Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 12, 2019 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Hajime no Hibiki!
Pretty enjoyable and funny episode.
Jul 12, 2019 10:50 AM

Oct 2017
Mattinator95 said:
so some women cant get abs like the boxing sister without drugs ?? even though they train in boxing , same with the women at the pool ?

Core strength is super important for boxing, so they do a ton of sit ups. Still, the abs shown in show are quite extreme. It's right at the limit of possibility. Like 1% or less of women could achieve that, at a rough guess. Search female boxer on google images. There are a couple which look a bit questionable but the average abdomen you see there is the most definition an average women can get. I should say, this isn't a bad thing. Super defined abs look bad on women. I think most men and most women would agree. Sure, if a women really wants to achieve something like in this show, then what I'm saying will be discouraging, but it's the fault of the show for getting peoples hopes up. Not that it's any different from 90% of the fitness industry which sells itself using chemically enhanced phyiques.

As for swimming pool women? No. Steroids 100%. For stuff like that in real life, search "female crossfit" and check out the images. Some of the most obvious steroid usage among women across all sports is in crossfit.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 12, 2019 11:44 AM

Sep 2017
I'm super glad the show addressed the fact that a good diet is critical to losing weight. That's an important step of the process a lot of newbies overlook. It's even better that it Akemi explained that you don't get the gorilla physique overnight. You'll notice yourself getting too bulky in reality, and it's something you can prevent quite easily if it isn't what you are aiming for. Also, fuck extreme dieting. I love Machio just flexing to himself in the background. Akemi made deadlifts to be scarier than they actually are. The pool scene happened sooner than I expected. The small bit about static vs dynamic stretches was good shit. Hibiki's face when her swimsuit ripped was hilarious. Dragon flags probably aren't a good beginner exercise, lol. Planks are awesome. Glad those got brought up. Hibiki apparently has super strength though, so that's nice.
Jul 12, 2019 11:58 AM
Aug 2018
I dont know if this anime tries to teach me about the exercise or make me do exerciese

Beyond that, it was okay the episode, it was funny and interesting to watch
Jul 12, 2019 9:23 PM
Jul 2019
Powerful right hook, hope she will met Rippetoe and Starting Strength next.
Jul 12, 2019 11:24 PM

Mar 2009
glassknuckles said:
they bringing out the big guns already

Blessed by so many muscular girls this season.

I had always heard that the anabolic window thing was a myth, so good to see so many people in this thread confirming that. There's a lot of misinformation and confusion out there. Hard to keep track of it all.
Jul 12, 2019 11:56 PM

Oct 2018
This episode was so good as well. I laughed my ass out when Hibiki kicked the hell out of the punching bag lol
Jul 13, 2019 6:10 AM
Apr 2016
The best episode ever because I already like Ayaka characters since the opening. She's gonna be the best girl for this show!
Jul 13, 2019 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
Yeap definitely liking what this show does for me, for some reason it can really motivate you to work out, been doing planks, situps, squats and dumbbell liftings while watching.
Also, fcking Hibiki's got crazy ass power, must be all that stuff she eats.
Anyways a fun watch overall, plus hearing Amamiya Sora cleanse my soul so theres that too.

Also, no offense but.. muscle girls creeps the heck out of me, even in anime form, abs tho not really, but a full muscular girl is a bit of a turn-off for me.
Jul 13, 2019 12:22 PM

Apr 2018
Machio is macho af. She took 'little protein' out of context lmao
Jul 13, 2019 1:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Somehow I'm enjoying this a lot more than I did the manga.

Between this and Fire Force, muscular girls are getting plenty of presence in this seasons shows
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 14, 2019 1:02 AM

Jan 2011
I tried doing a plank.........that shit isn't as easy as it looks. Wow.

This show is fun and it is good to see they are trying to grow and expand the characters.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 14, 2019 5:01 AM

Aug 2008
Little step down when it comes to humour. It was kind of weird for the black haired girl not to melt in the bar, after her reactions in the previous episode. Still pretty enjoyable watch and a keeper in my book. Which is a damn surprise for myself. I wasn't expecting this show to be actually good.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 14, 2019 10:31 AM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, without a doubt, this is one of the most comedic animes of the season. I love 😂
In addition to laughing out loud, you learn to exercise. From the basics, to the simple 😁.
Hibiki is the new Ippo ... WTF ?! LOL 😂. Awesome.

I almost died of laughter when Hibiki's bathing suit broke. The expression on his face was most funny. She reminds me of the Grand Blue characters.
Jul 14, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 2017
Pakumen- said:
Ayaka is my waifu. Damn those abs are beautiful.

