Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, chill episode in the first half.

We got bath scenes, a cute monster, and well Haku sees lewdness LOL
Looks like Kuon got herself into a bit of trouble and ends up being captured. Sigh. Decent action though. The way the episode built up tension and then focused on the conflict was interesting.

Kuon in a nutshell~

Oct 17, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, what a good episode, again.
Did I just see an anime original story?
Did I just see Haku enough-of-this face right in from of kuon doing lewd things?
Oct 17, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
It was a good episode, but it was completely different from the game.
Not the story itself, but more how it was told.

I actually kind of like how it's different but also the same at the same time.
Oct 17, 2015 11:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I could have sworn that Haku was the masked guy lol....That was an interesting twist for me

First half was pretty chill starting with the beginning with the bird and dat awkward silence between Haku and Ukon xD Then the bath scene with Kuon and Haku when he didn't even react at all to seeing her naked xDDD

Rurutie is pretty kawaii....Kinda reminds me of Yuzuha from S1 too which is something that made me smile and this Nosuri girl reminds me a lot of Touka from S1 and given their similarities in appearence I won't be surprised if they're from the same race or even related (I'm assuming that the other dude is Kosuri's brother)...She was pretty cool tho

Overall, it was a good episode, and I enjoyed seeing hwo Ukon played them from the start as well as the funny moments between Haku, Kuon, Rheurutie, the bird and the scholar guy lol

EDIT: Just realized there was a post credits scene but holy shit the capital there is HUGE O_O
TokoyaOct 17, 2015 11:26 AM
Oct 17, 2015 11:07 AM

Nov 2007
I'm pretty sure Haku is the masked guy because of Kuon's face after he left lol.
Oct 17, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2012
That pigeon thing is both cute and badass! :D Another fun outing, action and fanservice on display. Looks like Rurutie's got a thing for Haku. Also, more fanservice seems to be on the way next week. :D
Oct 17, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
Interested in the masked guy. Is it one of Iceman Mask things that were based on original one? I guess the guy must be quite powerful then.

Either way whenever somebody has something to do with all of that, it never ends well so I don't know what to think of this Oshutoru guy or the whole empire Haku has found himself in. I guess we will see as story goes on.

Also from post-credits scene - is Kuon from different country? Would be cool if she is from Tuskuru. Would explain at least partially on how she has Hakuoro's fan and is implied to know the story(her expression after Oshutoru leaves also seems to hint she knows about it).

5/5 for the episode.
Oct 17, 2015 11:21 AM

Jul 2009
This was a slow episode, like the rest of the show so far. Hopefully with the introduction of the new character at the end things will get more interesting.
Oct 17, 2015 11:23 AM
Jul 2015
Lyfa said:
I'm pretty sure Haku is the masked guy because of Kuon's face after he left lol.

But haiku was like right beside her.... lolz
Oct 17, 2015 11:34 AM
Oct 2015
CookingPriest said:
is Kuon from different country? Would be cool if she is from Tuskuru. Would explain at least partially on how she has Hakuoro's fan and is implied to know the story(her expression after Oshutoru leaves also seems to hint she knows about it).

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
sarroushOct 17, 2015 8:59 PM
Oct 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 2015
Nice episode. Glad we didn't get the cliched reaction from Haku after he saw Kuon naked. That scene was hilarious, he just didn't care!
Read Toriko!
Oct 17, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
That is one adorably chubby bird.

The siblings and the mask guy makes viewers look forward to what the capital has to offer.

This remains to be really enjoyable, though I think Kokopo's dislike for Maroro might get old fast, but seeing itevery once in a while wouldn't hurt. Still loving Maroro's efficient cast timers!

The PV... seems it is gonna be a fun.
Oct 17, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
I like how the bandits get ambushed while they are still next to Big Boobs as she tells them she just betrayed them and then cuts the bandits somewhere else and they are wondering where Big Boobs went, like, what? Not to mention they escaped somewhere and were still wondering what was going on even if they were circled by enemies just minutes before.
And the girls were pretty stacked, damn, those clothes really hide them, not Big Boobs tho, her boobs must be really big then.
I also don’t understand exactly why she stalked them while they were bathing, kinda random.
Oct 17, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2012
The bird was seriously cute lol
Oct 17, 2015 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
Just a quick note that this series will probably be more of a sequel to the original game than of the anime adaptation of that game. Since the game was an adult harem/romance and the anime was an all-ages action/drama which nerfed the relationships, there are going to be a couple of continuity holes that they'll either have to ignore or fill if they choose the first anime over the game.

I'd strongly recommend playing the original pc game/VN (it's along the same level of difficulty as Tears to Tiara in terms of strategy/rpg gameplay) if you are comfortable with the eroge component, and if you want to totally understand where this world comes from. The earlier series will give you a base for the politics and world building, but not necessarily the existing relationships between people.

It looks like Haku has already gotten himself a number of fans, some appreciated, some not-so-much.
rodacOct 17, 2015 12:18 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 17, 2015 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
Well, so much for that guy with the mask being Hakuoro then; seems it's just some random guy who'll become important later on.

