Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap, Akari is beginning to feel the burden of this mission now but seriously, a story of "Forbidden Love"? LOL. That new girl is kinda interesting though and I like her weapon of choice.

The action was okay I guess, could work a bit with the movements though. The dragon was awesome seeing its true form.
Stark700Apr 30, 2014 11:22 AM
Apr 30, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
Ahahaha, AKARI LOL XD How could you come up with that forbidden love story? And that "roaring....roaring...." also got me lol, again. (It's subbed roaring, but I think it sounded liked 'pera pera', or somethin')

And also, "Precious person...... precious person........" Whoa lil sister, seems that your brain's fucked.

Another great episode imo. :D
BadabumBadabicchMay 3, 2014 6:33 PM
Apr 30, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2010
So as expected, Akari and Toru aren't connected by blood. I wonder why she cares about him so much. Something important must have happened in the past.

Lol'd so much at Akari's fake story about Wincest XD And so serious too hahaha
Chaika believing was lol.

All dem statues and even a 3D projection XD There gotta be a limit to liking urself XD Or so I thought, but it was just a poor lonely dragon.

Nice bath scene. Been a while since I've seen one not meant for fan service. Chaika looked nice with wet hair :3 Her head was decapitated before O_o??? No wonder that hero was surprised she died before.

Akari jelly of Chaika? XD repeating "Precious person" while facing the wall XD and asking if he like DFC XD

Chaika asking if that was a confession was cute :3

Loved the fight. Good stuff Bones.

I just don't get why she had to change into a loli *Face palm* XD
Well Fredrica was cute and since she seems to be able to transform into any animal including a dragon she'll be a nice addition to their forces.
Barion-ZaraApr 30, 2014 1:34 PM
Apr 30, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
So the cat was also the dragon? Hmm..

It was an ok episode. The dragon and fighting scenes were pretty decent. So another member has joined the part? I'm hoping by the end of this it won't be filled with butt loads of new female members and become a harem..
Apr 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Mar 2014
Damn this setup and the teaser with Chaika's scar from being beheaded.
Awesome work with nice action,intresting characters,good chemistry and a potentially awesome plot development.
Simple so far,but amazing.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 30, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
ihusmal1234 said:
So the cat was also the dragon? Hmm..

It was an ok episode. The dragon and fighting scenes were pretty decent. So another member has joined the part? I'm hoping by the end of this it won't be filled with butt loads of new female members and become a harem..

lol, it might be, i wont mind. I'm loving thee series a lot right now, its underrated.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 30, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2012
This is my dark horse pick for most underrated of the season so far, I'm really enjoying the style Bones brings, especially in the fights. Poor Akari lol. The cat was obvious, but the reveal of Dominica's death was still engaging. I like Frederica already, but I also kinda hope she's the last addition to the group.

So it's safe to assume Chaika really did "die", with the noose markings(or otherwise) around her neck that she always keeps covered. Interested to see where that part of the story will go.
Apr 30, 2014 12:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I preferred the Dragoon (Fredrica?) as a grown woman, but the otaku love their loli's, so I suppose it was to be expected that she'd travel in that form.

I love Akari. Her story of forbidden love was hilarious as was her reaction to Totu calling Chaika someone "precious to him". Best imouto character in a long time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2014 12:28 PM

Mar 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
This is my dark horse pick for most underrated of the season so far, I'm really enjoying the style Bones brings, especially in the fights. Poor Akari lol. The cat was obvious, but the reveal of Dominica's death was still engaging. I like Frederica already, but I also kinda hope she's the last addition to the group.

So it's safe to assume Chaika really did "die", with the noose markings(or otherwise) around her neck that she always keeps covered. Interested to see where that part of the story will go.

Yeah man it is defiantly the underrated gem of this season. i just dont understand why the rating are steadily dropping if anything they should be rising. its not fair

Ok Akari is defiantly not the usual type of girl that story of the whole incest thing was totally unexpected. what was even more shocking is that there were no exaggerated defence from the guy or from anybody else for that matter.

