Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2022 8:24 AM

May 2020
I liked this anime way more than I thought I would
Love Marin to bits, Suguta Hina did a fantastic job voicing her
Really hope we get a s2

solid 9/10

Mar 26, 2022 8:26 AM

Aug 2017
Inspiring, comfy and entertaining show. The animation was one of my favourite parts of this anime. Who cares about the writing in this type of anime at this point? I have fun, this is the most important thing. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 26, 2022 8:27 AM

Jun 2019
So... here it is. The final episode of a rather wholesome show. This episode once again started off with Marin not doing her homework and being forced to do it, and then Gojo helped her with it as usual. Went to the school, did some shenanigans there. She can't swim LOL. Again, it was cute.

Then, as a norm for all the slice of life shows to have a festival episode, this one did as well. Marin was looking really gorgeous in her Yukata. And, it was so beautiful seeing both of them enjoying themselves and having the best time of their lives. The fireworks scene was so beautiful. The scenes after the post-credits were cute as well.

Gojo X Marin forever. ^-^ Overall, one of my favorite if not my favorite show from Winter 2022. What a ride. Definitely not an ecchi show. Nope. Seeing their relationship evolve warms my heart. Great job, Cloverworks. Hoping for a second season announcement soon.
Mar 26, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, Marin had a very mature-like face in that white coat of hers. With their Summer vacation over, Marin and Gojo go to a festival to enjoy time together.

She looked great in her yukata imo but then again, Marin looks great in just about anything. I think this was a safe way for the show to conclude with a relaxing time between two friends together. It didn't really go for any big drama angle or plot twists. Plus, the festival was a nice relaxing time with all the work they've done this season . 8/10.
Mar 26, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Summer vacation's here, but Marin is already a shut-in stuck to complete her Summer homework with her dad's overbearing request to track her work, other than already bein featured in magazines for more professional shoots...to buy an expensive camera. To pass time, the two of them watching a horror movie, and that does NOTHING to Marin to fuel her scaredy-cat self while chad Gojo goes for every detail.

Yelp, Marin forgetting that she left part of her homework in school, so she and Gojo went back, which the empty school definitely felt a sense of emptiness and horror. And trying out the school pool, Gojo learns that she cannot swim although she likes the sea, and this is akin to his Hina doll crafting. But before that festival that you can go to, please finish your homework Marin.

Onwards to the Iwatsuki Summer festival, and Marin in a Yukata, WOW WOW WOW. She looks so different, more cuter and sexier, plus that nape lols which sent Gojo into embarrassment. Marin's quite the spendthrift, and going to watch the fireworks up close is such beauty, for someone who's been a shut-in for most of his life and only being able to watch the fireworks through his house, and Marin is that person to draw him out of his comfort zone. When Marin stuck her tongue out, I wasn't expecting that to happen LMAO that was a good one!

And Marin goes one step closer to getting a piggyback from Gojo since her feet hurt from the strap. Gojo managed to bring her back home...but she's just too traumatized from watching the horror movie from that day, she literally cannot sleep at all. And so, they talk on speaker through the night...and Marin finally uttered her confession to the asleep Gojo! Good night :)

WHAT AN ADAPTATION this is. Definitely AOTS worthy.
KANLen09Mar 26, 2022 10:26 AM
Mar 26, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2021
Marin getting bossed around by her relative for not doing her schoolwork and is limited to other access is so relatable to me lmao and heh Marin wants to become a celebrity? That could already be some foreshadowing right there although she's already a model in other people's eye through her fancy cosplay sequence.

Sadge Marin can't swim but in the end, not like everyone is flawless doing a certain thing, whether it'd be something relating to sports or other works.

The Festival Arc gives out a romantic ambience between Gojo and Marin and Marin is gorgeous with her Yukata, I really like when her hair is getting tied into a bun/ponytail rather than her go to long hair tbh.

The fireworks were beautiful and I very much sympathize with Gojo's loneliness in his previous years but with Marin, he's no longer alone! Gojo is definitely going with the flow for some brave development in this episode imo.

Lol Marin SAID "I love you." to Gojo without her inner thoughts this time :o! I wonder if Gojo heard that all along lol.

Yeah overall Sono Bisque is an interesting series and I do like how the series is not afraid of anything that's explicit because they flow it very well from time to time and I had great chuckles from them, plus the animation stays beautiful especially the outcome from the 2nd half. Cloverwork is able to step up their game with a unique resume this time around!

8/10 overall.