That bird and Maroro are both quite annoying already, but other than that I had no real complaints about this episode. I wonder who those two figures in the carriage were though; they wouldn't just give a brief glimpse of their shadows like that for no good reason, so they must be fairly important.
Oct 17, 2015 12:18 PM

Aug 2010
Fun ep. Rurutie's voice is so cute. Hard to believe it's the same VA as Sento Izusu O_o
She herself as a character is adorable too. Having all those interactions with Haku and all <3

It's quite refreshing not seeing Kuon jelly and the one who's jelly is that scholar magician guy (what's his name again) lolololol

I do wonder if Kuon will develop feelings for Haku tho? I don't see any romance in the genres.

That bird's so cute too the way it slapped (Scholar guy) was hilarious LMAO

I just love how calm Kuon was with everything that was happening. She's definitely Waifu OTS material <3 Just having her not react violently to Haku seeing her naked was enough but her calmness during all those situations was just the cherry on top. Her fluffy tail is always so much win. love it.

And Dat "I am amused" face after Oshutoru(?) left saying we'll meet again was funny XD
Oct 17, 2015 12:18 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode.....
Lol @ Haku having no reaction after seeing kuon Naked....
That bird was hilarious...
Oct 17, 2015 12:27 PM

Oct 2012
Rurutie was really cute. But the Maroro is still annoying as hell, someone please kill him.

Fanservice was nice I guess. It's nice to know that Kuon isn't really bashful when situation needs it and it is good Haku isn't the type to make big deal of seeing a girl naked.

That mysterious one who was spying on them.. seems like Evenkulga to me.
And... finally some interesting way of thinking to put a plan like that into motion, I knew something was off and Nosuri seem to cooperate with them from a start. I also found it funny how kokopo saved them.

And we finally met the masked one. Oshutoru, another human like Haku? It's very interesting how much they look alike with Haku. Though I have the feeling his mask is just for show and as only put there red herring, we'll see.
The only weird thing in this scene was the fact that he let the princess with them while he could protect her a much better with his army on her way to the capital.
Oct 17, 2015 12:28 PM
Jul 2012
So far so good.
Oct 17, 2015 12:29 PM

Aug 2008
If only it was less childish. They even swapped raptors for birds. I can believe in chivalrous thieves but not checking the cargo or leaving two weaklings with a princess is just bullshit. Also, the moment comic relieve failure dies can't come any sooner. He will surely do something to redeem himself and it will be somewhere at the end, that's how these crappy characters work. Humour in this series is too often really predictable and simplistic if not dumb.

Well, I have to give them credit for not making a shitty blushing and stuttering scene with Haku and Kuon though.

That Hakuoro lookalike cocktease.

Overall, it's pretty mediocre and as expected, worse than the first series. It makes me want to rewatch it instead of finishing this one. Real shame.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 17, 2015 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
Antanaru said:
leaving two weaklings with a princess is just bullshit.
You should have expected this after Ukon decided to leave the guy who couldn't walk for 30 minutes straight, the clown and the medic to go hunt down the monster who just took half of their troops down in the last episode.
Oct 17, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2007
Paulo27 said:
Antanaru said:
leaving two weaklings with a princess is just bullshit.
You should have expected this after Ukon decided to leave the guy who couldn't walk for 30 minutes straight, the clown and the medic to go hunt down the monster who just took half of their troops down in the last episode.

Except that he did that to minimize casualties.

Haku's plan did not require manpower and Ukon clearly was confident in being able to hold off the monster till Kuon gets the Slime.
Oct 17, 2015 12:43 PM
Jun 2015
Fun episode. The bird was dope. Probably my favorite character so far.
Oct 17, 2015 12:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Next episode is probably gonna be good. Lol at Haku not giving a shit about what he saw. Haku might be gay, lol!

4/5
Oct 17, 2015 12:51 PM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
Paulo27 said:

Except that he did that to minimize casualties.

Haku's plan did not require manpower and Ukon clearly was confident in being able to hold off the monster till Kuon gets the Slime.
Except the slime plan only came after, so instead of leaving capable fighter their left basically bait and then the plot kicked in and helped them.
Oct 17, 2015 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Definitely enjoying this new Utawarerumono series. It's keeping pacings like the old one, connecting well, and yet being somewhat refreshed to the modern standard. Very enjoyable blend.

Yeah i was like "wait a sec, what... no way" when the masked guy showed up. That woulda been a pretty epic meet though... Hakuowlo meets Haku II...
Our new amnesiac seems to just be a brainy one, but we don't see much power coming from him. I wonder if he'll end up in some big conflict as well.

There's plenty of hooks laid out, i wonder what will catch :D
GenesisAriaOct 17, 2015 1:36 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
I'm liking this show a lot. It's an old fashioned adventure story. Nothing too innovative/new, but enjoyable nevertheless

Oct 17, 2015 1:43 PM
Oct 17, 2015 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
Ritshiro said:
Chicken MVP.