I really hope the rating go up for this. i would rate it but i prefer to wait until the whole show starts.

but for now it is definatly 8 to 8.5 i just hope it gains more support
Apr 30, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
I swear these moe character have the iq of a 5 year old. she can't even speak properly. there isn't even an explanation for why she talks like that...prob just because she's too retarded. fell on her head as a kid or something.
this series would be decent if chaika was older and knew how to fking talk

*sigh*
Apr 30, 2014 12:32 PM

Dec 2013
Like I think, good episode, but nithing more. I wait for more.
Apr 30, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2010
TheNaturalPerm said:
I swear these moe character have the iq of a 5 year old. she can't even speak properly. there isn't even an explanation for why she talks like that...prob just because she's too retarded. fell on her head as a kid or something.
this series would be decent if chaika was older and knew how to talk

*sigh*

Did you miss the part where she's from a foreign country? She's not stupid she's trying to be bilingual. She knows enough of their language to function but not enough to make completely grammatical sentences. It's stranger to believe that a person who studied a language for a year or two to have unbroken speech patterns. It's more realistic this way for the world they have constructed.
Apr 30, 2014 12:44 PM

May 2011
Marzan said:
I preferred the Dragoon (Fredrica?) as a grown woman, but the otaku love their loli's, so I suppose it was to be expected that she'd travel in that form.

I love Akari. Her story of forbidden love was hilarious as was her reaction to Totu calling Chaika someone "precious to him". Best imouto character in a long time.

Same here. But maybe another adult form. I can understand her not maintaining a dead person's persona forever. It's sad that Dominica is gone though. I would have liked her if she was still alive and been a stronger part of the story. However, there's too many obnoxious loli's this season,(Chaika is not obnoxious i meant other series) I just hope Fredrika has some personality of her own and isn't completely generic.

At first, i thought the whole forbidden love thing was another one of Akari's troll jokes. But after the "precious to me" incident and Akari's reaction it made me start to think that maybe she truly does love her brother. From the dialogue i gathered that they not blood related but they grew up together, which would mean one of them is adopted. Maybe she does love him. It would explain why she puts up with the dope.

I really enjoy this show. the pacing has been great and the story is well laid out so far. I enjoy most of the characters too. It's sort of my sleeper of the season.
Apr 30, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
cyclone1993 said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

*sigh*

Did you miss the part where she's from a foreign country? She's not stupid she's trying to be bilingual. She knows enough of their language to function but not enough to make completely grammatical sentences. It's stranger to believe that a person who studied a language for a year or two to have unbroken speech patterns. It's more realistic this way for the world they have constructed.

+that speech is what makes her so adorable
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 30, 2014 12:46 PM
Jan 2013
Marzan said:

I agree with you :P for me Chaika should be enough as moe char and party mascot, if they added Dominica team would be more varied, also she was very cool char. As for now we have more than enough lolis as we have Chaika and this Gilette guy has two already ;p

I have question I have read on series wiki that this story is part of one expanded universe made of many novels and manga is that true? This would make things more interesting also this typical for most of the japanese novel.
Apr 30, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
a_cloud said:
cyclone1993 said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

*sigh*

+that speech is what makes her so adorable

+ the fact that she may very well be some sort of corpse demon raised by magic.
Apr 30, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2014
Nice episode. Akari made me laugh when she was lying on the floor muttering "someone precious"

Toru's building himself quite a nice harem
Apr 30, 2014 1:20 PM
Feb 2013
Frederika is Kawaii.
Apr 30, 2014 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Akari and Toru aren't related by blood, that's sound good.

Lol at Akari's fake story of "Forbidden Love."
Apr 30, 2014 1:29 PM

Mar 2014
AlexTheRiot said:

+ the fact that she may very well be some sort of corpse demon raised by magic.

It has already been said that there have been killed about 8( i think) Chaika's.Meaning she is something like a clone probably,created by the ressurected Chaika or her remains. It has been referred she was killed by those lords that took her "father's" parts ( so she was an actual person, dunno if she was his real daughter though). Which leaves her being probably ressurected and mass produced.

Anyway my point is her speech doesnt have anything to do with her even being a zombie or smth.
Apr 30, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
That fight was decent, I thought the Cat was some kind of familiar. Akari is gettin' jelly. What's with this season of anime and brother x sister teams/incestuous themes? Not a bad thing, but it's rather uncanny how common it is this season.

Why did she transform into a loli and back into a cat? Again, I'm not complaining, but I just wanna know why.

4/5
NotchrishansenApr 30, 2014 1:37 PM
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Apr 30, 2014 1:55 PM

Feb 2014
I think this show is really underrated, I am really enjoying it so far and I am wondering about the lack of hype for it.
I have to ask though, we've reached the 4th episode but I still haven't understood the point of Toru and Akari's hair turning red (except for looking cool) .. ok yes it grants them some sort of power or strength or whatever, but I've been waiting since the beginning for them to explain exactly what does that "Red mode" give them and they haven't explained anything so I was just wondering ..
it does make them look super badass though, I like that !

