Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2017 5:21 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Oh god this was better than I expected. All around the best of the season so far. Jabami went in like crazy and won cause she got lucky. It really felt intense watching them gamble. And of course, the faces.

Those faces were so gross that it's just pure beauty at the same time. I love seeing them make those creepy faces. The OP and ED were awesome too!
Ass, tits and gambling. What could be better than that?

MAPPA really brought their A+ game for this 1st episode. Fav of the season so far, can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 1, 2017 5:22 PM
Jul 2009
SkyDrop said:
Also liked that he is the MC and hopefully he will have fun with her.

Yumeko's the MC. The guy will appear often as an observer and a friend to Yumeko, but all the focus is on her. The story is mostly about her matches against the members of the student council.
Jul 1, 2017 5:23 PM

Oct 2015
Good visuals, good directing, good freaky faces, thrilling game, good explanation, good MC, good OP!

Off to a good start, hopefully the male dude doesn't get too annoying in the future.
Jul 1, 2017 5:29 PM

May 2015
This is one of my favourite mangas so I was really looking forward to the anime but.. what's up with this animation? it looks... weird. And I'm talking about Yumeko in particular. WHAT IS THIS???

Apart from her I like the other character's design, they nailed the crazy faces and that is super important to me. The OP and ED are amazing!! I love it <33 the art there is great!!!
I can't wait for the next ep <3
Jul 1, 2017 5:31 PM

May 2015
1idd0kun said:
SkyDrop said:

Yumeko's the MC. The guy will appear often as an observer and a friend to Yumeko, but all the focus is on her. The story is mostly about her matches against the members of the student council.

he is more like a useless sidekick xD
Jul 1, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit, the opening looks so cool. Crunchyroll pls. Might just cave and watch the fansub lol.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 1, 2017 5:37 PM

May 2015
Also did you guys liked the seiyuu? I was not a fan during the first couple of min because her voice was so... cute? I always imagine her having a (little bit) more deep voice? but she nailed the voice in the "crazy gambler" scenes <33
Jul 1, 2017 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
i like the opening, quite catchy. looks like a fun anime to watch, i don't even mind the fanservice. i don't really have high expectations, just gonna enjoy it for what it is
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2017 5:38 PM

Feb 2016
Boy, this looks LIT AF! pretty refreshing setting, lets see what this anime has to deliver!

that faces though! (The op was a bit weird hehehe) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) that Ending
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 1, 2017 5:42 PM

Dec 2016
This was very interesting.

I haven't watched anything like this before.

I actually kinda like this ruthless and cunning nature the characters have when it comes to this kind of gambling.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Jul 1, 2017 5:54 PM

Nov 2014
Best OP and faces of the season; jazz is always welcome. There's a lot of story potential with the gambling school premise. I look forward to seeing how they utilize it. The art style and atmosphere reminds me of the second Mardock Scramble movie. The animation is a little stiff, but I can get used to it.

5/5
Jul 1, 2017 5:55 PM

Jun 2016
Decent start. The series gets plus points for the ridiculous edge faces^^ Besides that it reminds me of Kaiji, especially with that restricted rock paper scissors game. Hopefully it delivers in future episodes.
Jul 1, 2017 5:55 PM
Jun 2016
Jabami gonna be best girl candidate this season and those faces are darn horrifying and hilarious at the same time. Can't wait to see the upcoming games!
Jul 1, 2017 6:02 PM

Jun 2016
I had a smile on my face while watching this. The manga is so good and I'm loving the animation and sound here.

This anime will be good. I can't wait for the next ep.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 1, 2017 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
YAY first new anime of Summer 2017 for me.
Crazy & fun first episode. OP song is alright. Lot of emphasis on the legs & the ED song is good. Quite catchy. Jabami is looking good. Character designs are great.

This school is crazy. Money is everything. The facial expression's are crazy & insane. Saori Hayami sounds amazing as Jabami. So damn crazy & insane. Those eyes are scary as hell. She owned Saotome even when the majority was against her. She is good at reading the situation.

Looking forward to more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 1, 2017 6:27 PM

Dec 2010
It had some issues, the animation was a bit inconsistant, and with the faster pacing I feel they skipped some scenes (mainly inner monologues).

That said, it was mostly very good, and I am really glad to see my favorite recent manga being animated.

Hayami Saori is perfect as Yumeko, and Meari's VA made a great job as well!
Jul 1, 2017 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Maximum edge, I like it. Looks like MAPPA is making Jabami the waifu of the Summer 2017 run. And to think, this is just 1 of like 4 shows that MAPPA will have airing. We already have Virgin Soul as a spring leftover. Damn, they doin' things. Also, Jabami with her ahegaos is gonna be the meme of this season.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 1, 2017 6:28 PM

Sep 2013
4/5- Yumeko is the best and I can't wait for the world to see how insane this character is. Facial expressions were awesome. Gambling was already fun but when the stakes are much higher, it's an overwhelming joy. The OP visuals are kinda "wtf" but I did enjoy the music.

