Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 11, 10:08 AM

May 2021
NoelleIsSleepy said:
Let me hear your anime or mal related confessions!

I'll go first: I frequently watch anime on 1.5-2x speed and I almost always stream through pirated sites.

Should I be sorry? Maybe. Am I though? Well...

I have dropped shows after 5 mins or less and rated them a 1... and i don't regret it

I also think a lot of shounen have top tier storytelling
May 11, 10:10 AM

Dec 2022
I've liked School Days at some point.
Getting struggled to death by Rin's thighs wouldn't be a bad way to die.

Jul 2019
I confess that my rating system is a real mystery no one has, can or will solve.

Jul 2021
I pretend that the shows I didn't like and droped simply dont exist, because I feel like it will look ugly on my profile if I add the animes I droped as well
May 11, 10:25 AM

May 2018
Reply to pludel2
@NoelleIsSleepy "Otaku Murderer"

A supposed otaku killed some people, caused a moral panic back then. It didn't cause negative attitudes toward otaku, but certainly didn't help, lol. Although, tbh, maybe the term doesn't have as much of a negative connotation anymore. It's been long enough, and anime weirdly blew up the past few years, magnitudes more than it did in the 2000's.
Sorry for the rambling reply, lol.
@pludel2 No need to say sorry I asked for the rambling reply! Totally didn't know about that incident. And you're right, anime has weirdly blown up in the past 6 years or so... I remember hiding the fact that I liked anime back in middle school (2011-2013) like I was a criminal or something.
can't yuck my yum

May 11, 12:08 PM

Oct 2017
Watching Japanese animation isn't my primary hobby, it is currently at number 3 right now for me. The hobby of mine I engage with the most is video games and as of right now the one I engage with second most is reading Western comics as I have been following the new Ultimate Marvel reboot as it is shockingly good. The reason I don't watch as much Japanese anime as I used to is that my time management has kind of gotten all fucked and I am too broke to afford new Blu Rays and DVDs at the moment which is my primary watch method. It also really doesn't help that streaming episodes a week late with ads is no longer an option with Crunchyroll so I have like 0 motivation to watch any seasonals anymore
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 11, 1:33 PM

May 2021
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@Cazqui-09 well I can explain why I do it. I do the same thing for yt videos, audio books, podcasts, and regular tv shows too... idk why, but I feel like it's easier for my brain to process if it's faster. I don't do it when it's a show or video that's trying to convey a certain atmosphere though, for obvious reasons.

I'm used to my friends bashing me for it, so I don't mind the prejudice lol
@NoelleIsSleepy That's actually quite fascinating
May 11, 1:36 PM

May 2021
@Fluffygreygrass
Fluffygreygrass said:
I often wish I was an anime character

^^ I second this last part
May 11, 5:41 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@pludel2 No need to say sorry I asked for the rambling reply! Totally didn't know about that incident. And you're right, anime has weirdly blown up in the past 6 years or so... I remember hiding the fact that I liked anime back in middle school (2011-2013) like I was a criminal or something.
@NoelleIsSleepy I feel old atm, lol.
I used to read a lot of stuff on wikipedia when I was younger (still do, lol), and that's how I came across it, iirc. I didn't hide it back in high school ('06-'10). It wasn't exactly niche, but people still got made fun of for it sometimes. Which is part of the reason I didn't join the anime club that started when I was there - seemed cringe af. To wrap up this tangent, I still find it weird that crunchyroll actually licenses stuff and is involved in creating anime. Didn't start out that way, lol.
May 11, 6:28 PM

May 2018
Reply to Ezeeql
I almost never laugh at a comedy anime, I watch them because I like the happy mood they have and I always smile when I watch them. Konosuba is the exception, it really made me laugh and I hope that when I see Gintama it will be the second one.

