.
Mar 10, 2018 11:37 AM

Dec 2014
Emilia talks to Subaru like a puppy lmao

"Just stay home and wait for me a like a good boy" lmao
Sep 16, 2018 5:57 PM
Dec 2014
Well, once I learnt that Emilia was a contender for the throne, I figured that Felt was either going to show up again as a contender, or killed off for being a contender. Felt's dream of leaving the hoodlum seem to have come true, but she doesn't look that comfortable.

It appears that each contender have a personal knight, so I am guessing that Subaru will end up as Emilia's knight.. even though he is more of a hindrance than anything right now. Frankly speaking I don't like how he completely ignored Emilia's wishes. Sure he means well, and the plot will ensure that it works out in his favour, but I do think he is a bit selfish right now. He may be the one to initiate a good deed, but so far he always need someome do most of the grunt work and / or save his skin. He is kind of lucky that the people around him value his intentions and even feel sorry / sympathy / admiration for it, but as a viewer, I can not rate those actions highly. It would be different if he was reliable and capable. As he is, I would have preferred it if he listened to Emilia (instead of worrying her - and I feel that at the moment Emilia is treating him like a kid -because- he is not reliable and can not be trusted to behave; I am sure that later on she will develop deeper romantic feeling, but hopefully not before he grow up a lot more), and use the time he has with Rem to.. not flirt around but upgrade some skills (I am not sure if Rem can really help him with combat or magic training, but he could have asked). Of course I am sure that the next episode will reveal something that will make his decision worthwhile for plot reason.

@mozgow (continuation from chat in episode 8)

Thanks, I will see how interested I am to know what happens next by the time I finish this season. As of this episode I feel like the series has some good moments, I like some of the premises, the lore, though hardly touched on has potential, and the MC doesn't annoy me enough to drop the series.. and since I have seen some improvements I am hopeful.

When you talk about story arcs, is the first day in the capital considered a separate arc to the mansion arc? It would make sense since they are different events, but they are both kind of short (or feel that way because of the restarts), it would mean that whatever is starting now is going to be as long as the first two arcs out together.
Sep 17, 2018 12:08 AM

Jul 2014
AxBattler said:
When you talk about story arcs, is the first day in the capital considered a separate arc to the mansion arc? It would make sense since they are different events, but they are both kind of short (or feel that way because of the restarts), it would mean that whatever is starting now is going to be as long as the first two arcs out together.
Yes, a day in the capital was the first arc, events at the mansion were the second, and what's starting now is the third.
Arc 4 (the one with answers) is almost as long as these three combined.
Nov 10, 2018 7:12 PM

Aug 2018
ahhhh yes!! happy to see felt again :-)
Mar 15, 2019 8:14 AM
Aug 2018
"Give me reason to trust you."

And Subaru immediately disobeys her. And then he acts like he couldn't even imagine what was happening in the palace.

I really get the feeling that he is just an idiot. The way he acts as if Emilia was his destined one is also annoying.

I keep comparing him to Kazuma from Konosuba who is a way more likable character. Sigh.

Edit:
And yeah, that ending was not really surprising.
Reinhard said that only chosen ones could touch that signia, thus it's no surprise that he took Felt with her after she casually stole it.
tr25a3Mar 15, 2019 8:48 AM
Mar 15, 2019 8:19 AM
Oct 2018
tr25a3 said:
"Give me reason to trust you."

And Subaru immediately disobeys her. And then he acts like he couldn't even imagine what was happening in the palace.

I really get the feeling that he is just an idiot. The way he acts as if Emilia was his destined one is also annoying.

I keep comparing him to Kazuma from Konosuba who is a way more likable character. Sigh.

Bro, I hated subaru these next episodes are so, but it'll work out trust me.
Apr 13, 2019 3:51 AM

Jan 2016
Woah, I did not expect Felt to be one of the candidates. great episode as always.
Apr 20, 2019 8:54 PM

Jun 2015
felt.. girl, what is you doing?
May 5, 2019 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
-A new challenger appears,m and it's Felt of course.

-Subaru has a way of making connections lol, although tbh the encounter with Priscilla in the alleyway was quite contrived and being able to hitchhike with her as his way into the castle was also much too convenient.

-Way to upset Emilia, Subaru. She already told you not to follow her, and here you are going against the wishes of the one you proclaim to love and enter alongside her rival. Smh.

-Emilia developing feelings for Subaru.

-Priscilla's knight looking out for her when raising his hand and saying he didn't know. Perhaps she actually didn't know the full details and he was taking the hit as to not make her seem ignorant XD Or maybe he really didn't know and she was too carefree and inconsiderate.

-Dragon's Priestess eh?

-Will Emilia and Felt form an alliance? Doubtful that Felt actually wants to be the next ruler.
ZeroDragonMay 5, 2019 3:38 PM
May 5, 2019 11:22 PM
May 2017
ZeroDragon said:
-A new challenger appears,m and it's Felt of course.

-Subaru has a way of making connections lol, although tbh the encounter with Priscilla in the alleyway was quite contrived and being able to hitchhike with her as his way into the castle was also much too convenient.

-Way to upset Emilia, Subaru. She already told you not to follow her, and here you are going against the wishes of the one you proclaim to love and enter alongside her rival. Smh.

