Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah good episode, we get some info dumping and bit of action too.

Kinda felt bad for Haku after he got caught in the fight. Some fan service aside, I thought this was one of the more entertaining episodes with some bromance, conspiracy, and plenty of action. Fun. Those monsters were pretty nasty though.
Stark700Nov 21, 2015 9:56 AM
Nov 21, 2015 10:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Those insects were deadly as fuck O_O

Episode felt kind of filler-ish at times but I liked the general aspects of it with Ukon trying to expose some corrupt officials as well as finding out more about his past

But that post credits scene has me very intrigued considering that I'm pretty sure that the old man is human and why do I feel like I should know who this Honoka person is that was with them??

Next episode we get to see Camyu :DDDDD

TokoyaNov 21, 2015 10:17 AM
Nov 21, 2015 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
Can't wait for Uta1's second best girl next week. Love the way they showed the location that Haku ended up near the end. Uta1 viewers/players should already be able to somewhat guess the significance of that.

Overall this was a nice way to learn more about Ukon/Oshutoru and his life and what led him to where he is now, at the same time showcasing more of Yamato's problems and the kind of "war" that a peace brings - war on inside.

And Atui is just the greatest.

4/5

Tokoya said:
why do I feel like I should know who this Honoka person is that was with them??

Not really. It will make sense later on.
Nov 21, 2015 10:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
Can't wait for Uta1's second best girl next week. Love the way they showed the location that Haku ended up near the end. Uta1 viewers/players should already be able to somewhat guess the significance of that.

Overall this was a nice way to learn more about Ukon/Oshutoru and his life and what led him to where he is now, at the same time showcasing more of Yamato's problems and the kind of "war" that a peace brings - war on inside.

4/5

Tokoya said:
why do I feel like I should know who this Honoka person is that was with them??

I gotcha.....In regards to my spoiler tag, is that indeed her?
Nov 21, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2010
The small knacks that Haku has with him wanting to get half of the gold statue.

The insects were quite unpleasant which resembled the likes of centipedes and large hornets. Seeing corruption in such a high official, faintly highlighting that if there wasn't a demand, there can't be much room for corruption.

The pair of siblings seems fun enough, seems like they have really differing personalities. Atui even sank the boat at the end, there really is nothing to stop her, and she makes it see m so easily done too.

If Rurutie were to witness Ukon rescuing Haku, one heck of an author would begin her line of amazing works xD

An old man that listens to people's stories, for a second thought he would be spirited away, the familiarity he has with this place, and enjoying how natural Haku can fit in, just like home.
Nov 21, 2015 10:39 AM
Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

4/5

Who else was the best girl from Uta1? She became more goodie after evolving from a loli.
Nov 21, 2015 10:48 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty good episode overall. I like Haku and Ukon's friendship. Also, manservice.

4/5
Nov 21, 2015 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
Fun ep. The way Ukon just straight up went in front of the guards and punched them was lol

I just love Atui. She's adorable (esp her voice <3) and damn she's strong.

Loving the Bromance between Haku and Ukon.

Also not a single Kana was heard this ep :(
Nov 21, 2015 10:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
BlackPunisher76 said:
Tokoya said:

Who else was the best girl from Uta1? She became more goodie after evolving from a loli.
She was my #4 favorite after true best girls Karura, Touka and Eruruu and tied with Urutori but you do have a point there lol xD
Nov 21, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2011
The more I watch this the more I think Haku is connected to Hakuoro or is Hakuoro or is another split off from him. We all know the only normal human that should be able to walk about in the current world is Hakuoro.

The past couple of episodes of his familiar feelings he gets from the sake and green tea and other such things just keep giving off vibes. Along with this old man who I can only assume is the emperor seems to regard Haku as something important.

Also they are keeping Haku and Kuon's relationship very platonic with them regarding romantic feelings for each other impossible.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Nov 21, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2007
BlackPunisher76 said:

Karura(top1), Kamyu(Top2), Aruru(top3) and Touka(top4) were the best girls after all.
Nov 21, 2015 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode.

Those insects were pretty cool looking.

I wander what the old guy who is probably the emperor knows about haku, and that girl that was with him, gotta wonder how she's connected to haku.

Kamyu and maybe aruruu next episode sweet!
Nov 21, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting episode leading to lots of interesting possibilities, not least the possibility of greater exploration of the politics in Yamato. After all, if Dekonpopo (or whatever it was) is corrupt, whose to say the other generals aren't the same? End credits scene was quite bizzare but also pretty interesting, though they do need to clear up how Haku actually got there to meet that other guy (probably the Emperor) and where that place actually is. Also, am I meant to know who Honoka is? The deja vu Haku felt about her seems to suggest that, but I don't remember anyone like that from the original.

