Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Mitsumi likes her sweet food lol

This episode was interesting that it focused a lot on Yuzuki, who seems like a nice person. Seems like the type of person that can make friends with anyone with her looks and personality. The theater scene was quite amusing...they should do more of these type of episodes to have the cast go out and just enjoy life together.

Apr 18, 2023 7:55 AM

Nov 2010
That good-looking boy and girl seem almost mind reading ESPers. Receiving such consideration, you would rather shrink than feel relieved.
Apr 18, 2023 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
Another new friend who was a bit distant at first but seems to like Mitsumi a lot now, guess she just needed the first push.
Yuzuki is good at reading the atmosphere and reacts well to others which is a nice quality to have and i guess she picks her friends well.
Egashira on the other hand is trying to hard well hopefully she will mellow out a bit.
Apr 18, 2023 8:52 AM

Oct 2012
Everything felt so natural it was captivating. I can't get enough of these characters. 20 minutes just flew by.
Apr 18, 2023 8:58 AM
May 2021
i really really don't like egashira. other than her though, i absolutely adore this show and the cast. mitsumi is the absolutely sweetest, and that shows by how easily she makes friends and how comfortable people are around her. can't wait for next week
My 2023 candies:
Apr 18, 2023 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
I understand where Egashira is coming from, it's not that easy since she probably isn't accustomed to these kind of people, but glad that she wanna change that.

Mitsumi and Yuzuki are such a great friends to have.

Lol at these adjusting glasses near the end, will never get old for me.
Apr 18, 2023 9:11 AM

Mar 2021
This was a nice episode it's great to see Mitsumi settling in and making friends
Apr 18, 2023 9:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Visiting the SC for the first time huh always nerve wracking. Thats quite the combo for Kurume's interests. Still her acessment of Mitsumi and co was pretty funny. Takamine's planner really was jam packed. Some day Kurume's gonna have a heart attack from Mitsumi's surprise attacks. But it was cute seeing them open up at the coffee shop. Mitsu's fashion sense defo needs work though. Yuzuki sure dealt with Mika's plan by simply appearing at the event. The bonding moments were pretty nice. For Kurumi such opportunities are pretty rare due to her nature but im glad that she was able to make her first friends. But its nice that their first outing as friends were that successful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2023 9:19 AM

Feb 2017
I still can't get over the little dance in the OP it's too cute
Apr 18, 2023 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
The comedy is great in this show, couldn't stop myself from laughing xd we eating good!
Apr 18, 2023 9:33 AM
Jun 2020
Everyone really just chills out around her.
from her trying out "starbucks" to realizing salted caramel is a bomb flavor combo, made her character so likable. She is just too innocent
Apr 18, 2023 9:37 AM

Feb 2021
This OP is so wholesome and uplifting. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I think a better translation of 苦手なタイプ in this case would be "I'm not good with people like you" instead of "I don't like people like you". Either way, Yuzuki and Kurume are gonna be on better terms from now on so it's all good.
This is such a joy to watch.
Apr 18, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 2015
Love the Baby Duck learning to swim at Starmax
Apr 18, 2023 9:54 AM

Dec 2022
Spanish

QUE LINDOOOOO!!!!
Adoro lo tierno y simple que es este anime, me tranquiliza muchísimo.
Gran capítulo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Translation

SO CUTE!!!!
I love how cute and simple this anime is, it calms me down a lot.
Great chapter.

(Sorry for my bad english. I'm using google translate since ''All posts in the main forum must be in English.'')
Apr 18, 2023 10:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This show is incredible, i can't believe what i'm watching here. 

Apr 18, 2023 10:09 AM

May 2013
Smudy said:
This show is incredible, i can't believe what i'm watching here. 

ikr? I'm totally falling for this show at this point. So straightforward and heartwarming.
Apr 18, 2023 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
Awww another amazing episode. This really is peak slice of life. One of the best I’ve ever seen.

