Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 28, 2020 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like Karasuno's attitude this episode tbh. Hinata's got that confident look while the others are hoping to reach their next levels.

Testing the waters against a powerhouse school seems like a good opportunity for the whole team. Fantastic music this episode. I love how they used the OST from the previous seasons for this. Haikyu has some of the best soundtracks for a sports franchise imo.
Feb 28, 2020 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
They found a way to go over that "wall" by getting many people.

Megane guy, who wanted to have a big time, got out of stamina.

It seems like they overcame w. the wall and won.

Seriously competing each other, then they properly saying goodbye after the game.

A guy who solely does serve and practicing to be better. Nobu's character wanting to be better, too.

Main guy teaching his sister. He got along w. the ball, huh.

Something arrived?
tsubasaloverFeb 28, 2020 9:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2020 12:05 PM

Feb 2008
So far this season has been a bit slow, but I'm really enjoying everyone's growth and how much they are trying to get better at new skills and improve their weak points instead of just becoming the master at where they shine.
I would've liked to have seen Noya set for Kageyama this match.
Hinata actually using his head more was nice to see, I'm surprised they didn't make a bigger deal out of it.
Ending with Hinata and Natsu was a sweet moment though.

Only a few episodes until the tournament~ish
Feb 28, 2020 12:16 PM

Mar 2015
It looks like we are approaching the ending of the training arc.

Still, I'm kinda sad that we haven't seen the new Jump from Hinata.
Feb 28, 2020 12:26 PM

Oct 2017
The training camp is over and the tournament's almost here, really excited for it. This season so far has been pretty calm but exciting at the same time. Also Hinata and Natsu's moment was sweet.
Feb 28, 2020 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
Some funny moments with Tsukishima in this episode.

We finally got to see Natsu in this season. Her playing with the ball was adorable.

Feb 28, 2020 1:05 PM

May 2019
I've never seen so much screen time for Kinoshita. They really are focusing on everyone this season even the characters that were considered "background characters" are having character developments and I absolutely love good character development arcs.

On a side note, Tsukki please stop bullying best boy Yamaguchi thank you he wants to speak so let him speak.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 28, 2020 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad that Kinoshita is a bit more highlighted. I have the impression that he seems determined and motivated since he's training with my Noya.

Dateko's blocks are still just as incredible but Hinata is even more. His way of handling timing is simply fabulous.

Nice action scenes as usual. ^^

Awww I almost forgot but Hinata's sister is adorable. (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
Feb 28, 2020 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
another episode i really enjoyed! friday's are my favorite bc of haikyuu, and i'm loving it!

glad to see kinoshita getting some screen time, and it's nice to see karasuno getting some points in too! natsu is so cute, love the hinata siblings dynamic!!

next episode looks super nice! can't wait!
Feb 28, 2020 1:32 PM
Feb 2020
I liked the episode but up to this episode, pacing is really slow, like really. Sometimes character models are way off, sometimes they give it their best to draw them, it really confusing me. Action scenes are mediocre but I hope Production I.G gives their best to the other HALF.
Feb 28, 2020 1:40 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty dope 5/5 episode
Hinata's skills & growth never cease to amaze me
Feb 28, 2020 1:47 PM

Mar 2017
Wooow, they've all come so far but in particular, I can't believe how confident Yamaguchi has got! Before he used to panic and doubt himself when it was his time to play but now he's got that Hinata level enthusiasm to get on the court!
Feb 28, 2020 1:57 PM

Nov 2016
Hinata and Aone bow to each other :D

Behold the power of Dateko, can't wait to see the them in the next tournament.

Also cute scene with Hinata and Natsu.

Looking forward to the next episode

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2020 1:59 PM

Feb 2018
Was that last scene with his sister the most we've seen of Hinata's family? It's been like 70 episodes and he's the MC; that's crazy. Honestly wish we could see more of them outside of their volleyball lives. Little stuff like this does wonders at humanizing characters.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Feb 28, 2020 2:39 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Everyone acknowledging Hinata's growth is awesome and Karasuno outplaying Dateko was great.

The scene with Hinata and Natsu was great, I'm pretty sure Hinata just wanted a chance to say "You're a hundred years to early for this". XD

Next episode seems fun.
Feb 28, 2020 3:38 PM

Apr 2018
Wait... Is that a imouto character that could exist in the real world too and not only anime? Impossible.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Feb 28, 2020 4:52 PM

Jul 2017
alas the training arc is finally coming to a close and now it seems like it's time for the spring tournament. Have to say not the best training arc in this series but oh well
Feb 28, 2020 5:24 PM

Dec 2013
Hinata has become even more annoying as a player.

