Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 3, 2015 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
This series is so random, it's really refreshing. Each week I look forward to the unpredictable events that occur in this mad environment... This is by far the best comedic anime this season, and perhaps my favourite anime this season. It's so ridiculously interesting - every character has their own, unique personality and appearance, it's really visually appealing. The OST and opening/ending are fantastic too. I can't wait to see how this progresses, and hopefully nothing is rushed as it's 12 episodes. ^-^
May 3, 2015 12:21 PM
Jun 2014
This show deserved more views.
By the way, this episode is awesome. The animation and the music is so pleasing.
May 3, 2015 12:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Aligura has such a cute voice but I'm pretty sure that she's the scariest girl I have ever seen lol. That chick is psychotic but her personality made up for it xD

This episode was just pure craziness from start to finish and I freaking loved it xD The last scene with Leo and the ghost was really cute btw and I totally ship them now

P.S. Why do the girls like the new dude with the liquid blood....He looks like a fuckboy lol...He's not one in any way and I love his character a lot but he look so dam weird xD
May 3, 2015 12:53 PM
Sep 2013
i really loved the episode! the shoe in general. Imo that jumpiness is one of my favorite anime methods.
and by the way, I might be the only one who noticed it, but when leo takes white to the movie the background song is in Hebrew (maybe because I'm one of the few hebrew speakers who watches it). don't you think it's a bit odd? like for me this is the first time i heard an OST with hebrew songs.
May 3, 2015 1:33 PM

Jun 2012
stephen5000 said:

There's something about the pacing of the episodes of this show that I strongly dislike. It's hard to identify what the issue really is, but it leaves me with my brain in a knot.

Yeah there is something about that bothering me too. I remember an anime with a similar pace, Soul Talker was it... Well can't really pinpoint it either.
May 3, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2014
Damn this show is AWESOME!!!
"It's about that monster truck you're in. We're going to destroy it.
*frantic coughing*" LOL that killed me XD
May 3, 2015 4:17 PM

May 2012
Damn I need the ost now!
May 3, 2015 4:44 PM
Jun 2013
Loved this episode. Lol at the "torture" of love life discussions.

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a hospital?
Anime exists
all is well
May 3, 2015 4:53 PM

Aug 2013
The best and funniest episode yet!!! I'm glad to see Leo and White are finally closer but I have a feeling that White might died permanently in the final episode. Hope I'm wrong.
May 3, 2015 4:54 PM

Aug 2013
Shades371 said:
Loved this episode. Lol at the "torture" of love life discussions.

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a hospital?

+1
May 3, 2015 5:14 PM
Jan 2015
who is this White girl in the hospital?
esofdiamonMay 3, 2015 5:19 PM
May 3, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2010
Love this anime >_<
May 3, 2015 6:10 PM

Dec 2008
Damn! I love that ED!! Anyways, Dog Hammer and Delro Brody FTW!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 3, 2015 7:13 PM

Aug 2014
Lmao, this episode was epic. Aligeria is awesome, the love between her and pretty boy is amazing. I burst out laughing when Leo started coughing like a maniac when he heard the vehicle was gonna get destroyed. And that flight towards the end... so majestic.

I'm glad he got together with ghost girl, or at least closer to her - she seems cool. I LOVED the Arnold Schwarzenegger/Danny DeVito reference.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 3, 2015 8:12 PM

Nov 2014
Something about this series is just enjoyable to watch. Unlike other shows this season, I always end up saying after finishing an episode, "Damn, I love this". Always something new and the music/characters are amazing. By far the best ED I've seen in a while as well!!
May 3, 2015 9:05 PM

Aug 2013
Hell yes that ending!!! Leo x White = OTP

Definitely ship of the season.
- has girl problems in the beginning of the episode
- makes it up to her by sneaking her out for a movie
- "you're a good guy Leo"... *moves closer. initiates arm wrap*

White best girl.

Love how there was just an abundance of comedy this episode. The scooter riding. Getting beat around as a hostage. Then they absolutely shit on the movie Twins at the end there. As if it wasn't bad enough, then they decided to make a 5 minute parody on it basically reinforcing how bad that movie was.

Loved the ep. Always need more White though.
May 3, 2015 9:14 PM

May 2013
This was the most amusing episode yet. Deldro and Dog were just awesome. Aligura was a little twisted, but it was a good idea to merge them together.
May 3, 2015 9:54 PM
Jan 2009
the official/engrish names are so weird
In the official manga releases, the names are Doug Hammer and Aligula (as in, Caligula with no C)

Dog Hummer is spelled the same way in katakana but man it's dumb
May 3, 2015 10:53 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Great episode once again! We got a bit of romance to, and the villain was freaking awesome!