I love how they foreshadowed yuzuki and makoto becoming friends at the beginning of the episode with how the two main leads get along so well. Opposites attract as they say. I didn’t expect yuzuki to be so emotionally intelligent and down to earth too. Even though she’s gorgeous and fashionable she’s aware of everyone’s feelings and tries to make people feel more comfortable. Whether it’s Makoto or Egashira.

I like how real everyone feels in this series, will definitely be tapping into the manga once this finishes
Apr 18, 2023 10:18 AM

Aug 2020
The episodes of this series ends just too fast, each and every moment is just too comfy and fun to watch and characters interaction are so Natural and smooth.

Really thankful to PA works to adapting this manga this greatly.
Apr 18, 2023 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
I love how much attention to detail is showcased to the side characters/friends, especially surrounding Kurume in this episode. Even though she was shy in the beginning and still is, there are people around her that want to spend time with her and help her slowly come out of her shell, whether it is with Mitsumi (with some assistance from Shima at times) or Murashige. There are characters in this group that on paper would not gel well with each other, but those preconceived notions aren't here. Murashige isn't like your typical gals that Kurume pictured, she was welcoming and understanding towards Kurume without feeling hurt by Kurume blowing her off a couple times due to her nervousness. It's just so easy to love many characters in this series and the overall friendship elements here, feels like a ton of heart is put into these characters to make them more than just side characters in this series. Anime continues to be a stellar adaptation overall.
Apr 18, 2023 10:23 AM

Apr 2023
Kurume is just like me fr. The more friends that Mitsumi gets, the more interesting and refreshing this anime becomes!

Apr 18, 2023 10:24 AM
Oct 2016
Mitsumi is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. She exudes wholesome and pure bliss. Her reactions this episode to trying so many new things in the city had me smiling the entire episode. Going to the student council didn't prove as fruitful as Mitsumi wanted but at least she can be apart of their support team and maybe join later. She got to meet Kurume there and made a new friend. Stopping by that coffee shop and trying the new limited time drink. Sousuke is right saying that Mitsumi puts people at ease when she's around them. Kurume is normally very shy and conscientious about how people think of her but with Mitsumi she's smiling and having fun, trying new things. Kind of sad that Kurume asked Mitsumi to go to that movie together and everyone else just sort of invited themselves. But I'm glad that Kurume could make another new friend in Yuzuki and wants to learn more about her. Mitsumi is right that memories are formed by the people you spend time with. Her Tokyo dream life is looking on track.
Apr 18, 2023 10:27 AM

Nov 2021
Man I absolutely adore the character writing in this show. This is an absolute joy to watch, feels like episode passed by in an instant.
Apr 18, 2023 10:35 AM

Dec 2020
Yuzuki is trying to be nice and want to talk with her and now that she also like popcorn with salt and in the end this series so nice to watch.
Mitsumi and her style haha.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 18, 2023 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
Mitsumi approaching Kurume be like, "Hey kiddo, want to do some action anime student council things?"

I personally would change the top, not the pants, I really liked the pants.
Apr 18, 2023 10:44 AM
Mar 2017
Another great episode! I'm thrilled to see one of my favorite ongoing manga series getting such a consistently high-quality adaptation.

When Kurume mentions how Mitsumi and Shima seems different kinds of people, this shot of their drinks wasn't in the manga, and I wonder whether the author intended for this symbolic imagery reflecting these characters' personalities. In any case, I found this added touch pretty thoughtful.

Mitsumi is straightforward and open (literally), while Kurume is more reserved. Meanwhile Shima has a white and non-transparent cup, reminding of how Egashira later in ep3 mentions that he can be hard to grasp and enigmatic. (Also, the contents of his cup is hot coffee; I'll probably be reading into this too much if I take that to mean he's not as bright as he seems)

kimx0617Apr 18, 2023 10:48 AM
Apr 18, 2023 10:47 AM

May 2022
Mitsumi is such a great character. I really love her confidence and ambition. It also leads to some really funny moments.
Apr 18, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2020
This feels so natural, without even even trying. The characters, the atmosphere, the interactions and most of all whatever these people do... the normal high schooler things.

