Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 7, 2017 1:05 AM
Oct 2013
This ending manage to almost kill the entire series for me. Overall its ok, not great but not bad either. The story theme used a lot but its ok here and I had good time watching it.

However the ending to the fight in this episode was just bad and stupid. They won the fight, the MC could have went in and kill the bad guy.But no the bad guy say something about the girl over using mana and rather than take the 10s it would have to kill the bad guy the MC runs back to the girl to do wait for it... NOTHING! While giving time for the bad guy to escape.

This is beyond retarded way to script the bad guy escaping, could have literally have the MC close in for the kill, the bad guy idk use something that blind the MC for a bit and escape. Bam instantly more believable and not retarded way for the bad guy to escape.

Or even better have the bad guy launch a sneak attack on the girl who how can't move. MC goes to block for her maybe get injured pretty badly bad guy escapes. Even better coz build relationship between the characters.

But no MC just let the bad guy go free because he had to see how she was doing I guess -.- Arg maybe its coz I read so much story now days that I see these things became more obvious to me but I don't mind tropes done well but this is just plain dumb. Bad guy escaped coz he had plot armor so strong it changed the MC's peronality for a moment there so he could escape.
Jul 8, 2017 7:44 AM

Feb 2013
LOL Sisti's hair.

4/10 (below average)
Funny at times. OK action. This was never going to be "great".
Best girl: Rumia
Jul 12, 2017 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
Gah! I finally survived :)

Okay here is my thoughts:

Well the first episode three episode was the most finest and incredible of the show. I t was really exciting, thrilling and was a full of blasting blasting blast for me. BUT!!! I don't mind if middle episodes were so-so BUT, last episode or before last was very terrible as-
* story gets weak
* too much classic usage
* forced
* cringy
* unpleasant
* the art didnt felt charming (altho fights were surprisingly OK)
* Sistene was getting annoying (or she had too much focus on the storyteacher and student relationship is NEVER justifyable!)
* too much same plot reused

Gah! what went really wrong? Basically this happens-> comedy, mistake, kidnap, then showdown!,rinse...repeat! GAH! I never thought it could go soo repetitive plot. This one had potential to be modern version of GTO if-
* there was 26 episode
* more other character focus
* creative plot

Overall, maybe I am rating this 6 or 5 out of 10 at the end. I will give this credit to half-badass MC, some good soundtrack and smashing intro. Speaking of season 2, this won't come for sure.
Jul 14, 2017 6:20 AM

Oct 2013
This series every episode was entertaining.
I like the comedy and seriousness. Leos a tragic death...
Goofy sensei the best.

8/10
Jul 17, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2012
The beginning was promising with this cool teacher and strong students, but I think they spent too much time adding drama to the girls. The story about the past of Shironeko was okay, but I didn't feel invested in it.
It is too bad since there is so much mystery around Glenn, I would have liked to learn more things about him.
Jul 17, 2017 4:54 AM
Apr 2008
At first I really loved this anime. Felt like it would become anime of the season for me. Personally I loved the humor in he first few episodes but then it started to go downhill. After those first few episodes it started to become more and more generic.

In the end I still loved it though. And I really hope it gets a 2nd season.

Jul 19, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2009
MC had chance to kill the enemy but didnt do it-ending.
5/10.
use goddamn knife to stab his hearth or something!
Jul 26, 2017 1:03 AM

Jan 2016
Okay series, episode 2 was by far the best in the series, but sadly nothing else really stood out from that. A lot of things heavily depended on Glenn and he basically carried the show. 7/10
Jul 31, 2017 5:12 AM

Jun 2015
Started off nicely, but seems it was a bit comedy too much at times and the story was rushed. I like the story and the characters, I just don't feel satisfied with the ending and all. There's a opening for a season two there, which I definitely would watch if they make it.
Not sure if them leaving off the plot and not saying anything about the drug and all that was a prompt for people to read the light novel, but it definitely seems it. (Also Sistine's dress was pretty, but honestly that hair is a no-no.)
7/10
Jul 31, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2012
Villains that are evil just for the sake of being evil are so lame.

5/10
Aug 5, 2017 10:03 PM

Mar 2014
Apparently when you don't watch all the seasonal fantasies that come out every single year, one of them turns out to be quite enjoyable.

6/10
Aug 7, 2017 7:28 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense yet still average ending if you ask me. In general this was a nice match but from start till end a lot of different things have been shown making the whole anime a bit weird in my opinion yet still somewhat enjoyable.

All in all a pretty decent one but nothing too special either.
Aug 10, 2017 6:40 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Pretty good finale, despite the final guy being fairly easy to defeat once Sisti was there. The battle was cool, regardless.