Nice episode , with that fanservice:D
The bird was hars though , i like the bird.
Oct 17, 2015 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Rurutie's voice is so cute.

That bird is so cute.
Oct 17, 2015 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
God I love this anime even more after watching this episode.I love how cool haku was about seeing koun naked lol.

the guy who has a mask similar to hakuro's showed up, I really wonder what he has to do with hakuro.

And lol at the bird that has a crush on haku (now we just have to hope it turns into a beautiful bird girl)
Oct 17, 2015 2:59 PM

Oct 2014
Lol at that fucking bird xD

Overall, a very good and relaxing ep :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
lmao at haku's reaction to seeing kuon naked

also that bird haha

pretty good episode again
Oct 17, 2015 3:17 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Really loving this show so far, also liking all the characters so far too. Thoroughly enjoying this show. Can't wait for next week!

Oct 17, 2015 3:20 PM

Jul 2009
Well Kokopo's found a man. She loves Haku more than her own master Rurutie.

lol also it's truly become clear that Haku unlike Kuon is not a pervert xD
Oct 17, 2015 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Ultimate215 said:
God I love this anime even more after watching this episode.I love how cool haku was about seeing koun naked lol.

the guy who has a mask similar to hakuro's showed up, I really wonder what he has to do with hakuro.

And lol at the bird that has a crush on haku (now we just have to hope it turns into a beautiful bird girl)

Oct 17, 2015 3:55 PM
May 2009
I felt that Nosuri and her brother were working with Ukon/The Capital from the beginning since her brother was the one who cut the mercenaries free from the carriages and they didn't look surprised at all, more as if they were waiting for that signal. Then there was the night visit which was Nosuri probably going to tell Ukon that "Oy shit is going down tomorrow get everything ready".

I was hoping the masked guy was going to be Hakuoro or at least the king/Emperor, nothing but disappointments there. At first I also thought that Nosuri was going to be Touka what with that same hair color and similar voice. Then I saw her breasts and thought "That can't be right". She doesn't have brother either, I think. Oh well.
Oct 17, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2015
HAKUORO... nope, just some guy named Oshutoru. Looks like he'll have a big part to play in the anime since he's in the OP and all, though.

That bird is totally smitten with Haku... that's hilarious.
Oct 17, 2015 6:33 PM

Oct 2011

And Hakuoro Oshutoru appears gallantly and arrests the thieves. And hopefully they elaborate why Kuon had that expression on her face after Hakuoro Oshutoru left. BTW Kuon, hiding quite a nice bod behind them clothes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 17, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2014
After this episode Im seriously considering jumping from Kuon to Haku x Bird :D Great intro!
Oct 17, 2015 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
Seems to be a double standard for bath house peeking
Oct 17, 2015 7:54 PM
May 2015
CookingPriest said:
is Kuon from different country? Would be cool if she is from Tuskuru. Would explain at least partially on how she has Hakuoro's fan and is implied to know the story(her expression after Oshutoru leaves also seems to hint she knows about it).

actually it looks straight from her natural personality. i don't think her expression meant anything besides "damn right we're going to the capital!" or "wow he's strong, capital must be amazing". she has a similar expression the morning right after the bathroom scene. feels like the animators feel the need to have her show emotions every other scene for service.
Oct 17, 2015 9:11 PM

Mar 2008
A rather dull episode. I wonder if the bandits had a little more to them in the game. I hope we won't have a crammed climax with this series as well.

Bikdu866 said:
After this episode Im seriously considering jumping from Kuon to Haku x Bird

Kokopo has had the best chemistry so far for sure.
Oct 17, 2015 9:37 PM

Aug 2008
Is that Hakuro? Ahh...I can't wait for last season cast to return. What really happen to the rest of them.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 17, 2015 11:26 PM
Mar 2009
Fun ep! I found Maroro okay from the previous episode, but in this one he's kind of gay for Haku's attention...
Is there really no possibility that the new masked guy is actually Hakuoro under a different name? It'd be really cool if it IS Hakuoro!

Out of curiousity, VN players, what was different about the story from the VN??
Oct 17, 2015 11:28 PM

Jul 2014
It's sad when a kid's show like Brave Beats has more mature dialog, less cute animals, less ridiculous overreaction shots, less ridiculous characters and less ridiculous "I can jump 20 feet in the air and swing a broken sword and cut a mountain in half" crap. Oh well, at least we got some T&A this episode.
Oct 18, 2015 1:29 AM

May 2009
Sokah said:
It's sad when a kid's show like Brave Beats has more mature dialog, less cute animals, less ridiculous overreaction shots, less ridiculous characters and less ridiculous "I can jump 20 feet in the air and swing a broken sword and cut a mountain in half" crap. Oh well, at least we got some T&A this episode.

What the hell? You have problem with beastmen species that replaced humanity? Why are you forcing yourself to watch something you don't understand? Did you even watch prequel?
Oct 18, 2015 1:47 AM

Jan 2015
Lol Bird best boy/girl
Oct 18, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2011
There he is, the doppelganger guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2016

85 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.