Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2020 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, sibling love is always something to admire. The brother deserves respect for helping his younger sister.

Also, it goes to show that the doctor in this show is untrustworthy and willing to do anything to achieve their twisted goals. The bounty situation also got out of control.
Stark700Nov 26, 2020 5:12 AM
Nov 26, 2020 5:35 AM

Nov 2019
Apparently Swindler's called Big Sis, so nevermind her being best mom, she's best sister this season.

Like seriously, despite her flaws, how can you not love that side of Swindler after that small moment with Brother's little sister eating and taking a bath? Small things like that become really special in a series as violent and over the top as Akudama Drive. We also got some good development with Swindler's character as well. Also, that last part with Cutthroat also seems to be leaning more on killing Swindler than saving her IMO.
Nov 26, 2020 5:46 AM

Apr 2014
When Swindler cuts her hair, she looks more adult and looks like another person. I'm totally not recognized her at first.
In the next episode, Cutthroat looks like to going berserk. Looks pretty interesting, maybe the reason is that Swindler cut her hair short.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 26, 2020 6:07 AM

Feb 2016
This anime isn't stopping its evolution course. Swindler is rising to the top position in my best characters list. I was wondering where Cutthroat was. Now, he is gonna really mad when sees the new look. It looks like the Kansai society is gonna blow in the next episode. It is all that 500 yen's fault to start this party.
Nov 26, 2020 6:18 AM

Jun 2009
somehow i feel like its missed a huge piece at the beginning is missing ?? why arnt they at the fighting spot anymore what happend ??? huh
Nov 26, 2020 6:20 AM
Jan 2020
This episode we get to see the big sister side of swindler, on how she protect the little sister on three guys in the abandoned house! The censorship of the part where swindler fight the three men, that's the part it pissed me off the most! Anyways, Courier help the two girls from the fight, and in the agreed to help them find the brother! At the end of this episode Cutthroat still finding Swindlers tracks, I don't know if he's going to kill swindler or he will protect his angel XD

Nonetheless it was a good episode and I can't wait for next week's episode!
Nov 26, 2020 6:23 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, it's kind of weird how they completely glanced over how they escaped the executioners? Or did I miss something? Either way, interesting episode, although it's mostly setting up the final episodes so not too much plot progression yet.

Also the preview of the next episode is hella concerning. Seems like Doctor sleeps with Hoodlum (I didn't think "making you a real man" would be that literal lmao), Cutthroat is going to go berserk (however, I can't judge why because the previous episode preview also made it seem like he would try to kill Swindler) and random executions in the street?? Seems like the violence and sex is really ramping up lol
Nov 26, 2020 6:32 AM

Sep 2019
The Swindler was cute with long hair, my opinion about her changed in this episode.

AkeZZZ said:
Cutthroat looks like to going berserk. Looks pretty interesting, maybe the reason is that Swindler cut her hair short.

Aeoness said:
Now, he is gonna really mad when sees the new look.

I don't think the Swindler's new hair is going to change what Cutthroat thinks about her, he was obsessed with the Swindler's red eyes not her hair.
Nov 26, 2020 6:33 AM

Apr 2019
Holy shit, Swindler really took out 2 guys by herself. Was cool seeing her in action. Seems Doctor actually slept with Hoodlum at the end there, made him a real man you could say. I still think Swindler is somehow related to those 2 immortal kids, they have visually similar characteristics... Well, good luck to Courier and Swindler to find Onii-chan

Nov 26, 2020 6:44 AM
Apr 2020
Oi! Swindler is now a full-fledged Akudama, took down two people for Sister's sake. Swindler best onee-san!

It looks like Cutthroat will rampage next episode while finding Swindler. I'm excited!

Nov 26, 2020 6:52 AM

Apr 2015
I wonder if Swindler lost those pure eyes after killing those two. That's probably not gonna make Cutthroat happy.

The next episode preview was... concerning.

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
Nov 26, 2020 6:58 AM

Jun 2020
Hol up, this shit might be evolving into something unexpected
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 26, 2020 7:06 AM

Jul 2020
My god... This anime really is the dark horse of the season.

Akudama Drive was already promising from the first episode, but this just keeps getting better and better every episode. New executioner joins the battle, Swindler and Courier teaming up to find big brother, Cutthroat getting crazier as usual, and etc. Looks like the rest of the episodes are going to be one hell of a ride again.
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Nov 26, 2020 7:32 AM

Feb 2019
Wait, so why did they skip how the Akudama escaped the executioners after last episode...

