Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, the reunion and peace return to the city. Honestly, it's been too long and this journey has been a painful one.

Just glad to see everyone doing well in the present timeline. Shinpei and Ushio managed to get one last time together, like the old days. A fitting finale if you ask me.

Jun 2019
What can I say about Summertime Rendering? A show that shouldn't have been this underrated. I like to imagine that this would've been the talk of the town if it was not stuck in the Disney Jail but whatever I guess. The damage has already been done. And, it's Daddy Disney. But, a good thing was that this show didn't disappoint at all. I started watching late when around 17 episodes were already out but caught up really quickly.

Really impressed me with the animation, action sequences, thriller and shocking moments, and the execution overall. And, the OSTs were immaculate as well. OLM did a great job with this one, tho half of the episodes were outsourced, but that doesn't matter since the result was very good in the end. Great show. Gonna miss it.

Ushio and Shinpei re-united. I'm happy for him and everyone. Never thought I'd see them in peace. LOL. Best girl, Hizuru. Kaika is too goated of an ED. I like the second one but the first one is just something else. Holy... And, the fireworks were pretty.

Jul 2017
So, Shinpei finally makes it back to the very beginning of the incidient, only that he now knows the people whom he has liaised with like Hizuru (which she has come to be known as Ryuunosuke Nagumo), and everyone is alive and well without any Shadow interference.

As the new normal, everday life returns to Hitogashima, and Shinpei feels relieved. Everyone preps for the summer festival coming up, even the priest head Karakiri. But to Shinpei, the person that he so longed to see is Ushio, whom she has called him back to the island after leaving for Tokyo. The memories from the dream enclosed within the small seashell pendant, it's a gift to always remember the past.

The chat with Hizuru and Shinpei about the memory cognition about Haine and the rest (it's funny to think that Ryuunosuke's daughter is also called Haine), and as a fan of Hizuru's books, Shinpei's story is set to be her newest work. The summer festival arrives as intended, but without the fear of Shadows, Shu courting Mio once more, Hizuru's newest work appropriately named after the show, and both Shinpei and Ushio remembering their promise while truly being back home.

The final episode being the final manga chapter (plus anime-original scenes) serving as the epilogue is the icing on the cake for such an esteemed series like this. Thank you, OLM Team Kojima and mangaka Yasuki Tanaka for such a wild ride these past 6 months.
KANLen09Sep 30, 2022 7:21 PM

May 2020
Since, now that the whale never existed in the first place, Haine didn't become a shadow and so the island never got infected with the "shadow sickness", the root problem of practically everything we've had in this series. So what does it mean? Nothing just that the tears you shed thinking you won't see a particular character again, were for nothing.

Episode started with Shinpei returning back to the island, with Mio welcoming him in that familiar fashion, or that's what Shinpei thought would happen but no failed brakes this time, cuz remember.. no shadows. Meeting everyone, meeting Ushio who of course wasn't in her school swimsuit attire like this whole time. Sweet moment there, was overdue too atleast from Ushio’s perspective.

I had a feeling we'll see everyone together and indeed we did. Haine being Ryuunosuke's daughter got me chuckle a bit but okay, after all the author did try his best to dig the happiest ending ever, a "good" one in his eyes atleast.

Show had an outstanding start, but then we went from solving mysteries to standard battle shounen stuff, and then finally to the point where everything started feeling so convoluted. Though anyways happens with most of the shows, and this wasn't an exception either.

Watching this over the past half dozen months was truly an experience, really making me appreciate the work of OLM more and more, as quality for the most part never witnessed a dip of any sort.
Sep 29, 2022 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Finally, Shinpei and Ushio are reunited.
Sep 29, 2022 8:30 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Overall a very happy ending, I can't say I am disappointed they undid all the deaths, even though it kinda cheapens certain sacrifices I think the way they handed the time travel stuff and dealt with the shadows at the source was nice.
Sep 29, 2022 9:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
To be frankly honest, I think it ended a little too nicely for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I'm very satisfied in the sense that the characters got their happy endings and whatnot, but that rendered the time travel and sacrifice aspect quite a bit so I'm a little bummed by that.