Gang is getting bigger with every passing episode, though there's one person who's too worked up for god knows what reason. Won't mind a bit if she got left out anyways, as there's no place for uncalled jealousy when there's so much positiveness around.
Apr 18, 2023 10:58 AM
Dec 2020
Incredible episode, I'm loving the series more and more!

The comedy feels just right despite it's again showing Mitsumi experiencing new things in the new environment. I like that the duck appears again (first swim aww), and the outfit showcase part is also fun to watch. Not to mention the daydream of being on television before entering the student council office, the imagination just goes wild.

The best part of the show is its lesson to the characters (and us). It accurately depicts the reaction from someone lacking self-confidence: only interact with those they trust and may seem unfriendly to others. However, this may just be a self protection mechanism to them, maybe they don't meant to act like that.

The lesson in EP2 is to not have prejudice on others just from first impression. And in EP3, it uses the sweet/salty flavor of popcorn as metaphor to show that even two people are quite different in personality, traits, appearance or preference, there will always be something in common, and thus it's fine to take a step to befriend with them.
Apr 18, 2023 11:07 AM

Jan 2021
Mitsumi is ready to join the student council, she even lets it look like its a big mission on the moon lol, but then she sees Makoto waiting at the door also. Mitsumi creeps behind Makoto and literally jumpscares her, oh Yuzuki & Shima tagged along as well. There's some bad news as they can't join the student council yet so Mitsumi is joining Tsubame Society. 

Mitsumi and the rest then make their way to the Starmax and Mitsumi is trying boba there for the first time, that face was priceless. They have a nice time at the Starmax and Mitsumi & Makoto change ID's. Looks like Mitsumi likes fashion but her sis stops her as she is about to leave the door lmao. There's a movie going on and its the perfect moment for their assignment and Makoto asks if Mitsumi wants to go as well, and ofcourse some other people are tagging along, even Mika. Mika does what Mika does best, bullying or something, saying that their clothes are plain, bruh. Mika then gets beaten by Yuzuki when it comes to clothing.

They decide its a good thing to have something to eat before the film. Mika trying to be like a tryhard for Shima, be happy that Shima even noticed your looks. An awkward moment begins between Makoto & Yuzuki, she's only trying to be friendly with her. Yuzuki feels now guilty towards Makoto but Makoto doesn't like such types, the people around her think that she's a dweeb. Mitsumi is late on what's happening. Mitsumi then tries to fix the awkward tension what is going on in the cinema, how? by propping herself full of popcorn lol. Makoto then sends a text towards Yuzuki and all is good luckily. Mika her jealousy begins to play again when they're walking to the Starmax (I think) and she hopes that Shima is only taking a liking towards Mitsumi as a friend. Mitsumi is sure that she will come to love Tokyo. 

Apr 18, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2020
this was an exceptional episode and at this point, this show is definitely my aots right now and will continue to do so if it keeps up the consistency. the characters are so dynamic, engaging and simply just charming, and the series does such a stellar job of endearing you to them by being able to so easily give strong, quick and efficient characterisation to all of them in just little moments while being so seamless and organic. the character writing is immaculate and it's just overall so peaceful and cozy, like snuggling up and drinking hot chocolate in a cold night. 

one of the best slice of lifes ive seen in a while, and considering how i dont like the genre all that much, this feels like a huge breath of fresh air
Apr 18, 2023 11:25 AM
Dec 2017
At first i thought that i'm seeing things, but Egashira Mika, from certain angles, really looks like Misato Katsuragi, it's not just a haircut - eyes and a shape of her head too.
Apr 18, 2023 11:31 AM
Nov 2020
It keeps getting very real and wholesome! I'm starting to miss my school days, should have hung out more after school
Apr 18, 2023 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
Aw, Mitsumi helped break the ice between Yuzu and Kurume. Maybe Yuzu and Egashira will be next.
Apr 18, 2023 11:35 AM
Mar 2020
This Anime is so easy to digest, so cool
Apr 18, 2023 11:54 AM
Jul 2015
Yuzu has huge chad balls.
Apr 18, 2023 12:31 PM
Jul 2016
I think it's funny that Mitsumi imagines an elderly version of herself. Like as a kid, I've imagined what a future version of myself would be like, but never over 30-something. I guess Japanese really admire their elders.
Apr 18, 2023 12:43 PM

