Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 28, 2014 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
Thai777 said:
eXtacy67 said:
I find it hard to believe that in modern japan you could not just walk in any direction for 25km and not find a road. Also that rescue services would not of found them. I know i should not bring logic into this but still

I'm not an expert myself but lot of people say japan actually has lot of huge unhabited forest, and it was set around 2005, furthermore the story is not in a real town, I think so it's easy to create a place like that...

It was not explained in the anime but they took a shortcut that no one use and fell of the cliff and the rescue team didn't knew that so they searched around where they were supposed to go.

As proven in the final episode if they had not stayed still they would of likely survived
Dec 29, 2014 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
eXtacy67 said:
Thai777 said:

I'm not an expert myself but lot of people say japan actually has lot of huge unhabited forest, and it was set around 2005, furthermore the story is not in a real town, I think so it's easy to create a place like that...

It was not explained in the anime but they took a shortcut that no one use and fell of the cliff and the rescue team didn't knew that so they searched around where they were supposed to go.

As proven in the final episode if they had not stayed still they would of likely survived

That is true, but no one would have done that. They were in a spot with water, it was logical to stay there. If they were in a bigger forest they might be lost forever, even the rescue team wouldn't be able to help them. Furthermore they could have gotten out if they took the RIGHT path, but in that forest it's hard to walk straight so it was just not their luck. If you remember the sensei tried and he failed.
Dec 29, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2014
2 ep of flashback is meh!
This anime was fast paced but the flashback was kinda slow.
Dec 31, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
Tragic episode, they've survived for quite awhile though
Dec 31, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2011
wtf..they ate the dog

Jan 3, 2015 3:22 AM
Dec 2013
I was sick when I saw that puppy gonna die.
Jan 3, 2015 4:31 AM

Jul 2012
Its a shame we already know the outcome and that she is going to be the only one to survive.

Also one thing I can't understand, Why are people ok with seeing people die in anime and corpses of them but when it comes to a dog they get "sick" or "disgusted"?

Imo they should have eaten the dog sooner while it was still fat and before they had to keep feeding it.
Jan 5, 2015 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
Episode nice crude, it is to grant him at least this merit.
Narratively is not anything innovative, but can involve although very accelerated pace, are perplexed about how the arc will end.
Too bad that the drawings and animations are just as sufficient quality.
Who knows how the VN!
Jan 6, 2015 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
The harsh realities of being stranded. At least nobody has resorted to cannibalism yet.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 11, 2015 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
Man this is insane.
Jan 12, 2015 2:37 AM
May 2012
Seriously, they should have been helped already. I mean, they are on a school trip, right?? What the fuck is their school doing not doing a wide search. It's a school trip, they should know where the bus is headed =_=
I was actually imagining shits like Sensei will rape some of them and eat them cause ya'll keep saying in the previous forum that this episode will be disgusting and sex.
Still, this is pretty disgusting ahahaha. Poor dog :/ I really like the ending song.
Jan 13, 2015 5:15 PM

May 2012
Damn pretty though story :s I'm starting to see why almost everyone died :S

But well let's see what happens next!
Feb 7, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2011
Harsh survival tactics, realities and choices. Without Kazumi, they wouldn't have survived this long. 'Til next episode.
Mar 20, 2015 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
This storyline could've made its own show or movie tbh.
Apr 26, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2012
There was some speed-up but they managed put through everything important. Sometimes VN did too much dragging while this felt pretty natural. So it seems that with enough screentime they can do it right, another great episode.

Now I have some faith they'll do Angelic Howl right.
May 29, 2015 6:04 AM

Oct 2014
first maggots then doggy-chan :-( this arc isn't very lovely at all >>.<<
Jun 3, 2015 2:51 PM
Feb 2015
Wow so many days have passed and their advisor left to get help. They ended up eating the dog...
I'm getting chills from the Ed song...

Next episode should be intense...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 5, 2015 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
Survival tactics!!!? WTF I feel like crap already, there's so much I feel that I'm missing in the other stories. But i like the back story
Jun 10, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
I remember having read sometime ago a story about a man who got injured to his back and lost in a forest. He was alone with his dog, which he loved so much. But at one point, his dog was suffering a lot of malnutrition, and to end his suffering, he killed it. Then of course, he ate it. A lot of people on the internet called him a monster, for killing and eating his precious dog. He suffered a lot from all these insults. But I wonder, how many of us would be ready to slowly die of starving while watching your dog die too? When the hunger hit, you either die in a total craziness state or try surviving a few more days. Trying to survive a few more days is the best honor you can do to this dog who kept you company until the very end.

Anyway, shit are going cray. You know why? They tasted meat. In a long time. And they won't taste it in a long time too. This will drive them crazy. It's suddenly breaking the habit of surviving with herb and insect by eating something that even feel like luxury. There is no way they will be able to bear that. At least, that what I think the arc is leading too. Just look at that green haired girl. She has totally lost it.

Then there are the two injured. They seem to be both dying. A girl who refuse to properly eat and one who is having a necrosis plea. Yeah, that can't end well :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 6, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2009
OMG NOOOOOOOO... the dog!!! >< and the girl with mold growing on her, and the girl with maggots on her wound >< this show might be random and silly but it sure is equally as intense.
I think they wasted too much time waiting around. I don't know what's the proper action to take in case of being stranded somewhere, is it really wiser to wait for help for longer than ~5 days?
Anyway. This is sad but interesting. I love these survival stories :p

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 29, 2015 8:24 AM

May 2013
they should have started a fire to get the attention of the rescuers and they should not have eaten the dog their sanity will just go down

I don't know how white girl hair will die and now I'm scared to watch the next episode
Dec 31, 2015 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Damn, that dog scene. Bet they wished she got a bigger dog right now.

