Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 24, 2015 4:03 PM

Jul 2008
Ganbat said:
92 lvl can't beat 67 lvl pfff.

Did we even watch the same episode.
She's a person of the land so if she's killed she will be dead forever. Nyanta tried to talk it out while defending because of this fact. He actually tried to kill her once but his blade was stopped by the lvl 98 guy and the second time he hesitated.

If he wanted to kill her and there were no interference (especially from someone stronger than him) he would have done so easily.

vlaine said:
Stop blaming DEEN for the story, DEEN only handles animating the show. That is, drawing the pictures and making things move.

No.
The animation studio producing a show is responsible for the pace, the acting, the animation, sound, directing, which scenes to add/remove/change and everything that wasn't written in the novel.
The studio is actually responsible for most of the project, the script being the small part of the project.

Also most of the time the author has very little to say in most of the decisions or at best is given very little control. Only a few popular author have enough influence to actually influence the adaptation of their work.

Mod Edit: Merged multiple posts; please use the edit button.
rodacFeb 24, 2015 10:24 PM
Feb 24, 2015 5:26 PM

Sep 2008
I'll be honest, this arc has been a huge letdown for me so far.

Besides for Nyanta fight everything else was just, well, boring. I felt no rush, no sense of excitement, no pleasure in enemies defeated, nothing. I just watched episode, closed web page and moved on. Nothing continued lingering in my mind.

When I compare it to Shiroe and that Silver raid guild (whatever name), the speech, the fight, this is mediocre stuff, and even that is giving it too much credit.
Don't let me start on first season. Dear God, comparing this to first season is like comparing Code geass to Aldnoah.zero....wait, people actually do that.
Nevermind, you know what I mean.

I guess it's either because I find children annoying (the ones in the show) or because I really like Shiroe. Or maybe the arc was just bad. I don't know.
All I know is, if first season was like this I sure as hell wouldn't be as hyped for 2nd as I was.
I am really not hyped for 3rd season after all this. As a matter of fact, I have hard time motivating myself to watch it, and when it gets to that, not a good sign.

It's just not fun anymore.
Feb 24, 2015 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
Please remember that this is an NHK show, so it isn't dependent on revenue generated by BD sales. There is no pressure to provide top quality animation, that was a problem in the first season as well. Leaving that aside, I think we advanced the plot pretty well in this episode with some more information about why war is breaking out and the motivations of the people opposing Shiroe and his vision. Of course I prefer to get more information on the supporting characters and a little bit more complexity in the plot rather than just focusing on the main battles. From what I can tell, these episodes echo the path the author took in the LN's so why don't we just see where it goes, and why this information is being presented in this way.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 25, 2015 1:18 AM

May 2013
I actually fell asleep in the middle of this, haha.

But hey, Nyanta was pretty cool against Londark. Too bad Mizufa and Kazuhiko intervened.
And we get to see Nureha again, which is lovely.

Roe 2's too strong and Tohya is still fighting the Odyssey Knights.
But in the end, Isuzu made the 43rd song. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 25, 2015 1:21 AM
Mar 2009
I enjoyed this, but, that guy at the end really didn't have to destroy part of their own train in order to get away. Kicking Nyanta off the train would have been easy for him, esp. as he almost fell off the end earlier.

Plus, now they will have to send some team to go repair the tracks.

Anyhow, I enjoyed it fully, especially as I re-watched ep. 19 before and gained more understanding of Genuis/empathion and the way that everyone is coping with this forced situation.

Interesting philosophical comments and illustration -- despite not being asked whether to come here or not, children enjoy being here. Somehow that joy of living becomes more rare in adults.
Feb 25, 2015 3:14 AM

May 2010
Shangetsu said:

vlaine said:
Stop blaming DEEN for the story, DEEN only handles animating the show. That is, drawing the pictures and making things move.

No.
The animation studio producing a show is responsible for the pace, the acting, the animation, sound, directing, which scenes to add/remove/change and everything that wasn't written in the novel.
The studio is actually responsible for most of the project, the script being the small part of the project.

