3It was OK
7.8%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.6
564 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 2, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah that was so fun, just watching Zapp and Leo riding on the road with a truck.

Aligura's presence show is also quite something imo, something that I welcome despite some of her craziness. Prisner is also quite a fascinating little being imo this episode. Great action as well this episode and Zapp is still fun as ever to watch. I swear, this guy is going to die early

Quite a gimmicky episode but fun. 5/5. Brody is freaking awesome.

May 2, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
Man this series is just so much fun :D

Chain's "Good luck" to Zapp was lol

Dem advertisements XD

Lol'd at Zapp being shocked at the girls even "Inu" thinking Hummer was a hunk XD

Leo coughing a lot of times when he heard the truck is gonna get destroyed was lol

Aligura was lots of fun ^^ And props to her pushing Leo to ask White out :3 That last scene at the movies was really cute <3
May 2, 2015 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
Lol Leo is being a hostage quite often ^^
The new guy looks interesting.
This show never disappoints me, really. Loved it from the start to end. So much fun.
May 2, 2015 12:32 PM

May 2013
that movie at the end XD i love this series, it's so much fun, especially Zapp, that guy :D :D and poor Leo XD
May 2, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
that was really fun
:3
May 2, 2015 12:46 PM

Sep 2013
Loved Chain this episode. Also Aligura's VA was really well chosen.
Loads of cute things this week!!
May 2, 2015 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode. Loved the intro of the new characters and there were quite a few comedic scenes as well. The relationship between Leo and White is improving and the interactions are cute.
May 2, 2015 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Next week's episode: Don't forget to don't forget that Kekkai Sensen is AOTS.
Yet another great episode, and yet another great addition to the cast. Now we even have Fujiwara with a speaking role, how could this possibly get any better? Alright, we're still missing Wakamoto and that guy unfortunately doesn't have a role, but you get the idea.

In any case, loving the Dendro / Hummer duo. Those two are great, and Aligura is fun too.
May 2, 2015 1:08 PM

Oct 2014
Episode was a barrel of fun, really damn entertaining.

Dat movie scene at the end though :P
May 2, 2015 1:10 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It just get better and better.
Fuckin loved this episode !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 2, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
my god this series is SOOOO GOOD

perfect timing on the comedy.

i do wish it was more of an action series with fights though. action scenes are so damn well animated

also chain needs an episode dedicated to her. she shines in every scene she is in no matter how small her role is. "good luck"

hell, all the characters deserve an episode about them. damn shame the series is only 12 episodes
May 2, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
omg this anime is soo good. AOTS
May 2, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2014
lol the part with the ketchup made me laugh
i love zapp and leo. this series is so much fun to watch
May 2, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2012
The Movie in the end is called "Twins" with Schwarzenegger and DeVito ^^

May 2, 2015 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Man, this anime is soooo much fun to the point that I'm wishing a 2-cour would happen :D
May 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
AOTS right now. This show is so damn awesomeness and funny.
May 2, 2015 1:42 PM

Jun 2014
So this is what happens when you try to skip a meeting to get food. A giant truck will magically appear beside you, transforming into this giant mechanical monster that chases and devours all traffic.

May 2, 2015 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
HOLLY MOLLY WAS THIS EPISODE ALL CRAZY....LOL I LOVE IT

Love the new Character Aligura..hope we see more of her... and i thought Yuno was crazy for love but this girl takes it to a whole new level....

Oh that last scene was cute...i hope we get at least one slow episode just focusing on those 2 relationship development at least.....i hope they might announce this show is actually a split cour....cause i love it XD
May 2, 2015 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
Fucking hilarious and creativity oozing from every corner. Kekkai Sensen has really hit its stride now and there's no stopping it. Even the anime original content is looking great and is interwoven seamlessly into the source material, but I find it funny that they've given Leo an anime original gf although it was such a great scene between them.

