Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 14, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this Chaika situation is getting weird now. Well, the Red Chaika is still with Tooru and the others..

The second exchange was less hostile though. Still, I'm glad Chaika is back. The fight was okay I guess near the end. I got a feeling they will meet again though in the future.
May 14, 2014 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was very exciting! I loved a lot.

P.S. According to a caption in the JP language, the second season of Chaika will start from this October.
May 14, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
dmrch said:

P.S. According to a caption in the JP language, the second season of Chaika will start from this October.

Yeah, the second season was announced and confirmed for fall.
May 14, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
Not as good as the episodes before imo. The chaika trade is really weird.
BadabumBadabicchMay 15, 2014 12:41 PM
May 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
I'm loving the fighting scenes. Even though it's not the most exciting ones, it's definitely some of the few where they use every single party member in a fight effectively. Well maybe not the cat, but still.

Nothing too big plot wise. Didn't get any big reveals but a rivalry forms at the end :D Hopefully we'll get more diverse Chaikas in the future.
May 14, 2014 11:33 AM
Apr 2014
ihusmal1234 said:
I'm loving the fighting scenes. Even though it's not the most exciting ones, it's definitely some of the few where they use every single party member in a fight effectively. Well maybe not the cat, but still.

Nothing too big plot wise. Didn't get any big reveals but a rivalry forms at the end :D Hopefully we'll get more diverse Chaikas in the future.

The cat is best troll :3...or should I say best Dragoon XD Doing as a cat pleases, which is sit in the sun and chase things that don't really matter XD
May 14, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep :D

Loved the action quite a lot. Toru really is BA! Loving this guy :) His conflict this ep was pretty nicely done. Red Chaika would've definitely been better for him and she's hotter too :P...But he chose not to betray his first master. Good stuff.

Red Chaika wants him bad right now XD Tbh she is more interesting imo :3

Nxt ep pv seems weird?! Chaika leaving with the knights? Well let's see how it goes.

Nice to see there will be a S2 ^^
May 14, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2013
The other Chaika has grown fond of Tooru, but glad to see the old Chaika back with the group.

dmrch said:

That's good news!
May 14, 2014 11:58 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Chaika trading is interrupted by an ambush..
Bohdan fighting alongside Toru and Akari was awesome!

Kliemann Organization is to postpone the Chaika matter and resolve farming disputes by the order of the Council of the Six Nations..
Poor Gillette Squad. Haha

Bohdan offers Toru to be his new master.
Seems like she has take a liking to him his battle skills.

Nice diversion tactics using Frederica as Akari.
Her pose when saying Toru is hiding his shyness. XD

Second round of Team White vs. Team Red begins.
The battle ended rather quickly. Nonetheless, it was pretty good!

Good episode. I wonder if there'll be even more Chaikas..

Next episode: "The Valley of No Return"

May 14, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
A season2 of chaika airing with log horizon 2... Oh jesus fall is going to be a beast.

This episode was interesting. Both chaika are "fond" of him and he chooses to stick with white chaika. I really can't wait for the next episode. The action is also pretty amazing. This is actually shaping up to be in my top 5 for the season.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 14, 2014 12:01 PM
Jan 2014
The action was awesome in this episode, some character developement too.
Lol, David picked up Chaika Trabant like she was a Gundo or something.
Hmm, so Frederica was just sitting next to the vehicle all along.
I guess its useful to change into anything you desire.
Tooru and Akari took good countermeasures in both of the exchanges.
Looking forward to more Chaikas and especially Season 2, so glad this anime got one.
It is one of my favourites this season.
I still can't decide which Chaika to like more, Trabant or Bohdan, they both have their pros and cons.
Oh well, doesn't hurt to like both equally.
Judging by the PV of the next episode, Chaika was sitting with what appears to be Gillette on a horse and she was happy ? O_O
May 14, 2014 12:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Will never get over the awesome action scenes :) The fights are always so exciting to watch. I'm glad to hear that it's getting a second season! So many split cours recently, unless it's always been a trend? Hmm, next episode seems to be interesting with some Gillette and Chaika interaction.
May 14, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
Descent episode but not much progress. 3/5

Red Chaika was good as a hostage, someone cuff her again pls.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 14, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Oh yeah Chaika has not disappointed me yet and with a second series airing in October just made this even more awesome.

LOL looks like red chaika took a licking to him i wonder if it would be a recurring theme for all future chaikas yet to appear.

