Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2023 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Saku...she does cares about her weight after all. It seems she's ate too much goodies that she gained weight.

A lot of amusing moments in this imo but realistically, it can happen to just about anyone. Found the episode's realism rather interesting imo. Yukichi's reactions are always priceless to see, especially from his point of view.
Sep 15, 2023 10:58 AM

Nov 2007
Wait, did I really see it correctly that Miyu-Miyu also voiced ex-boyfriend
lol @ the cousins like the same person.
tsubasaloverSep 15, 2023 11:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 15, 2023 11:58 AM
Sep 2015
Yukichi in muscular form is quite interesting, the show realized this and change it back immediately.
Sep 15, 2023 12:14 PM
Jul 2023
The Muscular Cat Is Wrathful Again Today
Sep 15, 2023 12:21 PM

Mar 2021
Muscular Yukichi looks an absolute unit, this episode was really good I loved Seeing Saku and Yukichi imagine how the other would be if they swapped personalities
Sep 15, 2023 12:22 PM

Dec 2021
"What's the point of working so hard everyday", I ask the same question too Saku. Saku remains incredibly relatable...

It was wonderful witnessing her being appreciated at work. I adore that she excels in her job. The Yuri angle was quite unexpected in this show... It's amazing how she's made more progress with two different girls than the guy!

Sep 15, 2023 12:39 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Starting one's day early is always a good thing given Saku's nature. Given the good food that Yukichi cooks gaining weight is hardly unusual. Its funny that her hard working nature ended up harming her attempt to reduce her weight though. The fitness chapter sure was a harsh lesson for Saku. Its a nice surprise that Rio and Yuri are cousins. The cat grass saga sure featured some nice tension. Overall a fun ep that featured some nice expansion on the support cast and situations unique to Saku and Yukichi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2023 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
As a self confessed worthless human I need a masterful cat in my life!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 15, 2023 12:42 PM

Feb 2019
Just noticed this Saku and Cecilia reference lol

Lmao saku falling for those internet scam “weight loss shoes” is so real. So many people fall for all of that nonsense.

No wonder she’s gaining weight if everyone at work is bringing her a damn smorgasbord of food on the daily basis lol. Don’t want to turn it down or be rude, difficult situation to be in. Then you got Yukichi cooking her meals fit for a queen every day. That adds up it’s going to the right places tho

Yukichi’s physical fitness crash course was intense. Him being jacked had me dying 😂, we definitely need more muscular Yukichi! You’d think considering Saku martial arts background she’d be able to handle all of that cycling and cardio, but even she had a hard time.

Yuri and Rio being revealed as cousins was a nice twist. Saku now got a little love triangle with her manager and Rio lol. I’m still rooting for the manager. That aquarium date they went on in the beginning of the season is still one of my fave eps.

Another awesome episode
Marinate1016Sep 15, 2023 1:00 PM
Sep 15, 2023 12:59 PM

Apr 2021

If she hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't even question it^^
I really like Sakus and Yukichis dynamic, like polar opposites. It's so fun to watch.

Also give Rio and Yuri more screentime, please.
Sep 15, 2023 1:03 PM

May 2014
All the girls falling for Saku. Can't blame them.

I hope they include more kitten Yukichi flashbacks. They're important and cute! I'm sure there were more in the manga by this point, could be wrong though.
Sep 15, 2023 1:08 PM
Sep 2019
Ohh God please give us a S2, Or I'm gonna cry.

This is so good man, it's like all my stress is gone just before my sleep. What an amazing show. It's cute and Fun. I guess I should really sleep now.😂

10/10 just stay like forever. .
Sep 15, 2023 1:35 PM

Jan 2023
“This is true happiness!” Me when I see the next episode of Dekineko is released.

Saku not wanting to go to work and crying while rubbing Yukichi is too relatable, except I don’t have a big cat and I’ve yet to graduate. Poor Yukichi twitching on the floor from the Saku rub but all is worth it for kanpai!

Well, at least she’s aware of her weight gaining even though we saw this same scale before. Once again, poor Yukichi being shocked and depressed over Saku’s weight gain which is quite humorous when Saku should be more worried. When Saku was looking at those diet shoes, I was thinking “NO SAKU, NO DON’T BUY THOSE NOOO”. “Starting tomorrow, I’ll start an exercise regimen!” Oversleeps and takes a taxi to her office than ate a ton of sweets. Hmm… I don’t think it went too well haha.

Yuri and Rio being cousins was quite the surprise but it’s a nice addition to the two, and their romance talk to show their dynamic was pretty sweet heh. Oh my goodness, I knew where it was going once Yukichi left to attend the delivery. He goes to stamp it and Saku accidentally starts eating the cat grass. That entire pet to owner dynamic bit was so funny, if a Yukichi-like Saku made Yukichi afraid while a Saku-like Yukichi is basically a normal cat haha.