That scene where they showed the making of Ketchup to describe how the two men were tortured and combined was brutal, but genius.
KoybzMay 2, 2015 2:38 PM
May 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Oct 2014
Still as Crazy as ever i see xD
May 2, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
Very nice episode, this show never fails to entertain me - even if I can't quite follow what is happening. Sort of like in FLCL, except I think I like Kekkai Sensen's randomness more.

The ending scene was cute too
May 2, 2015 2:08 PM

Feb 2014
Man, I thought there really would be a confession at the end....

The episode was really cool, especially the interactions between Leonardo and the other girl while they were inside that machine.
May 2, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2014
This is probably the show I look forward to the most atm, really entertaining
May 2, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
This is weird. I didn't quite feel it with the previous episodes but this one really impressed me. It was phenomenal!
May 2, 2015 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
He had to be kidnap and torture before he realize he had to give her a date, hadn't he?
By the way I don't know the first movie at the parking theater referencing but the second one at the that they're watching I guess it's "Twins" by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
May 2, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2013
This show is so friggin good, I'm looking forward to it the most all week. If it stays like this it's AOTS for me for sure.
Chain's "Good luck!" was great and so was the ketchup part. Despite being an antagonist Aligura was fun to watch and I love that developing relationship between Leo and White.
And also that "Twins" reference^^
May 2, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
This episode sold me on Kekkai Sensen. While I can't put it in my top 5 for the season, this episode was really well done. It didn't have to spend the episode juggling world building, character development, episodic plot, and hints of a main plot. Since it spent the last few juggling, doing some character development by introducing a new character and giving Leo more time with White was awesome. We need to see more of her.

My only complaint this time is that introducing another character (well, characters) to the team means more divided screentime. These guys got more development than most of the other cast members, and since this anime is going to be 12 episodes, we won't see as much development as we would like.
May 2, 2015 3:15 PM
Apr 2012
HitsuWTG said:
Yet another great episode, and yet another great addition to the cast. Now we even have Fujiwara with a speaking role, how could this possibly get any better? Alright, we're still missing Wakamoto and that guy unfortunately doesn't have a role, but you get the idea.

In any case, loving the Dendro / Hummer duo. Those two are great, and Aligura is fun too.

If they're not skipping this episode, then I have hope for the Werewolf chapter.
May 2, 2015 3:18 PM

Feb 2014
BigFire said:
HitsuWTG said:

If they're not skipping this episode, then I have hope for the Werewolf chapter.

Oh boy, yes. I'd be all in for an episode focused on Chain.
May 2, 2015 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
This anime is great. It might not have the best story or characters, but at the end of each episode it never fails to just put a smile on my face. The whole dirty New York theme is new and refreshing and works so well.

This might be one of the most dumbest awesome or the most awesome dumb shows I've seen.
May 2, 2015 3:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
FANTASTIC! Upping the score to an 8. This show doesn't need real plot to be really good which is remarkable as hell.
May 2, 2015 3:22 PM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
I swear, this guy is going to die early

No pls I love him

I swear Femt sounds the exact same as Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts. Ok they have the same voice actor but still
May 2, 2015 3:30 PM

Oct 2012

Fuck yes. This is going to to be a really, really good one based on all this amazing variety we've heard over the last couple of episodes.
May 2, 2015 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
Loved it!
PERFECT OST.
Interesting new character and cute ending ^^
You're gonna carry that weight.
May 2, 2015 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
This series is still as random as ever and tbh I'm starting to wish that plot will become more cohesive...
May 2, 2015 3:52 PM

Aug 2012
Another great episode!
May 2, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2011
This was high and far the best episode yet, i cant recall the last time a single episode provided me with so much fun,and the final scene was really cute to boot, i cant believe white and the other blonde guy are anime only cause they fit so well into the show and white in particular feels like shes crucially a part of leo's character i can imagine reading the manga without her now. Really eager to see where they are going with them as the series goes on