So now we can also call this show Hajime no Hibiki

She's got a six-pack.
Jul 14, 2019 12:16 PM
Jul 2017
This anime is gonna make me build all kinds of gains. With all the workouts they do, I've been doing these workouts from what I've been seeing. Squats, bench press, lat pulls, planks, and dragon flags. I wonder what they're gonna do next. Like push ups, leg presses, bicep curls? Four out of the five workouts I've completed have been three sets of 10 each. I betcha everyone wants to hit the gym not just to lose weight, but turn fat into muscle. What the Japanese VAs should do is go to Gold's Gym and be all toned and lean. Before they know it, they're gonna be all buff. Because nobody wants to be all skinny like a twig.
Jul 14, 2019 3:39 PM

Mar 2017
So normal static stretching before exercising has the opposite effect. Dynamic stretching huh. I'm actually learning some meaningful things from this anime lol.
Jul 14, 2019 7:04 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I almost freaked out at the stretching part, but then they explained the "dynamic stretching" and I realized that they were talking about warm ups. I do warm ups before my exercises, so I was like, "Oh sh*t", but my warm ups are almost exactly like the "dynamic stretching" they did, so I'm good.

Can I just say I actually really like this anime? I feel like Hibiki is really adorable and I want to watch her reach her goals. The anime also tries to be informative. I'm just always laughing because some people say the form on the exercises are accurate, some say they're fine/good enough, and others say they're horrible. Anyway, I way people are interacting with each other because of it is really fun. ;o;; After so many seasons of playing catch up, being too busy to talk about what I was watching, and not even wanting to talk about what I was watching, I finally remember why I like watching seasonals.

Thanks everyone for making this so fun so far!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 14, 2019 9:30 PM
Apr 2017
YossaRedMage said:
As a Personal Trainer, this anime has me conflicted. It's fun and the jokes make me laugh enough to keep watching, but every time there is a piece of information which is even slightly off I get frustrated...

Whey protein shakes, while not exactly a scam... they're a great way of getting in extra protein if you really need it, but,

1. The amount of protein you need to build muscle is greatly exagerrated by dodgy research funded by supplement companies.

2. Health-wise, you really should be eating meat and fish for protein for a number of reasons, not least of which is that large amounts of whey can fuck up your stomach. They also put a ton of mystery chemical crap in a lot of whey mistures.

Honestly, just eat some meat or fish every day, even if only a little, and you'll be fine. Throw in some eggs if you want as they're healthy and easy to cook. Also, any time is fine. The 30 minute post workout window is bro science.

The other thing is what was said about the trainers physique comes from an "elite lifestyle". Absolute horseshit. It comes from a needle in the ass every day for 6-8 week cycles several times a year. Obviously he is exagerrated as it's anime but people have a very misguided understanding of what's truly achievable naturally and just how well steroids really work (hint: steroids > actually working out, though of course you combine them for maxiumum size). That would be fine by itself but then when the girl is worried about putting on too muscle they suggest she just has to avoid a certain lifestyle. Look, men and women are different and a woman, without drugs, will never get big. A womans body wants to have a certian amount of body fat and if you diet too much to get lean, your body will eat the muscles. Women simply can't get ripped without drugs.

Timz0r said:

I'd like to know that as well. I was very suprised myself with that part!

Anyway, I think think this anime will be this season's my personal Anime Of The Season. I love educational anime. Nice bulk!

Yes. The stuff on stretching was spot on save for a few poor choices of words and slight vagueness. But it got the message across well enough. Dynamic stretching before workout, static stretching after. It used to be something few people knew but it's getting to be more common knowledge nowadays.

Kenpachi_Blood said:
Yeh this and how much the show is pushing BCAA's were my only minor complaints with this episode. To anyone who is uncertain, the Anabolic Window is broscience, and if you are eating a balanced diet BCAA's aren't worth the money for the average lifter.

Also to clear up the points on stretching, Pre workout: warm up and dynamic stretching is good. Post workout: is when you want to be doing your static stretching. The idea is that muscle fibres are like a rubber band, when they're cold they are more brittle and prone to snapping, so you always want to ensure they are warmed up BEFORE doing any serious stretching.

Just quoting this as it's good info that people should know. I get the strong impression this show has either got sponsorship from a supplement company or has been influenced by someone who doesn't know hi shit because someone said the 30 minute window crap wasn't in the manga.

As I practice Teakwondo for more than 10 years, I am very aware that not doing static stretching before practicing (after warm-up) I will injure my body badly, so I would say that is pretty misleading (for me). Taekwondo require high level of flexibility as we constantly need to kick taller than head, and rotate our body, dynamic stretching is simply not enough.
Jul 15, 2019 8:21 AM

Oct 2017
Apple_BS said:
As I practice Teakwondo for more than 10 years, I am very aware that not doing static stretching before practicing (after warm-up) I will injure my body badly, so I would say that is pretty misleading (for me). Taekwondo require high level of flexibility as we constantly need to kick taller than head, and rotate our body, dynamic stretching is simply not enough.

