Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 14, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, some characters really take a toll on their control. More important storytelling about Hizuru is revealed.

It's also good to see Ushio and Shinpei take leadership and hopefully with their friends, they can end all this Shadow mess. Easier said than done of course.
Jul 14, 2022 9:00 AM
Jul 2022
It's really the worst episode from now
Jul 14, 2022 10:26 PM
Jun 2019
zxyzzxxyy said:
It's really the worst episode from now
It is not our fault that you do not know how to differentiate chapters where they give information to link the puzzle. They gave a lot of precise details, but if they didn't give you the action of other chapters then it's bad xD
I even assure you that you did not understand the last thing and how they did it (without reading the manga it can be deduced)
Jul 15, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2014
The fear in this anime is real. I put myself in Shinpei's situation and find no place to be safe, the feeling of being overwhelmed that dying accelerates the end to be avoided, now without knowing why he died...

Really awesome anime, I hope they don't screw it up at the end.
Jul 15, 2022 9:27 AM
Oct 2021
God damn that was one painful episode
Jul 15, 2022 10:55 AM

May 2019
These past couple of episodes have been a rollercoaster of emotions for me, but in retrospect, all episodes up to this point have given off such vibes. It seems that one minute Shinpei is defeating Shadows left and right, but in the following minute, the Shadows are right back on his tail.

First, we have to start discussing about the events that happened 14 years ago in the first half of the episode. It was surprising to me how Haine and Hizuru got along fairly well with each other during their first few encounters, but it makes sense given how the former was fairly lonely in the clinic while the latter was very fascinated and rather caring about their relationship. On a minor note, we finally now know the name of the four-eyed, or rather four-armed, Shadow. However, it seems their relationship would take a turn for the worse, with mentions of how Haine seemed to be always hungry, culminating in her consuming Ryuunosuke in front of Hizuru's eyes. Since Haine has always been a Shadow, I'm wondering if her Shadow instincts didn't really kick in until that fateful day, at which we see a serious change in her character; I feel this may have a connection with how Ushio acts right now, but that's just speculation.

After looping back in the afternoon of the 22nd towards the second half of the episode, Shinpei is becoming much more cautious now due to his newfound knowledge of the Shadows. In addition to an alteration to the original plan of ambushing the Kobayakawa household, Hizuru explains why she is very hesitant about unleashing Ryuunosuke to the Shadows, so this detail will certainly influence these upcoming episodes. As what we've seen with the tide changing, no matter what Shinpei plans to do, the Shadows are always one step ahead, and they're really exploiting his time looping abilities to their advantage in a "running out the clock" type of fashion. Because of this, the episode is capped off with another sudden loop—though this time not of Shinpei's doing—back at the house with understandable confusion.

Judging from the title for Ep. 15, "Lights, Camera, Action (ライツ カメラ アクション)," I'll have to suspect there could be a major plot conflict. By pure speculation, we can only guess as to what Shinpei might do given this new loop: either he might continue collaborating with Hizuru and Nezu like before, but obviously being more wary and cautious, or he may have to go at this alone for fear of anyone else being unwillingly dragged into this conflict.

"When we meet again...I will kill you"
Jul 15, 2022 11:21 AM
Jan 2022
This anime is NOT made for weekly watch😬😬😬😬😬 Binge it is
Jul 15, 2022 1:33 PM
Nov 2020
Another great episode! We got many informations and, as usual, some final twist for our poor mc! Never disappoint ♡
Jul 15, 2022 3:30 PM

Dec 2013
Jesus. How do you go through rallying everyone bringing them all into the loop and all of their heartfelt speeches, only for that to be instantly undone. Do you waste another however many hours trying to rally everyone knowing the same thing might happen. Heartbreaking.

I dunno maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention, but I wish I had a better grasp on exactly how much time is being lost in each loop and where we are at in shinpeis spent and available time

Also it's so annoying that my most anticipated weekly episode is also the episode that requires me hunting down an upload every week. I'll pay you money if you'd just let me stream it legally on a set schedule similar to every other series. This is such a braindead licensing agreement from disney. You got the rights to it but you are killing the popularity of the show and driving people to pirate it because you are not providing a way for most to stream it
thedrynessJul 15, 2022 3:36 PM
Jul 15, 2022 4:08 PM
Mar 2018
God damn shide is cheat character. must be nerve
Jul 15, 2022 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
While the plot itself was interesting as usual, I couldn't help but notice how awfully off animation in this episode is. Especially when characters were talking, their lips and their speech didn't synchronize at all. Well... to be expected from the show that is longer than 13 episodes, can't really complain about quality since fight scenes were such an eye candy x)

Also lol, shadows really just shot Shin while he was standing on the stage. That's cheating!