I just hope the 1 cour length doesnt hurt the series, i can sing nothing but praises for the show thus far but i also have a sense of worry over how its all gonna go down in the grand scheme of things because of that episode count, trigun and gungrave were also anime only driven series and they both worked super well but i think thats cause they were 2 cour to flesh out their original material and i worry kekkai will need that to bring out its maximum enjoyment

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 2, 2015 4:07 PM

Oct 2011
One of the best shows of this season IMO getting some romance.. I'm not complaining :D

May 2, 2015 4:11 PM

Sep 2011
CaptMalone said:
One of the best shows of this season IMO getting some romance.. I'm not complaining :D

get some romance to the soundtrack of unison square park no less, this series keeps getting more and more right.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 2, 2015 4:14 PM
Jan 2015
Best show this season, no doubt

edit: but who the fuck is the blond girl leo is hanging out with, I still don't get it.
May 2, 2015 4:16 PM

Feb 2014
NotJizzyHitler said:
I just hope the 1 cour length doesnt hurt the series, i can sing nothing but praises for the show thus far but i also have a sense of worry over how its all gonna go down in the grand scheme of things because of that episode count, trigun and gungrave were also anime only driven series and they both worked super well but i think thats cause they were 2 cour to flesh out their original material and i worry kekkai will need that to bring out its maximum enjoyment

I'm still thinking that this one might end up being split cour. Bones definitely isn't opposed to it as Space Dandy already showed, and Kekkai Sensen might end up in a similar position as that one or heck, even a similar situation to Noragami is possible if they play their hands right.
May 2, 2015 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
It really just hit me, but this is one of those rare shows where i love EVERYONE, even the villains are utter delight to see on screen and we barely know anything about them, this show just nails down what it wants to be so perfectly and confidently its hard not to just be taken aback by the pure passion that every second of this show drips with, there isnt a moment in the show thus far that hasnt been injected with energy and creativity whether it be the insanely diverse character designs, settings, or character personalities to just the insane out of this world and totally unique set pieces i just cant help but praise every aspect of the show thus far. This show is just so much fun

HitsuWTG said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

I'm still thinking that this one might end up being split cour. Bones definitely isn't opposed to it as Space Dandy already showed, and Kekkai Sensen might end up in a similar position as that one or heck, even a similar situation to Noragami is possible if they play their hands right.
I'd love that but i also highly doubt it, bones is usually opposed to split cours and while they did have 2 shows doing this last year it should also be noted last year their management was nothing short of atrocious, i mean we will see and believe me if this does get a 2nd cour ill get on my knees and thank the high heavens but I just dont think i can hold my breath. 2nd season maybe but i think the problem is the source is episodic while the anime is developing its own anime only plot and i expect it to conclude it in these 12 episodes, my worry is that they wont have enough time to bring out the best of their original content, though id be so game for a split cour to expand upon thise and id still be game to see a seaosn 2 that just adapts the plot normally.
JizzyHitlerMay 2, 2015 4:36 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 2, 2015 4:53 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aligura's is such a psycho, but still cute! Her voice was intentionally made to be annoying, but I couldn't bring myself to dislike her. The ways she was torturing Leo though.. XD

> "Do you read me, Leonardo?"
> "Hai! -- ♪...nz's ketchup sure is thick blues... ♪" LOLOLOL! I died! XD

Leo frantically coughing after hearing they'll destroy the monster truck was hilarious! Poor guy.. XD

The romantic vibes at the end were pretty nice. I ship them quite a lot now! >///<

Good episode. Though plotless so far, this show continues to exude epicness each week. However, I hope they'll be able to conclude everything well in the remaining episodes.