I've also seen many more anime than I have on the list, but I stop watching them, I don't drop them but I say to myself "it's not your time" and I effectively give them another chance after months to finish them and I end up liking them.
@Ezeeql I looove gintama, but I admit the humor isn't for everyone. It's super crass and slap stick (and there's a lot of japanese-specific references). But when the show breaks the fourth wall and references something like "our funding is getting cut" or imitates another popular anime series it gets a laugh out of me... Hope the same happens for you!
can't yuck my yum

May 11, 6:32 PM
May 11, 6:52 PM

May 2018
Reply to ST63LTH
My confession is I lowkey want to quit my job and start an anime content creator career.
@ST63LTH this might not be the sign you need, but do it. that's where the moneys at anyway (much to my chagrin)
can't yuck my yum

May 11, 6:59 PM

Mar 2020
I love old hentai especially the shit from the 70-90s and 2000s, stuff is just pure vintage, they really made some nice bangers back in the day like minerva no kenshi tokio kidou police and gedou dakuen, lest we not forget the all encompassing magnum opus that is choujin densetsu

May 11, 7:51 PM

Jun 2016
Naruto has always been a favourite of mine. Some people just can't accept the reality of a man who got Monster, LotGH and Naruto all in their faves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 8:14 PM

Nov 2019
My first account using my old deleted email could never get logged into for some reason before i made this one.
May 11, 8:16 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@Kwanthemaster this is not the first time I've been told this lol
@NoelleIsSleepy and not the last one. you should get a new hobby.
:v
May 11, 8:39 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@Ezeeql I looove gintama, but I admit the humor isn't for everyone. It's super crass and slap stick (and there's a lot of japanese-specific references). But when the show breaks the fourth wall and references something like "our funding is getting cut" or imitates another popular anime series it gets a laugh out of me... Hope the same happens for you!
@NoelleIsSleepy Yup, right now I'm watching sket dance which is an anime by a Sorachi assistant. From what I've read they have similar humor and I love it, so I'll probably love Gintama when I watch it
Hey dude
May 11, 8:56 PM
Jul 2019
if i spent my time actually watching anime rather than thinking "i should watch some anime" my completed list would be AT LEAST 3 times longer than it is now
May 11, 10:43 PM

May 2018
Reply to MichaelJackson
@NoelleIsSleepy and not the last one. you should get a new hobby.
@MichaelJackson bold of you to assume I only have one hobby!
can't yuck my yum

May 12, 2:45 AM

May 2022
This month I've been watching more western shows and hentai / doujinshi than normal anime / manga
May 12, 2:52 AM
Dec 2022
I used to watch anime on 1.5 speed as well but i realized it made me enjoy some shows much less so i stopped doing that

Also there's nothing wrong with pirate websites lol they are more accessible than legal websites
May 12, 3:59 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I lost a card game against my male friend who could make an ecchi doujin manga and as a result he made a manga whose main character is based on my appearance and personality.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 12, 7:42 AM

Oct 2019
I enjoyed highschool of the dead, more than most of the shows I have given a 8/10+ to.

That includes some of my 10s.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 12, 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
I love Yaoi Shota Incest and I'm very proud about it
May 12, 7:52 AM

Jan 2009
im more active on the forums than watching anime
May 12, 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
I have to confess I don't understand this funny YT short
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
May 12, 8:01 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to FanofAction
@Kenzolo-folk That sounds extremely boring...I guess I'm lucky to have seen as much as I have and still be able to have fun with it to some extent.
@FanofAction yep. I had the same bigoted viewpoint as kenzolo before.

I confess that most animes are average for me but I still enjoy it.

And I confess I dont ever read manwha since i deem it's too protagonist-centered literature
May 12, 9:36 AM

Oct 2013
@Animeinsight101 Another one. It's posts like this that make me think I'm not as dead inside and jaded as I feel like I am. Also you've confirmed I made the right choice not being a completionist. Thanks for that.
May 12, 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
sometimes I skip some scenes if I'm bored
May 12, 12:26 PM

Nov 2023
i root for the antagonist 9 times out of 10 cuz the protagonists are dumb mfers most of the time

00cactus
May 12, 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
I always skip the opening and the ending

If you played me openings of all the anime I watched, I will probably get 2 or 3 right
May 12, 1:01 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Cammell
I always skip the opening and the ending

If you played me openings of all the anime I watched, I will probably get 2 or 3 right
@Cammell You've probably missed out on some pretty damn good songs, then, hah.
May 12, 1:13 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@yoslina this has the same energy as "liking your own comment" and I love it
@NoelleIsSleepy LMAO FOR REAL 😆 thx
May 12, 1:59 PM

Mar 2021
This mostly reflects my past but there was often times when I would simply just buy a bunch of Anime on Official Physical copies and not even watch them. Basically due to my real life situation during a time when work and family didn't give me much free time to consume Anime at all dating back to the mid 2000s. I was basically making a lot of money for the 1st time in my life so I just collected Anime on physical copies like trading cards or stamps.