I am touched by the dragoon's (Fredricka?) story and I am looking forward for the extra companion, I just hope she doesn't stay in Chaika's form all the time. I like her more in Dominica's form.
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Apr 30, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
A great episode as usual but ugh...from a cool knight to your usual kawaii loli. Just...why?(don't answer that,we all know why).

Barion-Zara said:

Loved the fight. Good stuff Bones.

Well Fredrica was cute and since she seems to be able to transform into any animal including a dragon she'll be a nice addition to their forces.

I'm loving the fight scenes a lot too,that's why I'm actually a bit worried now that they now have a powerful magic creature traveling with them. One thing's for sure with this show: our 3 mains aren't all that powerful or anything,just very skilled at what they do(Toru & Akari in particular). Their opponents usually seem stronger than them,hence why Toru,Akari & Chaika HAVE to work together and use whatever tricks & tactics they can to succeed,which makes for some very entertaining fights. As such,it also feels much more rewarding when they manage to defeat their foes since it's through their own skill,wit,experience & teamwork - no BS power-ups coming out of nowhere so far. I just hope that won't be lost with the addition of Fredrica,assuming she'll hang around that is.

But eh,I'm probably worrying too much for no reason. Maybe she'll be there mainly for comic relief.

And yea,this show does seem underrated.
Apr 30, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2009
1. Well, this ep was quite predictable. Defeat dominica & get the stuff… kinda boring the way it was told.

2. Another loli joins the group… nothing too exciting… meh.

4/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 30, 2014 2:23 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akari is totally my favorite female lead from this series!
Love how casually she says such ridiculous things. XD
To think that Dominica actually believed that 'forbidden love' stuff.. XD

Seems like the saboteurs are really dedicated to their masters.
Toru is one cool-blooded saboteur; didn't even flinch a bit facing Dominica's blade so suddenly!

Akari sulking about Toru regarding Chaika as "someone precious" was quite funny. XD
-- "Figure.. Yet another body you're chasing?" XD
Even Chaika got the the wrong idea of Toru confessing his love to her. XD

Toru & Akari vs "Dominica" was pretty good. Chaika's magic strikes and reveals the true form of it.
Still, the dragoon was defeated too easily..

"Dominica" become Fredrica, a little girl/cat/dragoon who's new goal is to 'kill' Toru. XD

Nice episode! The battle was decent but a bit short. Still awesome. :)

Apr 30, 2014 2:53 PM

Jan 2014
Akari and Toru are not related by blood, hmmmmm that's interesting to know.
I just love Chaika to death, at this point I'm just watching it for her <3
Apr 30, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
Lol that forbidden love story akari told is probably something she would want. She seems to bee crushing on her brother who is thankfully not blood related so she actually has a chance with him. I'm hoping they will explain what their red powers are soon.
Apr 30, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2012
Immediately knew the cat was the dragon.
Apr 30, 2014 3:51 PM

Feb 2014
Haha this episode was hilarious especially when Akari was on the floor muttering 'someone special' I was hoping there would be more action. But great episode.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Apr 30, 2014 3:54 PM

Dec 2010
This show always makes me smile! Akari's story was completely ridiculous and Dominica/Fredrica just went along with it. Plus we finally got the whole not siblings thing explained, I was wondering when that would be put in here. Akari's reaction to Toru's declaration at dinner was funny as well.

The back story of Fredrica was actually pretty sad, sort of like a pet after her owner has died. Also loli dragon is best dragon. I'm glad she's joining them, should be interesting to see how she interacts with them throughout the series.

If there are 8 parts of her father, then they broke them apart pretty weirdly... I wonder what their next goal is?

Chaika is as always adorable, and I ended up screenshotting 33 pics AGAIN this week.
Apr 30, 2014 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
Dragonssss Oooo
Apr 30, 2014 4:00 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode overall, enjoy this more than i think i'm going to each week.

Toru's hair still annoys me though.
Apr 30, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
I'm liking this series more and more with each episode. It's a little annoying that added another loli, but I guess that have to compete with Black Bullet's every character has their own personal loli somehow.

This is series is underrated, it's got the potential to be one of the better anime of the season if it keeps up like it's going.

So, moving on, Chaika's been hung or decapitated, eh? Didn't see that coming, I was expecting something but that wasn't it.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 30, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
Lolol Akari's story of "forbidden love"
LauraBirdie said:
Akari made me laugh when she was lying on the floor muttering "someone precious"
This LOL.
The dragon looked awesome.
Had a feeling Fredrika was also the cat.
Not surprised that Fredrika has joined them.
Apr 30, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2010
Was that Akari's fantasy in a sense? xD So no blood relation.
Akari's reaction when Toru used "someone precious"!
Kinda surprised about getting a new character for the journey!
I failed to connect the dot for the cat being the dragoon.

