Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, that little runt is still trying to finish what he started.
That just made the journey even more dangerous now.

I actually kinda like the aerial battle though as it showcases what these warships are capable of. A rather thrilling episode tbh.
Apr 29, 2017 9:27 AM
Nov 2012
Didn't expect the aerial battle with aunty Tiamat to be this awesome!
I love how they animate Aerial Blitz and Gran/Rackam struggling to dodge all those beams.
Really looking forward to other islands' boss fight.
Apr 29, 2017 9:30 AM

Apr 2010
Well it looks like Tiama has calmed down and they even got a present from her.
Now that they started their journey things will certainly get interesting along the way.

Still they have a few objectives and i wonder if they will be able to achieve them as small as they may be.
Apr 29, 2017 10:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a pretty cool conclusion to that arc....The crew is formed and we got another goal too, plus the third party leader got revealed (But he's wearing damn armor >.<)

I wonder who he is though
Apr 29, 2017 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Animation was pretty good this episode and Gran's animation sequence against Tiamat was really awesome.

Sky Map pieces are pretty interesting.
Our crew is formed and we're off to find Raftel Astral Island.

Wonder who the person behind the armor is. :o
Apr 29, 2017 10:28 AM

Jun 2015
The animation when Gran was going against Tiamat was great. She is huge. The crew has finally formed. I wonder who's inside that armor. It was them that wanted to destroy the island.
Apr 29, 2017 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
Rackam with the flying and dodging skills, good thing those weren't homing beams.
Gran with the leap of recklessness and he stops tiamat and gets a piece of the sky map.
Rackam joins the crew and now onto astral.
Apr 29, 2017 2:08 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, that sakuga scene in the middle was insane. Really cool work with the artstyle.

Best episode yet, i enjoyed the discussions with Gran/Katalina/Rackam, forming a crew and him being the captain.

Final Fantasy as fuck still.
Apr 29, 2017 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
Tokoya said:

I wonder who he is though

Who indeed, I wonder.
Apr 29, 2017 5:11 PM

May 2015
That was a pretty intense fight there up in the air.

Ok episode.

Apr 29, 2017 6:19 PM

Dec 2016
Rackam and Gran both had some good plans there, really helped them in that battle against Tiamat.

I'm a little surprised nothing happened with the little general afterwards, thought he would have been pissed off and start attacking the island himself, and then a battle against him would occur.

I'm a bit worried that this place on the skymap and the secret client are in the same place, sounds like a trap to me.

We also got those 2 from the empire and some mysterious armored woman to also deal with.

Captain Gran has a nice ring to it.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 29, 2017 8:17 PM
Jan 2014

>Quite a unique experience for me seeing Kat without her gauntlets on *points at Summer Katalina*
>Feels nostalgic with Gran beating Tiamat

>Valtz Duchy, eh?

>Quite an epic appearance for a certain person wearing a Black suit of armor
UltimusInfinitumApr 29, 2017 8:23 PM
Apr 29, 2017 8:26 PM

Jun 2009
UltimusInfinitum said:

>Feels nostalgic with Gran beating Tiamat

This was a great episode. I was wondering how they would animate his battle with Tiamat and that went surprisingly well. Can't wait for how Valtz will be like.
CakeyAiriiApr 29, 2017 8:29 PM
Apr 29, 2017 8:49 PM
Nov 2015
this was good episode i like how the air ship dealing with those rain of missile.
Apr 30, 2017 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
It was pretty cool if you ask me.
Apr 30, 2017 3:50 AM
Oct 2007
Final Fantasy vibe all around! :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2017 6:41 AM

Nov 2011
The episode lets you run smoothly. The narration is sliding and the part devoted to the action is quite interesting, though not reserving anything exceptional. Maybe it's Rackam's shaky maneuvers, to be one of the most interesting parts of the whole episode, along with the finale. Who knows who the guy with the black armor is, of course, a woman, the voice did not look like a man. Drawings that maintain a good quality level. Even the animations, are qualitatively good.
Apr 30, 2017 6:59 AM
Jan 2014
Niitori said:

Apr 30, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
Am I the only one who thought Tiamat is just as big as humans?
Apr 30, 2017 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
I wonder what kind of diabolical thing that those 2 concocted with Gran's team?
Apr 30, 2017 3:10 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, the battle with Tiamat.

Was really looking forward how they would animate the fight. Didn't really disappoint here.