I probably own over 100+ different Anime franchises on Physical discs that I still have never gotten around to ever watching and sometimes when I do get around to them I sometimes won't even complete them but not necessarily dropping them. There is just too much new Anime that keeps on getting constantly released where there is literally almost a full quarter to a 3rd of Anime I own that I have never actually touched in my life despite the fact I own it all on physical copies.

About a half a year ago I tried to finish watching "Patlabor: The Mobile Police". By the time I got to the 5th episode my VCR started eating up the VHS tape so I tossed it to the side till I can find it one day at a reasonable price on at least DVD (would love it if I could find the entire series on Laserdisc without spending too much money on it).

A few months ago I finally got around to watching "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor" on DVD but had to stop the binge because something came up in real life I had to deal with. I never got back around to finishing it and kind of forgot which episode I left off on.

One of the most frustrating things I ran into just a few days ago was when I tried to watch "Angel Heart". I don't exactly remember when I bought this Anime series on DVD as a collection but I bought it pre-owned back in the early 2010s. The problem was one of the discs was missing and the previous owner accidently left another DVD inside the collection in it's place which was the live action Transformers movie film from 2007. So I basically officially stopped watching this Anime until "if" I ever get around and try to hunt down another copy of it.
May 12, 5:31 PM

May 2018
Reply to APolygons2
I enjoyed highschool of the dead, more than most of the shows I have given a 8/10+ to.

That includes some of my 10s.
@APolygons2 high school of the dead is probably the only ecchi anime I truly enjoyed... I just can't bring myself to hate it
can't yuck my yum

May 12, 5:33 PM

May 2018
Reply to ColourWheel
This mostly reflects my past but there was often times when I would simply just buy a bunch of Anime on Official Physical copies and not even watch them. Basically due to my real life situation during a time when work and family didn't give me much free time to consume Anime at all dating back to the mid 2000s. I was basically making a lot of money for the 1st time in my life so I just collected Anime on physical copies like trading cards or stamps.

I probably own over 100+ different Anime franchises on Physical discs that I still have never gotten around to ever watching and sometimes when I do get around to them I sometimes won't even complete them but not necessarily dropping them. There is just too much new Anime that keeps on getting constantly released where there is literally almost a full quarter to a 3rd of Anime I own that I have never actually touched in my life despite the fact I own it all on physical copies.

About a half a year ago I tried to finish watching "Patlabor: The Mobile Police". By the time I got to the 5th episode my VCR started eating up the VHS tape so I tossed it to the side till I can find it one day at a reasonable price on at least DVD (would love it if I could find the entire series on Laserdisc without spending too much money on it).

A few months ago I finally got around to watching "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor" on DVD but had to stop the binge because something came up in real life I had to deal with. I never got back around to finishing it and kind of forgot which episode I left off on.

One of the most frustrating things I ran into just a few days ago was when I tried to watch "Angel Heart". I don't exactly remember when I bought this Anime series on DVD as a collection but I bought it pre-owned back in the early 2010s. The problem was one of the discs was missing and the previous owner accidently left another DVD inside the collection in it's place which was the live action Transformers movie film from 2007. So I basically officially stopped watching this Anime until "if" I ever get around and try to hunt down another copy of it.
@ColourWheel damn you still have vhs tapes???
can't yuck my yum

May 12, 5:40 PM

Jan 2020
Never in my life did I think I would see something like "MAL confessions"
May 12, 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
If you use Windows for those piracy streaming sites, you might get viruses on your computer btw...
May 12, 5:45 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to BeastyAnimefan
If I click on someone's page and they seen less anime than I have hentai I send them a FR hoping they notice.
@BeastyAnimefan Hey there. Don't mind me. Just hoping you would look at my list.
May 12, 5:59 PM

Jul 2019
Watching anime at 1.5x speed is not wrong. Most of them aren't worth my time.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 12, 6:04 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@ColourWheel damn you still have vhs tapes???
@NoelleIsSleepy