Overall, I liked this show. I think it got pretty interesting in some parts and I had fun. The bad guy dropped some interesting hints on the Akashic Records.

I'd like to see a sequel if possible. Glenn was a pretty fun guy. 6/10
Aug 11, 2017 10:49 AM

Dec 2016
A pretty plain watch that got repetitive once you realized any new character added that spoke was pretty much the villain of the upcoming arc. The only reason I actually finished this show was because of my main man Glenn, and his quest to get that sweet, sweet magical high school poon lmaoooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 15, 2017 7:34 PM

Mar 2009
sistine on this episode.... soooo cute omg.
Hatsune-MikuAug 15, 2017 7:45 PM
Aug 19, 2017 6:02 PM

Jun 2013
This was pretty mediocre. It had its momentum in the beginning but half-way through it just felt rushed especially the last episode. Hell I still don't understand why the other guy wanted to kill Glenn. Even the objective of the villains is confusing and lame. Even the action was disappointing. You can literally tell the lack of creativity that went into this.

The protagonist was the most interesting part of the this show. He really made the show enjoyable for the most part. But I felt indifferent towards other characters especially the female protagonists. I mean most of the time they were damsels in distress who were either manipulated or just powerless. Sistine's character rekindled my hate for tsunderes. And like a typical tsundere she was abusive and obnoxious towards the MC but submissive and powerless against the antagonist because she was "blackmailed" despite being powerful. Now this would've worked out quite well in hentai LOL. Anyway I think Rumia was the most mature and understanding character but unfortunately she is not portrayed as a potential love interest.

5/10
I-JitsuAug 19, 2017 6:08 PM
Sep 12, 2017 12:55 AM

May 2013
I just binge watch this anime from ep 2 to 12. Totally worth it. I would love to see a second season in a few years.
Sep 24, 2017 10:55 AM
Mar 2017
Finished the series after 2 days, overall it's very enjoyable in many ways (8/10).

A little disappointment in the finale though. I was expecting an epic battle between the MC and the villain. Glenn just lost a week earlier and said it himself that he will have to fight seriously, with everything he has. But eventually the result is quite the same, he lost after several moves. Then suddenly with the help of Sistine, they become extremely strong and defeat the villain in 2 seconds :O. It was so quick that I have to go back and check if I missed something, very rush indeed.
Sep 26, 2017 5:52 PM
Dec 2013
Sisti was cute, this is all that matters.
Oct 2, 2017 11:39 AM

Jun 2011
Agree with most people, the beginning caught my attention almost immediately, the moe wasn't overwhelming, the main protagonist has pretty cool design, really digging everything at the beginning and still enjoyed it until the end but they kept repeating the same storyline of either Rumia or Sistine being kidnapped, held hostage and whatnot and it just became really bland. Sistine is adorable when she's not just being an annoyance crying about everything. Rumia is hands down best girl. The protagonist who had a pretty fun personality at the beginning turned into too much of a hero personality, and I don't mean hero as in the kind where he aspired to be, but you know how the typical "cool harem lead" are, things they do are cringy.

Another thing that I like about this is how the author doesn't force the entire harem thing down our throat, the girls actually act normally all the time, and actually feel like they have a life outside of trying to be the main dude's girl.. unlike many other harem out there ahem *saekano* ahem that make me feel like the girls themselves do not have their own life outside of being with the protagonist.

Loved that emotional OST. Could've been much better but I've enjoyed it for what it is. Would love to have a second season.

edit: really subpar voice acting however
ToG25thBaamOct 3, 2017 10:45 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 27, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2015
Hah.... I unexpectedly ended up liking this anime despite the super bad first episode. Interested to know the continuation, though unfortunately no English release for the light novel? Oh well...

Edit: The guy above me basically summed up my thoughts quite nicely. Especially the part 'author doesn't force the entire harem thing down our throat, girls actually act normal'. Probably the thing that makes me enjoy this anime.
Ioryogi-kunOct 27, 2017 11:48 AM
Nov 5, 2017 6:29 AM

Sep 2012
it was fun raid 8/10

new lets hope they make another season

vyktar said:
Sisti was cute, this is all that matters.

the last one, the one at right is familial, but cant remember where, also Holo i do recognize from that pic, the one at left is Holo
Sugram22Nov 5, 2017 6:41 AM
Jan 5, 2018 9:53 PM

Nov 2015
Why Guren has to be so perfect ?
Jan 18, 2018 5:44 AM

Sep 2013
And no one cared about Leos-kun... :'(

Would've been interesting if they kept him alive as a rival for Sistine.
A rationale for acting the way he did was him losing his rationality when he dopes himself with a drug to be able to fight against Glenn.
Jan 27, 2018 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
8/10

Just going to say people who don't like this anime have shit taste. Seriously. I'm really convinced a quarter to half of the MAL community has sticks up their butts. They need help from Kevin Bacon.