A lovely illustration to wrap things up!
https://twitter.com/kisekoi_anime/status/1507740910590726149
CQLLISTMar 26, 2022 10:35 AM
Mar 26, 2022 8:29 AM

May 2020
After some "not-so-average" photo sessions in the last episode, it seems like we're back to the norms once again. At least them doing their school stuff gives off that feel if nothing else. Also for sure i didn't expect a visit to the classic summer festival, so a pleasant surprise i guess.

But as if that was the end, that sleeping confession right towards the end which for some obvious reasons reminded me of a certain similar scene too made this an even better way to sign off.
Really did enjoy the series despite having some issues here and there, and would definitely mind if we don't see a sequel of it someday as Cloverworks and sequels don't have a history to look around. But still have faith in them, because now they really know how to deliver when the time demands.
Mar 26, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
It wouldn’t be a slice of life finale without a summer fireworks festival! Marin looked absolutely stunning in her Yukata. A fitting conclusion to a great show. I’m so proud of Gojo for how much he’s come out of his shell, and Marin as well. While Gojo was sleep for the confession it was still really cute nonetheless. Here’s to hoping for a s2, really going to miss this.
Mar 26, 2022 8:37 AM

Oct 2021
Quite a good way to end the season with a firework festival episode.
This was a very good show to watch in Saturdays to relax and I will probably miss this.
8/10
Mar 26, 2022 8:42 AM

Oct 2017
Very sweet finale, specially the festival and the fireworks. Marin x Gojou interactions were fun as usual and the piggyback ride was sweet. She finally confessed to Gojou too, he was sleeping but still. Also it was nice seeing what she does as a part time job. She looked gorgeous in those magazine photos.

One of the best anime adaptations ever no doubt. Props to cloverworks for doing such a great job. Hina Suguta did such a perfect job voicing Marin too, which made her all the more lovely. Season 2 will proly have to wait for a while as there is not enough material for the time being but it will surely happen someday.
MegamiRemMar 26, 2022 12:05 PM
Mar 26, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2020
its a decent to average romance show but a good sol show tho
Mar 26, 2022 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
Probably the best anime of the season i really enjoyed it.
The part with the horror movie was really funny and the call after the ED made that scene complete the way Marin was scared.
Well hopefully she will think again before watching a horror movie.

Anyway i hope we will see more from this.
Mar 26, 2022 9:23 AM

Nov 2016
About what you would expect from a cour/season finale. Even got an end card as bonus.

8/10

Turned out to be my favorite rom-com from the last two years.

I feel like that we won't have to wait too long for a second season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2022 9:44 AM

Sep 2021
At first I didn't understand what was so hype about the anime, took me a while to get into after its release but after the first episode I was kind of hooked.

Didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did, glad I gave it a chance!

Jul 2021
A beautiful episode, less focus on cosplay but Marin and Gojo's relationship instead. One of the best episodes in the show imo.

Overall, a solid show. 7/10.
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's hard to tell how I feel regarding this anime, I really liked the manga and the fanservice scenes were OK there but it felt too odd for me in the anime adaptation because it feels more realistic, I feel like the story is pretty good even the romance itself but I wish it was more focused on the characters psychology and true passion regarding cosplay like how it was at the beginning and during some episodes instead of teenage romance and lot of fanservice scenes, I don't even know how to rate it so I won't do it.
Mar 26, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
A pretty boring finale for me to close out a not so great season of My Dress Up Darling. The production was really good from CloverWorks so I'll give that credit, and the beach segment was really good. Rest of the show fell flat for me though, particularly once Marin really realized her feelings for Gojo and it just became really bland for me in general besides that segment mentioned earlier. Ending was alright, didn't care for the festival though. Marin's got the community by the balls and probably would be the 'Waifu of the Year' for many, she wasn't that special at all for me and found a lot of her segments and chemistry with Gojo to be weak and extremely forced more than anything. But regardless, while this show isn't that good and probably would be forgettable for me over the coming month, at least CloverWorks did mostly a good job with the production and adaptation side of things and besides one episode looking a bit funky, their efforts here were good on an overall basis compared to how they did 3 shows last year in the Winter season.
Mar 26, 2022 9:51 AM
Jan 2022
We didn't get to see Marin's father this episode. I'm a bit torn that it's the last episode of the series 😭
Mar 26, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2021
That was an incredible last episode, I'll really miss this show.

I always had a soft spot for Cloverworks, and they proved again why they are one of my favorite studios, no disappointing finales this time.