Good episode, but only 12 episodes to get the body pieces!
Of course Fredrica had to be a loli... well anyhow, new character = more fun.
Apr 30, 2014 4:13 PM
Mar 2014
well that was unexpected at the end and the truth about dominica
and i think akari might have a thing for toru
Apr 30, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2010
That was completely satisfying. Also, I shall continue to hold off from making any true commentary until the end of the series, or perhaps some point in the future when I find a translation for the LNs.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2013
All that horse shit coming out of the sister's mouth and she bought it XD

A bit full of herself :P

At least she has a cat.

"Someone precious..." Lol

"Love... confession?" Derp

Nice fight, but what?! So the Dragoon decided to become a loli :P

Slowly, but surely our guy Toru is a getting a harem. Fredrica is going to be a welcome and powerful adition :D

Cirris said:

At first, i thought the whole forbidden love thing was another one of Akari's troll jokes. But after the "precious to me" incident and Akari's reaction it made me start to think that maybe she truly does love her brother. From the dialogue i gathered that they not blood related but they grew up together, which would mean one of them is adopted. Maybe she does love him. It would explain why she puts up with the dope.

I really enjoy this show. the pacing has been great and the story is well laid out so far. I enjoy most of the characters too. It's sort of my sleeper of the season.

I agree, but my guess is that they were in an orphanage situation except it was an orphanage used to train the kids as Sabatours.
Apr 30, 2014 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
So got a bit of information out of this one. Turns out the siblings aren't related at all! I'm still curious about this Iron Blood Transformation, what does it exactly do? Just enhance their physical capabilities?

Interesting bit with the Dragoon and its past and I guess its preferred form is that of a loli!

Gained another peace, they didn't exactly say where they're heading next, but I can only guess that we're in for another meeting with Guy soon.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 30, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah, this moved up my list of priorities this season for me ever since Black Bullet fucked up. No Game No Life is up there too, but everyone's watching that one, so it doesn't count.
TheNaturalPerm said:
this series would be decent if chaika was older and knew how to fking talk

*sigh*

Everyone got over it about 2-3 episodes ago. Ignore it and I guarantee you'll stop sighing.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 30, 2014 5:54 PM

Jun 2012
I had a feeling she was that damn cat.
Apr 30, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2011
Too bad Dominica died. She would have been an interesting character and worth being in their party, but loli turning dragoon girl is a great addition.

I see a scar on Chaika's neck as well. I believed she was beheaded but then revived by someone.
MagitoApr 30, 2014 7:39 PM
Apr 30, 2014 6:34 PM

Mar 2014
The only problem I have with this anime is Toru's long ass chant for the transformation. He could get killed while doing that.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
Apr 30, 2014 6:34 PM

May 2013
great action like usual, and I wonder why this show isn't that popular, is it the eyebrows that turn people off? XD
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Apr 30, 2014 6:50 PM

Oct 2011
Loli Dragoon joins them : 0

Remains acquired
Apr 30, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
The dragoon was amazing I love it.

Great episode!!!
Apr 30, 2014 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
Aggron said:
All that horse shit coming out of the sister's mouth and she bought it XD

A bit full of herself :P

At least she has a cat.

"Someone precious..." Lol

Nice fight, but what?! So the Dragoon decided to become a loli :P

Slowly, but surely our guy Toru is a getting a harem. Fredrica is going to be a welcome and powerful adition :D

Cirris said:

I agree, but my guess is that they were in an orphanage situation except it was an orphanage used to train the kids as Sabatours.

Well, that orphanage is a school that train kids into sabatours and teach them about Red Iron Transformation, the name is Acura School, that why Toru and Akari have surname Acura
Apr 30, 2014 7:55 PM

Feb 2014
I'm surprised this isn't more popular with another amazing episode like always. And with the addition of the loli/cat/dragon Fredrica I can quickly seeing this become a harem, and with that said, I'm putting my lot in with Chaika.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Apr 30, 2014 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode~! D:
Did not expect Dominca to actually become the real Dragoon herself! xD Well, it was weird since she didn't react to seeing Chaika, but I didn't notice that. x3

So, it looks like....her real identity is....Fredrica? x3 Pretty cute actually....and she looks like a shape shifter as well? o-o

Cool episode~! x3
Apr 30, 2014 8:10 PM

Jun 2012
Aggron said:

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.