Forum Settings
Forums

Which upcoming anime are you most excited about and why?

New
Sep 19, 2:05 AM

Dec 2022
I want to see the new One Punch Man season :) one of the first i've watched
KyanBunSep 20, 5:34 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2:19 AM

Feb 2020
Bananya: Around the World
Totally an unexpected third season. This came out of nowhere.

Love Live! Superstar!! 3rd Season
The first ever season 3 in Love Live! franchise. How cool is that!

Mahoutsukai Pretty Cure!! Mirai Days
Also a very unexpected sequel.

Natsume Yuujinchou Shichi
I have missed Nyanko-sensei so much!

SerafosSep 19, 4:58 AM
Sep 19, 2:20 AM

Dec 2021
Maybe the next season of Link Click, I heard it's coming out soon, not exactly sure when.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/56752/Shiguang_Dailiren__Yingdu_Pian
Sep 19, 3:02 AM
Oct 2019
Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo 2nd Season because it's gonna continue to be peak parody harem with even more wacky moments that season 1.

Kono Kaisha ni Suki na Hito ga Imasu for a new successor to wotakoi (adult cast romance not necessarily Otaku).
Sep 19, 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
KyanBun said:
I want to see the new One Punch Man season :)

you did not say why

anyway for me its dandadan since its one of my 10/10 manga
Sep 19, 3:19 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I don't use the word excited or hyped. I'd rather say looking forward to it. Below here is some, though only for this fall season.

Loner Life in Another World <--- Reading the light novel, which I enjoy. Hopefully this one as well.
Neko ni Tensei shita Ojisan <--- Old man reincarnated as a cat... What else do you need?

Honorable mentions here for some few sequels this fall season. Watching since the prequels were good enough.
Arifureta 3
Shangri-La Frontier 2
SAO Gun Gale 2

Not having any high hopes for new series. They tend to be quite disappointing like this summer 2024 season.

Later upcoming series I'm looking forward to, since they are sequels, in no particular order would be...
One punch man 3
Mushoku Tensei 3
Killing Slimes for 300 Years 2
Tsukimichi 3
Campfire Cooking in Another World 2
Diamond no Ace - Zoku-hen
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Sep 19, 3:36 AM

May 2019
i'm not excited for any upcoming anime.
Sep 19, 4:13 AM

May 2024
There's a lot really: Dandadan, Mushoku Tensei season 3, the new Ghost in the Shell adaptation by Science Saru, Fate Strange Fake, Chainsaw Man film, etc. However, the newly announced Virgin Punk anime has intrigued me the most.
Sep 19, 4:41 AM

Sep 2018
World Trigger s4 and Dungeon Meshi s2 because they're among my favorites. The 2020s are on a good track to overcome the 2010s and become the best decade for anime.

Excluding sequels, Witch Hat Atelier seems to be the next big thing in the fantasy genre so I'm curious about it.
Sep 19, 4:57 AM
Sep 2023
The adaptation of 'About The Movement of the Earth' by Madhouse. It's a really amazing story.
Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
Robert A. Heinlein (Stranger in a Strange Land)
Sep 19, 5:02 AM

Aug 2010
Re:Zero Season 3 - I really enjoyed season 1 and 2, I even considered reading the light novel but the 3rd season was announced so I just waited for it and can't wait for next season to finally be able to know the story's continuation.

Beastars Final Season - same like Re:Zero, I enjoyed season 1 and 2 a lot and I can't wait to see the continuation.

For non-sequels, it's Summer Pockets. I am a fan of Key and I did like the visual novel that is the source material of this anime. The trailer also looking good so far, so I'm looking forward to it.
Sep 19, 5:07 AM

Jan 2008
In terms of sequels there is Wind Breaker s2, Dr Stone: Science Future, Dungeon Meshi s2, Spy X Family s3 (though not like I would have been after s1), Osomatsu S4, Fumetsu no Anata e Season 3, One punch Man s3, Golden Kamuy: Saishuushou, Hell's Paradise Season 2, Sabikui Bisco Season 2, Sk8 OVA, Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Eternal Love!, Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Jou-hen, Hoshina's Day Off, 3-nen Z-gumi Ginpachi-sensei, Mashle (Zoku-hen), Tokyo Revengers (Zoku-hen), Hokuto no Ken: Fist of the North Star, Dorohedoro (Zoku-hen), Akira (Shin Anime), Mononoke Movie: Dai ni Shou - Hinezumi, Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Conflict, Blue Lock vs. U-20 Japan, Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions Season 2, Shangri-La Frontier Season 2, Beastars Final Season

..... hmmm you know what. I need to sort out my future calendar I'm going to be eating so good on just sequels alone.
Sep 19, 5:10 AM

Jan 2021
For sequels, Bleach tybw arc part 3 and Kny movies are what I am most excited about.
For non sequels, some romcoms like Blue box and Kaoru rin.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 19, 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
Dragon Ball Daima only fuels my craving for the sequel of DB Super.

