Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 8, 2014 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
Chaika expression was priceless this episode lol...

http://screencast.com/t/zpIidHDjP
My Candies:
May 8, 2014 8:16 PM

Mar 2014
Multiple Chaikas? Mind fucking blown.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 8, 2014 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
If Frederica was with them, Red chaika and her team would lose.

Red Chaika has a nicer body, cute, and ample breast than white. If I were Tooru, I'd kept both Red and White Chaikas.

Lol at their form of torture for her. I hope that's not the last we see of Frederica....or was it Fredrica?

Anyway, good episode.
May 8, 2014 10:19 PM

Feb 2012
White Chaika is super cute while Red Chaika is sexy as fuck. Im loving this series more an more.
May 8, 2014 10:33 PM

Mar 2014
jumpingjunkie said:
dmrch said:
I didn't feel strange about that scene. Um, Gillette said that they are not evil persons, they are just pure. And Toru's words of Ep 2 implied not only "I want war again.", but also "I don't care whether the world would be plunged into war again or not. It is none of my business. Back off!" in raw context.

Even cosidering that, why does Gilette envy them for their lack of sympathy for the worlds population? Just for the straightforwardness? Is'nt he some kind of noble knight/hero?
Maybe Gilettes intentions are cleared in the future story.

Yeah, Gillette envies Toru for his pure straightforwardness in the raw context. Indeed, Gillette is described as the righteous person who want to carry out his duty. On the other hand, he doubts the justice of his mission that his boss organizations gave to him. Now he doubts at all whether if Chaika is dangerous for the world. And that scene showed that he is caught in a dilemma. He envies Toru, because Toru is acting along Toru's conviction with certainty. That scene connected to Nikolai's suggestion that Gillette may keep away his mission due to marry someone.

I don't know the detailed meaning of the term "villain". But, I think this story settings is not about the good and evil dualism. After the war, all persons have not gotten thier benefit from the peace. And the frustrations are fulfilled in the society. This series shows the adventure of the persons who are frustrated by the peace. (And I always think it isn't good that the sub "villain" is used from "tekiyaku", "akunin" and "akutou". Those are completely different concepts in the Japanese language.)
May 8, 2014 11:31 PM

Oct 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Can we keep this Chaika?

Orsonius said:
Red Chaika is fucking hot!

+1
"Burn the heretics"
May 9, 2014 1:43 AM
Oct 2011
what about that person who was giving details to chaika about the locations of the hero's? do you think he gives the other chaika's that information as well and also i wonder what motives he has...
May 9, 2014 1:53 AM

Jul 2012
Oh, another Chaika appears. This show is drawing me in more.

Both Chaika's are cute but white Chaika is cuter.

Next ep, more Frederica please :D
May 9, 2014 3:02 AM

May 2013
Ooooh Red Chaika is so cute. I wanna take her home!

Honestly, I thought that this episode was funny because of Akari. Defensive imouto.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 9, 2014 4:35 AM

Jan 2013
This series has the best action in this season, I'd say.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 9, 2014 5:30 AM

May 2007
Umm this episode sort of went by very quickly, it felt more like 10 minutes than 20. Multiple Chaikas with the same neck scars, I wonder if the Mad King cut off the head of all his daughters or clones of his dead daughter and put them on different headless female bodies that originally had a unique ability, like the White Chaika is a "magician sniper" and the red Chaika is a snake sword expert like SoulCal's Ivy. He could have done this because his power is immense even with just his remains and sort of supports the theory that he can resurrect himself if his remains are close to each other as well as being able to carry out such a feat. All I can say is that I'm interested in this world but I still haven't been swayed into thinking it's great.....it's just okay for now.
May 9, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
I'm smelling black to rainbow Chaikas in the near future.
May 9, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
DawnJ said:
This series has the best action in this season, I'd say.

I really like Bones' swordplay, Sword of the Stranger, FMB, Noragami and this, all of them had great choreography imo.

Toaki90 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Can we keep this Chaika?

Orsonius said:

+1

Would love to see more of her too. Oh, and since we've known from this ep that there's at least 5 currently alive Chaikas, maybe we'll see 2 more of them if "coffin princess" (the group that sing the ED) really are composed of Chaikas' VAs.