Also most of the time the author has very little to say in most of the decisions or at best is given very little control. Only a few popular author have enough influence to actually influence the adaptation of their work.
True. But, in the end, the "studio" is just a gathering of people. Studio DEEN is credited for "Animation Production". The ones credited for the script are individual writers which are not especially associated with the studio as is with the director. Both 1st and 2nd season have the same director and share the same writers. It just appeared to me that people were blaming DEEN for ruining the 2nd season when it was mostly the same people working on the story as the 1st season.

And seeing as how it Log Horizon is an adaptation, the source material is also responsible for blame.
BocchiFeb 25, 2015 3:44 AM
Feb 26, 2015 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
I also still don't get what's going on but I bet the story is still so far away from the LN.

Feb 27, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
I AM SO SICK OF THIS SONG BITCH EVERY GOD DAMN EPISODE! FML
Feb 27, 2015 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
After the raid this season became so boring to watch, I'm just watching right now to see if any of them will finally find out what happened to Krusty or he can make his way back on his own.
Feb 27, 2015 2:59 PM

Feb 2008
The raid arc was nice, had a plot, and felt smooth. Everything after has been awful. I want off the wild ride. I wanted off of it awhile ago. The plot is all jumbled to hell, this anime jumps around more than a crack addict on a pogo stick, and doesn't try to fix any of it. Jesus.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Feb 28, 2015 3:06 AM
Jan 2015
Episode had lots of potential. Second half of the episode was meh.
Feb 28, 2015 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
Nyanta's fight during the first half was good, but it ended too fast in my opinion. The second half was a bit boring like the last episodes. When it was over it didn't leave any impact on me. I knew that moment with Isuzu singing should have been epic, but it wasn't. I didn't like how they used the recycled flashbacks at all... Still, I'm intrigued to know where is the plot going after this part.
OrogothMar 7, 2015 11:23 AM
Feb 28, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
I think I'm beginning to understand everything though. I hope my understandings continue to increase
Mar 1, 2015 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
The kiddy adventure is finally over! The last 5 mins of this episode gave me a feel like the first season, too late at this point tho.
Mar 6, 2015 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
The fight with Nyanta was good. But the second part with isuzu was so boring ...
Mar 7, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
Nyanta sums it off perfectly with a desu ka-nyan.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 12, 2015 11:09 PM

May 2014
Nyanta's fight was pretty likable.

But then, Isuzu comes along and starts whining about 42 SONGS!!!!! NO! I MUST MAKE IT 43!!!

I swear, if she starts singing again, I'm gonna go dropkick a basket of puppies.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 17, 2015 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Nyanta sums it off perfectly with a desu ka-nyan.

Can't take him seriously as he keeps nya-ing whenever he speaks.

Suck ass episode.
Mar 18, 2015 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
I was a bit surprised to see Nyanta get so emotionally involved in the situation, I guess it goes to show how dire starting a war would be. I have to wonder why People of the Land would even bother fighting Adventurers and if they'll ever find a way to gain an edge over them.

It may just be the ost, but this is starting to remind me of Fairy Tail more and more.
Mar 27, 2015 6:31 AM

Jun 2009
this is just so unbearably fucked. fucked beyond belief.
Mar 31, 2015 11:24 AM

May 2010
For once, I agree that this episode was boring for the most part. Tohya's conflict has gotten annoying. Isuzu's part was nice, the song wasn't bad.
Apr 3, 2015 9:37 PM

Aug 2012
is it just me or the summon of Roe2 looks like one of the 6 alv princess who cursed the world. The design of the mask is the same also
Apr 6, 2015 6:11 PM

May 2012
This episode was pretty good, quite liked the action and the development! Let's see what's next.
Apr 9, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
That fight was weird. First Nyanta pants after every hit, despite only losing like 5% HP tops, whereas they kept going during the raid even when they instantly lost like 90% HP. Also, mages apparently are really really skilled in staff fighting, and also really strong. Londark blocked several of Nyantas moves. Sometimes he dodged, that can be attributed to luck or because Nyanta initially had to rush over to him, so Londark had time to see where Nyanta might hit. But blocking *both* rapiers in the nick of time..