Might be true for Taekwondo, but it isn't true for lifting weights or any situation where you are going to loading your muscles close to their max. Static stretching temporarily increases the chance of injury and reduces strength. That's not really up for debate at this point. There's a lot of evidence for this now. I'm even a bit skeptical about how useful it is to Taekwondo. The goal of dynamic stretching / mobility is to increase range of motion which it does when done properly. The extra amount of range of motion one can get from static stretching pre-workout shouldn't be necessary. I should think one should be able to reach adequate ROM from just dynamic stretching. And if they can't then they need to focus hard on static stretching post-workout and in their spare time.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 15, 2019 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
I love this show, not only is it hilarious but it's educational and motivating to watch! I won't lie I crack up every time their trainer has no clothes on... that small head with that giant body is just hilarious.
Jul 15, 2019 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
I hope they covered sleep next. Resting and getting adequate sleep does wonders for muscle gain. A lot of your muscles that are torn down from working out are rebuilt while you sleep.
Jul 15, 2019 10:48 PM

May 2016
It's a bit late to say this but... Doga Kobo is back with their usual shenanigans! And I love it!
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jul 16, 2019 7:10 AM

Feb 2012
This is great information. I really am filling out a lot of knowledge I've been missing. When we go to the gym, we never did static stretches (always dynamic stretches) but I didn't realise that was a good thing.

There's something here for everyone to like and it's very educational. Loving it.
Jul 16, 2019 5:59 PM

Dec 2016
Hibiki's got some fuckin STRENGTH, gahhhdamn
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 19, 2019 4:58 AM

Sep 2013
babibola said:
did someone notice a cameo from kengan asura?

Yep, Wongsawat's picture was on the wall of boxing champs from the gym, that was really cool.
Jul 22, 2019 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
I was hoping for pull ups or deadlift when they were talking about back exercises since I love doing those myself. But lat pull downs are great for those who can't do pull ups. That's the first time I heard of Croatia outside my geography class lol. &++ nice Arnold Schwarzenegger
Jul 24, 2019 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
The part where Hibiki destroyed the sandbag surprised me, not gonna lie. If she's strong now, I can imagine her ending as one of those pics of hyper muscled female characters you find in DeviantArt.
I knew Rina Satou voiced Ayaka's sister as soon as she started talking. It's nice to see she's having a role this seaosn, even if it is a supporting character.
Jul 29, 2019 8:16 PM

Sep 2015
Is that a RAIZAP commercial (slightly NSFW?*) spoof I see?

* As if it's any worse than this show, but just to be safe.
Aug 8, 2019 2:29 AM

Apr 2015
I love how informative this is. the information may not be 100percent exact but it can serve as a start to ones own research about exersizing.

Hibiki is the best boi btw
Aug 13, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2016
i respect that they mentioned the university of zegreb to back up their claim about stretching - never thought i'd find footnotes in an anime. handy list of stretches too. edutainment at its finest.

AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 23, 2019 9:32 PM
Apr 2017
YossaRedMage said:
Apple_BS said:

Might be true for Taekwondo, but it isn't true for lifting weights or any situation where you are going to loading your muscles close to their max. Static stretching temporarily increases the chance of injury and reduces strength. That's not really up for debate at this point. There's a lot of evidence for this now. I'm even a bit skeptical about how useful it is to Taekwondo. The goal of dynamic stretching / mobility is to increase range of motion which it does when done properly. The extra amount of range of motion one can get from static stretching pre-workout shouldn't be necessary. I should think one should be able to reach adequate ROM from just dynamic stretching. And if they can't then they need to focus hard on static stretching post-workout and in their spare time.

It might be too late, but I forgot to mention that we usually do run for like a miles and other muscle training before we start stretching. Its like around 15~30 minutes of vigorous exercise, and then stretch before we actually go into training (Kicking and stuff). Its true (more than dozen of people with more than 10~20 years of experience agree on it) that after stretching the flexibility of our body increase to a noticeable level; hence, we insist on stretching.
Aug 26, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Dear god, that pool scene showing those muscular girls. Felt like my eyes have been eternally blessed by the heavens. Those are some of the most rocking female bodies I've ever seen in anime!

Lots more information this time around, though some of them are debatable. The anabolic window is probably the most arguable theory since many fitness experts have debunked it with empirical evidence. Still, it's great to know the author of this series did a good amount of research beforehand.

So Hibiki's talent is boxing? Wonder if this will turn into a half-gym half-boxing anime. Or maybe her true strength lies in her arms.