Marin easily best girl of the season for me, and this was probably my favorite anime of the season in general for me.

I'm hoping for a season 2, in the meantime I'll probably read the manga.
Mar 26, 2022 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
Gojou-kun, suki da yo... ❤️
That was a good summer festival date from Gojou and Marin. Marin in yukata looks soooo beautiful.
btw, it was a good wrap-up for the first season.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 26, 2022 9:59 AM

Jan 2012
Horror movies that blatantly rip-off Texas Chainsaw Massacre, school pools, and a fireworks festival to end the season of what was probably the best new show airing in this winter season. This was definitely the surprise hit of the season for me. Excellent from start to finish, up there with the best romance anime I've seen, certainly in more recent years. With an excellent ratio of ecchi and wholesome moments. It would be a crime if we didn't get more, and I'll be surprised if this doesn't end up somewhere on my top ten of the year list. Solid 8/10.
Mar 26, 2022 10:01 AM

Feb 2020
felt generally like a SOL episode. this series was in need of a sort of 'cool down,' so this is good. Tho it is still quite the same with other last episode romcoms, with the festival and realization of feelings + confession no one hears. That's too bad.

glad some people enjoyed this but I didn't too much. came here for cosplay, and while it was the main topic of this show, I didn't like the fanservice which came with it. and as much as some ppl may think, the anime had quite the average production behind it. Compared to Akebi, this was a lot more static, less sakuga (not to say that there wasn't any), and palettes seem just about 2022 standards.

guess i should hope for a 2nd season for romantic development? idk... wasn't really here for that.
Mar 26, 2022 10:02 AM
Sep 2015
The worst episode, due to the swimming pool part. Playing with water, especially if you can't swim and there's no lifeguard around is no joke. Not only Marin can die but Gojou can die from helping her too. If she want to die don't drag my Gojou into this.
Mar 26, 2022 10:03 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet finale, the whole show is very good!
8/10.
Mar 26, 2022 10:03 AM

Mar 2018
That fireworks scene looked straight out of a movie! The staff is so talented.

Felt Marin, scary movies are much worse alone LOL.

Great "confession," Marin really is the best.

10/10
Mar 26, 2022 10:05 AM
May 2021
Aww last ep was soo cute!! What a goated series from the get go!! Made me buy the physical volumes ;) 9/10 for me great season!
Mar 26, 2022 10:06 AM

Jul 2014
I really can’t help but to feel emotional during this whole episode, what an ending for this series. Definitely gonna miss staying up late every weekend for Marin and Gojo.

That fireworks scene is goated. Time for a rewatch.
Mar 26, 2022 10:07 AM

Nov 2011
Cloverworks really went above and Beyond for this episode. I felt like with the fireworks they felt real and not animated...if that makes sense. they just looked better then the fire works used in Demon Slayer. It's not a knock on Demon Slayer though because the animation was phenomenal as well.

Really a tremendous episode. I loved seeing both Marin and Gojo grow as both a "friendship" and as individuals. They just made each other better in my opinion. Especially Marin's impact on Gojo's life. Basically opening up a whole new world and opportunities for him in regards to costume making, make-up, and cosplay as a whole.

In regards to this episode my favorite part was the fireworks scene. What is normally a very serious or heartfelt moment in most Fireworks scenes Marin stuck to her fucking guns and sticks out her Blue tongue basically "ruining" the moment. But I LOVED this. That is who Marin is. She can't read the atmosphere and shes a free spirit so it just made sense she would do something silly like that.

The ending though... after all the "I wuv him" moments and fangirling over Gojo moments...when you hear Marin simply say "Gojo...I love you." Man Ill be honesty I cried a little bit.

Please give us a second season, fucking please.

10/10 anime
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2022 10:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sweet finale, this! Ending off on that note though, I wish Gojou-kun heard that. "Oyasumi" - and the show ends. Man, I need Season 2 for more of her in particular. I was cursing myself for a bit for mixing up the timings and not being able to watch this from Japanese television, but I think I'm good now lol.

It makes so much sense that Kitagawa-san is an amateur model, I knew she'd rock it. Nothing beats the yukata outfit though, even Gojou was mesmerised xD. It was hilarious how she was trying to show off her nape as much as possible. Quite the glutton she is too. What the heck is this, she's too perfect!

And one of my fav moments of the episode, that stare with the fireworks in the background. Beautiful animation, fitting ost and delicate movements, what more can I say? Kitagawa-san sticking her tongue out to break that got my chuckling for a bit but I expected her to blush intensely. I don't mind this either, to be honest.

