Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2013 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The power of science~

Seems like someone is interested in Samurai Flamenco. Not bad for this episode imo. Shit got real this episode with the police involved. Damn, I wasn't expecting this. Don't mess with a monkey.

Pretty epic.
Nov 21, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
Are we saying there is actually an evil organization out there?? Or it is just some filming going on?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 21, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
All kinds of confused right now

I had a feeling the show would go darker eventually but what was up with the sudden traditional comic book villains in a setting that has been previously very grounded? Seeing a guillotine gorilla that commits suicide by explosion is a first for me though so props for the creativity : P

HybridMBLNov 21, 2013 11:08 AM
Nov 21, 2013 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
What the heck happened during the last 5 minutes?
Nov 21, 2013 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
wtf did just happen

i was just telling my people how i admire the lovely realism that was Masayoshi's and Goto's talk.....and then some friggin guillotine gorilla shit happens,i can't.......lmao (i hope they were just filming something)

anyway,today i learned "robber" in Japanese is "goto"...foreshadowing?maybeee
Nov 21, 2013 11:33 AM
Sep 2012
I certainly wasn't expecting the drug raid to go like that.
Nov 21, 2013 11:36 AM
Aug 2011
The hell was thattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?!

I most definitely did NOT see a Guillotine Gorilla coming into the mix.
Nov 21, 2013 11:37 AM

Oct 2012
What?
Why?
How the story going to turn out now?
Nov 21, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2013
shymel said:
I certainly wasn't expecting the drug raid to go like that.

Me too. That ending was crazy. I honestly thought that they were like shooting a scene for a movie.
Nov 21, 2013 11:44 AM

Jul 2010
One minute fun and games, next heads getting chopped off.

Good Lord. Crazy shit
Nov 21, 2013 11:49 AM
Jan 2012
What the hell? This was entirely out of tone and misplaced in the show. Before now it's been moderately grounded in reality

If this isn't a dream/TV show/PR stunt or what ever next week then I'm dropping this so hard.
Nov 21, 2013 11:51 AM
May 2012
mind = blown,...
Nov 21, 2013 11:52 AM

Jan 2012
Those last 5 min. It has been a long time since someone pulled a stunt like this lol. Awesome episode.

Nov 21, 2013 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT!!! Totally went supernatural there O_O XD And in a few seconds no less XD

Also Dat gore!! Totally didn't see that coming. Heads flying and all the blood.

An evil organization. And his parents were murdered too. Shit really got real here.

And I like it :D...I was wondering how they're gonna fill up 15 eps with the way this ep was going at the start and now I know XD

Well, I can see lots of people complaining though. Since this anime lost one of its characteristics 'realism'.

I don't mind though. I had a feeling deep inside that it will happen sooner or later. Didn't expect it to be that sudden though XD

I can't imagine being a troll and being a movie filming in the end lol XD
Barion-ZaraNov 21, 2013 11:59 AM
Nov 21, 2013 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
My guess is they are filming the episode they were talking about before. Either that or the series just went crazy all of a sudden lol.
Nov 21, 2013 12:02 PM

Dec 2009

Holy

Shit

(possibly related to the show recording, but...)
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 21, 2013 12:08 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I was just sitting, minding my own business while watching the episode... when suddenly a wild Gorilla with a guilotine as a waist appeared!! I was gaping at the screen for those few minutes...

The whole plot just shifted right in front of us. This is apparently no slice of life with "heroes" trying to give the right example while being more weird than real life could be (thinking that it could have a more deep plot with a syndicate or something)... This apparently does have an evil organisation with "creatures" that cannot exist... or at least, they cannot just shapeshift in a matter of seconds...

This is just weird... Not bad, not good. Just... weird! I cannot process it correctly yet xD Could it be filming? It was my first thought but it was just too random to be filming... I don't know~
Nov 21, 2013 12:18 PM
Jan 2013
How was this show grounded in reality before? You had three idols running around with sticks that break fifty different weapons laws, performing ridiculous acrobatic acts, while finishing with repeated kicks to any exposed groin in sight.

I saw this coming from a mile away. The intro and the grandfather's words about him gathering a capable group of friends to help him confront a looming evil were hint enough.