Cute and adorable as always, but I find health quite ironic when Saku is a erm.. avid drinker.
Anyway, have a wonderful rest of your Friday :]

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Sep 15, 2023 4:48 PM
Aug 2022
Very surprising that yuri and Rio turned out to be cousins. Even more surprising that Rio seems to have a crush on Saku. I highly doubt that will develop much since it’s not the point of the show but I hope they touch on it maybe once more.

Seeing giga chad yukichi in this episode was funny. Saku and yukichi are easily my favourite duo in anime. They have such a good dynamic together.

I swear we better get a season 2.
Sep 15, 2023 5:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Indeed who thought those little cute shop clerk and Saku pink coworker actually came from the family, and not to mention they shared the same interest crush feeling toward the same person lmao. Can't wait to seem them learn that Saku is actually closer than what they think, and also one step closer to know more about Yukichi, which Saku trying hard to hide from the society. Not expect this kind of plot progression, but eh i really appreciate how things turns fast out there!

Back to the daily activities of our dekiru neko, funny how Yukichi several times have a thought to running away from Saku. But then realized he already depend much to those worthless girl and unable to think she's become so masterful. Buffed Yukichi tho xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 15, 2023 6:04 PM

Apr 2022
saku tryna look after her weight but failing lol gigachad yukichi though.
Sep 15, 2023 6:09 PM

Mar 2019
This was the best episode so far, Yukichi is very funny haha.🐈‍⬛
Sep 15, 2023 6:43 PM
Nov 2018
One of my favorite animes this season. Has a way to be funny and at the same time to pull on my heart strings.
Sep 15, 2023 6:58 PM

Feb 2019
rio and her cousin both have the same taste lol
Sep 16, 2023 12:21 AM

Jan 2021
"and I can't tell them that my stomach hurts because I stupidly ate some cat grass" hahahah xD that cat grass segment was so funny xD how could Saku continue eating it after she felt that the taste and texture were weird? :"D

Sep 16, 2023 12:31 AM

Jun 2021
Their imagination of each other turning like them was hilarious. Saku looked like a delinquent. Can't blame Yukichi for being scared. I loved all of his reactions. And Yukichi looked like a normal big cat who just laze around haha. Both of them are as adorable as the show itself.
Sep 16, 2023 2:14 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, He should have never thought about how She can do household work XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 16, 2023 4:14 AM
Jun 2023
Episode 11 was hilarious!
Sep 16, 2023 4:53 AM

Sep 2018
Were those two revealed to be sisters before this episode? I can't remember...
Sep 16, 2023 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
Yukichi starts his day as per usual as the masterful cat, all for the cat can, even if it means forcing Saku out of her rails. If only she'd have better control of her own life...

Oh welp, a woman's worst enemy is gaining weight, and Yukichi is more depressed than Saku. So then, the decision to exercise...gets overtaken as she overslept and barely made it to work. But to make things literally sweeter, her colleagues handed her gifts...which make her even heavier and forcing her to exercise at the dead of night. Hah, Yukichi as a body builder is nice to see. No cat, no life.

Yuri and Rio are cousins. though its hard for the latter to not share about her affection on Saku...the only problem is Yukichi. If dating men can't do, dating girls will do, though that's probably on the extreme side...with both Saku and Yukichi having the typical cold trope lols.

Cat grass, a majority of cats love it, even Yukichi. But just as Yukichi is about to have his meal, Saku woke up and ate his meal, which definitely wasn't suitable for human consumption. Saku ate a fair bit, which caused her stomach to go awry.

The idea of pets being like their owners, a Yukichi-like Saku is frightening at best, though thankful that she isn't that way. And when the POV is switched, a Saku-like Yukichi...is just a normal cat, with the only difference being size variance.

Onto the next episode!
Sep 16, 2023 8:19 AM
Feb 2016
Me encanta muchisimo este anime. Uno más de los que quisiera que su manga estuviera publicado en español.

Sep 16, 2023 9:18 AM
Awkward Fellow

Oct 2018
Without a doubt the funniest episode yet 🤣
Sep 16, 2023 2:13 PM
Jul 2015
Yes yes yes, romance!
Sep 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Mar 2008
Rio having a crush on Saku is cute. I actually didnt really see that coming since i thought she just admired her and wanted to be friends. Dont know if that will go anywhere though but id be for it.

Nice they added the little info on things toxic to cats since many people dont know. Lemon is another big one they didnt mention.

