Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2007
Sweanime said:
DeadIEnd said:
>A lot of people calling Yuuji Gary Stu

Not enough Juicy for you?

Not really. He has a lot of a personality, you'll see.

He´s a fucking badass. Hope more anime guys will be like him.

That does not matter.

Every character who is weak and human is a "useless wimp"
Every character who is not weak and has badassery is "a gary stu".

THat's how MAL works.
Oct 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
Is it just me or this story seems to have great potential? I hope so cuz it looked great!

I love the main character already xD
What if this turns out to be a Akuma no Riddle-like story? It would be pretty cool and it seems like it will be something like that.
Oct 6, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
lol about the complaints of fanservice of an eroge adaption. VNs besides Nukiges tend to _not_ show panties, even when theres clearly a dialoge about it(it's annoyin' lol). They have specific H-scenes for it, to" make up" for that. Specially Grisaia wouldnt bother with the low amount of very well done CGs to show fanservice even if it wouldnt be out of place(Amane *hust*). Naked Amane is enough for that and the first CG is enough of fanservice to lock-in. Its also not out of place in an Anime for Grisaia, as long as its not badly done and they dont overdo it too much in future episodes(where serious stuff is goin' on). But yeah dat Yuuji fanservice focus was kinda very unexpected lol. Also it looks like this is going to be teh only good "ecchi anime"(even if its not) in quite a time.

Decent job so far, but needs moar Tunafishman lol(joke). Still hoping its 2+ cour and i will see the Michiru ending <3
Oct 6, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2011
I liked this first episode. The characters are well done and the story is alright but next episode I guess things will start to pick up 4/5
Oct 6, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, was playing this visual novel.... and now I see an adaptation :D. The visuals are suprisingly amazing. I'm glad some of the monologues are in, and rofl that ending, don't remember it from the VN.....

Well, I plan continuing playing the VN, though the adaptation looks pretty well made so far.... let's hope its 2 cour.
I am a human.
Oct 6, 2014 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
Well, that was unexpected. Kenchiin's sign of approval. Let's see how it goes.

» Escapism.

Oct 6, 2014 4:17 PM

Nov 2013
Well, this was... Interesting..
I probably should have done some research instead of just picking it up only knowing the title because this was seriously unexpected .__.
Good episode overall though 4/5

Not sure how I feel about this yet but we'll see. 7/10 for now, don't want to expect too much and end up disappointed...
Oct 6, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
IronLobster said:
Huge_Ero said:
The lighting for this series hurts my eyes.

Lancehot said:
As an aside, this is the second show this season, after Transformers, that seems to be trying to blind me with its lighting effects. What's up with that? I swear every reflective surface, & not just Amane's boobs, was doing damage to my retinas.

For those of you who don't get that much sunlight, it's probably better to turn down the brightness.

I am in the sun everyday.
The lighting effects are just annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2013
Wow a lot of underskirt shots.
Oct 6, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
I'm getting stapler stapler vibes from Yumiko...

Is she like Senjougahara?
Oct 6, 2014 5:14 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, I don't understand all the hype going around for this show, but I'm interested in what the VN actually has in store...might as well check it out later >.>
Oct 6, 2014 5:49 PM

Jun 2013
Really liked that first episode. This anime has definitely got me interested.
Will be looking into the Visual Novel a bit as well.
Oct 6, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2010
As a person who has completed the VN, I absolutely loved this episode. It's also really need to hear Yuuji voiced and by Sakurai Takahiro too.

5/5
Oct 6, 2014 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
Huge_Ero said:
The lighting effects are just annoying.

I like the lighting effects. It kind of reminds me of Garden of Words.

MoeGod said:
Ugh the first few minutes was enough to make me facepalm.. let's see a stoic gary stu character? check, an incredibly stupid female who even lets go of the steering wheel and not react when they almost hit a truck? check, a maid chara who's not really a maid and is a maid for no reason? check, stock characters (like a big boob red head classmate and a panty-showing loli) plucked straight out of every other anime or eroge? check.