Defiantly in my top 4 for this season lol

p.s i am so glad the dragoon actually got screen time now cause last week epiosde shes just appears for what 2 minutes and than poof
May 14, 2014 12:22 PM
Mar 2014
good episode,
What at that preview?? Shes with that one dude on a horse
May 14, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
The chiakas are starting to grow on me

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 14, 2014 12:35 PM
Feb 2013
What's this, the white Chaika wants to bury her father's remains, while the red one wants to restore the Gaz Empire?
RazorRamona200May 14, 2014 12:47 PM
May 14, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
Sweet episode :D

I'm enjoying this more and more each episode.
May 14, 2014 1:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I expected something else than bright lights when White Chaika brought forth "THE FLASHER!"

This series is really excelling with the combat scenes. Each combatant uses his talents in a different and creative way, no one is too OP and the choreography's are brilliant. I'm expecting other Chaika's to show with different skills and weapons. It should be interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode! Their situation has gotten a lot more intense now. The fight scene at the end was cool, Bohdan's sword looks, and works really nice.

Also, with the announcement of a second cour, we can get even more Chaikas in on the action! Soon we will have the Chaika Rangers!
May 14, 2014 1:28 PM

Feb 2012
billybob300c said:
The chiakas are starting to grow on me

6/10
I feel the same.

Good episode I really enjoy the fight scenes they are well done.
May 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2011
Love the battles, especially with those cockatrices. I was surprised that nothing turned to stone.

2nd season is also confirmed! Hell yeah.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2014
I like the red Chaika, but the original is the best <3. Love how both of them speak, its cute :P
May 14, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2014
Bones know how to action! It was so well done. I am enjoying this a lot and we get even more Chaika action later this year... awesome
May 14, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
I want a Chaika RPG! :D

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 14, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2010
Red Chaika vs White Chaika is one of the few instances where I find the girl with the shorter hair more attractive, I don't really know why though, lol. Good episode though.
May 14, 2014 2:39 PM
Jan 2013
linchpin said:
I want a Chaika RPG! :D
for me this anime alread looks like another title for Tales series. They shd change name to Tales of Chaika ;D

I wonder if both team would eventually join forces or Chaika would join forces with Gilette team(this is more likely). This would make party bigger. If the second were to happen Red Chaika has potential of being the main antagonist.
May 14, 2014 2:44 PM

May 2013
why not just let dragoon transform and wreck everyone else?
May 14, 2014 2:47 PM
Mar 2014
xin09 said:

yeah i dont know where she goes every time a battle starts.
May 14, 2014 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
I love the fights in this episode o.o

May 14, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2011
xin09 said:

I'm wondering if Frederica needs lots of fuel to generate her spells. And that her long absences are just her hunting for meals. She only seems to exert energy when it's really necessary. Maybe that's why she travels in cat form; the smaller she is, the less energy she needs to maintain her forms.

BTW, Red Chaika getting a thing for Toru is amusing but somewhat cliched. Stockholm syndrome set in quickly for her. She must have enjoyed being tied up, undressed, and tormented with food. She's acting like a total masochist.
May 14, 2014 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, plenty of action.
I'm liking how the story is progressing and pretty straightforward.
May 14, 2014 3:57 PM
Nov 2013
I'm going to be completely honest, I have no idea what I think about this show yet. Usually I have an opinion (usually a bad one to boot), but in this case, I don't know yet. It's fun to watch, but at the moment, not much else.
May 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
For a second there, I was like "Akari doing that pose"?!? xD
Nice to see Toru picking the Chaika he saw first and seeing the importance in her.
Fighting scenes were pretty good, liked how Akari almost managed to hit the sniper.
The red Chaika's group is pretty aggressive for the body parts, we will be able to see the more.
Another season would be nice, they can continue with this pace then ^^
May 14, 2014 4:03 PM
Apr 2014
Madara31 said:
Red Chaika vs White Chaika is one of the few instances where I find the girl with the shorter hair more attractive, I don't really know why though, lol. Good episode though.

My guess is the figure. Red Chaika seems a little better.... developed.

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly the different Chaikas relate to one another, whether the kid's theory of half-sisters is right or if they're some kind of necromancy thing relating to the lines on their necks.