Yes I still have plenty of VHS tapes but I rarely will ever whip them out because most of them I still own have severe magnetic deterioration. Most Anime VHS tapes I still own are simply just to collect (not really intended to be used ever again). Watching "Patlabor: The Mobile Police" was an extremely rare occasion because I only have ever seen the 1st episode back in the 90s and when I found someone selling their collection online I jumped at the opportunity to buy it because it was almost a steal for the price they were asking for. Fast forward a decade later, I decided to finally whip it out and try to watch it. The quality wasn't extremely bad for a VHS collection almost 25+ years old but I could still tell the there was still a lot of magnetic deterioration. Still a lot better than trying to watch it ripped digitally. But over the years I been slowly replacing all the Anime I own on VHS to either DVD, Blu-ray, or even Laserdisc. At the least all the Anime titles I treasure.
May 12, 7:02 PM

May 2018
Reply to ColourWheel
@NoelleIsSleepy

Yes I still have plenty of VHS tapes but I rarely will ever whip them out because most of them I still own have severe magnetic deterioration. Most Anime VHS tapes I still own are simply just to collect (not really intended to be used ever again). Watching "Patlabor: The Mobile Police" was an extremely rare occasion because I only have ever seen the 1st episode back in the 90s and when I found someone selling their collection online I jumped at the opportunity to buy it because it was almost a steal for the price they were asking for. Fast forward a decade later, I decided to finally whip it out and try to watch it. The quality wasn't extremely bad for a VHS collection almost 25+ years old but I could still tell the there was still a lot of magnetic deterioration. Still a lot better than trying to watch it ripped digitally. But over the years I been slowly replacing all the Anime I own on VHS to either DVD, Blu-ray, or even Laserdisc. At the least all the Anime titles I treasure.
@ColourWheel that's so awesome to have hardcopies! when our power goes out due to natural disasters it's always nice to whip out those dvds and watch something with the family
can't yuck my yum

May 12, 7:03 PM

May 2018
Reply to IrrelevantGuy
Never in my life did I think I would see something like "MAL confessions"
@IrrelevantGuy you're welcome lol
can't yuck my yum

May 12, 7:06 PM

May 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
If you use Windows for those piracy streaming sites, you might get viruses on your computer btw...
I don't have windows, but I do know that macbooks are particularly susceptible to viruses too. Honestly it's a miracle that I've used these sites for 15 years and never gotten a bug (*knock on wood*)
can't yuck my yum

May 13, 1:28 AM

May 2013
I haven't gives much shit about anime in the past 2 years.

Dunno why.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 13, 4:16 AM
Feb 2024
Several anime I have watched while playing video games meaning I didn't fully take everything from the anime in.
May 14, 7:30 AM

Mar 2012
I've been consuming a bit too much of

PS: I still keep away from the lewd/R-18 stuff.
Aug 3, 8:03 AM

Jan 2018
can't confess if i don't know how to handle a confession. i like mal because it's pretty okay here. other site censors users for criticizing something. usually popular site will have moderator on a power trip so i guess mal trains their moderator well like a prison school perhaps.
Aug 3, 8:20 AM
Sep 2020
Evangelion was the only show that I genuinely had to investigate A LOT in who the creator was; what he liked,disliked, his life (Hideaki Anno), as I just felt blown away to what I had seen.
Aug 3, 8:22 AM

Jan 2021
I have to admit it... Fate/Zero was not the first Fate I watched. I know.

I also have to admit... Fate/Unlimited Blade Works was not the first either.

I have to admit, it was Fate/Apocrypha.

And also, I only watched Fate/Apocrypha because the pink haired girl looked cute.

Turns out... Astolfo was a boy. Its okay, I was still into it.

Both the show and the trap.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Would you sacrifice your favorite anime in exchange for that your waifu will become real?

Spunkert - 23 minutes ago

7 by Zimmu »»
3 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

139 by DigiCat »»
3 minutes ago

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - Yesterday

21 by Zimmu »»
5 minutes ago

» Collection of CPM Auditions For Outlanders

RareAnimeHunter - 5 hours ago

5 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 8 hours ago

27 by Piromysl »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.