This looks like every bit of a bad adaption of a bad eroge, as if that Motomote show isn't hideous enough there just has to be 2 in one season. How this got a high early rating based on this garbage first episode is beyond me. I mean I know most anime is overrated early on but wow this takes the cake. I doubt even any action would make this any different.

I can give you 101 reasons why you're wrong, but I don't have nearly as many fucks to give. Oh wait, you made me reply, so that's one.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 6, 2014 6:44 PM

Dec 2007
MoeGod said:
Ugh the first few minutes was enough to make me facepalm.. let's see a stoic gary stu character? check, an incredibly stupid female who even lets go of the steering wheel and not react when they almost hit a truck? check, a maid chara who's not really a maid and is a maid for no reason? check, stock characters (like a big boob red head classmate and a panty-showing loli) plucked straight out of every other anime or eroge? check.

This looks like every bit of a bad adaption of a bad eroge, as if that Motomote show isn't hideous enough there just has to be 2 in one season. How this got a high early rating based on this garbage first episode is beyond me. I mean I know most anime is overrated early on but wow this takes the cake. I doubt even any action would make this any different.

Not only are you wrong in every sentence in this paragraph, which is feat in and of itself, but you are able to say things about anime/character quality with the name MoeGod and rated K-on a 10/10. Normally I wouldn't bring up other people favorite anime because it's in poor taste, but your hypocrisy and lack of thought or patience is so amazing you seriously deserve the Neckbeard Nobel prize.

One of the best things about Grisaia is that, unlike a huge majority of anime, every character acts a specific way for a legitimate reason. Maybe because of the way bad anime has treated its viewers inelegance in the past, those viewers have devolved to fit that inelegance level, but saying THAT much about an anime that you literally have no information of its backstory is downright sad.
KetuekigamiOct 6, 2014 7:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2014
Ketuekigami said:
One of the best things about Grisaia is that, unlike a huge majority of anime, every character acts a specific way for a legitimate reason.

QFT

QF Emphasis

Impatient people take note.
Oct 6, 2014 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
im glad ppl are dropping this early

now i dont have to deal with idiots calling the MC gary stu or thinking this is a generic harem
Oct 6, 2014 7:36 PM
Jul 2013
If you played the visual novel and loved it. You'll love the first episode as well, it was really great.

Really curious whose route comes first, though I'm worrying how will they finish the anime, will they rush it or have each route very detailed?
Oct 6, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2012
Moodie said:
im glad ppl are dropping this early

now i dont have to deal with idiots calling the MC gary stu or thinking this is a generic harem

Yep, some people just don't understand and drop things too early. As an adaptation, I think the first Episode was very respectable.
Oct 6, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
Oh, that ending! I'm definitely intrigued now. I haven't made it too far into the VN yet (I stopped a little past where this episode ended), but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. I've heard so many good things about the VN and I hope the anime lives up to it. Could have done without the panty shots though. I didn't mind Amane's boobs so much, since it was in the VN. I actually kind of like the fact that she's cool with just flaunting her body like that.
Oct 6, 2014 8:47 PM

Oct 2011
Yuuji is not gary stu lol. gary stu wants to be Yuuji
Oct 6, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
DANNNNG.

Haven't read the VN or anything, but damn, this is very promising so far. I like the artistic effects and lens flares/lightning etc. (like last season's Nobunaga Concerto). The art is really well done, no lie.

I like the MC, as well. Good looking, good voice (SAKUPYON nuff said) and he's hilarious. lol Even the female characters are pretty decent so far. The only two I don't care much for are the maid and loli.

I expected this to be generic/average because it looked so in the PV, but I'm surprised by how...idk good it was? I'm satisfied and I'm looking forward to this next week.
Oct 6, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2013
The art is pretty good though it seems they sacrificed the animation for good art. Their movements are rather good but it looks like they used fewer frames that's why they looked a little stiff.

Too much fanservice and manservice. Im not really a fan of that. Its funny though how the mc just saw someone naked and he didnt even bat an eye. My kind of mc lol.

Im not sure who is the main heroine, is it Amane or Yumiko?

