Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2020 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It feels like there's still a lot of secrets in this show. The brother and sister also reveals their intention to go to the Moon along with their past.

No one seems immune to the darker side of the city and the buildup into this episode was kinda disturbing. On the other hand, Ordinary Person and the others seems to know the consequences of the what they've seen so I guess they're ready for whatever's ahead.
Stark700Nov 19, 2020 5:19 AM
Nov 19, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2019
With Doctor revealed to be undercover, it looks like there’s also a certain girl from another series airing this season who isn’t alone infiltrating a group of people.

Also, that short scene with Hoodlum calling Brawler even though he’s already dead really was heartbreaking. Hope to see Hoodlum doing something in future episodes that would make Brawler proud.
Nov 19, 2020 5:57 AM
Oct 2018
Honestly this is one of the best shows this season, but the censorship really irritates me
Nov 19, 2020 5:59 AM
Jan 2020
Great the doctor is now impostor in this show! Didn't see that coming XD
Nov 19, 2020 6:02 AM

Jul 2017
More secrets revealed, but yet still feels like there's more than meets the eye.

Of course, Hoodlum can't keep mum about Brawler and the Executioner Master's deaths. But for the brother to say that survival isn't guaranteed, that's to be expected for anyone with a price on their heads.

Expo Park in Kansai...a hidden underground city made for specific purposes, at least to Black Cat-split brother and sister to travel to the Moon, along with securing their dark, sinister and VERY disturbing secret history that's not to be easily revealed.

Human experiments of 5,555 children/siblings just to create perfect immortal sibling specimen offerings, WHEW they really went there (and explaining why their escape to the Moon will be the safest bet), and with it, the whole Akudama mission a success of delivering "precious cargo".

However, the disillusion of the Akudamas, and Doctor's impostor disguise for betrayal, DAMN she's SUS at keeping the biggest secret, that was a plot twist I wasn't prepared for. Instead, sending Swindler and the sister up the rocket for protection seems like a safe headway, but what will all these entrail to?

The most thought-provoking episode ever, and honestly still, ONE HECK OF A GREAT EPISODE.
KANLen09Nov 19, 2020 6:07 AM
Nov 19, 2020 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
I wanna know more about Courier.
Nov 19, 2020 6:15 AM

Jan 2014
I just managed to watch the episode and idk how I feel about it. The Swindler slapping Cutthroat thing seemingly had no effect at all. I honestly didn't really care so much about the flashback. Doctor's betrayal was unexpected though, I thought it was Cutthroat throwing the knife at first. I did really like the Hoodlum scenes! Felt really sad seeing him reach for his bro :(

I guess in concept the ending of this episode is interesting, but I'm honestly worried that the next episodes are going to revolve around every Akudama separately and Swindler and the little girl. And I feel like there hasn't been a lot of relationship or character development between them (aside from Hoodlum and Brawler) so I don't want them to be separated for so long...
Nov 19, 2020 6:18 AM
Apr 2020
Hoodlum is still traumatized because of Brawler's death.

WTF!!! They're are creating immortal children by sacrificing thousands of children. So heartless!

Doctor is a traitor! Ugh! But, can't blame her, she just wanna be safe. Selfish bitch!

The remaining Akudama versus all the Executioners. BLOODY FIGHT!

Where are Swindler and Sister heading towards tho? It looks like the moon ain't their destination.

This keeps on getting better and better every episode!

Ao_SkyNov 19, 2020 6:24 AM
Nov 19, 2020 6:27 AM

Sep 2019
The immortal brother sacrificed himself to save his sister and sent them to the moon which doesn't exist anymore. I wonder what the swindler and sister will do now... really liked this episode.
Nov 19, 2020 6:30 AM

Oct 2017
Well the sad backstory aside never thought Doctor would be the traitor that damn bitch. Cutthroat was sick again, I really love the guy.

Swindler and lil imouto was sent in the rocket, wth are they gonna do now lol?
Nov 19, 2020 6:31 AM
Nov 2019
Pretty pumped up seeing Cutthroat cutting some throats
Nov 19, 2020 6:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice explanations about the kids, so many living samples to create the immortality it's really creepy.
But damn I didn't expect Doctor to be an impostor, I wonder what will happen for the others and especially the little boy.
So Ordinary Person and the little girl are actually going to the moon? And it's interesting to see that the moon is destroyed because of war...
So many mysterious elements, I really can't wait to see the next episode
Nov 19, 2020 6:44 AM
Oct 2020
The censorship was beyond annoying. I thought Courier would be the infiltrator of the team. I did not see that Doctor twist coming. Overall, an incredibly shocking and good episode.
Nov 19, 2020 7:08 AM
Sep 2015
That rocket is obviously not go to space, probably landing somewhere on Earth, maybe Kanto region and reconcile with hacker?
Nov 19, 2020 7:08 AM

Jul 2013
TheCeeJayz said:
it looks like there’s also a certain girl from another series airing this season who isn’t alone infiltrating a group of people.