Ushio spreading the word of Shinpei's return but trying to keep up her cold game in front of him by addressing him as "Ajiro" was kind of funny and endearing at the same time. Add the ED 2 theme song in the background and the fireworks from the matsuri scene, and what else could I ask for lol? It was nice to see Sou-kun take his chances too, credits to him for mustering up the courage to do so. Seeing Ryounosuke become a full-fledged adult and have a daughter named Haine shook me for a sec but thankfully there wasn't any deep meaning behind it (or at least what I'd in mind). I was surprised to see someone resembling Karikiri-san though, is that like a grandson who looks awfully like his grandfather or something? Don't think he could've survived that long, otherwise.

Regardless, it was an enjoyable 6 months of viewing. I watched the entirety of Deen's Higurashi adaption in Summer '20 and I was very impressed with that. Didn't think there'd be something similar to it airing in modern times, so it was a plus in that aspect too. Some of the early and mid episodes of this show were easy 9/10 quality though. Got to thank the wonderful staff and everyone working behind the scenes for making this experience a reality in animated form.

Solid 8/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2017
A complete happy end, I was surprised when I saw how it ended back when the final chapter dropped but I was happy that they got their well deserved happy end. Earlier part of the show is easily out there among the best and overall a really good watch. Love it and Hizuru best girl.

Also there's a spinoff sequel manga to this series. I wonder if it'll get adapted as an ova or something.
Sep 29, 2022 9:39 AM

Apr 2018
A complete happy end, I was surprised when I saw how it ended back when the final chapter dropped but I was happy that they got their well deserved happy end. Earlier part of the show is easily out there among the best and overall a really good watch. Love it and Hizuru best girl.

Also there's a spinoff sequel manga to this series. I wonder if it'll get adapted as an ova or something.

Besides, there is a novel that will be released soon that will be a sequel to the manga spin-off.
Maybe there's a way after a lot of novel/manga releases about this period of 2026, that we'll have a kind of season 2 in anime that adapts it (but that doesn't concern the time travel this time ^^).

I have the impression that the author wants to make Hizuru become the new agatha christie/hercule poirot/BenoitBlanc of the mystery-paranormal Japanese with the characters of the original series who gravitate from time to time according to the stories (all independent between them) and Haine as sidekick.

It could give a very cool universe.
YumekuaSep 29, 2022 9:45 AM
Sep 29, 2022 11:03 AM
Mar 2022
hey where did episode 25 got uploaded

I can't find it anywhere

plz tell😥🥺

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Sep 29, 2022 11:07 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Levi_Heichou102 said:

I can't find it anywhere

plz tell😥🥺

I watched it on a discord stream in Japanese, it's not available in Eng Sub yet.
Sep 29, 2022 11:21 AM
Mar 2022
ACasualViewer said:
Levi_Heichou102 said:

I can't find it anywhere

plz tell😥🥺

I watched it on a discord stream in Japanese, it's not available in Eng Sub yet.

ok

that's what I thought? the eng subbed ones are coming tomorrow I mean on 30th sept according my country time and date

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Sep 29, 2022 12:03 PM
Aug 2013
From 10/10 to 9/10 ... I hated the final fight.
Going to the realm of shadows was so random, and suddenly Ushio was able to go to the past and change it ...

Still I wouldn't say it was so bad ..
Sep 29, 2022 12:43 PM
Dec 2021
where the hell are you guys even watching it? well not that it matters now since its already over and the new ep will be available by tomorrow...
Sep 29, 2022 1:32 PM

Dec 2010
OLM really hit it home with this adaptation. Beautiful art and smooth animation from start to finish, with an interesting story and good direction. If only all adaptations would be half as good as this one. The only bad decision would probably be censoring the nudity, but that's really the only thing I can think of. Straight 9/10 from me.
Sep 29, 2022 1:47 PM
Jul 2022
Man you guys are lucky. I have to wait till tomorrow. I won't be reading any comments because I don't wanna get spoiled. Hope the last ep is good.
Sep 29, 2022 2:51 PM

Feb 2019
Man what a journey. Easily anime of the year.