Not a bad start imo. I didnt really know what to expect before watching this but now it really piqued my interest.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 6, 2014 10:11 PM

Apr 2011
Plenty of panty shots but sad that even AT-X is censoring the boobs in order to encourage Blu-Ray sales. Seems almost pointless when even the pay cable channel is censoring.

I was very entertained, and it looks like there's a lot of weird stuff going on. I hope we get a Yosuga no Sora type of adaptation, where each girl gets an arc. I especially like the paint-by-numbers tsundere who's trying so hard to BE a paint-by-numbers tsundere, lol. And Amane is a very interesting sort of 'onee-san'. I love that for ONCE in anime we had the main character walk in on a naked girl in his room, and neither

a) the main character freaks out and refuses to look, or
b) the female character freaks out and decks the MC, even though it's his room she's currently naked in.

I've gotten SO sick of that trope that when it finally gets subverted, it's like a breath of fresh air to me ...

Will definitely be watching this.
Oct 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
Kinda peeked at the announcement thread for this a while back and people kept talking about the VN. Didn't really read much so I have no idea what to expect.

First like 10 minutes of that dude being butt-ass naked kind of threw me off. I was like...drop this now?

Glad I stuck around though.

All the different girls seem pretty interesting off the get go. None of them seem too cliché or anything, but I've never really had a problem with tropes.

All of the colorful assorments of panties shown this episode is always a plus.

That Amane girl's tits...goddamn. I'm more hyped for vol.01 BD than I am for episode 2!

So I watched the HS version, and there were black bars on the top and bottom like I was watching a movie or something. Is every episode going to be like that? Or was that just for the first one? I'm not a fan of it, but the animation was really nice and I have like zero complaints about it so I guess it's a fair tradeoff.

Speaking of animation, all the characters seemed a bit Shafty, lol. Without all the head turning/body turning/scene turning. Not that it's a bad thing. But MC and the blonde girl especially, look like a scarred up Araragi and an older blonde Mayoi. Even that girl with the box cutter was a lot like Senjougahara haha.

Dat ending though. Holy shit. Dude didn't think she could lock pick but it turns out she's pretty damn good. Cute maid girl making bombs? Angry box cutter girl? MC has a high caliber sniper rifle under his bed? Woah. I have no idea where this is going but the hype is real! Bring on episode 2!
Oct 6, 2014 10:32 PM

Nov 2013
Blind_Guardian said:
Plenty of panty shots but sad that even AT-X is censoring the boobs in order to encourage Blu-Ray sales. Seems almost pointless when even the pay cable channel is censoring.

I was very entertained, and it looks like there's a lot of weird stuff going on. I hope we get a Yosuga no Sora type of adaptation, where each girl gets an arc. I especially like the paint-by-numbers tsundere who's trying so hard to BE a paint-by-numbers tsundere, lol. And Amane is a very interesting sort of 'onee-san'. I love that for ONCE in anime we had the main character walk in on a naked girl in his room, and neither

a) the main character freaks out and refuses to look, or
b) the female character freaks out and decks the MC, even though it's his room she's currently naked in.

I've gotten SO sick of that trope that when it finally gets subverted, it's like a breath of fresh air to me ...

Will definitely be watching this.

That is my first reason why i love yuuki (no homo)
That is also one of my many reasons i love GNK xD
Jonesy974 said:
Kinda peeked at the announcement thread for this a while back and people kept talking about the VN. Didn't really read much so I have no idea what to expect.

First like 10 minutes of that dude being butt-ass naked kind of threw me off. I was like...drop this now?

Glad I stuck around though.

All the different girls seem pretty interesting off the get go. None of them seem too cliché or anything, but I've never really had a problem with tropes.

All of the colorful assorments of panties shown this episode is always a plus.

That Amane girl's tits...goddamn. I'm more hyped for vol.01 BD than I am for episode 2!

So I watched the HS version, and there were black bars on the top and bottom like I was watching a movie or something. Is every episode going to be like that? Or was that just for the first one? I'm not a fan of it, but the animation was really nice and I have like zero complaints about it so I guess it's a fair tradeoff.