EDIT: the funny thing, is that there's nothing contradictory between the two Chaika's goals. White Chaika could easily give her father a funeral and vanish into obscurity, while Red Chaika moves on to attempt to conquer the world (assuming, of course, that assembling the remains doesn't cause them to resurrect, it's suspicious how all the Chaika's want to assemble the remains.)
lukkassuMay 14, 2014 4:07 PM
May 14, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode, finally they got the good old Chaika back, the fight scenes were good as usual. From the shows I watch this season Chaika is my second favorite. Nice and smooth action, likeable characters and it has nothing to do with highschool. What I still miss half-way in is some world building. I mean we still know nothing about the magic system and how it works or what the hell this Iron-Blood transformation is, even though I'd really like to. But overall it's still a fun show and I seriously, seriously, seriously hope it stays good, I want to see a nice ending for this first season.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 14, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2007
Yeah, when I saw the news of a 2nd season on MAL, I was like really but to be honest....we really don't know much about this series yet despite getting to the halfway point of season 1 but after watching episode 06, I'll be looking forward to it because the story so far seems promising, I'm just wondering how much of the light novels have been already adapted so far in this anime.

It would be nice if the 2nd season is able to actually finish the story, maybe that's why it's split into 2 different season, so that the author of the LNs can finish the story before then.
May 14, 2014 4:59 PM

Oct 2013
Decent episode with it's action. Really liked Toru's explanation why he picked to serve for shiro Chaika instead, though still woulda liked to see some actions with the akai one working together.
May 14, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Red Chaika wanted Toru.

Good thing, Toru chose to not to betray white Chaika.
May 14, 2014 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
Red Chaika's snake sword > White Chaika's rifle ~.~

decent episode with some nice action

May 14, 2014 5:31 PM

Jun 2013
Yay reunited! :D I much prefer White Chaika mmhmm glad this is getting a second season
May 14, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2011
lucidbrandon said:
glad this is getting a second season

+1

Anyway, I prefer the red Chaika.
May 14, 2014 6:55 PM
Oct 2012
ainky said:
Anyway, I prefer the red Chaika.

Why choose, you can have BOTH!!!!

This show isn't great, it isn't fantastic, I wouldn't go out of my way to point to it as a great animation that one has to see, that said, what it actually is would be a perfectly enjoyable show. I spend 20 minutes watching it and I am glad that I did.

Oh, anyone else notice that a certain Dragoon knows a bit more than she is letting on?
May 14, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
Some very nice fights.
Wooo 2nd season! Hell yeah.
Red Chaika has taken a liking to him huh.
Maybe.. they could've joined forces if only the Red Chaika didn't say that having two Chaikas was unnecessary.
I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of that group in the future.
Can't wait to see the other Chaikas and what they are capable of.
May 14, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
another nice episode i like you red Chaika but why you gotta be a jerk i just wanted Toru to continue his Chaika harem :(

happy days about S2,still guess it's a bit to early to get another tease of other chaika's
May 14, 2014 7:16 PM

Feb 2014
Yay everyone gets reunited.
So theory time on mutiple Chiakas: Original was killed and her head taken off, in turn they somehow cloned it and then reattached it to different bodies and each different Chiaka has its own personality. Maybe one Chaika for each body part and when the final Chaika brings all those together she gets all her memories and personalities back.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 14, 2014 7:19 PM

Apr 2011
zperson5 said:
Yay everyone gets reunited.
So theory time on mutiple Chiakas: Original was killed and her head taken off, in turn they somehow cloned it and then reattached it to different bodies and each different Chiaka has its own personality. Maybe one Chaika for each body part and when the final Chaika brings all those together she gets all her memories and personalities back.

that's... disgusting.
May 14, 2014 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
Red Chaika has the feelings for Tooru~!
Oh~~~ x3

Anyways, cool episode this week~! Lots of action scenes....that seemed so awesome~!
Flying Cockatrices, the fight between the Red Chaika's friends, woo-hoo!
Nice episode. :3

Next one...looks interesting.... :P
May 14, 2014 8:39 PM

Sep 2013
The dragon needs to start helping more just incase Tooru gets killed ;)

There can only be one! If I had to pick, White Chaika all the way. Other note, Gotta catch'em all ..chaika-mon...

May 14, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2013
Its not surprising that Red Chaika got attracted to Toru and offered him to become her employer. Its like Toru will have harem with several Chaikas. Nope nope nope.

The action scenes was decent and Frederica had screen times more than Akari, I guess?

But also, SECOND SEASON IN OCTOBER. YAAAYYYYY!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.