Other than that, my fave episode so far. Swindler’s development was on full display and I loved seeing her bond with Sister grow. Her having to kill those 2 guys really solidified her spot in the Akudama which she accepts at the end.
Nov 26, 2020 7:37 AM

Jul 2017
Swindler's on her own with the Sister, and her motherly aspects show through the cracks, whilst the Executioners are at their wits' end, being controlled by an entity to get rid of the Akudama, much less Doctor defecting from the group with last episode's shocking reveal. TRUST NO ONE, I'D SAY.

The Ordinary Citizen of Kansai origin from Episode 1, now a full-fledged registered criminal as Swindler. Nevertheless, Swindler being "Big Sis" and getting by with Sister is such a sweet moment. And of course, Swindler having long hair IS BAE. Even with a heap of trouble with stranger-terror killing (and intensely heavy censoring), that's some hella action.

Lucky thing Courier's there (other than being the "package" courier), and Swindler's going all-out with another expedition to find Brother.

Cutthroat's desire for "My Angel" Swindler...look out, someone's about to get loose...very soon.

Never thought I'd see Hoodlum survive, and being in the same situation as Swindler, much less taken advantage of by Doctor (and woah, the last snippets of the next episode preview of them sleeping together...)

What's the plot again (with the Executioners and the Akudama)? Never mind, stick to the narrative like an anime-only! Extremely thankul that this is an Original to boot, meaning: speculations running wild. But yet, a 50/50 approach of expectations.
Nov 26, 2020 7:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely great development for Swindler but I really hate her new haircut xD she looks like a punk now
Nov 26, 2020 7:47 AM
Oct 2020
Oh nothing to see here, just Swindler proving she is exactly who she thinks she is! Talk about well done character development.
Nov 26, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2013
There's a lot of characters drama in this episode, Unfortunately the major problem of the character being one note is continuing that I didn't really care about the drama between these characters from the; broships of Hoodlum and Brawler to the Swindler somewhat freaky obsession towards the sister/brother, it just doesn't have enough depth. Plot armor is so prominent to the point I was amazed Swindler always got away with it from falling from the rocket, to get exposed as criminal by the whole city and finally got surrounded by 3 idiots with guns. and the last scene of Swindler swayed the Courrier by the power of speech is just meh, maybe she's real deal in swindling people or perhaps other reason by the courier side but at this point I just don't care because again, I hadn't grasp enough of this characters. So yeah I did not enjoy this episode that well, it's like watching shounen anime with some edge sprinkled on top.

The next episode is titled 'The Shining" perhaps it was a references to Stanley Kubrick films.

DannyTheDonkeyNov 26, 2020 8:25 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 26, 2020 7:48 AM

May 2020
It actually surprised me when The Swindler fought back, considering it was her only choice. Sibling love is something else
Nov 26, 2020 7:50 AM

Apr 2020
Swindler is

God I wish that were me

I hate butch hairstyle with a burning passion

Chika_tetsuNov 26, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 26, 2020 7:54 AM

Jun 2016
Basically the Executioners let the Doctor and she's just back to killing people again without any form of surveillance on her activities at all 🙄 That old lady has to be the dumbest moron I've ever seen.
I still await Hacker to return. His appearance and return must happen 😣
Gift by Mimurona

Nov 26, 2020 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode.

Swindler really went and killed those two guys. I was honestly surprised by it. And good thing Courier came to her rescue.

Judging from the preview, shit will go crazy.

Nov 26, 2020 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
New AOTY contender appeared.

Nov 26, 2020 8:21 AM

Apr 2020
Wow this episode left the feeling of an Akudama team and pretty much just trying to survive after the crash. Swindler had officially become an Akudama after killing two men for the sake of our Imouto, and Courier is right there with them.

Apprentice Executioner now gets a new partner as she's still reeling from the loss of his Master. And Doctor being the impostor now targets on Hoodlum for the whereabouts of the others (and boy that next episode's preview with those two is FUCKING SOMETHING AYE). At the end, Cutthroat is still alive (barely) and is out for vengeance and blood.

Let me tell you how I feel about this episode, THE PACING IS REALLY BAD. After seven episodes (how ironic, that's actually where the seven of them break up) of good extravagant heist action, we now get a wimpy, scavenger vibes with the Akudamas scrambling on what's left of their roles.

It's feels like a semi-cliche, they lost everything but because of hope and determination (with some sprinkles of the power of friendship) they might succeed and shine like badass criminals. Swindler with short hair is a no-no for me but considering she's a wanted criminal, it kinda makes sense (uhh that's a bummer). And looking at next week's preview, we're gonna have a cliche sex scene, a thing I never wanted to expect in Akudama Drive, but OK I guess.