Speaking of animation, all the characters seemed a bit Shafty, lol. Without all the head turning/body turning/scene turning. Not that it's a bad thing. But MC and the blonde girl especially, look like a scarred up Araragi and an older blonde Mayoi. Even that girl with the box cutter was a lot like Senjougahara haha.

Dat ending though. Holy shit. Dude didn't think she could lock pick but it turns out she's pretty damn good. Cute maid girl making bombs? Angry box cutter girl? MC has a high caliber sniper rifle under his bed? Woah. I have no idea where this is going but the hype is real! Bring on episode 2!

Why waiting for BD if you can see that on VN :3

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NiyawaOct 9, 2014 9:36 AM
Oct 6, 2014 11:03 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Xynic said:
Im not sure who is the main heroine, is it Amane or Yumiko?.
Oct 6, 2014 11:34 PM

Aug 2014
Answer to peoples question that comes up everytime.

Makina (the loli) is one of the most enjoyable characters. Pulls absurd sex jokes, talking bad English and swear constantly.

Yumiko looks like Senjougahara and similar characters from the Bakemonogatari series. the same artist.

Who is the main heroine? Indirect no one because there is no true route in the first VN. And no main heroine. But people have gotten the idea that Yumiko is the one. Though her ​​route is boring as hell IMO. But people like her.

Yuuji is the best male character ever. Unfortunately most of his monologue disappears.

The maid is in its own league even we who read VN hardly know why she does what she does, so do not ask;) ( I´m ironic so no missunderstangings ;) )

Michiru and Amane best girls! : D
SweanimeOct 7, 2014 12:56 AM
Oct 6, 2014 11:42 PM

Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:

I'm guessing it's either because they wanted to/ have screened ep. 1 at movie theaters as an opening event, or because they want to remove them for the Bluray to sell more while calling it "remastered" :P

Sweanime said:
The maid is in its own league even we who read VN hardly know why she does what she does, so do not ask;)

Speak for yourself, Sachis overachieving is very aptly explained in the VN. You probably just didn't pay attention because you had made your mind up before even starting that you didn't like her or something.

Sachi = Michiru >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Makina >>>>>>>> The rest
NiyawaOct 9, 2014 9:37 AM
Oct 7, 2014 12:48 AM

Aug 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
Sweanime said:
The maid is in its own league even we who read VN hardly know why she does what she does, so do not ask;)

Speak for yourself, Sachis overachieving is very aptly explained in the VN. You probably just didn't pay attention because you had made your mind up before even starting that you didn't like her or something.

I was a bit ironic when it came sachi ;) And I like sachi. Hwo can´t you like this (only a picture)

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
NiyawaOct 9, 2014 9:38 AM
Oct 7, 2014 12:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sweanime said:
Red_Tuesday said:

I was a bit ironic when it came sachi ;) And I like sachi. Hwo can´t you like this (only a picture)

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
NiyawaOct 9, 2014 9:38 AM
Oct 7, 2014 1:08 AM

Dec 2013
Had a good start, seems pretty good. I like the tsundere blondie and Amane as well as all the other girls. Damn that red haired at the end... I feel jealous of that guy. But he's another one of those thats probably really dense and not into females. I think all the girls have some sort of back story to each of them and dark history. Hopefully next episode will be good one too. I seeeriously think that guy is damned lucky. And lol... Amane is kinda cute. Characters like those always exist somewhere.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 7, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2014
kingsheep812 said:
Had a good start, seems pretty good. I like the tsundere blondie and Amane as well as all the other girls. Damn that red haired at the end... I feel jealous of that guy. But he's another one of those thats probably really dense and not into females. I think all the girls have some sort of back story to each of them and dark history. Hopefully next episode will be good one too. I seeeriously think that guy is damned lucky. And lol... Amane is kinda cute. Characters like those always exist somewhere.

He is not dense for 5 cents. He just does not give a fuck about a naked girl. He is a total badass ;) You will understand later :D
Oct 7, 2014 1:14 AM
Jun 2013
kingsheep812 said:

Then you realized this is based on a eroge and not light novel. In "normal" eroge, the mc will always fuck every heroine so obviously they're interested in girls. In this case the mc is one of those rare mc that isn't a virgin.
Oct 7, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2014
kingsheep812 said:
But he's another one of those thats probably really dense and not into females.