Mar 2020
This show is definitely doing something that I've always wanted slice of life/romcoms to do, and that is, have a very amusing main duo, while developing the side characters as well. So far, I like all the characters at least to some extent, yes, even Mika, because I do see signs of development down the road that could end up being quite intriguing. This friend group feels like the most wholesome bunch ever, and not in your typical cutesy way, but in a very grounded, realistic way. At first glance, it looks difficult for this bunch to all get along, and to be honest, they aren't really too acquainted with each other yet, which makes these interactions so amusing. The way Yuzuki and Sousuke manage to read the room and help out Mitsumi, or Kurume, I love that. Mitsumi is quite awkward at times, but it's really interesting how despite her awkwardness, she can still make people feel extremely comfortable around her. Her inner monologues are also so good, and I’m convinced now that Tomoyo Kurosawa is just perfect for the role.

As for the art style, I love it, and the creativeness of it. It's not particularly popping off the screen or anything, but it works so well with the plot and characters to create such a fun atmosphere. It has most definitely rocketed up my list for the best of the season, and it stands neck and neck with the likes of Oshi no Ko, My Clueless First Friend, and Heavenly Delusion for my favourites. It's been a delight watching this so far, can't wait for more!
McsuperApr 18, 2023 1:20 PM
Apr 18, 2023 12:50 PM
Oct 2021
this show keeps getting better n better. honestly love the MC so much
Apr 18, 2023 12:53 PM
Aug 2015
This show captures teenage relationship really goddamn well, it is so natural. What a great show
Apr 18, 2023 1:01 PM

May 2019
Good episode, when Mitsumi had the caramel and salted popcorn it reminded me of the large holiday cans of popcorn that are sold here in America, they usually have salted, caramel, and cheese. I'm also a fan of the caramel and salted ones with cheese good on its own.

Yuzuki, despite her good looks, is pretty down to earth and seems like a good person, unlike Egashira who is constantly trying to win over Shima (at least that's how it appears to me). New character Kurume is coming out of her shell with Mitsumi's help. Mitsumi is a likeable girl and part of that is because she's willing to try new things (like the popcorn combination).
Apr 18, 2023 2:09 PM

Dec 2015
A good episode. Different from the insomnia anime and I like the insomnia anime more - because it seems to go more at a romance route + I like the cat and the chars. (And that the romance seems not too over the top like in most other generic romance stuff.) Here it seems more like the SoL kinde of type ... but not boring SoL with club activities and stuff ... but with the everyday life and problems the people at that age have.

Works fine - especially with the good mix of characters + focus on also other chars than the main bo and girl.  New girl (the shy one) seemed to have focus in this episode. And it was obvious that she seemed to like (or to be interested) in certain stuff ... but probably thought she'd seem awkward if she admitted it. Nice that she send the text message to the beautiful girl - this will give both of them a bit of development.

Shima ... kinde might be a better politician than Mitsumi lol. She does not notice things and he (I guess) noticed that the other girl dressed up - giving a comment on her clothes so she won't be too sad with nobody commenting. That girl also have problems ... not feeling good unless dressed up and jealous of the natural beauty. + shima the past as actor ... that he wants to hide.
Apr 18, 2023 2:10 PM

Jul 2017
Haha, Mitsumi trying to be Neil Armstrong with her debut into society, all the best, girl!