May 9, 2014 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
Red Chaika is hot.
Now, I'm getting excited to see the other Chaikas. :D
May 9, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
Chaika Red looks better, especially the eyebrow, and of course the inner dress :)
May 9, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
Another Chiaka ?!
I just noticed the romance tag there :O

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 9, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
There maybe even a blue, or red Chaika's out there. I'm excited to see them in the future.
May 9, 2014 9:42 AM
Oct 2010
EasyGo-er said:

Would love to see more of her too. Oh, and since we've known from this ep that there's at least 5 currently alive Chaikas, maybe we'll see 2 more of them if "coffin princess" (the group that sing the ED) really are composed of Chaikas' VAs.

There are three persons listed for the ED, one of them is the voice for White, another one for red and the last one have not showed up yet.
May 9, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2008
Iolo said:
Chaika expression was priceless this episode lol...

http://screencast.com/t/zpIidHDjP
SHOCKING TRUTH
May 9, 2014 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
this is the first episode I enjoyed alot, action was good and im kind of interested with whats going on with there being so many chaika's

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 9, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2009
i find it funny how fredrika wanted to fight in the beginning but when there was a real fight she nowhere to be seen.
May 9, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Will this have a 2nd Season or are they going to try to stuff this story into 12 episodes? If it does it's probably not going to get better, but consistently get worse....
May 9, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2012
It finally got interesting. I wonder what exactly "chaika" is.
May 9, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2013
Well now, when the cavalier group mentioned their organization had captured Chaika's in the past, I simply thought they were Emperor Gaz fanatics calling themselves her daughter but this "red" Chaika changes all of that.

I was dying when Toru and Akari were "torturing" "red" Chaika.
May 9, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
both sisters so cuteXD
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 9, 2014 5:17 PM

Dec 2011
The skills used to draw that awesome wanted poster must have been of top quality lol.

So I guess that just like the red dressed Chaika there are other Chaika's that travel around with companions in search of the remains.

I also got tortured since I was hungry T.T and Chaika Bohdan blushe awww

And how come red Chaika has bigger breasts than white Chaika? What kind of sorcery is at work here?

Next episode we'll get to see some action I guess.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 9, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
Wondered about Frederica, too. She was really great in the beginning. "Hey, what happend to killing?", and than that pose while in dragon form..

The problem with Chaikai s that we don't know if there ever was a "real" Chaika in the first place. They mentioned it in the last episode: Now one seems to know for sure that the ermperor had a daughter. It seems they only got that based on the Chaikas running around and collecting their father's remains. They could all be fake, with no connection whatssoever to the emporer.

Maybe some upstart wizard from some other country created them. Or they were created by the emporer, but not on purpose, he might not even have known, they just sprang into existence when he was killed because of the overflowing magic of his or whatever. No one knows her mother, or suspect anyone. It doesn't look like the emperor was much of a womanizer.

Actually, no one really seems to know how things were in Gaz. The only people who've ever seen it and who are still alive (some at least) seem to be the heroes. And maybe Chaika ofc. But what happend to the people living there? To the regular soldiers helping the heroes? Or did they go alone? One does not simply walk into Gaz style?
May 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
What. Da. Fuck. Total mindfuck.

So there is many Chaika? Didn't expected that. I have read a nice theory that Chaika is maybe dead in fact and that her soul (or whatever you want to call it) splited into different personnality of her or emotion toward what happened to her father. That could explain why there is many Chaika. But at the same time, I can't find a link with the first scene of the serie with the dragon(?) where he tell her (if that's the Chaika we have been following) that she's only part of a greater sheme...

I wonder if it mean something, that white Chaika fight with that wizard weapon and the red Chaika fight with a snake-sword.

Fredrika lack of... subtlety x)

Our sibling duo have such an hilarious way of torturing :P
Well, it's effective at least.

It also look like we have found a new Queen of Cockblock, right Akari? xD
Leonardo also seem pretty good at it ;)
I wish the best luck Vivi-tsun to get in Gillette pants.