Maybe it is a set up for something far greater, which I hope it will. But after seven episodes of a fun, well-choreographed and a colorful world, this is what happens when that DRIVE runs out of gas. Not just the pacing but the unique charm faded away in a matter of 20 or so minutes. I want it to rebound, I really do but this made me bump down the show, I'm really sorry but it felt like it for me.
Nov 26, 2020 8:23 AM

Apr 2012
what i like from swindler is even tho she perceive her characters as Good citizen, high moral person unlike akudama,
she still goes with "i kill if i had to"

totally different with other "high moral" mc
Nov 26, 2020 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna miss long hair swindler..
Nov 26, 2020 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
Lol she really thought she could just go and live in the city like nothing happened.

Damn boi Swindler did it, she finally became a true Akudama.
Nov 26, 2020 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
i prefer Swindler when she got a long hair

and Hoodlum got laid with Doctor eh

Nov 26, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2018
Yooo she blew that mfs head off
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Nov 26, 2020 8:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. I thought the rocket would sent them out of those country. But hell, they just being in return to the Kansai sides again! Here we come, another pursue coming to caught the little immortal girl!

Damn, what a drastic change Swindler's life had, there. As a top-notch akudama, its not an easy for her, to living in Kansai anymore. Its obvious that she was a wanted person there. But for my surprised her deposit on seal got frozen too xd. What a great risk those ordinary girl has been shouldering off in the entire episode, while in return its not even worth it much. However, as an akudama, like the others, she was also gain her personal advantage over whatever happened so far; she got a cute immortal little sister on her side. Its enough to made her sacrifices her damn unlucky life, for the sake, of those little girl. I hope she soon reach a better view of her end.

Meanwhile, the others Akudama seemed all in well condition. Yes, pretty much, because they were not die, yet! Poor Hoodlum, after succeeded to escape, he already entering another hell; a hellish doctor, and her obsession! So, i wish, he could disguised himself out of those disaster woman. Not gonna mentioned a Courier, that became Swindler white knight. Then a Cutthroat, that somehow might be crazy again in the next episode.

This show never missed a chance to be amazing!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 26, 2020 8:57 AM

Oct 2019
damn, swindler has lost her innocence. She has turned to kill for the sake of protecting someone else which is nice. Also, swindler looking nice
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Nov 26, 2020 9:08 AM
Jan 2009
Feels like the writers for this watched a whole bunch of American movies. I guess this episode is the character growth arc where all the noobs from before (Swindler, Hoodlum, Noob executioner) become the real deal. This feels very similar to the mid-action movie character development section where the protag grows after losing in the first arc.
Nov 26, 2020 9:10 AM

Jun 2019
So I guess all the Akudama survived the ambush and they didn’t even try to show how. For a cyberpunk dystopia, you’d think they would be better at catching S-rank Akudama that are walking around in the city. Swinder finally becomes a true Akudama and kills some people. It will be interesting to see the ramifications that has on Cutthroat.
Nov 26, 2020 9:28 AM

Oct 2019
Okay but now I don't now how this will end, so many things happened in this episode, but I love it for Swindler's character development
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Nov 26, 2020 9:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this has definitely got me concerned for what's to come.

Despite all the techno advance, I found it bewildering how there's no surveillance system to keep the Doc at bay or the criminals free from oversight in particular (well, this happened earlier too now that I think about it). Also, why was the Courier interested in the deal after all? Supposedly greatest possible thrill?

Damn, the Swindler though. Top Onee-chan qualities for sure but that brutality was quite something indeed. Pretty tense stuff. And then there's the minor issue of the stupid decisions on the part of the thugs lol.

Good lord, the preview for next episode though! Sex & Violence 'bout to roll! Here's to hoping the next episode will calm my fears down because this show really needs to end well after its exhilarating start.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 26, 2020 9:31 AM

Jul 2017
pretty big change with how swindler cuts her hair to show us that she lost her innocence. also, she got some guts to kill those two guys.
I think this is where everyone will go through some chara development-thingy after getting beaten in that theme park.
Nov 26, 2020 9:58 AM

Aug 2018
Don’t mess with Swindler! Lol
Nov 26, 2020 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
THEY BUTCHERED SWINDLERS HAIR WHAT THE HELL?!?!
Nov 26, 2020 10:23 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Swindler got herself a body count and a new look too.
Nov 26, 2020 10:28 AM
Jun 2015
Dude...they hid the hair change from us in the opening theme. It was there from episode 2, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2zyppwtWIQ
Nov 26, 2020 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Lots of surprising. At least Swindler is the most decent human in this show. I agree with her feeling.
Cutthroat looks like more crazy. Preview proved it. I'm scared his destiny.
Nov 26, 2020 10:58 AM

Sep 2018
chen52808 said:
Feels like the writers for this watched a whole bunch of American movies. I guess this episode is the character growth arc where all the noobs from before (Swindler, Hoodlum, Noob executioner) become the real deal. This feels very similar to the mid-action movie character development section where the protag grows after losing in the first arc.
This is especially obvious if you look at the episode titles, almost all of them are references to classic American cinema.