That Yukichi like Saku is frightening. Lol
Sep 17, 2023 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to tsubasalover
Wait, did I really see it correctly that Miyu-Miyu also voiced ex-boyfriend
lol @ the cousins like the same person.
@tsubasalover I'm not sure Yuri loves her in "that sense" (no pun intended). Rather, this is a typical joke like “I have no luck with guys, maybe I can become a lesbian?” On the other hand, it is extremely strange that even when directly discussing or thinking about such things, they are afraid that they will be “thought strangely.” Rio canonically has a crush on MC and admits it herself. Should they be afraid that someone will think that she is gay or bi?
Sep 17, 2023 1:56 AM

Apr 2012
I never thought that an anime about a hopeless owner and her huge cat would turn into your typical female protagonist show where the main character has her own harem in addition to a male love interest lol. She even knows martial arts. It seems that for a complete pantsu fighting bingo, only pantsu shots are missing.
Sep 17, 2023 4:53 AM

Nov 2007
Reply to RobertBobert
@tsubasalover I'm not sure Yuri loves her in "that sense" (no pun intended). Rather, this is a typical joke like “I have no luck with guys, maybe I can become a lesbian?” On the other hand, it is extremely strange that even when directly discussing or thinking about such things, they are afraid that they will be “thought strangely.” Rio canonically has a crush on MC and admits it herself. Should they be afraid that someone will think that she is gay or bi?
@RobertBobert Sorry, what I meant is "kininaru" for the "like" here. part-time at supermarket thinking of main character, and co-worker admiring main character.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 17, 2023 5:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to tsubasalover
@RobertBobert Sorry, what I meant is "kininaru" for the "like" here. part-time at supermarket thinking of main character, and co-worker admiring main character.
@tsubasalover I wonder how far they are willing to go with this "Saku ikemen onna". While Yuri's line felt like a joke most of the time, the preview for the next episode seems to tease that Saku will get her own bisexual love triangle.
Sep 17, 2023 9:59 PM
Jul 2013
Not the best episode in the anime but it was decent overall you're not watching this show for mind blowing episodes just cute fuel, slice of life, funny moments also yukichi and saku being cute.
Sep 17, 2023 11:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The Yukichi-version of Saku low-key kinda turns me on ngl

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 19, 2023 3:01 PM
May 2019
Suprise Yuri!! :O
Sep 19, 2023 7:08 PM
Jul 2020
I still can’t help but feel like the way Saku handled that ex-boyfriend guy just made her so much more unlikable. What even was that?

She mistook him for a harasser, didn’t bother talking, butted in, used physical violence, FUCKING RECORDED HIM and then the show somehow still tries to present it as a good thing…?

It’s not. It’s really damn not.

Bro was an asshole, but that’s it. An asshole and A CRIMINAL are very different things.

This entire part of her personality is just so unnecessary. Why include it at all?

Like, I wouldn’t be complaining if EVERYTHING else about her wasn’t ridiculously likeable. Both her and the cat are such a charming pair.

So why include this subplot at all? It’s super tone-deaf.

This tiny detail has been bothering me for a while.
Isekai-EnjoyerSep 19, 2023 7:18 PM
Sep 23, 2023 9:45 PM
Sep 2018
This episode made me realize just how funny this show can be.

It was a welcome change of pace to focus on characters outside our two protagonists, namely Saku's coworker Yuri and the convenience store clerk Rio. It was surprising to learn that they're relatives (cousins, actually) but what really got me was how they both admire Saku without even knowing that the other does as well.

It's actually quite novel to see Yukichi being fazed by his imagination of what Saku would be like if she was more like him. Perhaps he thinks that he'd be useless to her if she acted more like him. As for how Yukichi would be like if he was more like Saku, he'd pretty much just be a regular cat as Saku thinks. It's actually pretty funny that she was unfazed by such a thought, especially when compared to Yukichi's reaction.

Also, I really liked Saku taking over the preview of the next episode!
Sep 25, 2023 5:49 AM

Jun 2019
Another cute episode. Loved both of their respective imaginations. LOL. Looks like someone has a crush on Saku. Cute.
Sep 26, 2023 3:08 PM
Jan 2023
Who would have known that Rio and Yuri are related and are admirers of Saku without the other knowing, pretty funny really.

Rio having a crush on Saku is the last thing I would have expected, but you know what, makes sense, Saku does seemingly know how to do martial arts. Seems they're introducing a bit of romance, not sure how this is going to develop this late on into the show though.

Yukichi thinking about what would happen if Saku was more similar to him was funny to watch. Saku clicking her tongue like that is actually kinda terrifying, wouldn't want to be near her...
Sep 27, 2023 11:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well, if she wants to lose weight faster she just had to keep eating catnip and spend her time in the toilets xD
Nov 16, 2023 12:48 PM

Feb 2020
Saku being like Yukichi had me rolling!
Jan 23, 10:05 AM

Jan 2023
Did the store clerk fall in love with Saku? It was unexpected! Funny moment when Saku and Yukichi were compared!
Feb 22, 12:37 PM
Aug 2015
I really liked how the part-timer is developing feelings for one of the protagonists (:
Mar 28, 6:53 PM

Dec 2022
both sisters are gay for Saku lol
the real highlights were Saku-like Yuki and Yuki-like Saku

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

145 by BigPaws »»
May 26, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

40 by hurricane567 »»
May 1, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2023

61 by UzumakiHime »»
Apr 22, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2023

54 by UzumakiHime »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

73 by filoshi »»
Apr 20, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.