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
May 3, 2015 11:50 PM

Jan 2011
This anime is really something. It's wacky and crazy yet so entertaining and intriguing. I like how each character has very unique abilities, mostly to do with their blood. Deldro and Dog Hummer were pretty cool. xD Aligura was just too darn crazy haha. That last moment with Leo and White was really sweet. though. Great episode!
5/5
May 4, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
Fun episode.
Although I didn't like the first one that much, this has been getting better.
May 4, 2015 6:46 AM

Jan 2011
Ha, they were watching Twins at the end there. This series never fails to be amusing.
May 4, 2015 8:38 AM

Oct 2013
This is too hilarious, one of the funniest shows of this season. Leo is just precious (*≧∀≦*)❤
May 4, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2008
Good episode, but I feel like it don't have a conclusion. What happen to Aligura???
May 4, 2015 10:45 AM
Jan 2014
I smiled like a retard all the way through the second half.
May 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2009
Oh man, great episode like always! So Klaus has a brother huh ... that was unexpected :O Not to mention being voiced by Mamoru of all people ... no wonder everybody loves him :') Although OK, being loved by a crazy vampire who takes over your body by filling it up with her boyfriend is probably something I could do without ... XD Poor Leo, being kidnapped and having a conversation tortured ... :P Plus seems some other of the Elders were watching too, like that seemingly normal-looking guy with glasses ...
Then of course all that talk about love got Leo moving by asking White to see a movie! :O Although ... uh, isn't she a ghost? I'm so confused ... so how was she talking to that other person and having to get "sneaked" out of the hospital?! Maybe I missed something ... >_<
May 4, 2015 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
Ahaha. Despite my many reservations this is the show of the season. It's not ideal, but it's big, and ambitious, and pretty, and it actually uses the fact that it's animation to create awesomeness. Better plot and better battles could've made it even better, but I like it as it is.

Aligura is an impressive character. She reminds me of Harley Quinn, and her introduction is very western comic-like in general, but the love talk torture is a great idea.
May 4, 2015 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
AquaWateria said:
stephen5000 said:
Clearly I was confused about something: I thought White was a ghost, but I guess she's just a long-term patient at the hospital.

This show is different from others: there is a lot of buildup, but the fights themselves are quick and easily won by the heroes it would seem.

There's something about the pacing of the episodes of this show that I strongly dislike. It's hard to identify what the issue really is, but it leaves me with my brain in a knot.

I think it has to do with the nonlinear storytelling format which most people aren't use to. I mean for me I highly enjoy that type of story format because I love figuring things out than it rather telling me straight. I mean just imagine if Cowboy Bebop was aired today it would definitely have some mixed views because most people like thier story told straight to them in a linear form.

I like the pacing specifically because you can't approach it traditionally like you would otherwise to appreciate it. You really have to go back and forth like a game dungeon to sort out things that are normally let out in the open for you to see. White's role so far in the story is a good example. Ghost with shady family ties? So not a ghost still with shady family ties? Into what I suspect is a vampire suffering from some supernatural illness that exaggerates about her condition saying she is a ghost to fuck with MC? Who the hell knows, but if you want to then you have to stick around. It's a lot of puzzle work and hypothetical scenarios which I like.

This is one of the more quirky techniques used to keep the viewer perpetually in the dark but still entertained that I adore. I like solving puzzles and using my mind to fine roundabout ways of approaching a problem so maybe that's why I'm in love with this sort of style.
May 4, 2015 4:32 PM

Jul 2014
Tbh, I am not sure it will make sense in the end - doesn't look like that to me. It seems to be more of the random and awesome type than the puzzle that clicks together in the end type. But I am absolutely fine with it. I like when worldbuilding happens along the way.
May 4, 2015 6:26 PM

Apr 2013
Lol, great episode

May 4, 2015 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
yet another crazy episode this show really feels episodic at times still doesn't take away from how entertaining it is for me

and i wanna just hug the music director every week theirs brand new tracks and they fit so well

the little shoulder hug at the end was a nice touch :)
May 4, 2015 8:22 PM
Jan 2009
Snaita said:
stephen5000 said:

Yeah there is something about that bothering me too. I remember an anime with a similar pace, Soul Talker was it... Well can't really pinpoint it either.