Because a dude can be unfazed from something like that he's dense?

You think all males lose control of their faculties when across from a couple of hooters? Not everyone is that weak. And no, it doesn't make them 'gay'.

Weak-spined male leads are the worst. We need more Yuujis in the medium.
Oct 7, 2014 1:22 AM

Aug 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
kingsheep812 said:
But he's another one of those thats probably really dense and not into females.

Because a dude can be unfazed from something like that he's dense?

You think all males lose control of their faculties when across from a couple of hooters? Not everyone is that weak. And no, it doesn't make them 'gay'.

Weak-spined male leads are the worst. We need more Yuujis in the medium.

He will grow up to :) When you dont giva a shit about a naked womens body. it´s just a body anyway.
Oct 7, 2014 3:28 AM

Oct 2013
Dat end.. makes people who never play the VN to get the wrong image about Grisaia xD (seeing so many Akuma no Riddle comments lol)

Im not even that surprised Amane can pick lock.. she probably learned it from "you know who" :D
Oct 7, 2014 3:37 AM

Sep 2011
Great episode but is anybody else in love with Mc and wish you could use him for other anime?
Oct 7, 2014 4:14 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
That anime... is going to be quite depressing...
"birth itself is an mistake"
"sin of defiance"
"dead, yet alive"
"no one will protect"
"survival is punishment"

:D Somewhat sums up my mind.
Oct 7, 2014 4:31 AM

Jan 2012
AkaHoshii said:
Dat end.. makes people who never play the VN to get the wrong image about Grisaia xD (seeing so many Akuma no Riddle comments lol)

Im not even that surprised Amane can pick lock.. she probably learned it from "you know who" :D

Welp cant be helped, Akuma no Riddle expectations are still better than the typical harem or fan service hate lol. ;)
Oct 7, 2014 5:05 AM
Mar 2014
Lol dat ending they must be doing homework, w8 we dident get homework so they must be masterbaiting xD.
Oct 7, 2014 6:39 AM

Nov 2013
TheWantedOne said:
If you played the visual novel and loved it. You'll love the first episode as well, it was really great.
A friend who is reading the VN already complained about the first episode an hour or so ago tho.
Oct 7, 2014 6:44 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
TheWantedOne said:
A friend who is reading the VN already complained about the first episode an hour or so ago tho.

Frankly from what I hear its just nitpicking

(minor spoiler)
Oct 7, 2014 6:50 AM

Dec 2012
Well that was pretty great, even though nothing particularly happened except near the end.

I guess this is going to be one of the other two anime, I will try to keep watching this season. 5/5
Oct 7, 2014 6:57 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

Frankly from what I hear its just nitpicking

(minor spoiler)
Well I complained to him that it has a bit too many panty shots and apparently (according to him) the anime added more fanservice.

Also

Anyway, if this disappoints I guess I'll just add the VN to my neverending back log read the VN.
Oct 7, 2014 7:11 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The beginning of demoralized me bad, then when it seemed to be the end, the story has had a surge in pathos, to entice me goosebumps.
Drawings and animations good, if you're a fan of the TV series Monogatari, you will recognize the Character Design.
Who knows, maybe this series will be another gem of this fall season 2014?
Great cliffhanger!
For now, my vote is 6/10!
Oct 7, 2014 7:38 AM

Sep 2010
Good Stuff.....
Oct 7, 2014 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
I can just feel it, I will love this series. ^^
Finally not a dumb MC in harem series.
Oct 7, 2014 9:07 AM
Feb 2014
I really like that they have used at least one static scene for next to every CG from the VN in the anime so far, that greatly raises the recognition value :P

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NiyawaOct 9, 2014 9:50 AM
Oct 7, 2014 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
At first sight I was like wtf is this? It is boring? That ending O_O What is going on, what is going to happen? :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

266 by HansDevX »»
May 11, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

amasj1414 - Dec 21, 2014

273 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 10, 2023 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.