Bleach, cause it's Bleach, we're in the middle of a war, it's full of action.

Shangri La, S1 was pretty good, so I'm ready for some more.

Rurouni Kenshin, like DBZ I love this show for nostalgic reasons. S1 was a blast to see, so I'm glad the story continues in S2. ORO!
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

If digital buying isn't owning, then piracy isn't stealing
Sep 19, 5:49 AM

Nov 2018
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The New Thesis Season 5 - The best part of the series is being adapted (Operation Ragnarok).

Solo Leveling S2 - Hopefully the animation continues to improve. S1 only scratched the surface of the Manhwa.

Mushoku Tensei S3 - One of the best and crucial fights will take place, I would like to formally welcome our new boss ;)

JJK S3 - I heard this part of the manga is crazy and brutal.

Omniscient Reader - Excellent Manhwa, fingers crossed it's Ufotable animating it.

Dr. Stone S4 - What's left of the manga will be emotional and awesome.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Sep 19, 5:59 AM
May 2023
The new Gundam anime that is coming out in October! I just love Gundam. Ron Kamonohashi season 2 because I love detective stories. Trigun Stargaze. Studio Orange's new project : Leviathan because I love their animation and the synopsis just seems like something I would love. The new Link Click season that's coming soon. Wind Breaker season 2.
Sep 19, 7:41 AM

Nov 2021
Witch Hat Atelier looks interesting. Also a bunch of sequels like Dungeon Meshi, Apothecary Diaries, LycoReco.
Sep 19, 7:49 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I look forward to the sequel of Bleach and Shangri-La Frontier the most, those are the most interesting ones for me :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 19, 8:12 AM

Apr 2020
Uzumaki:Black and white actually keeps it atmospheric also this is probably the last chance for a junji ito adaptation to not be shit.

Leviathan:Fan of the book and Scott's Westerfield trilogy in general.

Mahoutsukai no Yoru:Fan of the vn, I have waited for this adaptation for years.

Witch Hat Atelier:I read the first chapters of the manga and from the trailer it looks great.

Darwin Jihen:I like the manga

Fate/strange Fake:I liked the special that came out a year ago,I hope for the series to be that good if not better.
Sep 19, 12:11 PM

Feb 2023
Probably Secrets of the Silent Witch
There isn't much information about it yet, but just knowing that it's becoming a reality makes me excited. It's one of my favorite lightnovel series, I love the story and the characters so much. I need more good shoujo fantasy and more anime with a socially awkward genius as the main character.

Also, as a Love Live! fan:
Love Live! Superstar!! 3rd Season (especially with Fall 2024 just around the corner)
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Final Chapter
VaturnaSep 19, 12:18 PM
Sep 19, 11:09 PM

Apr 2023
I don't know excited is the right word, but for me at the moment, I'm simply curious the most about Uzumaki. I've heard about Junji Ito's stuff but never touched upon it. Also, the monochromatic visuals piqued my interest.

Sep 19, 11:17 PM

Dec 2022
Übel Blatt caught my interest, with what appears to be a multifaceted and stoic protagonist in a well developed world. Is it? Who knows, but I will definitely be checking it out when it releases, as my intuition usually serves me well.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Sep 19, 11:18 PM

Apr 2022
the one piece remake, chainsaw man movie, fate strange fake, dandadan. in an ideal world, i would also have included sakamoto days too...
Sep 20, 4:48 PM

Mar 2014
https://myanimelist.net/anime/59619/Ame_to_Kimi_to Of course- An anime adaption of one my favorite manga’s?? hell yeah!

I’m still pleasantly surprised as it seemed totally random in terms of what series you’d normally expect to get an adaption or not. I’m so curious how it’ll go, i’m predicting like a 5-10 min ep each? but yeah getting to see my fav little raccoon dog fully animated will be such a treat, i see tons of saved gifs in the future…..but as much as i look forward to it i’m gonna have to (somehow) get the willpower to hold off on watching until i finish the manga first.