And Mizufa..i get that Nyanta didn't want to fight seriously, but pushing him back? She's level 68, and people of the land are supposed to be weaker on top of that. Even if she's extraordinarly strong for both a level 68 and a "NPC", he should have kept her at bay with both hands tied behinds his back while being blindfolded. Heck, his clothing alone should be so high level that she can't get through.

And while Nyanta struggles against a NPC more than 20 levels below him, an assasins (not exactly the class with the highest strength, usually) barely 5 levels above blocks his all-out attack, including a instant-kill skill (assumingly) by just standing there lazily.

And Roe2 started out good with her holy smackdown there, but after the initial wave she simply stopped and let her summon vanish? What exactly changed? The city was still full of sadness, her friends were still angry, there where still thousands of wyvern flying around..
May 15, 2015 5:10 PM
May 2015
It was annoying. So much talk and crappy. A level 97 can't beat a 60-something level? What a load of crap. And that Isuzu bitch is annoying with her emo bullshit. All in all it's an aweful episode. Stop showing these annoying kids anymore, for the love of good anime
May 18, 2015 7:58 AM

Nov 2010
So many scenes brought back from earlier which made it kind of cheap
I thought Nyanta would have made a bigger impact on the wyvern raid, since he made such a cool entrance
In the end it was Roe 2 that stole the show with her AOE spells
I dont' quite understand why Minori didn't save her brother from getting slapped around for so long
Jun 14, 2015 9:26 AM

Dec 2008
Where the hell is Crusty?!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 22, 2015 12:18 AM
Mar 2015
Just when i thought the kids couldn't get any worse. Get back to shiroe already
Nov 5, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
Nice fight chief ,the only good thing about this ep

Nov 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Oct 2010
WTF Tohya was holding those Knights for entire time? And in the end they still passed. He should have had gone and fight those monsters or do something more productive.

First half with Nyanta was nice, fight was intense, even though he wasn't as nearly as awesome as shown in the first season. Just when it was starting to get more interesting it ended. And then we switched to kids again...

This is getting in circles already.
Nov 25, 2015 8:58 PM

Jul 2013
the hell is wrong with Plant Hwayden? why do most member of tea party a member of that stupid guild? why are they working with that war freak npc? and why the hell do they pronounce hwyaden as "froden" why did they use that word in the first place? such a pretentious word. And why won't Isuzu just fucking die?

I'm dropping the fucking score again. This season is clearly a huge disappointment. They focused too much on characters that don't really matter.
Jan 15, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
I've been wanting to see Tohya die for the last 3 episodes... holy shit... i hope they grant me this wish at some point
(of course with him being able to revive)

Jun 19, 2016 10:03 AM
Dec 2014
So much overused dialogue.
Also fuck Isuzu and fuck her songs.
Sep 19, 2016 1:51 PM
Mar 2016
only liked nyanta-san's battle. i love watching him fight.
Sep 19, 2016 1:54 PM
Mar 2016
things i wanna see happen:
1. kaname and shiroe meetup
2. roe 2 and shiroe meetup
3. more shiroe creating new magic and rules never made before
4. akatsuki and shiroe romance
5. more shiroe in general
6. shiroe
7. moar SHIROEEEE
Sep 19, 2016 1:55 PM
Mar 2016
also, more nyanta-san x serara, theyre so cute
Jan 17, 2018 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
groovykirito said:
things i wanna see happen:
1. kaname and shiroe meetup
2. roe 2 and shiroe meetup
3. more shiroe creating new magic and rules never made before
4. akatsuki and shiroe romance
5. more shiroe in general
6. shiroe
7. moar SHIROEEEE

+100 :D

but i don't hate this ARC like some here, bitching & whining about it, i like the entire season as much as S1

Athea said:
It was annoying. So much talk and crappy. A level 97 can't beat a 60-something level? What a load of crap. And that Isuzu bitch is annoying with her emo bullshit. All in all it's an aweful episode. Stop showing these annoying kids anymore, for the love of good anime

this guy already answered about this, u should look comments above to
Shangetsu said:
Ganbat said:
92 lvl can't beat 67 lvl pfff.

Did we even watch the same episode.
She's a person of the land so if she's killed she will be dead forever. Nyanta tried to talk it out while defending because of this fact. He actually tried to kill her once but his blade was stopped by the lvl 98 guy and the second time he hesitated.