I was stoked after reading the manga. The facial expressions in the manga feels more detailed than the anime but it's still great. My only complaint about that is how much bigger the lips are compared to the manga but I'm going off my memory.

I was a bit worried about Saori Hayami voicing Yumeko considering she normally plays the quiet and soft spoken types (Yukino Yukinoshita and Urara Shiraishi) but she did a pretty good job as Yumeko. I also like Mary's VA as well.

It's awesome to see Yumeko and Mary animated. I also can't wait for....

Jul 1, 2017 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
Tomohisa Ishikawa you fucking genius, that soundtrack was AMAZING. I knew I was going for a treat after TPG was hired for the music.

I love that OP and art style too. Potential AOTS.
Jul 1, 2017 6:53 PM

Dec 2014
Woah, I watched this just for the ridiculous reaction faces and Hayami Saori but turns out this was really hype. I could see the premise getting old but for now though I'm in it to win it.
Jul 1, 2017 7:01 PM

Nov 2016
This was worth the wait. Definitely a candidate for the AOTS, well at least the opening will probably be the best one in terms of visuals.

The episode itself was highly enjoyable, liked the RPS game and of course dem awesome facial expressions, I think that aspect alone will make this show a good experience.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2017 7:02 PM
Jun 2017
Looks like they adapted only 1 chapter for this episode.

That turned out better than I expected,the animation was good and the music was good too especially that opening.Good introductory episode so far 4/5
Jul 1, 2017 7:18 PM
Dec 2014
I reais the manga,etc
I love the expression on their faces, OMG, the love of gambling Every round, the OP and ED have fanservice, is good xD.. The OST's até Nice but they need something more..
VelzardJul 1, 2017 7:22 PM
Jul 1, 2017 7:21 PM
Dec 2014
vicexxv said:
The OP is kinda freaky to me LOL but it's kinda refreshing. Still waiting for Yumeko-chan to do something awesome xD
Go Read the manga xD, they até going to gambling veryyy veryy hard..
Jul 1, 2017 7:22 PM

May 2017
On the poll I gave it an "It was OK" rating. That being said this was due to a weak introduction of characters and the school itself. It has an interesting premise and I am sure this is one of those anime that will gradually get better with each coming episode.

I like the MC, (that's the black haired girl) and the apparent (so far) antagonist (blonde pigtail).

Hoping for the anime to breathe more "life" into the characters and school itself. As well as more interesting plot development and activities in which they interact, variety basically.

As for me, this ain't gonna be one of the gems of the season sadly, but still above average
👅♣️♠️💰
Jul 1, 2017 7:41 PM

Feb 2014
pgmhecateii said:
For some reason this anime reminded me of Prison School even though I haven't seen it yet.

I thought it was the same studio
Jul 1, 2017 7:42 PM
Oct 2010
bdsbff said:
Woah, I watched this just for the ridiculous reaction faces and Hayami Saori but turns out this was really hype. I could see the premise getting old but for now though I'm in it to win it.

Honestly, it doesn't get old and that's mostly thanks to the different personalities of the characters and the games getting more crazy. At least it hasn't gotten old yet in the manga.

This was a good adaptation tho, I was grinning like an idiot while watching it even though I knew what would happen.
GD1551Jul 1, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 1, 2017 7:42 PM

Mar 2017
Uuuh... getting the chills just after the first episode. I love how Jabami explains her reasoning like Sora from NGNL.
Jul 1, 2017 7:46 PM
Oct 2010
I'm also quite surprised they kept the sexy/yuri-ish angle of the manga as well. I was kinda expecting that to get removed for some reason.
Jul 1, 2017 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
Fun stuff. But if money is no object for Jabroni, what are the stakes? Guess losing would be enough to devastate her based on her reactions.
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 1, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2015
Okay, pretty good animation and story also the "Psychological" is the element I like most (not to mention their uniform instantly remind me for Umineko Anime). But if the game they're playing until later is just Poker, which the element I don't really understand with... Maybe I'll pass, but guess I'll consider it until next week.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2017 7:51 PM
Aug 2016
Subarashii_8520 said:
Tsubomi and Kiwatari Will not appear or exist in the anime?
Only those who have read the manga will know that they are

I've read the manga, but I still forgot who those two are.
Jul 1, 2017 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
That was definitely different! But i really enjoyed this first episode!
Summer is off to a decent start i guess!
Jul 1, 2017 8:00 PM
Aug 2016
1idd0kun said:
SkyDrop said:

He's only there so that the viewers have a character that they can see the events of the story through. He's quite useless, and even if he didn't exist, the story wouldn't be much different.
Jul 1, 2017 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
At first she looks like an angel but then she make those faces, creepy Dx

insanely instense gambling + lewd and damn faces, this gonna be an fun and interesting

the OP is damn good, supercell on the work.
Jul 1, 2017 8:11 PM

Aug 2015
Hopefully this series will become more like Kaiji later where the games are fucked up and insane as well as the people. Honestly though, the overexaggerated Higurashi faces kinda take away the tension, in Kaiji they were able to portray the evilness of the villains through their words and actions alone. Though I still had fun with this episode, looking forward to the next.
Jul 1, 2017 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
While the episode was obvious based on how it went on the gambling with few exceptions of it, the way it was directed towards the execution of it was utter chills down my spine. Also I really don't like Mary but she got mayor cucked hard in this episode.

I love Jabami so much so far xD such nice but then sadistic.
Jul 1, 2017 8:26 PM
Sep 2016
Wow this was so intense. Jabami's glare, Mary's expressions and her gritting her teeth so hard were so creepy.

Liked the ED, the OP was good too. Overall, great start.
Jul 1, 2017 8:29 PM
Nov 2015
loved it. my babe, celestia ludenberg would fit right into this school.
also this gave me shaft vibes, especially the op. wish they'd done it instead.
Jul 1, 2017 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
nice first episode
that opening tho wow, hardcore..

I thought she said "gambling makes me wet" in the mango?!
RIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Jul 1, 2017 8:44 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome start, that was really entertaining.

OP is real classy. xD

I absolutely love Yumeno, she's got has this elegant charm but with a crazy streak in her and the way she wrecked Mary was epic. That taunting after she won with the 'Hai?' was savage as hell. Not to mention those eye shots and those savage faces, epic. I honestly love the eyes, Yumeno's especially. XD

This show is gonna be a real entertainer for the rest of this season.

Also, Hayami Saori nailed her performance. Props to her.

Looking forward to more.
Nov 2016
I got really scared of this becoming a trashy one. But after one episode this is already on my top 5. I have not even 1 complain about this episode
Dec 2015
As much as I like Saori-san, I really think she isn't suited for that role. It was painful to hear her voice at certain times.
Jul 1, 2017 8:49 PM

Nov 2014
Great start, a good way to introduce the premise and show us a preview of the art style. Not particularly a mind blowing start, but shows lots and lots of potential.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 1, 2017 8:55 PM
Nov 2016
Holy craaap! This was the purest definition of edge just as I predicted!
Okay, I get this anime isn't meant to be taken seriously, but if you're trying to make me feel, "thrilled"...you're gonna fail with expressions more trie-hard than Akame ga Kill.
And God, if those weren't bad enough, Main Girl gets horny from gambling...are you serious?
To top it off, this ep straight-up insulted my intelligence.
Dropped.
Jul 1, 2017 8:57 PM
Nov 2016
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Hopefully this series will become more like Kaiji later where the games are fucked up and insane as well as the people. Honestly though, the overexaggerated Higurashi faces kinda take away the tension, in Kaiji they were able to portray the evilness of the villains through their words and actions alone. Though I still had fun with this episode, looking forward to the next.

Higurashi's insane expressions actually freaked me out.
Kaiji was unpredictable as f*ck.
Kagerui ain't no Kaiji.
Jul 1, 2017 8:58 PM

Jul 2016
Hasn't gone inside me yet but I just know the OP will be stuck in my head. Been a while since I got some psychological and this was a decent start. Those faces definitely surprised me. Everyone's crazy and I love it. Also love that ED too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
damn, the forums these days...
Jul 1, 2017 8:59 PM

Aug 2015
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Higurashi's insane expressions actually freaked me out.
Kaiji was unpredictable as f*ck.
Kagerui ain't no Kaiji.

I agree on all fronts
Jul 1, 2017 9:00 PM
Jun 2017
Ten outta ten, would recommend, would definitely see again! (& what's more to come obviously) \(^~^)/

Jul 1, 2017 9:05 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
definitely going to fuck hard with this show, dem HQ tits and pantyshots in the ED

dem faces too XD
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

181 by saipulipoel »»
Oct 6, 3:49 AM

» Where the heck to start the manga after the anime

someguy - Sep 28

14 by RichRinJin »»
Sep 29, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

218 by Julyking59 »»
Aug 20, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

122 by Artromex »»
Aug 7, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

186 by Artromex »»
Jul 14, 5:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.