The little bit at the end with the little sister was adorable.
Feb 28, 2020 6:54 PM

Sep 2013
Thought the episode was a bit slow with some jank, but that brother sister moment at the end made it all worth while.
Feb 28, 2020 7:09 PM
Nov 2016
Hinata's sister was adorable!
Training arc is mostly over.
Can't wait for the tournament!
Feb 28, 2020 7:25 PM

Oct 2009
Gotta say I really like the direction this season. It does feel like we get a look at everyone (even some players from other teams), and it manages to give off the vibe that yes, this is a team, and each individual is there in this team, with their own thoughts and feelings and drive to do their best and get better at what they're doing. Even the little moments when it's not something technical, like Dateko's trio of "cheerleaders", or Kageyama being casually corrected when he doesn't know Kogane's name, serve the overall atmosphere very well.

That next episode preview though. It better not be only the girls in the bath on screen.
Feb 28, 2020 8:03 PM

Oct 2017
It was a pretty enjoyable episode this week. I loved Hinata's sister part! She's so damn cute, also she said something nice to he's brother who's really doing his best effort!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 28, 2020 9:31 PM
Sep 2015
The highlight of this episode is actually when Hinata show off to his sister

Wondering if we'll see the male side of bathroom in the next episode
Feb 28, 2020 10:12 PM
Apr 2016
Must protect Natsu
Feb 28, 2020 11:20 PM
Jul 2019
Here I was going to whine about how much I miss Season 2's animation, and wish that they would put the same effort in for S4(because it's been YEARS) and finally, they did. They improved so much in terms of the fluidity with the movements ー *chef's kiss* lmao, beautiful ー since ep one this season which was more chunky imo. So pretty happy with this ep.

Missed seeing the entire Karasuno gang tgt too :')
Feb 29, 2020 1:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode, like the usual!

Awesome to see how Karasuno took down the mighty Dateko's blocking system and nearly dismantled it too, one would say. Finally, the trial and error is paying off. Hinata's dedication to keep evolving is fantastic to see, and always pleasing to see the others follow suit.

A really nice for Asahi breaking those "walls" too. I feel like it'd potential to be been even more impactful but it was glorious nonetheless. Can't wait to see him break some more over in Tokyo.

Kinoshita getting some of the spotlight this episode was really nice, too. And Nishinoya's awesome as always lol. Karasuno is slowly getting more and more refined weapons, brilliant stuff!

Hinata and his sister's moment in the end was so adorable. Not surprising to hear she's excelling in her PE Classes, lol it must be in their genes. Friends now too, huh? Good to hear that.

Looks like we'll be in for a treat of an episode next week! Nationals, let's go!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 29, 2020 3:06 AM

Feb 2017
Good episode. That was a wholesome scene with Shoyo and Natsu.
Feb 29, 2020 3:26 AM
Apr 2016
A nice practice episode! The ending was pretty sweet.
Feb 29, 2020 5:13 AM

Jun 2014
Hinata's improvement throughout this season has been a pleasure to watch. Hopefully it translates well against strong teams that they face in the future.

The end of the episode was so wholesome.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 29, 2020 6:18 AM

Oct 2018
The pacing is so horrible in this season, it even made training arc boring tbh.

Like seriously what kinda sane only covers 2 chapters per episode of a weekly manga?
Ri22rkFeb 29, 2020 6:36 AM
Feb 29, 2020 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
ExodiaX said:
The pacing is so horrible in this season, it even made training arc boring tbh.

Like seriously what kinda sane only covers 2 chapters per episode of a weekly manga?

I kind of agree to be honest. I'm a huge Haikyuu fan and loved the training arc in season 2, but 8 episodes is a little bit overkill. Don't get me wrong, the character development is definitely good. It's just a little bit slower than I would like.
Feb 29, 2020 11:15 AM
Mar 2015
Hinata getting lost in the crowd was ingenious The part at the end with his sister was sweet
Feb 29, 2020 11:48 AM

Jul 2016
I demand more scenes featuring Hinata's imouto! She's so damn cute >.<

Another nice episode. It seems the training arc is finally over and though it wasn't as "hype" as I expected, I have to say that I've highly enjoyed seeing everyone's growth. Both as characters and as volleyball players.
Feb 29, 2020 3:26 PM
Aug 2012
It's nice to see someone aknowledge that Hinata has to bike over a mountain to go home. I've always liked when they showed him at home or on his way to school and back.
Feb 29, 2020 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
The only thing this episode did was hype me up for next weeks Fan Service episode featuring Hitoka and Kiyoko in the bath.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 1, 2020 3:22 AM