It's because they're putting on average, 140-180 pages of content into about 20 minute episodes, while skipping over other arcs altogether and establishing White's storyline which is detached from everything else

r e a d t h e m a n g a
May 4, 2015 9:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Loads and loads of fun. I just love it. Wildly entertaining episode. Like someone stated previously, even the villains are a delight to see on screen. Every character has loads of quirks and charms.

Dear Lord, someone get my that soundtrack please. The music continues to be more and more excellent as time goes on.

My only real issue with the show is that it feels like it has no real sense of direction. We get introduced to some stuff in previous episodes, but then it's like it's completely gone the next. I wish the overall storytelling was better, because I love what this series has to offer. It just seems stretched too thin with no real sense of direction.

Other than that, top notch everything really. I adore the style this show has with the hip hop and new york city. And the backgrounds are drop dead gorgeous.

Hell, even the show's website's style is incredible. It also gives you a better look at the breathtaking backgrounds.
takkun_May 4, 2015 10:04 PM
May 4, 2015 10:13 PM

Feb 2015
Well might as well post my thoughts here.

The randomness that keeps on popping out actually somehow contributes to the plot.Aligura kinda creeped me out with all her description of "cooking " skills.

What really works for this show is every single character until now has got their chance to shine someway or the other.We don't know too much about the villains and that only increases your curiosity about what they are really upto.

I really like Klauss and Zapp.To play a game for 99 hours just to get information which might affect humanity's survival in this apocalyptic setting(if I might call it) without thinking about consequences against someone who has wasted 1200 years on that game(wtf?lol) truly shows how determined Klauss is.Zapp also has his own unique way of showing concerns for his fellow members in Libra(though that might be violent at times).Leonardo's eyes are pretty cool.

And it just goes to show,with the addition of certain monologues how much difference there can be in the portrayal of characterization of a character and make people like him.

The ending couple of minutes were also cute.
May 4, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
just here to say i love this show

FLCL scooter references or what

May 5, 2015 1:21 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
RingoTang said:
just here to say i love this show

FLCL scooter references or what

Yes yes, I totally got FLCL vibes from that.
May 5, 2015 1:25 AM

Apr 2015
What a bloody brilliant episode! The best so far by a huge amount and that's with the others being phenomenal already. I think with this episode Kekkai Sensen has earned its place as my anime of the season. Looking forward to the next episode, and hoping for some further Leo and White progression. A week wait though... I shall go insane.
May 5, 2015 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Huh ?? Why Kekkai has so few comments? Not a masterpiece in an absolute sense and does not make a drama series by TV tearjerker; but his dirty work it is doing in a dignified manner. Mah! It is true then, that the way is twisted. Return to us, pleasant episode, very funny and entertaining. Also I prefer a story a bit 'more serious, but this light-hearted tone does not bother me; because it seems genuine and not forced or pretentious. Then just admire the scenery fascinates me, but not only them. I look forward to the next episode immediately.
May 5, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2011
5/5
the episode was funny and enjoyable
Can't say more!!!
To desire some results, one must take actions
May 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Really funny. It was nice to finish the episode with Leo and White :).
May 5, 2015 4:27 PM

Jun 2013
man this anime is just full of fun shit cool action they've gone on a date and that movie at the end what's with that it was funny weird lol
May 6, 2015 12:55 AM

Jul 2014
My prayers go out to go to thousands who die every episode. They dont get enough air time. R.I.P
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 6, 2015 2:42 AM

May 2012
I'm curious what did people find funny in this episode ? I could not even smile for once while watching it.

The comments here make feel like I'm watching a totally different anime.
May 6, 2015 4:14 AM
Apr 2015
The BGM for the scene when the fortress is sent flying, it kinda sounds like a rendition of Tennessee Waltz.
May 6, 2015 7:09 AM

Dec 2009
LOVED. IT.
Guys this one was crazy, really loved it.
White and Leo are so sweet together awww
(GUYS, did you hear Mamoru Miyano as Dog Hummer? omg this show has everything I wanted so far)
May 6, 2015 9:12 AM
Jan 2009
thepath said:
I'm curious what did people find funny in this episode ? I could not even smile for once while watching it.

the ketchup dramatization was pretty funny
May 6, 2015 10:02 AM

Jan 2011
thepath said:

The references (Hainz ketchup and the movie), Aligura in general and Leo being adorkable around Whyte.
At least that's what did it for me.
-content has been filtered for the use of inappropriate words or phrases-
May 6, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2008
I love everything about this show.
May 6, 2015 6:38 PM
Jul 2013
This show is so fun. Glad that it looks like it is going to do decently in Japan.
May 6, 2015 9:59 PM
Aug 2011
that last scene was lovely
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.