Can't wait for the return of Kamyu and possibly Aruru next week, especially if it leads to an episode as good as episode 6 when Touka and Karura returned.
Nov 21, 2015 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Those insects were pretty cool looking!
Nov 21, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2015
Great episode. I would never want to mess with Ukon, what power, lol. Same goes for Atui, wow. Things got really nasty and bloody once those bugs got out. Can't wait for next episode!

Nov 21, 2015 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
i absolutely love how chill and fun this anime is
:3
Nov 21, 2015 1:09 PM
Aug 2015
i wonder who those people that stole the evidence are,,,,, and how the generals are related to haku´s past
Nov 21, 2015 1:17 PM

May 2015
the lack of kuon interactions are kind of sand this ep
Nov 21, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
KirbyRawr said:
The more I watch this the more I think Haku is connected to Hakuoro or is Hakuoro or is another split off from him. We all know the only normal human that should be able to walk about in the current world is Hakuoro.

We know there were ways created to make it possible, via the copies of the mask, so technically we can never know.

kurikinton said:
the lack of kuon interactions are kind of sand this ep

I like it. It shows us that Itsuwari No Kamen adaptation most likely won't make the same mistake as Utawarerumono 1 adaptation did(where Eruru was shoehorned into all the stuff even if she should not be there)
Nov 21, 2015 1:22 PM

Nov 2012
I'll let it pass that there was little to none Kuon on this episode, but was that thing seriously that heavy that Haku had to drop it. It didn't look that heavy.....
Nov 21, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2012
The bug stuff was fun, but the old man ending was random. Tea serving woman looked like the girl who spanked the princess last week. So more Season 1 characters next time eh? Thanks for the spoilers all! :D
Nov 21, 2015 2:04 PM

Mar 2008
Really quite satisfied with this ep. Well balanced, looked good, and went somewhere. Maybe it's like the rain after a long drought, but I'm finally looking forward to the next episode again.

Gotta love Sakurai Takahiro. Such a sexy voice.

animefan8800 said:
The bug stuff was fun, but the old man ending was random.
Yeah, the post-ED was somewhat jarring with how quick it came up.
Nov 21, 2015 2:27 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode, liked the bromance.

Damn, this show can be brutal when it wants to be, with all these bug stuff lmao :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2015 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
My hopes are up for next episode.
Nov 21, 2015 2:46 PM

Oct 2012
I really wonder when they finally ditch this random story-of-the-week scheme.. it really starts to get really boring and every episode is detached from each other. This one was pretty average again.

At least we got some backstory on Ukon but aside last two minutes there was nothing special this time.

Sigh. Wish this series had some overaching storystory that continued from episode to episode.
Nov 21, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
One of the few people who thought this episode was dreadful. The flow and content of this season is heading downhill so fast... hope it turns around soon. Nothing feels important or even foreshadowing (other than Mito perhaps knowing a thing or two). Season one was as good as it was due to its multithreaded plot which is entirely absent hitherto.

From the preview, return of Kamyu next week? It looked like her silhouette. The title makes me think something is up with Witsuarunemitea...
GileonFletcherNov 21, 2015 3:25 PM
Nov 21, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2013
bugs underground fighting ring of course shit was gonne get fucked up sooner or later
Nov 21, 2015 5:03 PM

Mar 2008
GileonFletcher said:
Nothing feels important or even foreshadowing (other than Mito perhaps knowing a thing or two).
Ukon's backstory? Reappearance of the bugs, reiterating their danger. Discord amongst the generals, Left and Right seemingly on the same page. A little of the underground workings of the capital. Another strong poke at Haku being memory-less? The princess being combat-capable. I mean, it's not really substantial, but I'd say it's foreshadowing.

But I'd agree that none of this seems like core storyline stuff.

GileonFletcher said:
Season one was as good as it was due to its multithreaded plot which is entirely absent hitherto.
You mean the way they took each battle one at a time and gave each cast member a corresponding story moment in good orderly order? Yes, so layered and multidirectional!
CkanNov 21, 2015 5:06 PM
Nov 21, 2015 5:04 PM

Sep 2010
Now there we go! I was little worried after the last episode.

