Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tobio looks more fired up than usual at this training camp. Speaking of which, it looks like the camp is almost over and I hope everyone has learned something there, especially Hinata.

The real big matches should begin soon and these training should've helped everyone.
Jan 31, 2020 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
More interaction between the practice teams of first year and youth representative.

Toriumi-san's character got chance to talk, and Mamo's character feels creepy.

Main guy continues to look carefully, he's able to talk to other members thanks to megane guy.

Talk guy knows he's not good enough. lol @ main guy's reaction to his comment. Then he suggested him to slow down the rhythm.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 31, 2020 12:30 PM
Mar 2019
the animation felt somewhat stiff but stilll a good episode.
Jan 31, 2020 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
Someone is picking on Kageyama.

Hinata got to join in with the individual practice with Tsukishima and the other guys. It was amusing to watch Hinata in this episode.

Jan 31, 2020 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
God i love this season... so much buid up and expectation
Jan 31, 2020 12:40 PM

Jun 2012
I'm glad to see what's up there in Kageyama's place but was kinda disappointed that it didn't showcase again some of the play style of the others.

Meanwhile, I'm not really sure how to react to Hinata coaching some nameless guy, I guess it's nice to see him proving his theory but then again, that slow tempo doesn't really fit him and Kageyama's aggression.
Jan 31, 2020 1:29 PM

Jul 2017
That art style when Kourai went for the spike reminded me of that one Dororo episode lol. On a side note, is Hinata ever gonna actually play during this arc or is he just gonna sit on the sidelines the whole time?

no homo but Miya is kinda hot ngl
Jan 31, 2020 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
Nice episode this week again! Nice to see Kageyama more! My boi

Also really nice to see Hinata helping the dude at the training camp. I enjoy seeing him grow and it's really cool to see how he picks up things from watching the others play.

Can't wait for next week.
Jan 31, 2020 1:56 PM

Feb 2017
Another great episode. I love how we got introduced to more Kageyama's peers at the camp.
And seeing Hyakuzawa, the tall guy, improve was nice.

Also that cut with Hoshiumi spiking was amazing.
Jan 31, 2020 1:56 PM

May 2016
Hinata even Cheers up his rivals my love for him keeps growing. 5/5
Jan 31, 2020 2:16 PM

Apr 2018
I feel like they are taking too many episodes for this small training camp. The season is only 13 eps long, they really need to make enough time for the nationals. Unless we are getting another 13 ep season right after this one? Otherwise they really need to hurry it along!
Jan 31, 2020 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
ThatsNotGaming said:
I feel like they are taking too many episodes for this small training camp. The season is only 13 eps long, they really need to make enough time for the nationals. Unless we are getting another 13 ep season right after this one? Otherwise they really need to hurry it along!

They've already confirmed another season for summer, this is a split-cour show that's going to be 25 episodes I believe
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jan 31, 2020 2:53 PM

Nov 2014
4/5 cause animation sucks
story is still great tho

hinata is still an angel

i like how they made another "small giant" but he is nothing like hinata. the characterization of this show truly is the best. everyone has such unique personalities it's easy to differentiate them apart
Jan 31, 2020 2:54 PM
Jan 2018
Thomassloeber said:
the animation felt somewhat stiff but stilll a good episode.
Yea I felt that too. So muxh expectation for 4 years and this is thr best we get 😒 Just look at the NEW EPISODE 13:20 TO 13:22
Jan 31, 2020 3:08 PM
Sep 2015
Judging from the next episode preview it look like the old coach is gonna get stomachache from eating oysters and Hinata will join a freestyle practice.
Jan 31, 2020 3:14 PM

Oct 2017
I still don't know at all what to think about the animation, because sometimes images are a bit stiff but at same time there are good animation on the middle as when the new white hair guy jumps similar to Hinata.
While they'll do entirely good animation for important moments I'll be satisfice!
Also, my love for Hinata just increase, he can cheer up his rivals like that without thinking twice, just what a great guy it's him, love it.
Kageyama being arrogant even though he's around such a great players was the best.
Also the choose of voice actors fro new characters was so accerting in my opinion.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 31, 2020 3:16 PM
May 2017
This was an awesome episode. I cried so much when Hyakuzawa succeeded.
Jan 31, 2020 3:20 PM

Mar 2017
OMFG! I didn't realise that Mamoru Miyano (ᵢ ₗₒᵥₑ ᵧₒᵤ...) would be VAing Miya and BONUS; Hoshiumi is VAed by Natuski Hanae! That has just made this season 10x more exciting on it's own haha

I feel like Hinata would make an amazing coach in the future instead of a player; his observational skills paired with his kind, compassionate and positive nature make him perfect for the role!
Jan 31, 2020 3:31 PM

Oct 2019
We finally get a little bit more of kageyama's training camp and yessss Miya Atsumu finally spoke and I love his va!!