I wonder if Shin has some sort of "spider sense" that alerts him of danger? He had a weird feeling something was wrong right before he died.

For anyone who asks about sub/dub: those who watch it early probably watch without subs at all, just raws. There are also different languages that are avaliably earlier, I've seen Russian dub being avaliable yesterday and Ukranian dub, I believe, was on the nyaa waaaaay before English subs. Plus some websites take their sweet time to upload so you have to look through. (These subs have some mistakes as well, I may be not expert in Japanese, but "onee-chan" doesn't translate to "miss". It's "sis", isn't? Do you call your sister "miss" on daily basis?...)

Erm I mean don't pirate anime! Watch it legally! Buy Disney+ subscription even if it's not avaliable in your country!
TheMangaManiacJul 15, 2022 6:32 PM
Jul 15, 2022 6:56 PM

Mar 2020
They really don't hold back on the graphic images, which is a good thing considering what this series is about. The backstory between Hizuru and Haine is definitely a tragic one. Interesting twist at the end.
Jul 15, 2022 7:29 PM

Feb 2021
This episode is.. janky. Weirdly drawn, choppy animation, weird transition. But we get more mysteries than answers. Damn poor Nezu-san, he gets killed again!
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 15, 2022 8:11 PM

Sep 2017
Oooof. He got sniped by Nezu's rifle didn't he?
Jul 15, 2022 10:40 PM

Sep 2015
While he don't know what killed him, he can at least say alert others on what is to come. It also confirms the hypothesis that they can now track his location since they wouldn't know otherwise.

And with that conclusion, they either observe Shinpei as a group from afar so they can't get picked off one by one and use Shinpei as bait. Or stick together as a group and defend Shinpei. Even in the absence of information, there're things he can conclude.
Jul 15, 2022 11:02 PM
Dec 2019
When Tokiko First Speech, Her Lips Move and Voice Not Match , WTF it like Komi san Season 2 Episode 10, Downgrade Animation , WTH is happening with Studio OLM???
Jul 15, 2022 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
Redo_Waito said:
When Tokiko First Speech, Her Lips Move and Voice Not Match , WTF it like Komi san Season 2 Episode 10, Downgrade Animation , WTH is happening with Studio OLM???

yeah I noticed this too
Jul 16, 2022 12:13 AM

Apr 2021
can anyone explain what happened when shinpei was calling alan on phone & how that scene occurred between their meeting?
Jul 16, 2022 12:58 AM

Sep 2020
The animations were kinda meh in the last part of the episode.
After finishing the episode I went reading the manga chapter and they cut some nice dialogues, for example Tokiko saying that she's sorry to Mio or the police man starting to freak out about what happened.
I mean yeah, they're all dead now and another loop started so it's not that important but I just hope that it doesn't end up with bad episodes
Jul 16, 2022 12:58 AM
Mar 2010
Dang man... how are they going to win against monsters like that. Can he cut off his arm and rescan it lmao. Rip nezu..

They really are going to spawn camp him now lmao..
Jul 16, 2022 4:02 AM

Jul 2019
The animation in Summertime Render has always been poor. Barely any eye-appealing, well-directed fight scenes. It also doesn't help with these cheezy dramas and tension. Don't confuse art and animation, people.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 16, 2022 10:00 AM
Jun 2019
Man, the opening still gives such a battle-shonen vibe

I don’t know if it’s just me, but something about this episode kinda felt off

The ending’s still relaxing to listen to
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 16, 2022 10:07 AM
Jul 2021
Shush child, you clearly do not see top-tier stuff unless its so obvious.
Jul 16, 2022 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
That backstory was really something alright.
Jul 16, 2022 10:59 AM

Sep 2020
Damn this is kinda boring ngl. I definitely want to see less minor characters from now on because most of them are plain useless. Finally, it is cleared up as to how Hizuru can change into the soul of her brother(or how her brother can take control of her?)so that's something I guess. I always thought she had multiple personality disorder but it's not that. I just don't see why we have to have such a large pool of characters that are not integral to the plot.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jul 16, 2022 11:25 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We got to see Hizuru and Haine's conversation in the buikding.
She talks about the four armed shadow, Shide! It was weird to see them get along so well.
She even asked her to be friends forever...
We saw Ryuunosuke getting killed by Haine and Hizuru finding out...
Her right eye exploded out!
Nezu saved her from the shadows.
Ryuunosuke's data entered Hizuru's body.
Shinpei comes back to the present. It seems each time he loops his starting point becomes later...
Shinpei gives his speech as leader.
And Nezu... is stabbed in the head by Mio's shadow.
Shinpei is suddenly back in his house.
It seems he died again...