Kitagawa-san falling into the pool like that was hilarious too. Honestly, I can't swim either but I do like the beach and ocean too. I'm a huge fan of turquoise and so I totally feel same about the the scenery was talking about.

Horror movie, xD. I could tell this was coming. What makes Gojou flinch then? Must've been a hell of a horror movie he watched in the past.

Okay, now that this has come to an end, an obvious point is regarding the stunning animation provided by the wonderful folks over at Cloverworks! They've been quite busy with a few projects but they've been doing really well. I can't wait to see more of their works! And yes, while you're at it, please make a 2nd season of this too.

Solid 8/10 from my part. Considered a 9/10 and might actually bump it up in the near future. AOTY contender and best girl already decided, for sure.

Edit: Scratch that, this is getting a 9/10 from me.
_MushiRock11_Mar 26, 2022 10:13 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 26, 2022 10:08 AM
Sep 2021
There it is. The last ep of possibly one of the best romcom I've watched. There is nothing that can make me hate this show. I'll be waiting for the 2nd season, so we can see Gojo finally confessing (Maybe didn't read manga). Until then, goodnight, Gojo and Marin.

10/10
Mar 26, 2022 10:09 AM
Sep 2021
very good and cute ending, I hope a new season
Mar 26, 2022 10:09 AM
Apr 2018
This anime is so wholesome, i didnt mind the fan services but I was there for the chemistry between Marin and gojo, I love them legit, I can’t wait for season 2, this was peak anime indeed.
Mar 26, 2022 10:11 AM

Jun 2021
The best waifu of history say "See you soon" :'( , she is the amazing.

I will wait for Season 2, i need Marin in my life always please <3
Mar 26, 2022 10:14 AM
May 2021
Marin adalah karakter wanita yang sangat saya idolakan sepanjang anime yang sudah saya tonton marin kamu cantik dan saya berharap season 2 nya cepat rilis, sampai jumpa di season 2 Marin kitagawa 💖😭
Mar 26, 2022 10:15 AM
Mar 2022
I liked this episode bit its not the best. Still it can't be a slice of life anime without the classic festival scene with they looking to the fireworks. Really loved this anime and hope to get a second season.
Mar 26, 2022 10:16 AM
Sep 2021
I NEED SEASON 2 RIGHT NOW AAA ITS SUCH A GREAT ANIME
Mar 26, 2022 10:18 AM
Mar 2022
really hope this gets a sequel but it is cloverworks.
Mar 26, 2022 10:19 AM

Feb 2020
I am literally so happy right now to see the
animated 😭😭😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 10:20 AM
Jan 2022
I liked this last episode a lot, the final is perfect. Let’s read the mangá now 🤍❕
Mar 26, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Gojo is an excellent protagonist, and Marin was a spectacle on her own.
Jun 2021
This Season Finale Was Amazing Perfect way to end it Loved All the Characters great Anime can't wait for season two .
Feb 2014
This anime was amazing, cant wait to read the MAL reviews........................................oh, nevermind then
Jun 2021
This Season Finale Was Amazing Perfect way to end it Loved All the Characters great Anime can't wait for season two.
Mar 26, 2022 10:24 AM
Mar 2022
Hope for a 2nd season

They love each other but they still not officially a couple, hope they'd make it
Mar 26, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2016
Woah what a way to go for the finale I felt like I was watching a movie.
from the school to the festival and that last after the ed, what a great show
from episode 1 to 12 it didn't disappoint at all, gonna pick up the manga right away.

8/10
Mar 26, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2020
Solid 1/10. So many people claiming this to be great is proof that the modern society is rapidly degrading
Mar 26, 2022 10:30 AM

Jan 2021
The end scene was wholesome this was really good
Mar 26, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 2022
Im so sad for s1 to finish, last episode was great I hope to see Gojo and Marin soon.
Mar 26, 2022 10:31 AM
Oct 2020
Gojo definitely heard what Marin said in the post credits scene.
Mar 26, 2022 10:32 AM
Mar 2021
zsrgheeeeei said:
We didn't get to see Marin's father this episode. I'm a bit torn that it's the last episode of the series 😭

Ik I wanted to see him animated but maybe next season if we get one
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Feb 5, 2022

263 by JadenThaCreator »»
Oct 4, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

344 by Dragon456hon »»
Sep 28, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

236 by Ari4 »»
Sep 26, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

369 by ExpertBev »»
Sep 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

200 by phantom346 »»
Sep 13, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.