Oh damn. These two anime keep my weekly action gauge full.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Nov 19, 2020 7:09 AM

Jul 2013
phantomfandom said:
That rocket is obviously not go to space, probably landing somewhere on Earth, maybe Kanto region and reconcile with hacker?

My thoughts exactly, hopefully we will see more of him.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Nov 19, 2020 7:26 AM

Apr 2019
So their plan was to go to the moon all along huh... too bad it's destroyed. Not an unexpected thing from Doctor tbh. Wonder if the kid and Swindler will survive? Big brother seems like he's going to get captured, hope the Akudama don't lose this brawl. Seeing Hoodlum say "Check this out kyoudai!!" made my heart break :(

Nov 19, 2020 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
The next episode is called Black Rain, which is a euphemism for the fallout that rained down after the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That's kind of grim. I'm guessing we will learn more about the war and Kanto in the next episode?

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
Nov 19, 2020 7:29 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like the Doc. betrayed us.
Felt bad for the brother and sister as well. Also, where did those two headed anyway, if not the moon?
Nov 19, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2016
Yo why all the bother AI-san ? Why not just ask doctor and she will reveal all the secrets of immortality to you ? lmao.

Also this gotta be the weirdest interpretation of kaguya hime i ever saw.

Nov 19, 2020 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
so the doctor is the traitor hmm interesting
Nov 19, 2020 8:14 AM
Feb 2019
the back-story and objective turned out pretty lame
Sad Brawler didn't survive, what's up with Cutthroat being able to fight off multiple executioners while previously having trouble against one? Doesn't sit right that the strict executioners would absolve Doctor after she has killed so many people, unless they plan to back-stab her.
Nov 19, 2020 8:15 AM

Nov 2013
Overall the show is definitely improved every week. But the more I watched the more I disliked Swindler.

It's pretty action-packed episode especially towards the end with lots of thing happened from the backstory of the brother, to the betrayal of the doctor.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 19, 2020 8:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh wow! i do wonder if the Swindler really succeeded the goal to landing the moon. They might ended up landing to the other place else! But heck the answer still hanged until the next episode.

The plot twist was just a shock, lol. I knew something just went strangely, no way everything just be done like that without even involved any others executioners easily. And here she was, revealing her true identity. The betrayer, really a doctor after her jerky behaviour in the previous episode. She sold the whole crews into the executioners, for the sake of her own advantages. I hope the cutthroat cut her neck. But well, she could revive herself on, so i doubt it would easily kill her off instantly. Hoodlum expression... Then, another Akudama fighting scene to survive happened. The cutthroat action never missed my expectations. A lot of violence, a lot of censor. Swindler with her innocent habit, gladly being saved by the immortal boy decision. Well, at least all of her kindness result something good. Lol. The backstory for the immortal kids was impressive. Never expected to be like that, a mixed 5555 other artificial kids to produced a one pairs of siblings. Dang! I do really wonder, why they suddenly stopped operating after the kids left the place. It must be involved by the boy cap power.

Well, its a great episode, ngl. Lets see next!
badabassNov 19, 2020 8:34 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 19, 2020 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
I agree with Hoodlum strongly. This fate is truly cruel. I wanna cry.
Elder brother's backstory was really sad. In addition, Rocket wasn't real for his hope. I respect his faith and energy.
I can't believe the doctor is traitor. Executioners are coming for kill Akudama. TBH, very disturbing.
Nov 19, 2020 8:23 AM
Jun 2015
First I break out of the shinkansen
Next I go to the moon
Then I sit on the toilet--wait, what?? Who drew this!?
Nov 19, 2020 8:23 AM

Jun 2016
I am not surprised at all at the Doctor's betrayal in the least here. Her attitude and behaviour around those two kids always tipped me off as the one who'd turn on them as soon as it was an opportunity of her choosing was given.
Hopefully with all this madness now, The Hacker can be a big damn hero and turn the tide for them all.
Gift by Mimurona

Nov 19, 2020 8:25 AM

Oct 2017
Finally an episode that actually make sense.
The doctor's betrayal is foreseeable, and fit her character trait.
Her motive is clear too. (But still when did they actually get connected? From the very beginning? Or during midway)
These Akudama finally act like what they should be.