Looking forward to the next!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 16, 2022 12:48 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wow, once again quite solid, sure the animation isn't as great as it used to be at least just in this episode and among a few others, but it doesn't bother me personally too much when you're just mostly engrossed in the story itself, and man what a ride, what a story it continues to be. Halfway through the season we're already faced with impending and intimidating odds. I mean we were from the start, but with those odds we were given a method of fighting those odds, a cheat, an advantage, a way to overcome them with Shinpei's return-by-death hack. Which, we kind of know how he got it now with Haine simply yelling so loud that one of her eyeballs literally just popped out from her sockets; and somehow that eyeball found its way into Shinpei's eyesocket. But now that advantage has been decreased drastically, as the enemy can now basically follow him and know of his whereabouts timeline-wise. They travel time with him basically as Ushio does, retaining their own memories and thus really nullifying Shinpei's advantage. Well at least with all that despair we did get something new that Shinpei may be able to use, and that is an information overload in the form of us taking a trip back through time and being shown (who's showing this to Shinpei idk, unless he's just randomly stumbling across important points in the past) the pasts of those on the island and gaining more insight into the shadows. What did we learn today? I forgot, but I'm sure the real meat will be provided in the next episode. Yeah I did say that this works as a weekly airing watch since each episode is packed and it also gives you time to think and ponder upon it, but at the same time each episode is packed giving you time to kind of forget about certain things. I think a binge watch would actually now be more beneficial to this to keep all he points fresh in the mind and plus you can instantly satisfy your cliffhanger desires.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 16, 2022 1:41 PM

Feb 2020
all that talking for him to get 360-no-scope-trickshoted lmao! Comedy.
Jul 16, 2022 2:45 PM
Jul 2017
A few hiccups in the animation this episode but it was still good over all. I was worried how they were going to pace the anime trying to fit 139 chapters into just 25 episodes but at this point I’d say they’re doing a great job.
Jul 16, 2022 8:21 PM

May 2015
So from what I can tell, the food wasn't filling haine up at all which led to her succumbing to hunger and attacking ryuunosuke who came at a bad time. That definitely sucks, but thanks to that Hizuru can now protect herself and help Shinpei stop these events once and for all. Doesn't seem to be going too well, even with Ushio's overpowered memory sharing ability Shinpei is under attack from the shadows new plan. Which is to spawn camp him until he can no longer time-travel. This will be a hard plan to beat, unless he can overpower Shide and Haine and the others.
Jul 17, 2022 2:42 AM
Nov 2021
Uhmm.....Hello???? what the fuck just happened??
Jul 17, 2022 7:06 AM

Jul 2017
Young Hizuru's backstory with Haine that explans Sou's family clinic with the haunted "2nd floor" that isn't haunted at all, it's all to actually keep people out from meeting her.

So that 4-armed guardian of Haine is Shide, the Greed Incarnate Shadow, and the Haine back in those days certainly isn't the Haine Shinpei and Ushio knew in the current day. The Haine back then whom feels lonely and only has Hizuru as a friend, and while Nezu certainly was the closest to knowing the truth in terms of his work, her brother Ryuunosuke actually was the one affected by the Shadow sickness whom had his life sucked out by Haine, and with her right eye gushed out, it's do or die for survival as both Hizuru (close but not) and Nezu are being copied, not knowing that it will have dire consequences. And that's how Ryuunosuke's data is being copied directly into Hizuru, plus Haine's resolution that both her and Hizuru aren't friends, but enemies.

Back in real time with the 6th loop, while Shiori with Shide conversing how to keep Shinpei running on his loops to drain him out, both Shinpei and Hizuru confide is getting their manpower to use the Shadow's strategies against them, and with Ushio's pseudo-looping, keeps everyone in check into understanding. And Shinpei as the de facto leader, this plan must go like clockwork to stop the Shadows, even if they have to force playing into Haine's hands to exterminate them once and for all.

Too bad...when Haine caught onto Nezu, the loop's into effect. This loop's gonna be more convoluted...
Jul 17, 2022 7:55 AM

Feb 2013
Its strange that Ryuunoske's data bounced off of Haine and entered Hizuru. Like how does that even happen and why did it happen in that situation?? At the same, time Haine's eye fell out. Not really sure why that happened either. After seeing this I'm wondering if maybe there is a way for humans to use the shadows to copy data and insert it into humans for special abilities. Hizuru obviously gained some super powers after that incident.
Its's crazy that Shinpei is already is looping again. Part of me thinks he might do something crazy like cut off his arm so he won't be marked anymore.
A lot of questions but still a great episode!
Jul 17, 2022 9:11 AM
Apr 2022
killing off shinpei asap is a good strat, and that instant kill with a sniper rifle? *chef's kiss*. the shadow is a pro gamer.
Jul 17, 2022 9:11 AM

Jun 2021
We’re finally getting an origin story for Nagumo/Ryuunosuke and old man Nezu.