This episode was rather good, I love how Haku is just chilling around endless amount of things that can kill him in a single blow. The fact that he is really just an average lazy guy in the world of overpowerness is so well done. Doing a secret mission... screw that, let's eat some food! :)

Ah, I liked Hakurou from season one but he was always way too serious. This guy however the complete opposite and yet he is lacking in nothing.

Sometimes I even get worry about how carefree he is. Especially that scene after the ending. Suddenly some fog appears and out of it some unknown characters that hide their faces invite him to go through some portal to god knows where. For all I know on the first look it seemed that if Haku refused he would get knocked out and dragged away. The fact that I can't tell whatever he carefree agreed to go rather just to avoid that scenario is what was the best about that scene... although even though Haku does have that second deep, I am pretty sure he hopped to get that tea so he went without a second though.

It turned out okay but is it really fine to follow unknown magical strangers who hide their faces in the savage world like that?

Still my only complain is that scene came out of nowhere... there could be at least some build up to that although my guess is it has to do something with Haku's past and eventually when we will learn it it will be understandable why that old man called for him. That's already hinted by the fact that Haku has dejavu after seeing the tea girl and drinking the tea.
Nov 21, 2015 5:05 PM

Oct 2014
Plot coming soon?

I told you so.
Nov 21, 2015 5:08 PM

Apr 2015
Ckan said:
You mean the way they took each battle one at a time and gave each cast member a corresponding story moment in good orderly order? Yes, so layered and multidirectional!

You'd have to understand the difference between a single threaded and a multithreaded plot. So far, season two is very single threaded and episodic. See Steven Johnson’s book "Everything Bad Is Good For You."
Nov 21, 2015 6:29 PM

Mar 2008
GileonFletcher said:
You'd have to understand the difference between a single threaded and a multithreaded plot. So far, season two is very single threaded and episodic. See Steven Johnson’s book "Everything Bad Is Good For You."

Might you have a page reference, or do I have to read the whole book? As interesting as it does seem, perhaps you could explain the difference for me.

Because you're right in that I don't see much difference between this anime and the first, so far as I understand the counting of 'plot threads.'
CkanNov 21, 2015 6:35 PM
Nov 21, 2015 6:47 PM

Aug 2013
This episode does have a lot action and at the same time it has humor especially from the main character. Best episode yet and you gotta love the bromance in this anime. And at the end of the episode was those two the twins from the opening title? The one with white skin and the other one with light tan skin?
Nov 21, 2015 7:02 PM

Aug 2008
Atui is great. Is that Kamyu in the preview? Excited for next week.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 21, 2015 9:18 PM

May 2009
Finally other human like Haku

Also Atui's stitch
Nov 21, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2007
jose21 said:
I'll let it pass that there was little to none Kuon on this episode, but was that thing seriously that heavy that Haku had to drop it. It didn't look that heavy.....
It's solid gold. A single gold ingot (those bars in movies and what not in case you don't know) weighs 12.4 kg, or about 27 lbs and 5 oz. A typical diver's weight belt, by comparison, usually weighs 12-20 lbs.
Especially when combined with water-soaked clothes, which both weigh one down and hamper movement, it's enough to severely affect buoyancy. Add to that the fact that he's not that strong and can't use his arms while carrying it, and it's hardly a stretch, though the depiction of how it would work is certainly a bit off.

tl:dr
Yes, it is indeed heavy enough to make someone unable to surface while carrying it.

CookingPriest said:
BlackPunisher76 said:

Karura(top1), Kamyu(Top2), Aruru(top3) and Touka(top4) were the best girls after all.
It's already been established in previous threads that Karura is, and always will be, #1. Kamyu and Touka are in strong contention for #2, but if someone only saw the first TV series and never saw the specials or played the game, they're missing some of what makes them so great. In such a case, Aruru is understandable. Especially if they like lolis.

As far as the ep. It was okay. A lot of buildup and a little foreshadowing, but nothing spectacular. The thing that I noticed the most was actually the facial expressions, which frequently looked more than a little bit off.
Nov 21, 2015 9:40 PM

Dec 2014
Well after I watched someof the 2006 series. It has become alittle confusing/////
fight was good. I really like haku easygoing style
Nov 21, 2015 10:47 PM
Oct 2015
This Episode quite good on telling Ukon's past and those insects' history into the pictures, while in the game we've to listen and imagine it lol

And Finally Haku meets "the one important" character for later's arc. More Cases and More Mysteries. (i've finished the game though)

The next episode will be already an introduction for

huh.
though it's "TOO FAST" compared to the game version lol
Nov 22, 2015 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
Eyyy yaoi bromance!! <3
Nov 22, 2015 2:36 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was actually really good. Miles better than the last one, thank god.
Nov 22, 2015 2:52 AM
May 2015
WTF
Nov 22, 2015 3:14 AM

Nov 2007
bastek66 said:

What makes you think like that? As far as I remember, human *ars don't mean anything in uta-world.