If he wanted to kill her and there were no interference (especially from someone stronger than him) he would have done so easily.

Sugram22Jan 17, 2018 2:26 AM
May 1, 2018 3:42 AM

Apr 2009
Nureha helped them out? Or she doesn't know shit about anything or she just don't care? What were they trying to achieve anyway? The temporary immortality for the People of the Land experiment like they said it was?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 4, 2019 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
Nyanta got to the train and encountered with Londark, they both fought until Mizufa arrived, she defeated Londark and confronted Nyanta, but he overcame her, Kazuhiko intervened. Dariella transformed into Nureha, Roreil found her and she ordered to destroy the nightshade servants. Zakuhiko and Mizufa retired due to orders. Isuzu released a song (skill).

Nyanta's fight was good, but these episodes are godly boring. OMG. I couln't undersant Isuzu's song effects.
Jan 23, 2020 6:01 AM

Dec 2018
this season is breaking my heart
not because it's emotionally compelling
but because i feel like i had a great steak and then the waiter brought out a plate of steaming dog shit for dessert.
May 21, 2020 5:55 PM
Aug 2011
Another episode with too much talking and singing. It was okay at first but it’s starting to get boring and frustrating with all the righteous talks without actions. Nyanta-san’s confrontation with Kazuhiko was nice though.
Jul 9, 2020 11:37 AM

May 2020
We got a Nyanta skill. Nyanta job sounds like swashbuckler. Zorro reference I guess. Got a bit song from the last 2 episode untill this one. Song is a buff to get strong. Vampire onee-san was also great. Hope he/she get more scene as a new character.
Aug 20, 2020 10:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I feel like the anime is becoming kinda juvenile lol especially with Isuzu at the end
Aug 29, 2020 10:40 AM

Jun 2017
I would have expected more from Nyanta's fighting scenes. I think he did a splendid job but it was just too short. I wasn't satisfied enough.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
Really great fight scene and them feelsđź‘Ť
Oct 31, 2020 1:18 PM

Jul 2008
I doubt dealing with this guild will end with this season, hell Shiroe is somewhat unaware of them...at least he doesn't know what they are doing.

Did this get a third season?
Jan 4, 2021 5:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. Londark got rekt by the Landers, but she granted his wish to death. After Serara arc, its pretty much a nice reunion for both of them. Thank you very much! So, the train was actually to spreaded the chaos, disturbance, disruption, fears, and led into a local war for the surrounding Landers at each of its route. Nyanta arrived to stop it, only to faced with Londark and his former party friend, Kazuhiko.

Meanwhile, in the messed up tiny city, Nureha decided an important matters. She helped the kids of of their trouble, while in fact explained what happened between her and Touya. Oh, wow, boy, nice intuition! Its led her into giving an order to stop the train operation, let her loyal guard to destroyed the monsters and be back to Minami asap.

The kids actually had their own thinking and resolved. Isuzu had a long way before its end, and finally she sang a new song, the 43th, while the Odyssey's soul bubbles felt a long journey into the moon. Roe2? She kept a mystery, with her great summon being that looked like those cursed Alv princess. Which was mean? To be continued!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 5, 2021 12:21 PM

Jul 2016
Finally this work picked up the pace... It took me something like 4 years to go from episode 13 to 19, amazing pacing guys, I'm not even kidding about the 4 years, since 2017...

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jun 12, 2021 12:33 AM
Jul 2020
It really is going downhill hard huh..

The way the drama is handled for the past few episodes is so underwhelming they might aswell just delete it entirely from the show. Is this really how the author intended to write it or is it just DEEN cuz i remember back in s1, the directing wasn't a total BS.

Story is confusing as fuck for this arc, we suddenly got people of the land as the antagonist, nureha became good?, Tf did plant hwyaden went at?, Cathedrals, and now we got fucking wyverns attacking the city?

Did i perhaps miss a couple of episodes?
Jul 23, 2021 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
Haven't seen a serious Nyanta fight since s1 so its nice seeing his dual rapier style again ~nyaa.
UnkrownedJul 23, 2021 3:50 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

226 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 12, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

126 by Mobade-san »»
May 11, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.