Other than that the moment when Hinata cheers up and helps hyakuzava is honestly one of my favorite moments from this arc that I distinctly remember while reading the manga. I don't know it just reinforces the reason why I adore hinata so much and it's wholesome and sweet and I love it!

The music this episode was great and i also noticed some new tracks.
On the other hand the animation (except for that one really high jump hoshiumi made which I liked) was admittingly not so great...
It just makes me a little worried about the animation on the actuall matches
Jan 31, 2020 3:51 PM

Oct 2018
Gotta love Kageyama's bluntness, he always ends up saying things that rub people the wrong way and he doesn't even realize it lol. Lots of really funny moments in this episode.
They picked the perfect voice-actors for Atsumu and Hoshiumi, their voices fit these characters and their peculiar personalities so well!

I'm not so fond of how they animated Hoshiumi's big jump though, especially the sound effect did not work because it made it look like Hoshiumi had superpowers or something, which is definitely not the case. That high jump should have been portrayed in a way to make it look realistic, but the sound effect ruined this for me a bit.
Jan 31, 2020 4:16 PM

Sep 2013
Isn't Hinata just the best boy? People can call him selfish, but he's even looking out for his 2 meter rival.
Jan 31, 2020 4:34 PM

Mar 2014
Hinata encouraging and helping Hyakuzawa was heartwarming, I was so happy when he got in a successful spike T_T

Finally got to see more of my boy Kageyama. I miss the rest of Karasuno as well tbh
Jan 31, 2020 4:45 PM

Nov 2013
So cute! Love all that Hinata's learnt and found it funny he thought he was chewing the guy out at first XD bless you Hinata and your motivation and speaches
Jan 31, 2020 4:58 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always. This show just never fails to deliver.

Loving Kageyama's interactions with everyone, his blunt replies make for amusing reactions from everyone.
I loved the change in animation style when the white haired guy jumped for the spike, it was awesome and the way they showed his jump as if he was flying into the sky was pure awesome. I think I almost had the exact same reaction as Kageyama watching him spike.

Tsukki doesn't want to admit to Hinata that he did it for him. (:
Hinata encouraging Hyakuzawa was very nice and when the OST played as the latter finally hit his spike I was smiling.

If only Hinata did Bokuto's Hey! Hey! Hey! the cheer at the end would've been ever better.

Can't wait for more, the training arcs are always fun to watch.
Jan 31, 2020 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
https://i.imgur.com/5UomFvE.png

When I saw this, the only thing I could thing about is how their standing would fit the way Danganronpa characters stand...
Too much Danganronpa lol
Jan 31, 2020 5:49 PM

Oct 2009
We get to see a little more of what Kageyama's up to, but at the expense of Karasuno in general - guess that just that can't be helped, an episode can only be so long.

And Hinata is back to his adorable and funny self again, yet at the same time I could totally feel one of Kageyama's Hinata, boke! exclamations in a few scenes, without Kageyama even being anywhere near.... priceless. xD
Jan 31, 2020 7:45 PM

Jan 2020
ok, i don't know why, but the animation looks a little bit odd when the white hair kid jump (forgot the name, sorry). but i still give it a 5 cause of hinatas development, not just for himself but he also help people sort things out.

i bet shiratorizawa coach will eventually agreed that short people could also fulfill their dreams on volley ball, if they put a lot of efforts ofc.

and for kageyama, i kinda feel bad for him tbh. he met a bunch of monsters there.
from the one of the top three aces, sakusa, to the white hair kid that looks quite similar to hinata but a little bit arrogant and does a higher jump, maybe, i hope not.
Jan 31, 2020 8:12 PM

Jun 2009
Jan 31, 2020 8:37 PM

Mar 2018
I have to agree that visually, this season doesn't really hold up to previous ones.

Animation and direction are still good, just overall less polished, but man if the story isn't anything less than amazing. I adore Hinata's developement, and rewatching the show rn was a very good call considering pretty much every player he's with has already been encountered.