That Commando spoof, though.
Sep 2, 2019 1:31 PM
Dec 2017
CHC said:
Is it true that stretching before the excise is bad? I feel like my life has been a lie.

btw muscular girls fanservice is great. Need more of it

They explained it in the episode.

#1) Stretching before any exercise is almost always good when it is a warmup. They literally did it in the episode, because it is good.

#2) The way they said stretching is bad was only meant to entertain the stupid audience members. They clarified it by saying, EXTREME STRETCHING IS BAD. However, who was taught to do extreme stretching? It sounds like some backwards caveman tradition they come from. Stretching was always meant to be a warmup. I have never in my life heard of people skipping a warmup going straight to stretching cold tendons. It is mind boggling to imagine people actually did this in Japan. Figured they were smarter.

For example: Basketball players in America must wear warmup sweatpants while sitting on the benches. It keeps their muscles and tendons warmed up. They need to stay constantly warmed up because there is no time when called to play. This is a form of warm up.

An example of bad stretching: When you are sleeping with cold muscles and tendons. There is a higher chance you can stretch a calf muscle or tendon. Those are painful, and most people suffer from these in their lifetimes.
Sep 11, 2019 7:45 AM

Jul 2016
And just after I mentioned it last episode, here's boxing. So will the next couple episodes focus on training Hibiki to be a boxer?
Oct 11, 2019 8:56 PM

Mar 2015
Lmao delightfully informative and lowkey sexy
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 15, 2019 4:35 PM
Mar 2017
They disrespected deadlifts tho damn I really thought episode 2 was gonna be deadlifts or OHP since they already did bench and squats last episode.
Oct 15, 2019 4:40 PM
Mar 2017
The 30 minute anabolic window and BCAA’s actually doing anything if you already have sufficient protein intake are also myths which is kind of weird for an informative anime to perpetuate.
Nov 21, 2019 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, Hibiki has some amazing arm strength, I can see it ... the next hajime no ippo!!

Nice to learn that normal stretching can be hurtfull

Nov 21, 2019 10:11 AM

Sep 2018
Really satisfying episode: the narration not only teaches many things and dispels certain beliefs, but it does so with a lot of sympathy and so much comedy. Excellent characters, they are really good at making time fly. The drawings and animations are more than good in quality.
Apr 9, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2015
ONE PAUNNCHHHHH!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 4, 2020 4:54 PM

Oct 2015
WTF was that destroyer punch! Caught me totally off guard!

Learning something about nutrition and exercising while watching this anime is good
Aug 11, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
I can feel my motivation welling up while watching this show ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Loved their reactions when Hibiki's swimsuit ripped and later Hibiki unleashing her secret power in the end lmao.
Jan 21, 2021 2:50 PM

Feb 2020
That punch was from out of this world.

I'm loving the comedy and all the educational parts.

SerafosJan 8, 1:15 PM
Sep 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
Another solide episode, a nice mix of working out and comedy. We also have another training member with her friend and it seems like two more girls will join the muscle club.
Nov 17, 2021 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
this anime is brilliant :D
and great not only for young people, but also lazy mature people :D I hope they will continue making hibiki into champion :D

that back to the future car :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 8, 2022 12:18 PM

Jan 2009
this is more of an educational anime than i thought, new info to me that stretching is bad before exercise and that plank exercise is good enough too

Hibiki is a natural boxer eh
Mar 1, 2022 4:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kek its suddenly steak. Way to go Sakura xd.

Ah, there's no ecchi without swimsuit part. I am glad they know what i want. However, watch out, Sakura, your swimsuit was about to be burst out. Then there it go, after some dynamic stretch. Oh boy, another knowledge i missed!

Ah the second part with Sakura's tan friend, and she sure helping a hardcore business around. At the end, looks like Sakurai exercise with Macho-san and muscle fetish girl, bear a fruit there. Suddenly she manage to broke out the punching bag. Way to go, Sakura xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 27, 2022 6:43 PM

Nov 2010
I could watch Akemi do those stretches for hours. Yummy!

I need Ayaka in my life right now. She has decent taste in movies.

Dragon flags and Plank huh. I've always been interested in building my abs. I might try that in the future if I don't get lazy.
Jun 23, 2022 3:13 PM

May 2019
So I started watching this series (saw 1st 2 episodes) and I have to say that this is a pretty good and unique anime. It is a combination of mostly realistic exercises and dieting recommendations coupled with a potential story-line of Hibiki becoming a boxer (at least the way she punched that punching bag implies a story-line there). Curious how this will end with only 12 episodes but enjoying the ride so far.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

134 by rohan121 »»
Sep 27, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Did you guys do the exercises at the end of the episodes?

JaniSIr - Apr 17, 2023

33 by deg »»
Aug 26, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

294 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 18, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

46 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 18, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2019

52 by removed-user »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.