I didn't expect the gorilla to have a freaking guillotine in his stomach though. But it didn't feel wrong, as the show loves throwing curve balls.

Nov 21, 2013 12:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
symbv said:
Are we saying there is actually an evil organization out there?? Or it is just some filming going on?

That whole last scene I was waiting for them to go "cut" or something, I kept waiting for something that would tell me that this wasn't real. But gotta say that was really intense and I did not expect to see bloodshed, although it wasn't much. What a cliffhanger.

I like how when Masayoshi read the truth about his parents' death, they made it seem like he would avenge them or something like how stories like this would normally go, but no, instead he had a talk with Goto about his conflict. That was a nice take on it all, and I thought the same thing as Masayoshi, that he didn't even remember or know his parents so it would be hard to want to avenge them. I don't think that's being coldhearted, it's just being realistic. Goto is such a great support, the way he says comedic things (like how he kept calling Masayoshi a hentai), but at the same time be serious and motivational.

Anyways, really looking forward to the next episode because that last part was seriously a huge surprise.
Nov 21, 2013 12:38 PM
Dec 2012
what the f**k just happened?!
:v
Nov 21, 2013 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
Umm.. yeah. That ending was...uh.. interesting.

I really liked it though. I was expecting a twist, but nothing like a gorilla with a built in guillotine decapitating people.

Waiting a whole week to find out what actually happened is gonna suck.
Nov 21, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2010
What the hell.

I love this show.
Nov 21, 2013 12:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
mmh....what???

Either the last five minutes were a dream or they were filming a movie or the like...

or...

the expression/trope "jumped the shark" will be used to describe this episode of Samurai Flamenco forevermore...
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 21, 2013 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
This is exactly how i didn't want this anime to proceed. Why manglobe why??????
Signatures Suck
Nov 21, 2013 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
This show went (wait for it) completely apeshit in the last 5 minutes.

I'm still in shock.
[/size]
Nov 21, 2013 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
I think my favorite show of the season just got ruined

the problem with this shift is that they pulled it straight out of their ass, they could have implemented foreshadowing or hints at it but just pulling it out of no where especially so late in the series is just incredibly poor writing
JizzyHitlerNov 21, 2013 1:02 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 21, 2013 1:02 PM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:
I think my favorite show of the season just got ruined

I don't know if it got ruined or taken in the direction where I hoped they'd take it from the get-go. Because I was pretty much impressed at how not-Kick-Ass (read: violent and shit) this whole thing was and rolled with it. for one and a half months, always curious about how this show is gonna go deeper into the whole mythology of sentai 'n' stuff rather than ACTUALLY turn into a sentai-show.

But now: Throw that shit out of the goddamn window, I guess. It's a sentai-show now and people will loose their heads. Via gorilla, if needed.
[/size]
Nov 21, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2010
what the f**k did i just saw in the ending few minutes . shit got real serious gore from a happy n light 7 episodes
Nov 21, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2011
What is this?? Seriously. So far the show was so real but now we have this supernatural things coming.... wtf is that monkey.... is this a power rangers film in making?? I mean.. is this real or are they filming something in the anime...??

Nov 21, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't expect heads to fly in this show...
Nov 21, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
Omg, seriously? I suggested this anime to like 10 year old kids... FML.

Is it turning this way for the best or for the worst? We can't say much for now, but this was definitely one of the most drastic changes. Unless filming or dreaming, this has got to be one of the biggest plot twists ever. XD

I'm eager for the next episode, the whole Samurai Flamenco stuff was starting to wear out and Samurai Girls were getting boring, so they had to pull out something new, but this? Woo, okay, show us what you got and if you can back it up! I'm CURIOUS, GJ!

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Nov 21, 2013 1:12 PM

Oct 2012
Epic twist.
I was expecting things to go a little dark, but not this dark. The guillotine gorilla was pretty brutal.
I have no idea where this is going anymore.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Nov 21, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2011
As much as i hope it would, i dont think the end was fiilmg a final episode.