-Emilia developing feelings for Subaru.

-Priscilla's knight looking out for her when raising his hand and saying he didn't know. Perhaps she actually didn't know the full details and he was taking the hit as to not make her seem ignorant XD Or maybe he really didn't know and she was too carefree and inconsiderate.

-Dragon's Priestess eh?

-Will Emilia and Felt form an alliance? Doubtful that Felt actually wants to be the next ruler.

something that the anime skipped over, but was revealed in the LN/manga is that
May 6, 2019 5:38 AM

Jul 2014
@ZeroDragon
Anime has omitted one more thing.

May 6, 2019 8:06 PM

Apr 2014
Interesting that the anime decided to exclude those facts even though the source material had revealed them already at this point.
Aug 15, 2019 6:48 AM

Apr 2013
It took me way too long to realize that Felt is the fifth candidate, only realized it once Reinhard stepped forward xD
Aug 29, 2019 7:16 PM

Sep 2017
Man Subaru really pushed it to be in the capital. I figured Emilia would be a bit more annoyed. Anyway pretty strange that Felt is one of the candidates. Just because she stole the royal badge thing? I mean wasn't she only doing that for cash. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Aug 30, 2019 10:15 AM

Jul 2014
@ProofByColor
It was because of the glow when she was holding the insignia.

In one of the earlier episodes Emilia was explaining that the insignia is used as a proof one is valid to be a candidate to the throne.
Aug 30, 2019 11:38 AM

Sep 2017
@mozgow
Yes I knew Emilia explained that. I just didn't know the significance i.e. what the glowing meant or how it even determines said candidate. Tbh I didn't even notice the glowing. Ty tho.
Aug 30, 2019 11:38 AM

Sep 2017
@mozgow
Yes I knew Emilia explained that. I just didn't know the significance i.e. what the glowing meant or how it even determines said candidate. Tbh I didn't even notice the glowing. Ty tho.
Sep 23, 2019 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
A lot of new characters got introduced. Got damn it I really fell for a trap in form of Ferris. She...uhm I mean he looked so cute with these cat ears. Pretty crazy that this old man saw that Subaru died several time just from looking in his eyes. From his name I guess he's an relative of Reinhard?

Emilia definitely was overprotective. I can understand why she's doing it, but she can't think that Subaru would just leave it to that.

Priscilla is an interesting character. I had a feeling about her being one of the candidates for the throne. The other 2 candidates are just the typial type of woman I can't stand. As soon as Reinhard began to speak I knew Felt was the last candidate. That explained the glow of the insignia back when Reinhard took Felt with him.

Nov 18, 2019 9:05 AM

Aug 2018
The start of a new arc oh boy lets see how he will fuck up this time
Mar 14, 2020 5:09 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Felt-sama? Another cliff-hanger
Mar 15, 2020 11:23 AM

Dec 2019
Good episode, didn't expect the 5th candidate to be Felt, things are gettin interesting atm.
                                                         🖤   

May 23, 2020 12:29 PM

Jun 2017
The candidate in Western Kararagi doesn't resemble Emilia unlike the other two. Her eyes are bigger.

I have to commend Subaru's daring though. That is saying something even though it was a bit awkward when Emilia saw him in the castle.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 30, 2020 12:10 PM

Jan 2020
Emilia is better than Rem
Jul 8, 2020 6:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
After such a long tireful run attached with the journey of Subaru's death parade, now its time to resolve the main dished one. A real battle of rivalry among the candidates of the kingdom.

In the capital of the kingdom, they let me met with all of the prospective king candidates of the Kingdom. Emillia was one of them, as i can see by the first arc implification. More shocking moment got everything gone completely intrigued after that. Its Reinhard that announced my loli Felt as the others candidate. Her face expression kinda weird. Then, while another events happened before, its Subaru's girl that he eventually met in the narrow alley. She was a candidate too. A coincidence? Somehow Rom the giant now what happened to Felt, but his explanations got interupted, unfortunately. It seems that girl got attached fast with Subaru. Thanks for his kind attitude as a nice MC. Everything gone crazy. And he just met the guard of knight from one of the candidate, Felix and William van Astrea. So, yeah, everything got more complex in the Subaru's side of view. Could he resolved the whole enmity among the candidates? Or, there were other party that wanted to disturbed the whole procession? Hmm, its so interesting, how well the plot moving up the pace into this point. So, yeah, lets get over this and move up to the other episode.

Also. Damn. Rem was fully changed her attitude toward Subaru. I kinda had a heavy jealousy. But what can i do? Its isekai traditional tradion, so ofc Subaru would get a highly benefit with what he had on that cruel world. He felt death more than once in the day, passed the scary moment, etc. So, yeah, i just try to forgot it, then.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 25, 2020 2:12 PM
Apr 2018
I'm rewatching it from the director's cut and holy shit, I didn't remember Subaru was that annoying and cringy during the entire trip to the Capital. God, it's infuriating to say the least
Sep 28, 2020 1:01 PM

Oct 2013
What I really like about this anime is that it can bring a lot of tension not only from action, but from certain scenes and dialogues.

Felt is the Last candidate to become a ruler, eh? ;D I wonder why Emilia forbid Subaru to go with her.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

34 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:32 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.