This series has a lot of potential and it is continuing to build upwards. I'm very glad I watched it. It's a lot more innovative than people are giving it credit.

We'll really know the worth of the series when season 2 comes out. I would be willing to bet it will be better than this season, but not in this community. Either it will be great, or it will crash and burn, but even if it is great I doubt many here will be able to tell. Of course, the score speaks for itself. More people love it than hate it. I shouldn't be so harsh. idk I just get really sick of the haters, especially when some of them are officials on the site. MAL should really get people with more objectivity for their news team. But, you know, what can you expect when most real journalists aren't objective whatsoever these days.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Mar 30, 2018 7:08 AM

Nov 2010
Had potential, but the last arc was pretty shit.
The final fight was pretty lackluster and Sistine got pretty annoying towards the end.

6/10
Apr 3, 2018 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Why did he proceed with the wedding if he had already gotten rid of Leos? Just to ruin poor Sisti's life? That cruel bastard...
Did feel as if the ending was a little rushed though, but good to see Glenn saving the day again, and again with the help of White Cat.
The ending greatly implies there will be a second season, I'm looking forward to it.
Apr 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Jan 2012
And so Glenn-sensei saves Sistine from her marriage to "Leos" and the two fight together against a common enemy. Boy it got rather gruesome there at the end huh? Casual murder of zombie-esque drug addicts and seeing the real Leos' mangled, decaying corpse. Yeesh. Well uhhhh this was an alright series. Nothing particularly original for the most part, but there were a few cute subversions here and there like Glenn actually getting his ass handed to him by Sistine in their duel early on. It seemed to me like the series was divided into 4 3 episode arcs. Each of which either featured Rumia being kidnapped or threatened to be kidnapped/killed in some way. I probably liked the second arc with her mother best. I was dreading that necklace brainwashing her turning her evil from the moment she put it on, but thankfully it was just a standard instant-death plot device instead so we avoided that garbage. I would have liked a little more time of them bonding together at the end but oh well. Re=L's arc was probably my least favorite. It went too fast from her attempted murder of Glenn and Rumia to everyone just forgiving her no problem. Feh. But from what readers of the source material have said this entire series was very rushed so maybe it's handled better there, who knows? I did grow to like Glenn's relationship with Sistine and Rumia and the rest of the students. I could see myself giving this a generous 7 but I'll keep it at 6 out of 10. I'd probably check out a second season at some point if we ever got it, but don't think we will. Oh, and for what it's worth the best end card easily came from episode 11 which depicted Sistine playing with Rumia's massively big, beautiful tits! Yes I did need to throw that out there thank you very much. XD
May 20, 2018 6:21 PM

Jun 2017
Leos' death is simply lol, nobody even cared about it.

Series has a lot of potential, i'd love to see a second season (with more flashbacks, sara seems to be a lovable character)
7.5/10 imo
Nov 18, 2018 5:08 AM

Aug 2018
A likable enough little series. I’d like a second season, but it’s not looking good.
Feb 12, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2018
Started well, but Re=L and last arc sucked big time.Good soundtrack tho, I will give that.

4/10
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Mar 17, 2019 8:37 PM

May 2016
Well yes ending sucked ass but I still loved the series laughed my ass off so much. Guess no s2 since the ending was so ass
Jun 13, 2019 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
seems white cat and senseis ship is set in stone despite no kiss no confession
Jun 29, 2019 9:43 PM

Mar 2019
God damn open endings.. Would be nice if it wrapped things up better if there wasn't going to be a second season..
Oct 30, 2019 4:38 AM
Jan 2017
trash...
i really disappointed about the ending .. at first episode this series was really fun and i think its different from other magic anime but no. after the moment at episode 11 when sistine was proposed by the man and here i see that sistine is really bad character and ending just like DXD rias saved by issei at her marriage.. the bad moment i love to see glenn serious eye.. but he back to this fucking romantic comady...
this trash just has no uniqe thing from other anime..
5/10 because sistine and the ending..
Nov 24, 2019 8:11 PM
Jan 2019
class begins... and season 2 will never happen. more enjoyable than i expected, but still too many plot points left unanswered. 6/10

plus re=L and white cat became unbearable
Dec 16, 2019 3:43 PM

May 2018
Well, I take this as an okay anime, nothing special but it was entertaining.

Dec 28, 2019 9:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The obvious end but the good one... I will miss this anime, it has some problems but overall it was really enjoyable and good, especially for the characters (Glenn and Sistine) 7/10 I really hope for a second season
Jan 6, 2020 4:46 AM
Jan 2020
Great! It's good to see everyone already talking about this anime. Been two years already and still no Season 2 yet?