Its such a damn shame that they squandered a shit ton of potential like this, there were so many places the series could go with the premise it had and staying to it, kick ass suffered the exact same issue where it went from something unique to just another generic comic book story

I will try my absolute best to adapt to the tonal shift but evne if i do theres no forgiving this episode as this is how you DONT do a tonal shift, you cant pull it out of your ass like the show did there needs to have been structure and foreshadowing of it prior, This did not have it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 21, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
What.
Had a hunch at the beginning of the series that it could turn into a darker one at one point, but didn't expect a sudden twist like this.
Then again, the director for this series directed Durarara which had a fair share of plot twists as well.

Liking this show even more now.
Nov 21, 2013 1:43 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome twist at the end this show just got better~
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 21, 2013 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
Okay episode, but what the hell happened in the end? Hopefully it's all a dream.
Nov 21, 2013 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
omg lisen guys

i had a nightmare... WAIT! That was real in anime? WTF ! @! @ !? !> !> >
Nov 21, 2013 2:00 PM
Aug 2011
This is either the best thing that's ever happened to this show or the worst, I don't know yet.

Anyway, has no one mentioned the great teamwork between Goto and Masayoshi as they went to take the gorilla down?
Nov 21, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
I don't like this turn of events at all. I was prepared, that the show could get darker, but the supernatural part is just ridiculous. I may change my mind, if they work it out in a good way, but until next week I remain sceptical.
Nov 21, 2013 2:10 PM

Sep 2011
Frontalbrise said:
I don't like this turn of events at all. I was prepared, that the show could get darker, but the supernatural part is just ridiculous. I may change my mind, if they work it out in a good way, but until next week I remain sceptical.
thats how i feel, if it does take the supernatural path for good then im just gonna have to force myself to get used to it. Im not going to completly disregard the show but it did lose everything special about it, just like kickass did

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 21, 2013 2:14 PM

Feb 2013
parfaited said:
This is either the best thing that's ever happened to this show or the worst, I don't know yet.

Anyway, has no one mentioned the great teamwork between Goto and Masayoshi as they went to take the gorilla down?

I think we're a little too shocked atm.

O____O

WTF just happened!!??

I was just watching all calmly laughing at him being called a hentai over and over and suddenly heads are flying!?

I didn't expect heads to go flying like that in this show lmao. I really doubt this was some kind of filming though, because those guys really be dead right now lol. Plus, the episode title for next week kinda implied it too.

Will this be good or not... I think we'll just have to see lmao. I was just screaming "WTF JUST HAPPENED!?" At my screen for 5 minutes lmao. XD
Nov 21, 2013 2:16 PM

Dec 2009
I sorta saw something like this coming (super villains appearing) but the way they went about it here was off. It really just came out of nowhere, like there was no build-up to it or even a hint at what was to come.

In fact, the way the scene played out just emphasized it by the non-reactions from both Goto and Masayoshi as well as the other police men.
Ara ara.
Nov 21, 2013 2:30 PM

Dec 2008
Is this show...about to get...serious?

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 21, 2013 2:34 PM
Oct 2011
Holy shit manglobe, you either went full retard, or you're actually just making us think you did. Though I'm leaning to the latter, I mean such awful and dumb writing can't exist, right?

Dec 2007
Woah, shot just got real!

Seriously people are jumping to conclusions wait until the explanations in the following episodes!

Apr 2011
Please tell me they are shooting a movie

plz

plz

Nov 21, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
I'm almost hoping the series goes in the worst possible way for you guys, because of how annoying your freaking out is. Haha.

Criticizing the show, even the production company for 5 minutes of one episode, this is going Robotics;Notes all over again. Get over it, and don't judge this book from only one paragraph in one page.

Thank you.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Nov 21, 2013 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
blob said:

Criticizing the show, even the production company for 5 minutes of one episode, this is going Robotics;Notes all over again. Get over it, and don't judge this book from only one paragraph in one page.

Thank you.
And complaining about people calmly and collectively reacting to something and gathering whether they like it or not is somehow better?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 21, 2013 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
Nah, the thing with the gorilla ain't real. We already saw earlier in the episode how Masajoshi imagined himself being a superhero while reading his grandfather's notes.

Well, be it as it may, Samurai Flamenco has shown many times that it knows what it is doing so I trust they know now as well. People freaking out here, though, is quite hillarious XD
Nov 21, 2013 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
parfaited said:

Hell yeah! That was admittedly quite awesome.
[/size]
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.