Sadly Executioner group are still being useless as usual. Guess the 2 pupils that are in charge of Akudama are the best of their kind already since the male is able to 1 vs 5 and still got the upperhand. In the meantime the other executioners fail to 10 v 1 against the killer dude lolz.

Still, one would argue is the female lead really NOT acting?
She was acting genuinely nice, but then she has these double standard tenancy in favour of those 2 kids.
Nov 19, 2020 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
Ooof, but what a twist. Though with how these have gone about, it's not all too surprising that one would be betray another. It's shocking yes, but yeah.

I do wonder if it'll turn into a rescue mission again now.
Nov 19, 2020 8:32 AM

Oct 2020
So looks like every other executioner (except blue haired dude and boss) are really weak vs akudama. So RIP Execution Master the strongest executioner :(
処刑課師匠
Nov 19, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2016
Damn, doctor. I didn't expect it from you. Do you really believe that Executioner momma is gonna erase your record? I hope Hoodlum and Swindler do some meaningful things, some real action. We are in the seventh cycle and only lost Brawler.
I also forgot to say that Doctor must have her own agenda. I mean she is a surgeon, and immortality is in front of her. Will, she let it slip away? Find out in the next episode!
Nov 19, 2020 8:38 AM

Oct 2020
Plots are becoming more fantastic.It's surprising that Doctor reach a cooperation with execution division.Ordinary Person and the rocket will sure to return to the earth.Immortal children may make a difference.

It's anime about akudama.In peaceful times,we may consider all the akudama as wicked people.However in this episode,we can also see their shimmers of human nature.In addition, from the back story of these children we can conclude that it's an abnormal government here.They use about 2500 children's lives to do a inhumane research.They ignored human rights of those poor children.This kind of goverment should be overthrowed.

We have lost three competent members now(Brawler,Hacker and Doctor).Meanwhile we've met more strong enemies now.Hope to see an amazing resolvent of such a adverse situation.
[/url]
Nov 19, 2020 8:57 AM

Jan 2009
damn the sexy Doctor betrayed or double cross them in order for her to get out of the Akudama list huh

and where are they going though since the moon is gone too they will die in space

"keep feeling out of work"

Nov 19, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2019
Gas episode, literally. Show’s finally starting to keep me awake and get me invested

I wasn’t expecting Doctor to be working with the executioners, damn what a twist. Brother and sister’s backstory was also tragic. I hope they somehow get a good ending.

No brawler is gonna make this fight a lot harder now. I’m just wondering where Ordinary person and the girl could be going since there’s nowhere in space to go anymore.

Edit: the OP changed a bit and you can actually see Brawler dead on the bridge. It was always there, but it was blurry. We also see several other characters dead, so I’m guessing everyone dies except swindler and courrier.
Marinate1016Nov 19, 2020 9:14 AM
Nov 19, 2020 9:10 AM

Aug 2020
10/10 episode. 5,555 siblings huh... that's messed up. They're going to space next ep I hope this doesn't get darling in the franxx'd lol.

Too bad, I loved doctor. That scene where hoodlum calls to brawler is depressing but it seems to me something happened in his fight with the apprentice executioner.

Damn what a show. Let's see where this goes.
Nov 19, 2020 9:11 AM

Aug 2019
man that caught me completely off guard but I should’ve realized something was wrong when they had reached their destination in only 7 episodes
Nov 19, 2020 9:16 AM

Jan 2014
Well, I just can't wait now when they reveal that the Swindler is indeed swindler :D that would be another big plot twist. But gotta say that I did not expect the doc to be double-crossing them. Quite an intriguing show, lets see what the next episode brings us.
Nov 19, 2020 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
Ventus_S said:

Still, one would argue is the female lead really NOT acting?
She was acting genuinely nice, but then she has these double standard tenancy in favour of those 2 kids.

To be honest, I really agree with you. I honestly don't get why Swindler is so overprotective when she knows those children are immortal and they don't really behave like children anyway. Heck, I don't remember them mentioning if these children will ever grow up and lead a normal life anyway?

The boy literally said "Brawler died who cares lol people die" and Swindler scolded Hoodlum for wanting to attack him, but she literally slapped Cutthroat in the episode prior even though all he has done is protect her? (I mean yeah, he did try to sacrifice one of the kids, but they didn't die anyway)

I really hope they address this and don't pretend like her behavior is not a tad hypocritical and illogical.
Nov 19, 2020 9:22 AM

Mar 2020
Well it was revealed that Doctor was actually working with the executioners to get herself off the Akudama list.

Seems from now on the Akudma team will start cut down one by one. This episode it was the loss Doctor and the brother who is now captured. Wonder who will be next.

Ordinary person and sister are now on the rocket ship blasting off. Still a lot of mystery's to be revealed but I'm excited for what's to come!