The hype is still really strong with this show.
Jan 31, 2020 9:38 PM
Apr 2016
Short_Circut said:
That art style when Kourai went for the spike reminded me of that one Dororo episode lol. On a side note, is Hinata ever gonna actually play during this arc or is he just gonna sit on the sidelines the whole time?

If you want spoilers on when the next volleyball action will be:
Feb 1, 2020 12:47 AM

Oct 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Hinata coaching some nameless guy, I guess
this is an incorrect statement, hinata team beat 2 meter guy he isn't some random person so you should watch season 2 again or something.
Feb 1, 2020 1:00 AM

Jun 2012
ExodiaX said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Hinata coaching some nameless guy, I guess
this is an incorrect statement, hinata team beat 2 meter guy he isn't some random person so you should watch season 2 again or something.
Nah, he's too trivial of a character so that's possibly why I've forgotten him. That nameless guy will remain a nameless guy to me.
Feb 1, 2020 1:11 AM

Oct 2018
@Zaphkiel_El_Rem Ok but make sure that we have seen almost everyone before in the camp where Hinata is.
Ri22rkFeb 1, 2020 1:15 AM
Feb 1, 2020 2:39 AM

Mar 2015
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
ExodiaX said:
Nah, he's too trivial of a character so that's possibly why I've forgotten him. That nameless guy will remain a nameless guy to me.

Nii meters characters I can recall is the guy from Date (who wasn't that forgettable but I certainly forgot his name lol) and the the guy from Senegal in Kuroko no Basket.
Feb 1, 2020 2:51 AM
Jul 2019
HINATA MY BALL OF SUNSHINE, I LOVE U SM ;;_________;;
Feb 1, 2020 2:57 AM
Apr 2016
Oh my, there's another Hinata! A white haired one. Hmm, interesting!
Feb 1, 2020 4:25 AM

Mar 2015
Yoo didn't expect the white haired guy in Kageyama's camp to have a personality like that and his jump was so damn high..

So satisfied with this episode, finally got to see Hinata's spike again despite it only happening once lmao. Also Hinata always be making new friends wherever he goes, everybody just loves him huh
Feb 1, 2020 4:39 AM

Jun 2012
ExodiaX said:
@Zaphkiel_El_Rem Ok but make sure that we have seen almost everyone before in the camp where Hinata is.
Sure, I do give a care for the guys who qualified to nationals but I don't give a shit to those who do not.

Or you could give me a short summary XD
Feb 1, 2020 5:04 AM

Oct 2019
So many great moments this episode. Sakusa is not having it and 'Tsumu really has stolen my heart with that 'goody two shoes' scene but that's okay

We got to see what the 'boom' jump looks like when it's animated! It's super cool I can't wait until Hinata does it
Feb 1, 2020 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
I'm still not sure what exactly changed but this season is fucking great so far, I'm enjoying it way, way more than the first 3 seasons.
Feb 1, 2020 6:45 AM

Mar 2016
I am enjoying this season soo much! Every character's quirks are just so exhilarating to watch. It makes me feel as if i'm there playing with them. It takes me 1 hour to watch a 20 min. ep. purely because of me replaying scenes and screen-capping. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Feb 1, 2020 6:59 AM

May 2019
I really like that Hinata is taking a back seat to start this season. It makes his development seem much less generic and really earned.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 1, 2020 8:00 AM

Dec 2016
Hinata is the sunflower who will cheer a mere player when it feels down. What a pure angel <3

Great episode! :D The preview for next episode showing the oyster... I have a bad feeling about this...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 1, 2020 9:14 AM

Nov 2016
Sakusa is the true cautious hero xD

Loved this episode again, especially where Hinata cheered up our 2m-kun. Great stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 1, 2020 9:34 AM

Nov 2018
i'm glad and thankful miyano mamoru voicing miya atsumu
Feb 1, 2020 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
I just keep smiling trough the whole episode. It is so amazing to have new episodes to watch, so I can't hold back my excitement!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2020 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
Haikyuu!! once again making me care for a guy I barely know. Absolutely love this aspect of the series.

Another great episode. The scene featuring the talk between Hinata and Hyakuzawa was indeed quite heartwarming to see. My boy Shouyou is such an angel!
Feb 1, 2020 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
Tsukizono said:
Short_Circut said:

If you want spoilers on when the next volleyball action will be:

ooooo sounds interesting
Feb 1, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2017
Episode was good, this Miya dude seems interesting hope he isn't an asshole though.
Feb 1, 2020 2:20 PM
Mar 2015
Take it easy Hinata sticks it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.