May 2, 2015 5:16 PM

Oct 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
It really just hit me, but this is one of those rare shows where i love EVERYONE, even the villains are utter delight to see on screen and we barely know anything about them, this show just nails down what it wants to be so perfectly and confidently its hard not to just be taken aback by the pure passion that every second of this show drips with, there isnt a moment in the show thus far that hasnt been injected with energy and creativity whether it be the insanely diverse character designs, settings, or character personalities to just the insane out of this world and totally unique set pieces i just cant help but praise every aspect of the show thus far. This show is just so much fun

Yeah man, it's great. I'm honestly getting tired of having to praise the series so much every week, but it can't be helped. This Matsumoto and Nightow combination is just so fitting and fun, I could easily see myself watching another 50 or so episodes without getting tired of this episodic formula. It works so well. Characters interaction are actually funny, the characters themselves are all memorable, lovable and bounce off each other well. The setting has a huge amount of potential to be worked with too and Matsumoto's style is just right up my alley. I was seriously been impressed with the anime original content this episode as she tied the love struggle of the original manga chapter with Leo's and White's developing relationship making it flow extremely well. All I really need to see now are how the more serious story arcs of Kekkai Sensen are handled.

I think it'll be such a shame if Bones cut of this series after only one cour with the amount of potential it has. The one good thing is that it seems to be selling well, so even if it's not a split cour, there is a chance it might get another season like with Noragami.
May 2, 2015 5:23 PM
Mar 2008
I could swear that Aligura's Voice is the same of May from Guilty Gear
May 2, 2015 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
Koybz said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Yeah man, it's great. I'm honestly getting tired of having to praise the series so much every week, but it can't be helped. This Matsumoto and Nightow combination is just so fitting and fun, I could easily see myself watching another 50 or so episodes without getting tired of this episodic formula. It works so well. Characters interaction are actually funny, the characters themselves are all memorable, lovable and bounce off each other well. The setting has a huge amount of potential to be worked with too and Matsumoto's style is just right up my alley. I was seriously been impressed with the anime original content this episode as she tied the love struggle of the original manga chapter with Leo's and White's developing relationship making it flow extremely well. All I really need to see now are how the more serious story arcs of Kekkai Sensen are handled.

I think it'll be such a shame if Bones cut of this series after only one cour with the amount of potential it has. The one good thing is that it seems to be selling well, so even if it's not a split cour, there is a chance it might get another season like with Noragami.
just going off of you, im deeply in love with matsumoto's style based off of this and kyousogiga, yes I'll admit she could improve a bit in terms of slowing the pace down a bit more selectivly but i also think she nails down frantic and energetic so well and i feel like both kekkai and kyousogiga flow together so well because of this energy. I really think she can become a favorite of mine once she develops more of a catalog,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 2, 2015 5:37 PM

Mar 2015
THIS EPISODE WAS SO CRAZY, AND SO GOOD. this is the only show that makes me stop everything im doing just to watch and enjoy it at its fullest.

i'm in love with this series omg
that's it, im going to watch kyousogiga now lAUGHS
May 2, 2015 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
How Steven reacted to the television was like "Nice weather we're having?"

Chain's "Good luck" really fitted Leo's position.

Now that is a good example of how to handle the unwanted affection!

The torture worked to get Leo to take White somewhere. It really had a nice atmosphere with that "I feel you" part.
May 2, 2015 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
Koybz said:

just going off of you, im deeply in love with matsumoto's style based off of this and kyousogiga, yes I'll admit she could improve a bit in terms of slowing the pace down a bit more selectivly but i also think she nails down frantic and energetic so well and i feel like both kekkai and kyousogiga flow together so well because of this energy. I really think she can become a favorite of mine once she develops more of a catalog,

The energy and life she brings to whatever she touches is definitely one of her biggest selling points and while I feel that it's quite subtle, she's improving as a director, at least from what I've seen from this episode. It'll be interesting to see how she handles the ending of Kekkai Sensen, although I think Matsumoto has done a good job of setting up the conflict so far. Funnily enough, the frantic pacing that slightly harmed Kyousougiga in it's latter half (well, in my opinion anyway), is actually working wonders for Kekkai Sensen and while many people have expressed a dislike to the speed at which the series moves, I've never really had a problem with it as she's nailed the flow. Nothing seems jarring and every scene moves from one to another very naturally, it's just fast.

I'm positive Bones will be giving her more series in the near future. I'm just not sure whether I'd prefer to see her do more original series or adaptations.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.