🩷🦝
🌙

I wish you an ounce of luck
Sep 20, 4:51 PM

May 2020
DanDaDan and Sakamoto Days, hopefully, both are adapted well as they may lead this new generation of animanga
Sep 20, 7:39 PM
Oct 2019
Re:Zero season 3, Dragon Ball Daima, the Chainsaw Man movie, Fire Force season 3, and One Punch Man season 3.
Sep 20, 8:00 PM

Feb 2023
TANYA DEGURECHAFF IS BACK LETSSS GOOOOO!!! Can't wait for s2 of Saga of Tanya the Evil!
Sep 20, 8:04 PM

Mar 2021
The Apothecary Diaries S2 is coming next year and I can't wait for it. ;;
Sep 20, 8:25 PM

May 2015
Well it's already out in Japan but Kimi no Iro. Naoko Yamada, Kensuke Ushio and Reiko Yoshida together again...need I say more.
Sep 20, 8:37 PM

May 2023
To Your Eternity S3, Golden Kamuy Final Season, Summer Pockets, Maomao S2, Witch Hat Atelier, Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card S2, Oshi no Ko S3 (already yes), JJK 3, and whatever Kyoani is announcing tomorrow!
Some others I know less about have piqued my interest too like Princession Orchestra, Apocalypse Hotel, and the few mahou shoujo series airing this season.
Sep 20, 8:37 PM

Aug 2021
Re Zero season 3

Uzumaki

Dandadan

these 3 are the one which I can remember right now.
Sep 20, 9:33 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Lockdown Zone: Lv. X

Calabi Yau no Sukima

because I'm sure they will be masterpieces of the horror genre
Sep 20, 9:54 PM

Sep 2020
This season was dry asf but next season looks really good. I am excited for lots of anime next season but if I have to name few its gonna be....

1. Dandadan
2. Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite
3. Re Zero S3
4. Natsume and the book of friends S7
5. Uzumaki

and many more.

Anime which I am excited about but doesn't have any release date yet. Is here....
https://myanimelist.net/stacks/42969
Sep 20, 9:59 PM

Jun 2011
For fall 2024,

I'll Become a Villainess Who Goes Down in History - Shoujo romance with nobility trope.
Natsume Yuujinchou Shichi - Natsume Yuujincho is peak slice of life.
Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions Season 2 - I haven't watch S1 but I've heard great things, I love murder mystery.
Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Yakuza romance trope which I am quite into.
Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi - Traditional Japanese, shrine, guy living with his harem, all are tropes that I like.
Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Very interesting premise and I plan on reading the manga eventually as well. This might get me in the feels.
Hoshifuru Oukoku no Nina - I like fantasy romance, and I am into royalty romance trope.
Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite - I love historical anime, it's going to feature 15th Century Poland, that in itself has already caught my interest.
Ao no Miburo - Another one, historical samurai, 2 of my favorite genres.
Touhai: Ura Rate Mahjong Touhai Roku - Strategy game, one of my favorite subgenre.
Trillion Game - Guy trying to earn 1 trillion, depends on the execution this could be very interesting.
Tono to Inu - Historical, samurai, and doggo, need I say more? This could be my favorite of the season.
Delico's Nursery - Vampire and mystery, this is already airing but I haven't watch it, I look forward to it, and I trust JC Staff.
Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru 2nd Season - Reincarnation + aristocrat is one of my favorite combo.
Ao no Hako - Romance with cohabitation trope is one of my favorite, both MC looking to work towards the same goal which will bring their relationship closer.
Seirei Gensouki 2 - I somewhat enjoyed season 1 and it ended on a cliffhanger.
Ao no Exorcist: Yuki no Hate-hen - Been a while since I've watched Ao no Exorcist, but I remember the series fondly, mythology is also one of my favorite subgenre/themes, and the show just looks good, also there's Fukuyama Jun.
Kimi wa Meido-sama. - Maid trope is not one of my favorite, but I like the premise, guy trying to get girl to experience different things and change her life.
Uzumaki - I've never been a fan of Junji Itou, I hope this anime could change my mind. I tried reading his manga and they never intrigued me.

I just realized this is a long list.. Fall 2024 is looking promising, even if I end up enjoying only half of the list.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 20, 10:07 PM

Oct 2017
Ghost in the Shell 2026 is the top one. Really excited to see a GiTS adaption that uses Shirow's original art style. Beyond that, Lazarus, Uzumaki, One Piece Remake and Witch Hat Atelier would fill out my top five.
Sep 20, 10:13 PM

Jul 2024
I'm looking forward to seeing these in fall 2024

Dandadan It got this unique blend of ancient youkai, Sci fi aliens, crazy exorcists, and erotic gilf with a quirky comedy..