So the big four eyed bastard (apparently greed incarnate??) was in control in the past and not Haine? This version of her is a lot less aggressive and more like an actual kid. Haine must have had quite a traumatic origin story. It looks like the human Haine suffered from famine and her family all perished? This hunger seems to have driven her mad.

I guess when Ryuunosuke was copied and Heine’s eye popped out, the shadow imprinted onto Nagumo? I’m still not quite clear what happened there. But this news about Shinpei’s loops is pretty big. If these loop times keep shrinking, he can’t keep going back. He’s got to be more strategic and cautious. Ushio’s ability to share memories so everyone can sort of experience the loops is going to be quite useful to that end. I’m glad the whole gang is caught up finally. Surprised Tokiko joined them considering she worked with the shadows the last loop. Everyone’s finally ready to kick ass!

Aaaand just like that everyone fucking died in a blink of an eye lol. Haine and the big fucker are onto them. If they’re gonna take the fight to them, they gotta move hard and fast especially since Heine can loop too. I really have no idea how the gang’s gonna get themselves out of this one.
Jul 17, 2022 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
Meanwhile, in the forest: BOOM, HEADSHOT!
Jul 17, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2020
did shinpei get sniped at the end?

Jul 17, 2022 9:55 AM
May 2019
my only question is WHAT JUST HAPPENED?????
I'M SO CONFUSED 😱😱😱
Jul 17, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2020
Really terrible episode...

Poorly drawn, audio not lined up with mouths... sad to see the show going down hill.
Jul 17, 2022 11:33 AM

Nov 2012
Slick-Sama said:
Really terrible episode...

Poorly drawn, audio not lined up with mouths... sad to see the show going down hill.

You watched a crap copy. Try another server or site.
Jul 17, 2022 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
For someone looping thru time and jumping memories Shinpei is extremely unobservant! How has he not recognized his time is shortening? He's getting warnings that something is about to happen and he ignores them. Actually, when he learned the mark was a tracker, he should've had Ryuonoske or the Hunter chop his arm off, waited as long as possible, died, and looped back with 2 arms. He needs to be unaware of all plans so the shadows don't know.
Jul 17, 2022 11:58 AM
Jan 2018
Since when Summertime Render switched from Studio OLM to Studio Deen? Because the animation in this episode was particularly terrible.
Jul 17, 2022 12:21 PM

Sep 2017
Oh man. I was expecting to see Mio's brains splatter across the gym and panic to ensure as we've seen before but instead they just blew Shinpei's brains out and made him loop again. At least that's what they want you to think... but it is a little strange given how Shinpei was not even aware that he died. Normally he is very conscious in that floating through time sequence. Not showing the viewer is one thing, but Shinpei didn't even know how he died. Pretty suspect. You would think Shinpei would be getting better at looping rather than getting to the point where he doesn't even remember how he died.
Jul 17, 2022 12:22 PM

Aug 2018
Redo_Waito said:
Yeah that was weird, like a bad dub
Jul 17, 2022 12:23 PM

May 2018
Damn he just died at the end without noticing. I feel the shadows are more tactical side

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jul 17, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 2020
I’m curious to know- which do most people prefer old op and ed vs the new op and ed? (I really miss the old ones but may be I just need more time to warm up to the new ones)
Jul 17, 2022 3:08 PM
Jun 2020
I do not like the new opening.

Personally, the music is fine. However, the visuals make it seem too generic. I personally preferred the previous opening, especially in terms of visuals.

Once again the new opening just feels too much like a generic anime opening.
Jul 17, 2022 3:53 PM

Feb 2018
The amount of idiotic takes on this show are bordering on YouTube comment levels of stupidity.
Jul 17, 2022 7:43 PM

Aug 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
People when the lowest quality episode is one that is a large majority just talking: 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Doesn’t take you more than 20 IQ to know that they spent less time polishing this episode so that the future episodes look better. It’s noticeable sure, but the crybabies in the comments clowning on any sort of downgrade is nuts. Makes me wonder if they’ve seen more than 2 anime that aren’t JJK and Demon Slayer.
Okay are people not supposed to talk about it then? Plenty of shows take permanent nosedives btw so idk why you're so confident
Jul 17, 2022 7:56 PM

May 2016
Damn this show is so good.

Also Why is the girl who has the squinty eyes there? I thought she was a bad guy?
And why did Haine's eyeball pop out of her socket?

And why do they keep saying YA and YER?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

152 by infring »»
Jun 19, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

476 by DynaXam »»
Jun 11, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.