9/10 gotta have 5 more seasons.
Sep 11, 2020 9:11 PM

Oct 2019
As someone who read the manga, this is actually fun and solid adaptation that easily got me hooked. Easily 7/10.
Mar 22, 2021 4:01 AM

Apr 2009
And suddenly a new villain! Hmmm...oh OK. Justice my ass!

Looks like Jattice doesn't care about the Researchers, or maybe he has another form of relations with them? Maybe Celica's labyrinth and Eleanor's "door" is the same thing?

Overall I don't think it's that great, the plot could have been better, the pacing was jut OK but I was still entertained none the less. 7/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 29, 2021 5:07 AM
Mar 2019
Weirdest Super Mario adaptation
Jun 1, 2021 11:51 AM

May 2020
Seems the villain is smol-glasses guy who with Leos. Hope more sequel can't wait sensei marry to shironeko
Jun 30, 2021 10:53 PM
Oct 2017
Took me years to finish this appalling show. Terrible writing about with females looking like 13yr old strippers. They need to stop with the Ephebophilia/Hebephilia nonsense.
Aug 11, 2021 4:30 AM
Aug 2021
hello i'm from vietnam young people we really like part 1 of the movie, i hope the author will release part 2 i fully support
10/10
Aug 26, 2021 10:31 PM

Jun 2020
That was a very interesting start for the episode and Glenn's whereabouts are yet to be answered but that was a predictable entrance like I feel like that was going to be the time he'll make his appearance

Sistine was not ready to see this side of the Magic world and to see this side of Glenn honestly I feel her fear for Glenn as he massacred those people and finally the appearance of Leos that guy just doesn't give a shit as long as he gets to fight Glenn

That last fight was pretty good and quite underwhelming as they defeated Jatice but that was a very timid ending glad that it took that path instead of something bad happening instead, Well I love to see more of Glenn teaching the whole class much more advanced magic and I would actually love if the OP was played one last time it's just that good so damn good.

That was an interesting series I was quite hooked even from the start and going through the end of the episode and each episode is just blessed with this wonderful OP like one of the best, That ending was a bit lacking and ends up wanting me to read more of the story that Glenn has carved his path to teaching these kids each character was interesting with Rumia being the hostage as episodes go by like she doesn't really get a break until Sistine's arc but all in all this was an entertaining series I love it and want to see more of the story.
Jan 5, 2022 10:21 AM

Dec 2020
Mal needs to add shounen tag ASAP. Seriously, not only this show but so many others that I have come to known are for shounen demographics.

As for the show, it started something different but ended up quite mediocre, even that is somewhat of appreciation.

Know that the story is still incompletes and I'm not seeing S2 happening either.
May 2, 2022 11:50 PM

Jan 2010
So, this incorporates a lot of things I dislike in dramatic narratives: waifu stealing, waiting around and suffering in secret for the sake of others, a dastardly smug antagonists, and having this all prolonged for the sake of forcing viewers to suffer along with the characters. And, to top off all this cheese, we have wedding crashing, including a literal bridal carry. Wow, that all spiraled out of control really fast. There's a drug that turns you into an obedient mind-controlled slave, and Glenn is just killing these people left and right, geez. Plus, there's that cliffhanger leading to the light novels, so that sucks too.

The magic system briefly touched on in the second episode was somewhat interesting, and watching Glenn have fun with his class at the beach was nice. Everything else seem to be missing details or rely on evil people doing evil things for evil reasons. Was there no school security? Was there no branch of the military seeking to eliminate the Researchers of Divine Wisdom, or was the kingdom so engrained in corruption that the group has influence throughout the royal court? If the goal was to kill nobles and gain power, then why go through with all these elaborate plots? The Researchers seem powerful and influential enough to just outright kill anyone they want, so I feel some information is missing regarding their goals and methodologies.

At the end, RokuAka is okay for what it is, but it leaves a lot to be desired, possibly due to its purpose of redirecting viewers to the light novel, rather than telling a complete story.
Sep 4, 2022 12:44 PM
Sep 2022
There was a weird, unsatisfatory inroduction in episode 1, but episode 2 and onwards had me kinda invested, it was pretty good. However episode 11 and 12 went down an unusual path and the ending was very climactic, it felt very rushed as the "main end fight" or "boss fight" along with the "wholesome resolution/ending" happened all in the span of 10 minutes rather than spanning out over the episode. This is one of those weird animes where the Introduction and Ending weren't great but the in between were. This isn't a bad watch.
Sep 10, 2022 11:17 PM
Sep 2021
Nice ending, like sisti and Glenn's bonding throughout the series, but there are still lot of mysteries to be solved, hope they make another season.

I give this episode 5/10.

And the whole season 5/10.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

336 by nicolasfk »»
May 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.