Anyway, will I watch Chaika next week?
Chaika?
Yes, Chaika.
Chaika.
minouneetzoeMay 9, 2014 8:30 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 9, 2014 10:02 PM

Sep 2008
Orsonius said:

This x1000
May 9, 2014 11:15 PM

May 2012
I like the Red Chaika more than the white one. She is so hot
May 9, 2014 11:25 PM

Sep 2011
J1nx said:
Will this have a 2nd Season or are they going to try to stuff this story into 12 episodes? If it does it's probably not going to get better, but consistently get worse....
no one knows, safe to bet this will be strictly 12 episodes only. More than likely this series will have no conclusion

though ill be honest, id be kind of pissed if this got a 2nd cour or a 2nd season and noragami didnt

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 9, 2014 11:43 PM

Jul 2013
gregthemaniac said:
EasyGo-er said:

There are three persons listed for the ED, one of them is the voice for White, another one for red and the last one have not showed up yet.

Oh, I'm sorry, miscounted the one who did the OP too :p
More Chaika is always welcomed :3

May 10, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2013
Alright,plot thickens.
More Chaika,as if one wasnt already enough cute.
May 10, 2014 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
so many chaika so many chaika

the red chaika is hot
May 10, 2014 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
Where did Fredrica disappear to? We get into a battle... and she's not there?...

Red- Chaika- oufit- sexy.

Poor Vivi. She's not getting anywhere with that love interest.
May 10, 2014 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
*Calling 10 year olds hot*

oh my
May 10, 2014 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
destructo22 said:
*Calling 10 year olds hot*

oh my
Chaika's 14, so I assume Red Chaika is the same.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
May 11, 2014 5:18 AM

Aug 2008
*calling 14 year olds hot*

oh my
May 11, 2014 5:43 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

An interesting episode, with a twist unexpected, but in retrospect that could be there, seen that previously had already assumed the presence of a possible impostor Chaika. Now the protagonist are two, it is not so bad, funny I guess.
Drawings not great in all situations, but they are not even bad.
Animations good, not bad combat, the group Bogdan is tough enough.
For now, the series is not bad, I thought it could not get enough momentum, but seeing how the story's going, I'm pretty satisfied.
May 11, 2014 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
Well, I'm technically a minor so if I say someone is hot, then they're hot.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
May 11, 2014 6:05 AM

Jan 2013
People in the past married before 15, so whatever.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 11, 2014 5:40 PM

Apr 2013
I got a lot of laughs out of this episode :D

May 12, 2014 12:41 AM

Apr 2013
The more "Chaika" the better.
May 12, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
Woah Red Chaika is hot! So all these different Chaika's have different goals and personalities.

This still has some of the best fight scenes we've had in a while, really loving it with the fluid animation.
Akari, hilarious as always. Still best girl <3
AozureMay 12, 2014 3:51 AM
May 12, 2014 6:57 AM

Jul 2008
Another great episode, we are given more to think which is interesting :) So there are more than 1 Chaika and I'm guessing each with their own weapon, priority and personality :) Fredrica would have been handy in the later battle :D

The neck scars on both Chaika led me to assume that the real Chaika could have already been dead for years now (by cutting off head) as during the first episode, the magician was shocked to see her alive. If thats the case, then the memory of Chaika being killed was taken out of all the Chaikas as well and the only clue they have is the death mark on their necks.
ShanaFlameMay 12, 2014 7:02 AM
May 13, 2014 3:42 PM

Feb 2011
Orsonius said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
May 13, 2014 8:04 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder what happened to Fredrika. I thought she got crushed inside the vehicle by the large debris.
May 14, 2014 1:13 AM

May 2010
Fredericka made things a bit more interesting. Snake blades are pretty damn awesome! Akari has epic naming sense.

Maybe, all the Chaika's are a part of one person, and hence, they have amnesia and are not able to speak properly. Each part represents a different trait of a personality. Maybe, they all will combine near the end to face whatever is the final boss. Then, we will have an epic Chaika who is invincible at anything.

Red Chaika is really hot btw. But seriously white Chaika has her cuteness so it sort of cancels out the hotness - Means, both are nice on their own.
May 14, 2014 1:15 AM

Jan 2011
Chaikas. Multiples. Obvious.
May 14, 2014 9:58 AM

Jun 2011
The combination of Frederica's personality and a dragon body is disgusting. "Let's kill 'em all".

At this point it's pretty obvious imouto has some feelings for onii-sama.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

305 by MahiruShiina »»
Jul 3, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

100 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

224 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.