Valtz Duchy next, here we go.
Apr 30, 2017 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder who was that girl (?) in the big black armor...
May 1, 2017 12:33 AM

Mar 2016
Very good episode! The right mix of action character development and world building. That dude in the armor at the end looked awesome but I'm not sure if they are bad guys or planning to use Gran and his crew or what so I guess we have to wait and see! I'm so glad they picked up Rackam as their helmsman because I really like his character. I was shocked by how big Tiamat was! I was expecting Tiamat to be normal size like Lyria but she was huge! The action was really nice but there were a few scenes where the animation of the rocks exploding was a lower quality animation...I don't know what that's all about but it wasn't a big distraction. btw that shopkeeper is too adorable!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 1, 2017 1:54 AM

Feb 2011
The animation in this episode was simply incredible and Rackam is a very welcome addition to the main cast. I'm loving this show more and more.
May 1, 2017 2:47 AM

Jan 2015
Animation was on point, the OST was beautiful (especially Tiamat's ost), action was pretty good.

Well, great episode overall. Still can't understand why this has such a low score
May 1, 2017 4:20 AM

May 2010
Okay so can Reckam really talk with the ship 'cause I am lost. It did act like a living being last episode. Or maybe there's a living being inside it. Some sort of powerful being which can control the ship. Who knows.

This anime n its animation always manage to steal my heart. Have no idea how it has a low score, I thought people liked stuff like this...

Dat Gran x Katalina scene tho, cute. I like these two together.
Reckam/Gran bromance tho. I like too.
Both scenes were done verywell.

Ah, just don't show me that disgusting chibi again and I will love it.

Ohh a side-quest? Seems suspicious.

This show really needs more love badly. One of the best fantasy RPG-esque anime imo.
May 1, 2017 7:34 AM

May 2012
I think the guy with beard in the opening is Gran father

I wonder if Gran and Katalina are related. Same hair and eye color

May 1, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2015
Tiamat have an accuracy of a storm trooper.
May 1, 2017 1:32 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Right now that they manage to get the airship operational they need to get her to the storm itself and so as to allow Lyria to work her magic. Well she's a fine ride but not a smooth one yet lol. Seems the airship is not yet willing to let one ride her yet lol. Hmm so thats the eye of the storm that they have to head into eh. Sure looks forbidding doesn't it. Tiamat must really be angry because people have not worshiped her for son long though. So Gran has the ability to see pretty far away eh. So essentially the empire is using their device to manipulate the goddess and have her destroy the island eh. Crafty of them. Since the goddess uses winds rocks and islands are the things we need out for here. Hmm lasers this time eh. Hmm using gravity to increase your speed eh. Smart move. But now that you are through her defenses you have to face Tiamat directly.
And man she looks powerful. So the lasers are being fired from her dragon heads eh. It seems she's not interested in speaking i guess. Hmm giving Gran the power of that dragon eh. Lyria's cute when she's determined though. One hell of a jump though. But man Gran looked badass as he avoided all attempts to shoot him down and ran along the dragon heads to get to her. So that crystal was the way the empire was using to control her eh. Wow didn't realize how large Tiamat is until i seen how small Gran was against her. I guess that will teach people to not neglect your gods though. Lol that was one hell of a ride but im glad that they managed to calm Tiamat and stop the storms. Still have the empire and that puny general to deal with though. Im glad that everyone was safe though.
Though whether they would pray to Tiamat again like they did in the past is hard to tell.

I guess Katalina can tell quite easily when someone is injured more than they look. Still she is right in that Gran is just too reckless with his life. He's hopeless but he sure has determination and courage and faith as well. In not just his powers but in Lyria's as well. Its nice that Katalina is trying to be more responsible for Gran and Lyria though and try and solve problems that they encounter along the way. As an adult i guess she thinks she should be more responsible for their welfare. Lol the small shopkeeper is as funny as ever. Hmm so Tiamat gave them the first of many pieces of the sky map that they need to navigate to the hidden places in the sky eh. Guess their next destination is a volcano then. Gran's dream of wanting to go to the island of the astral s still hasn't disappear eh. Hmm whether or not the letter is real or not is conjecture but on the off chance that it is it means that Grans father is also still alive and that island is real as well. That explains why Gran is so determined to go there. If anything Gran's determination really is uplifting and infectious. Its nice that Rackam also shares Grans hopes to explore and find new things though. Guess we can add Rackam to the band then. Katarina is always so formal when she's addressing people but i guess that comes from being a knight where titles are important. Hmm so the two agents really were working for another faction of the empire this one led by a scary armored female knight. It seems their sudden request also coincides with their original destination as well to. The plot thickens though. Lol Gran can finally be a captain like his father though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2017 4:30 PM
Sep 2014
I feel like this anime draws a LOT of inspiration from the Zelda games, or is it just me? especially this episode...