I don't know man, the way sensei responded to that girl when he first woke up makes him seem suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if he had the intention of leaving them for dead.
RobDec 31, 2015 10:36 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 10, 2016 6:46 AM

Mar 2015
This is getting so dragged. I fucking hate it already.

The bitchy girl is just stupid, can't even stand her around, can't even stand her flashbacks. Though that Kazaki is fine.

Somehow I felt Amane is the main girl and they forgotten all the other girls already.

Mar 29, 2016 12:42 PM
Dec 2015
The stupid girls and teacher should have just walked around the mountain.
Eventually, they would have met a road. No matter how you look at it, if there was a road on the mountain, at one point or another they would have met a road (in less than a 2 days)
This should been done at most one the second day.
AMDtoonMar 29, 2016 12:46 PM
Apr 8, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
It was short, but the scene with the dog was still brutal as hell...
May 18, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2013
First half was boring. They were just fooling around, Kazuki being shy and whatnot. Then it became intense. Food was short, their teacher left them, someone loosing her sanity and then that one kid that didn't want to eat because she's shat herself. And then that dog.

But when I think about it, it's really impossible that they'd last that long out there without being found. I mean, they fell under the cliff ffs, that's the very first place the rescuers would look (and knowing that there's a bunch of them that suddenly went missing, you'd know that the rescuers would search for them hard), it's not like they fell under the sea and the waves drifted them away from the place of the accident. Besides the area around them is covered by trees and they're in an open space with tents set up, they would stand out and if a helicopter is hovering above them, they'd be easily seen. I don't know. I sympathize with them but this does not make sense.
Jun 15, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2016
Episode was somewhat intense. The past two episodes where actually different than the others because the story itself stood in the focus rather than some relationship stuff. They ate the dog but forgot to eat the dead passengers - plane crash in the anden mountains style :o
Jul 28, 2016 6:59 AM

Mar 2015
I love this episode!!! It is PERFECT! Its truly a hell episode!! Living Hell!!

YURI?

I think the teacher ran away! That bastard.

It feel like re-telling of Sanji past when he was stranded but Grisaia made it more realistic and dark.

The brutality towards dog. Kazuki, who the hell are you?

I heard next episode will be more hell. Looking forward to it!!

5/5
Aug 23, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2013
Booooooooring -_-
And here I was looking forward to Amane's route, I'm severely disappointed...
Sep 4, 2016 1:33 AM

Feb 2010
The was a very detailed dog.

Mar 27, 2017 1:58 PM

May 2016
damn that was cruel, but I don't know why they don't go and search for help they could have done it earlier, if that happened to me I would have gone the first day.
Dec 3, 2017 11:42 AM

Sep 2017
I think it's actually useful for me, not knowing the VN. This arc feels like the most legitimate story, and since I don't have any expectations of what should be happening, how each character should behave, and how much focus they get etc, I just see it as a story that - at the moment - is keeping me interested and keen to see more
Apr 18, 2018 3:54 AM
Feb 2018
That was really fucked up.

I'd probably do the same thing at that situation but shit man that's fucked up.
Sep 3, 2018 8:59 AM

May 2015
Yuri vibe are strong in this one!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 5, 2018 12:30 AM

Dec 2016
Bro that shit was depressing
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 12, 2018 7:25 PM

Jun 2016
This was one of the most crazy episodes I've seen in anime,I don't know why but this was so hard to watch.
Jan 19, 2019 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
I remember reading Amane's route of the VN and wondering when the hell the flashback would end. This is the only part of the anime I'm glad they're speeding through.

FrozenRaider said:
Yuri vibe are strong in this one!

Nah, they're just friends. Between a loner and a girl with no confidence, it's only natural they get a little embarrassed.
Jan 31, 2019 4:32 PM

Nov 2016
The fact that no one is looking for them is more than strange, especially after such a long time.

But dang, this was a brutal episode:/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2019 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
I'd thought that this would be a sudden tragedy, but the way it's dragging out is brutal. I'm cringing as I watch the girls desperately scrape away just to survive.
Oct 27, 2020 4:08 PM
May 2017
Just where tf did they go for a bloody school kids training camp? And how come their parents never wondered what has happened to them?

Amane's a good girl, but her arc is the most ridiculous.
Jun 4, 2021 6:22 AM

Aug 2014
This is really good :D
I don't know if I could keep waiting there for more than 4-5 days. I would probably go somewhere. It is strange to me that it was not said where they are exactly? It cannot be Japan, in 1 day on foot you would get to any human if going most ways. They should know where is closest city/town and they could also follow the road even if it is up there. Unless they are in Congo Africa or somewhere like that in Asia?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 20, 2022 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, they are so unfortunate that the search and rescue team did such a horrid job, but yeah if they got rescued right away, there wouldn't be a story any more.
Jul 26, 2023 10:33 PM

Aug 2018
This is one of the most accurate episodes about survival. This is what happens when we have 0 knowledge on how to survive. The scenes were highly correct too, mods and rotting away of the flesh, this is very harsh but true.
Aug 23, 2023 9:22 PM

Feb 2019
Lol i'm gonna have nightmares tonight, because of the amount of bullshit these episodes have. Just look at Japan's map and try to find a spot more than 10 km away from a road, you won't. That's like 3 hours of walking, maybe twice through a forest, dragging some wounded.
Sep 10, 2023 3:53 AM

Sep 2017
one of the best anime

what was that helicopter??

Also lots of mysteries

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.