Bleach I'm excited to see how the anime continues and if it differ from the manga, especially with the new arcs that promise intense battles.

Natsume youjinchou Shichi..will be heartwarming and it will continues to explore the gentle and touching stories of Natsume and his interactions with youkai,specially Nyanko sensei

Blue lock U20 The strange football action continues the Blue Lock team faces off against the U-20.

Uzumaki adaptation of Junji Ito’s horror manga might be thrilling and scary

Ranma- childhood nostalgia making a comeback, looking forward to new Ranma 1/2 with humor and martial arts..

Kamonohashi Ron s2 The detective series returns with more crazy mysteries and clever deductions.

Youkai gakkou no sensei promises to be both hilarious and entertaining.
RainyEveningsSep 20, 10:26 PM
Sep 22, 12:00 AM

Jan 2023
For the upcoming Autumn season, I'm looking forward the most to the season 3 of Love Live Superstar: I really liked the first two seasons, and the last one ended on kind of a cliffhanger!
Sep 22, 12:09 AM
Jan 2021
Nights With a Cat, season 3. The first two were cute so I'm expecting more of the same. Don't care about anything else right now.
Sep 22, 12:45 AM

Apr 2024

Youjo Senki
The Light Novel is kinda boring and the Manga straight up sucks, but the anime team fixed the story into something amazing, so I hope to see more of it.

Made in Abyss
I like how it's not afraid to let shit hit the fan and each anime came with a soundtrack I had to buy. If you don't care to watch the anime, at least give the soundtrack a chance.
Sep 22, 2:03 AM

Nov 2021
I'm really looking forward to Re:zero season 3. ==> it's my favorite anime after all and i've been waiting for 4 years now.

third picture :re:zero reddit ( [Media] Emilia & Subaru in kimono by@51senre)
Sep 22, 2:07 AM

Jun 2010
Most probably the ongoing series like One Piece, One Punch Man, Detective Conan, Tower of God, Kingdom.
Sep 22, 6:53 AM

Jul 2021
I am not excited whatsoever, even a little bit.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 22, 6:55 AM

Jan 2020
Looking forward to Witch Hat Atelier - it's gonna be great I'm sure!
Sep 22, 11:23 AM

Jul 2013
None because I just watch old anime shows. I see no appeal from the newer shows.
Sep 22, 11:35 AM
Feb 2014
Mostly Mushoku Tensei III and Ao no Exorcist: Yuki no Hate-hen
Sep 22, 12:09 PM

Jan 2021
Sequels

Solo Leveling Season 2: Arise from the Shadow
- Good world-building.
- Top tier production values.
- I like Jin-Woo; he is a good character.

Youjo Senki II [url=][/url]
- Good milltary anime.
- Good milltary anime.
- Fantastically chaotic.
- Unique setting for an isekai anime.
- Yuuki Aoi.

Mushoku Tensei III: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
- A lot of good characters.
- Morally complex situations.
- Eris returns.
- A lot of hype from light novel readers.

New Series

Tongari Boushi no Atelier
- Similar vibes to Frieren.
- It looks like it will have good production.
- Hype from manga readers.

Omniscient Reader
- I read the manwha it's great.

I am not including anime from Fall 2024 as it is right around the corner.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Sep 23, 1:25 PM

Dec 2020
Re:Zero S3, Blue Lock S2, Dandadan and Uzumaki all look great and I have big expectations.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Sep 23, 1:59 PM
Jul 2024
Re: Zero Season 3 & Hell's Paradise Season 2. Been waiting a long time.
Sep 23, 10:05 PM

Apr 2022
The only one I’m looking forwards to is Devil May Cry (technically not anime but still).

Everything else I’ll give them a try if they’re actually good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Animes you wish had dubs?

Mattenan - 9 hours ago

9 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» I don't understand why shoujo is so much more shunned than all other demographics. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fario-P - Apr 27, 2023

309 by LuxuriousHeart »»
8 minutes ago

» why are women being so unseen as audience ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ame - Oct 13

240 by MFDOOMED »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite anime girl school uniform

VampireSylphy - 7 hours ago

13 by Notoshin »»
12 minutes ago

» ☀️Summer 2024: OP/ ED of the Season & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nirererin - Oct 6

193 by WaterMage »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.