May 1, 2017 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
Weird, I feel like this anime lacks sound effects, though the animation was pretty tops... Also, the goddess was much bigger than I thought she was, thought it makes sense that she is big, since shes a goddess. Rackam joins the party, and episode ends with the crew going for their next destination.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 2, 2017 3:07 AM

May 2016
In one way it wasn't good animated but in other hand it was very good.
Gran did awesome job
May 2, 2017 7:19 AM

Jan 2015
Jakubajk said:
In one way it wasn't good animated

What? Do you need glasses?
May 2, 2017 7:56 AM

May 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Jakubajk said:
In one way it wasn't good animated

What? Do you need glasses?
I think you need glasses if you just quote half of my post ...
To be more specific. In one moment animation is really good but five seconds later animation looks like shit.

May 2, 2017 8:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great work to defeat the Tiamat, wind goddes!!!!
Continues the travel to new frontiers!!!
May 2, 2017 10:06 AM

Jan 2015
@Jakubajk in my eyes in both frames the animation looks very good.
May 2, 2017 7:15 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Pretty cool battle, the animation was great.

They never really told us what happened to that little general, but we'll probably see him again soon enough.

I actually find myself looking forward to what they see next. I wonder if we'll finally meet the plant lady?

Was hoping Katalina and Gran were going to have a shipping moment there, because Katalina best grill.
May 3, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2011
So is this series going anywhere? The score on this show is horrendous, should I expect the score to change when it is completed? I usually watch 7.5+ shows only.
May 3, 2017 7:22 PM

May 2015
This episode was thrilling indeed. The music during that aerial fight was spot on as well the fighting animation.

vansonbee said:
.... The score on this show is horrendous, should I expect the score to change when it is completed? I usually watch 7.5+ shows only.

So are the scores for other series this season that are actually decent such as Sakura Quest, Alice to Zouroku, and Atom: The Beginning (just to mention a few).

If scores are that important to you, then wait until the whole series ends to find for yourself... I can’t predict scores, especially in a site like this (nor I really care to be honest).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
May 4, 2017 1:35 AM
Jan 2014
thepath said:
I think the guy with beard in the opening is Gran father

I wonder if Gran and Katalina are related. Same hair and eye color

I'd like to answer your statement, but that would be requiring revealing the identity of said person, who himself has two (three, if including game-only characters, two blood-related) associated with him.

May 4, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2014
Tiamat a qt.
That Gran YOLO jump haha.
Gran x Kat moment was pretty cute.
Looking forward to Valtz!
May 6, 2017 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
OST really sounds like Yuuki Yuuna wa...
Gran is now captain of the ship!
3/5.

May 6, 2017 8:42 PM
Mar 2012
His momKatalina worried Gran going yolo again. That aerial Gran vs Tiamat fight was epic, nice debris & camera track in running on a dragon. cg/2d dragon pretty good this time.
May 8, 2017 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
Couldn't they have just shot off the crystal instead of falling to their doom?

Just a thought.
May 29, 2017 7:33 AM

Sep 2015
That was awesome seems like the islanders will change their ways
Jul 26, 2017 4:10 AM

Dec 2016
I mean we all knew it was gonna happen, but I'm glad Rackam officially joined the crew!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 16, 2017 1:12 AM

Apr 2013
the opening song has really grown on me, even if i'm still iffy about the video itself. besides that, the episode was... fine i guess. it didn't really resonate with me much but it didn't annoy me to death either and we got the first Macguffin of the series.
though the part where Gran seemed to suddenly gain inhuman agility did make me a bit irritated. Bahamut may have given him strength and durability to survive one of Tiamat's blasts head on but that did not provide super reflexes (or at least i think it didn't). And if we're supposed to believe it's because of his own skill, then i would like to question, what skill? he lived in a backwater village after all, so where would he have gotten the training?

P.S.
Katalina is slowly becoming my favorite character in the anime as the only responsible adult in this group of impulsive generic characters.

P.P.S
Oh my god! Gran is basically generic Sky-Luffy. And that was a WOMAN in the armor right?
Jan 2, 2018 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
Okay, a bit better episode. It seems the adventure will finally begin! I enjoyed Gran fighting in the sky, DOPE. I hope there's more sky action.
Mar 30, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2007
The Black Knight is,,,,,,, good.

I sometimes forget Tiamat is so big myself since she's normal size on my wind team... Though I'm sure I won't forget after farming her for the SSR weapon to get my omega grid complete >>;

Aug 24, 2019 3:07 AM

Mar 2018
Smooth.
"Made his own crew" huh.. One Piece flashbacks

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

104 by aimso1 »»
May 19, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

41 by ArtemisOrion »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pipe - Jun 24, 2017

194 by Nihilna »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

87 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

35 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.