Jun 2007
it was a good episode thanks to improved animation! finally :'] i'm so glad
phantomfandom said:
Wondering if we'll see the male side of bathroom in the next episode

ahahahaa!!
satainerus said:
It's nice to see someone aknowledge that Hinata has to bike over a mountain to go home. I've always liked when they showed him at home or on his way to school and back.

yes and yes!
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 1, 2020 5:04 AM

Mar 2012
So I just marathoned Haikyuu from the second season to this current episode because it has been three years and I really didn't remember anything anymore. Didn't plan to marathon either but after the tokyo training camp everything was so intense that I couldn't make myself stop. I will say that everything about this season is like a bucket of cold water after coming fresh from the Shiratorizawa match. Pacing is all off and animation is weird. They definitely changed a bit of the characters design though I'm not sure if it's a permanent thing or if they're just saving budget for the competitions that are coming next. I am enjoying myself and also I can see the characters growth but they could definitely do better than this.
sabrintbMar 1, 2020 5:11 AM
Mar 1, 2020 6:47 AM
Jan 2016
Nice eps, looking how much Karasuno can adapt against Dateko was really amazing...I totally agree with Kageyama, those who can't adapt will be pushed away...and Natsu's last word really reminds me of Tsubasa Ozora's word, "Ball is my best friend...". Really nostalgic...
Mar 1, 2020 11:04 AM

Mar 2016
these eps are getting a bit tedious to watch. i enjoyed 1-6 thoroughly, but these last couple haven't been doing it for me...

Mar 1, 2020 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
Hinata's sister is the cutest thing ever gosh darnit
Mar 1, 2020 7:35 PM

Jun 2012
It's nice to see that there's at least a progress with everyone's training.

And for a moment, I thought Hinata Imouto would be a instinctual genius too but she's cute anyway even if she wasn't.
Mar 1, 2020 8:33 PM

Sep 2018
Tsukishima is so talkative now!!! Hahaha
Ships are very obvious this season (or I'm just dense that didn't notice it before?) Fan service xD can't wait for the nationals!
Natsu is sooo cute ❤️
Mar 3, 2020 2:26 AM

Feb 2019
I like the respect these two has for each other
Mar 3, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
I love Hinata. He's got such natural growth as a character!
Mar 4, 2020 7:31 PM

Dec 2016
A nice episode! I have liked seeing how everyone have improved. Especially Kinoshita who is gaining more and more confidence with his serves.
On that note, it was also pretty sweet of Natsu to acknowledge how much her brother has grown as a volleyball player.

Can't wait for the tournament! o(^▽^)o
Mar 9, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2014
i love how hinata is really applying his knowledge and thinking about different strategies while playing. it reminds me of how all the other great teams play (nekoma, aoba johsai) by tweaking their playing in game to go against the other team. kageyama is starting to notice too lol but ofc he shrugs it off like hinata's strategies aren't intentional. i think we all know that hinata lured koganegawa over for that last scene. we love growth and character development!

im glad we got acquainted with a fairly new face this episode, kinoshita. he was always in the background and he finally got some screen time. it's good that yamaguchi sees him practicing and improving so it can motivate himself to get better as well.

hinata's sister is so cute uwu her observation of how hinata's relationship has changed with volleyball really hits. he's no longer a stranger to volleyball because he has an incredible team 8^8

this is thinking far in the future but i kind of want a sequel to this anime about hinata's sister playing volleyball too lol probably wont happen but who knows

i wonder what coach ukai was expecting to be sent over. sounds interesting!!
Mar 12, 2020 9:47 AM

Mar 2010
So many great moment in this episodes that I can't talk about one xD

As usual, Haikyuu focus on side character is amazing, even Hinata's little sister get her own cute moment Aww >.<

I honestly really like Asahi moment where he break Date Tech wall defense, it symbolizes the fact that he finally got over his defeat at Date Tech and solidify his self-confidence. Maybe he will finally become the team's ace?

Man, Hinata's development as a player is rewarding. He now becoming the greatest bait that the team have now that he fully develop as a proper player. To add to that, his versatility during attack whether to stay as a team player or force their quick attack will probably fuck any team defense. It's honestly an amazing psychological weapon.

Mar 18, 2020 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
So this season is the training arc. Haha Glad I am binge watch this

- barely alive -
Apr 5, 2020 4:19 AM

Oct 2019
Hinata seems to developing more as a coach rather than as a player xd

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Apr 5, 2020 4:46 AM

Dec 2019
So did they won the practice match or not ? damn tho Hinta's sister is cute.
                                                         🖤   

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

73 by Cammell »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.