They couldn't make it more obvious so...

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 22, 2015 8:17 AM
Oct 2015
shanimebib said:
bastek66 said:

What makes you think like that? As far as I remember, human *ars don't mean anything in uta-world.

They couldn't make it more obvious so...

Well it's true that human race in the Uta-world can't live on since they've became into Slime(Tatari) including the Atmosphere which wasn't suited for human race.

But this guy is the exception, which they'll reveal on later arc why he's the one that has an exact look as human like Haku.

Also the look at his "Ear" already can quess what race he is.
Nov 22, 2015 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Someone noticed that Ukon father looks like Kurou from the first season?...at least in that little flashback

removed-userNov 22, 2015 8:21 AM
Nov 22, 2015 8:21 AM
Oct 2015
PericlesD said:
Someone noticed that Ukon father looks like Kurou from the first season?...at least in that little flashback

Hmm... i think he's like "Genjimaru" though. his body is big.
Nov 22, 2015 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
Ckan said:
GileonFletcher said:

Might you have a page reference, or do I have to read the whole book? As interesting as it does seem, perhaps you could explain the difference for me.

Because you're right in that I don't see much difference between this anime and the first, so far as I understand the counting of 'plot threads.'

Pages 65-84 where it discusses the difference between Starsky & Hutch and the Sopranos.

Tl;dr An anime like Pokémon would be considered a single threaded plot; while there is a general overarching plot, most of the episodes have self-contained plots that rarely have direct influence on each other. It's rare for a character or an event in an earlier episode to have a big role later.

Season one of Utawarerumono, Spice and Wolf, Nagi no Asukara, and especially something like Gosick are multithreaded. Multiple plots, as well as one overarching plot, build continuously over the length of the entire series with significant importance and influence of early events on later events. Ultimately everything is more dynamic... I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say, especially if you've seen any of the other examples.

I'm not saying this season won't be multithreaded in the end, but thus far it feels very single threaded and episodic. I'm hoping it turns around soon and starts showing some of the plot complexity of season one because that's one reason it was so good. It still has potential, but again, I just want something more at this point; season one was rocking hard by this equivalent point.

But in the end, it all comes down to labels which aren't exactly important... so, lol.
GileonFletcherNov 22, 2015 8:50 AM
Nov 22, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2012
ErwinJA said:
jose21 said:
It's solid gold. A single gold ingot (those bars in movies and what not in case you don't know) weighs 12.4 kg, or about 27 lbs and 5 oz. A typical diver's weight belt, by comparison, usually weighs 12-20 lbs.
Especially when combined with water-soaked clothes, which both weigh one down and hamper movement, it's enough to severely affect buoyancy. Add to that the fact that he's not that strong and can't use his arms while carrying it, and it's hardly a stretch, though the depiction of how it would work is certainly a bit off.

tl:dr
Yes, it is indeed heavy enough to make someone unable to surface while carrying it.

I kind of understand. Sure, I would believe for Haku not to be able to do it, but Ukon should have been able to do it. UKon and pretty much all the other non normal human characters have been shown to be way stronger than a normal person.
Also, the way Haku is holding the two pieces of that thing right after it was cut seems unnatural for something that should be quite heavy (The scene were he is holding the pieces with his fingers).
Nov 22, 2015 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
La_Matona301 said:
WTF

yeah ikr
Nov 22, 2015 3:29 PM

Jun 2015
Finally, a good episode! Loved the action, hope they clear some of the confusion soon.
Read Toriko!
Nov 22, 2015 8:57 PM

Oct 2008
I really liked the previous anime (not sure i would call it a previous season), so i was excited for this one, but it is soooo slow and nothing ever happens. It is like a daily life version of the first anime with no emotional highs or lows.

I fully expect the last episode of this anime to have the same feel as the one we just watched based on what we've seen. Although, i suppose in the last few episodes they might start to have a story that goes beyond slow, daily life.

Every episode of this i watch, i ask myself why i am not watching the original instead. The answer is always "because it will eventually explain why i should care about this slow daily life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.