Anyway, my boy Brawler about to resurrect himself out of sheer anger and give his bro an ass whooping for falling into Doctor's hands that easily. Come on man you can do better.
Nov 26, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2019
A great episode. Swindler really shone this episode. We’ve also learned that her life is basically ruined. How is she going to return to the society?

I still don’t know whether I should love Doctor or not. She acts like a true criminal, gotta give it to her. I’m glad that Brawler is dead lol he wouldn’t be able to grasp this whole situation.

It seems like the next episode will be super wild. From the preview it looks like Doctor and Hoodlum will be getting some sexy time and Cutthroat will go berserk and try to kill Swindler or something... Fingers crossed. This is AOTS material.

PaperCutAssassin said:
Dude...they hid the hair change from us in the opening theme. It was there from episode 2, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2zyppwtWIQ

Yeah I’ve also realised that. The same part (at the end of the OP when we see pictures in their silhouettes) also hinted at brawler’s death so I think that part is full of future hints where we’ll understand after they happen.

For example, in Cutthroat’s one there are a bunch of executioner lightsabers on the ground. That must mean something.
bluninjaNov 26, 2020 11:19 AM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 26, 2020 11:25 AM
Apr 2016
Yeah so... they magically escape the fight scene and each akudama went his own way.
We knew Swindler was an Akudama for a long time, she even was chased by the executionners.

She was supposed to go to the local police in episode and escaped, why the hell did she think she could buy anything?

Good episode nonetheless. Each episode i wish the medic just dies, i hate her character. And here she just discovered immortality. I m so annoyed X)
Nov 26, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2009
lmao a bunch of people are getting angry at her new haircut.

The doctor may be less one-dimensional than I expected.

Nov 26, 2020 11:47 AM
Apr 2019
Didn't expect Akudama to follow the path of convenience lol .
The full sequence inside the kitchen with Swindler and 3 bad guys was so ridiculous like they were literally asking for to die . I got the first attack when she attacked him with a can into his eyes.But later on the 2nd guy didn't even try to react even though the knife Swindler was holding onto her hand was so visible and at least suspicious.then the 2nd guy reacted late,and his bullet didn't even reach her.Rather swindler,who is firing for the first time hits him in the face and he died.How much convenient was that ? and why the brother refused to flee like the akudamas did instead he just left Courier with the bag with a request to carry it to his sister who is supposed to be in the moon !!!

Fuck I'm disappointed.
Nov 26, 2020 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
Think I speak for a large portion that Swindler with Short hair is terrible. But it needed to be done especially if she wanted to go back into society.
She was a badass bitch this episode.

I wanted more Cutthroat but we will have PLENTY next week...I think next week will be his curtain call unfortunately.

I want Doctor dead ASAP. Fuck that bitch.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 26, 2020 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
I wonder where does the show lead us. We were introduced with the relationship between Kanto and Kansai as well as akudamas and siblings who all ended up as a product of the shared past between these two regions. We can also sense that our MC is heading down the akudama path for a while now, doctor is plotting something, courier is going to transport these two to the brother who is with executioners, cutthroat is searching for swindler. Knowing Kodaka, there is definitely a message he wants to send with all this (hopefully it's not
).
Could it be a social reform, satire or just swindler's Breaking bad story?

Also, nice Danganronpa reference with the rocket.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Nov 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2018
I prefer swindler with longer hair but this might grow on me
_______I like rocks__
Nov 26, 2020 12:27 PM
Jul 2019

Finally some fanservice....

Tch, not liking her new style...

WTF from a meek girl, now swindler can kick ass??????Ok, so, wtf did it took her sooo long about her ass kicking capability.

Another WTF, onichan launches his little sister and swindler in a rocket going to the so called "moon" and he never checks to see if the rocket has a full tank of gas and they plummeted back to earth?! They got to be shitting us.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

173 by vhowl »»
Yesterday, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

155 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM

» Why is the manga adaptation not on MAL?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

0 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 12, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

355 by bakakisima »»
Mar 13, 12:59 PM

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

5 by APolygons2 »»
Mar 9, 3:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.