This is the same for Kurume Makoto on the space between herself and the student council office, and there's Mitsumi together with her "followers" of Yuzuki and Shima, though the former is not interested at all. As expected, Mitsumi is very adamant on wanting to student council life, and thanks to President Yamamoto and Treasurer Takamine, they largely have an idea of how its run, at least for the Tsubame Society. A scary encounter over coffee, and despite Shima consistently still being scouted from Narumi Kanechika about the drama club, the awkward Kurume slowly fits into their realm, coming out of her shell.

The class literally having to watch a movie for an assignment, and the rest meet outside, with Mika thinking that she dressed up for the docks, that's until Yuzuki shows up and blows everyone away. Kurume follows Mitsumi's lead, but it's Yuzuki who came in for the clutch on Camp Salted and Caramel for the popcorn, that thanks to Mitsumi, she eases up. That's one person down, and Mitsumi's journey into the Tokyo life, has only just begun.

It's teenage adolescence, captured beautifully.
Apr 18, 2023 2:18 PM

Aug 2019
Holy shit, they went to see Gone With The Wind...
Johnny_MelaslavoApr 29, 2023 11:02 PM
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Apr 18, 2023 2:43 PM

Jul 2022
its aight but nothing too good
Apr 18, 2023 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
Aah I love every episode of this so much! I would 100% marathon this series if it was already finished, all the episodes go by so fast. It's amazing how much they focus on small details throughout the episodes. Really shows a lot of love and care was put into this adaptation! I really love how this series can show emotions and characterization without words and spelling it out for the viewer!

Kurume was so cute when she received the picture from Mitsumi! It's great to see the group form and it having a great mix of people with different personalities. It really makes it interesting to watch. Shima and Kurume having shared moment of watching how cute little baby chick Mitsumi was experiencing boba for the first time was funny and adorable. It's a great gag. Can't wait for next week!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Apr 18, 2023 3:01 PM

Mar 2019
Another peak episode! Mako is here too!! And god I really love Yuzu's personality
Apr 18, 2023 3:11 PM

Jul 2021
Voice acting on point as always. Kurume is finally here!! Btw she is the same VA who is currently voicing Kana from Oshi No Ko, and from the other likes: Gon from Hunter x Hunter  & Momiji from Furuba. Very impressed by her voice on-the-line so far. From Kurume's perspective, she thinks that being a lead role is a bad idea but that's honestly because of her doubtness in self-acceptance and Mitsumi on the other is trying to be friend her, even though she looks like an absolute threat to humanity!!! Also Tokiko is finally here as well, can't wait to see her in the later episodes but yeah first impression of her planner.. I don't think a student council member in my school got everything this piled up as a planner. Like listing various activities, be it physical or online, for every 5-10 minutes is quite a schedule. Mitsumi's first time trying boba, I honestly thought this was like a Frappuccino or something, just because of the whipped cream and some syrup, never knew you can add boba to it even though I would separate it. Assuming this is like a combination of strawberry and matcha.. and Mika will get a lot of hate for her like self-ego and all  but moving forward, yk why shes being like this in the first place. To give a hint (Even if I'm an anime-only), it's something to do with body insecurities.
Apr 18, 2023 4:00 PM
Oct 2020
Nice episode and I really want some popcorn now
Apr 18, 2023 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
This show has done a tremendous job fleshing out these characters so far. All except Shima which is fine since he is the main character besides Mitsumi.

And I hated on Mika the past two episodes this episode really did a great job showcasing her insecurities especially when it came to her comparing herself to Yuzuki.

Makoto's like tippy toe thing on the platform after getting a text from Shima as well was super adorable.

Yuzuki getting jealous of them going to Starbucks was cute.

And Mitsumi asking for Makoto's info was just awesome

I feel like this development for these characters is really setting up for the Drama bomb that is about to go off.
SoraSenpaiApr 18, 2023 4:06 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 18, 2023 4:19 PM

Apr 2022
another nice episode. best girl yuzu.
iwakura sucks at selfies lmao and i like how mika realized she was a try-hard.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

135 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 21, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

235 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

27 by perseii »»
Jun 26, 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.