Great episode :)
made by Nate
Nov 19, 2020 9:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I don't know about this episode being great but it has definitely taken a direction I didn't see coming at all.

Doctor's betrayal really stung, since when has she been in cahoots with the executioners?

Cutthroat and Courier making easy work out of the executioners was honestly a little underwhelming considering how strong the former great executioner was. But well, the Akudama v Executioners is far from over, one would imagine.

Damn, that backstory too. Why leave offerings? I feel like the mascots touched upon this briefly in one of the earlier episodes so I should probably search for that...

For now, I can't wait for next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 19, 2020 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, that's some escalation right there. The experimental ground and now the kids want to go to the moon on a rocket? Somehow the rocket is even still functional. xD

Tragic backstory for the kids. They didn't deserve it. :(
I did not expect the Doctor to be a traitor, almost came out of nowhere to me. Very surprised.

I'm genuinely curious where this rocket with the girl and Swindler is gonna go.
Nov 19, 2020 11:24 AM
Oct 2020
Remember how in the opening they show us the silhouettes of all the characters and there's blurry image inside of them. Well, I think it is akudamas dying oder, first ist Brawler whose image isn't blurry from this episode, it shows also Brawler death scene at the bridge. The next akudama who is probably gonna die is Cutthroat.

Damnit, I loved this guy so much, i hope I'm wrong

Link to Brawler image
https://files.catbox.moe/chwlmc.PNG
Nov 19, 2020 11:28 AM

Oct 2019
I don't know if you guys notice but the OP actually changes as well. There is an instance which shows the characters silhouettes and each silhouette shows something involving each character. In much of the OPs, is shows a blurry image for brawler but now, it shows brawler on the bridge where he died. so there is some hints behind each character
prior OPs

Recent episode
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Nov 19, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2020
FireRifle64 said:
I don't know if you guys notice but the OP actually changes as well. There is an instance which shows the characters silhouettes and each silhouette shows something involving each character. In much of the OPs, is shows a blurry image for brawler but now, it shows brawler on the bridge where he died. so there is some hints behind each character
prior OPs

Recent episode

I think it shows the character death, so the next one is Cutthroat
Nov 19, 2020 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
Incredible episode once again!

That past of the kids, damn. Not only did they have to suffer a lot of pain from all the tests put on them cause of their immortality. But the emotional damage they got after realising what was going on. The friends you made getting killed to make another immortal body. That's rough.

So two things really struck me this episode. The betrayal from Doctor and the moment Hoodlum called out for Brawler, while he's dead. That hurt.

Action was pretty good again, but damn some of those censors really bothered me. Why is it that most gruesome acts of violence is shown here (cutting legs, impaling someone's torso), but cutting off heads gets censored? Whut?

Things are getting interesting now that Swindler was send into that rocket and it took off.
Nov 19, 2020 12:24 PM

Mar 2019
It just keeps getting better! I'm really loving all the twists and turns that are being thrown at us. Also cutthroat finally cutting some throats which is super badass

Nov 19, 2020 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit, Doctor's betrayal was super unexpected. All the fight scenes were crazy good, though the censorship didn't bother me as much as a lot of people are saying.

We got to see the siblings backstory and their motives. I wonder where they are going to take this story plot wise now.

Honestly one of the best shows this season imo.
Nov 19, 2020 12:32 PM

Aug 2018
A betrayal ! So now out of the 7 Akudamas, there are only 4 left considering the 5th is a traitor... Also I didn't really expect the space stuff, especially the destruction of the Moon. But apparently the illusion remains easily dismissable because of a simple button lul

I don't know where this is going now, but I never expected the events to turn out just like that
Nov 19, 2020 12:37 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So they finally reached Echo Park although it looks more like an abandoned amusement park/city. The little brother revealed that he and her sister were products of an experiment involving 5,555 siblings in order to create two immortal beings to be used as offerings to Kanto. It turns out that the Doctor was a plant for the executioners in exchange for getting off the Akudama list, but it looks like she has another plan up her sleeve. The executioners ambushed and surrounded the remaining Akudama, while the little brother and sister tried to escape on the rocket to the moon. It was also revealed that the moon was destroyed in the war, but the little brother made a last ditch effort to get the Swindler and little sister on the launching rocket.
Nov 19, 2020 12:59 PM

May 2018
TheCeeJayz said:
With Doctor revealed to be undercover

I don't think she was, could stop the gang way earlier.
Just decided to sold her clients.
She got the money and her freedom.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by chidaru »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

121 by budliteyagami »»
May 13, 12:34 AM

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

7 by corporateremoval »»
May 3, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

173 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

155 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.