After 5 months it’s so nice to see everyone happy and healthy. A nice wholesome slice of life episode where everyone is living in peace is exactly what these kids deserved after 24 eps of death and hell. Hizuru being alive and well and writing a book about the events of the anime was awesome. The episode where she died had me so hurt lol.

Literally the only person who got a bad ending was evil Shide, love to see it. It even seems like Haine’s spirit is inside Ryu’s daughter. I would have liked to have seen Nezu at the end too, but overall solid finale.

I didn’t agree with Shinpei’s choice in girl but meh, story was good enough for me to overlook it. Really going to miss this show, Thursdays won’t hit the same without it. Will def be asking Santa for the Manga Collector’s edition.
Marinate1016Sep 29, 2022 2:57 PM
Sep 29, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2021
A fitting warm end to this gripping mystery. It's by far the most weird part of the anime, being so free of danger in the shadows.

10/10 loved this anime for 25 weeks in a row
Sep 29, 2022 3:51 PM

May 2019
"I'm getting huge déjà vu." Well no shit, I'm getting the same thing too, and neither does it feel good.

Guess it looks like the subbing groups were on faster for this last episode than previously; I mean it is a special occasion, but it's only now that this happens. Anyways, seeing how the opening scenes for episode 25 were carbon copies of episode 1 with specific tweaks as a result of the new altered timeline, it feels weird being able to differentiate between what makes the two different (ex: knowing Nagumo-sensei's name right on the boat & Mio's brakes working at the docks). On the other hand, it's funny how Shinpei has lingering feelings of the whole Shadow debacle—literally the whole premise of the series—in his subconscious whenever there's inner monologuing. But since all of that never happened in this new timeline, it feels like your normal summer SOL or light-hearted romcom anime that still makes you harbor feelings for it long after it's finished airing (I'm not so sure if the genre relations are accurate, but whatever).

To be honest, I've never really appreciated the reason for needing an ED2 as the original one was rather nice, but only until it was played softly in the background of Shinpei & Ushio's dialogue since last episode did it affect me much more. However, if you're able to read the fan-translated English lyrics of the song, it rather speaks of Ushio's character, especially of her being a tsundere. Conversely, and on an unrelated note, it feels weird seeing a more carefree Nagumo-sensei when she was drunk at the festival working on her "Summertime Render" draft.

Overall, I have great respect and admiration for this series, but all the while this leaves a gaping hole in my soul by how much I was greatly impacted by it. In retrospect, there were obviously some points where the series didn't deliver as much as I would have wanted, but nonetheless it was a great progression of events and plotline. And now that a new original story game is planned for 2023年1月26日, you'll be able to playing along with the series.
As for me, I'll surely give this a straight 10/10 and huge thanks to the production team for adapting such a wonderful series that, frankly, I never knew of in the first place. I'm seriously going to miss this until another series comes around that has similar vibes.

"Time has overwritten summer. With its passing I'm relieved, but also pained and lonely..."
Sep 29, 2022 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
Greatest of all time. Zenith of the medium. Hallmark of media. Gold standard of storytelling. Apogee of creativity. Vertex of invention. Crest of ingenuity. Acme of imagination. Pinnacle of innovation. Epic of epics. Legend among legends. Peak fiction.
Sep 29, 2022 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
What a dogshit ending. Thanks a lot
Sep 29, 2022 4:37 PM
Jan 2019
A perfect episode.
Sep 29, 2022 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
A feel good ending, I wasn't expecting that to be honest.

Not gonna lie, I lost count of how many times I lost and regained interest in this show. I had a hard time connecting with characters except for Hizuru and Ryuunosuke, so I'm glad they had their happy ending... But, yeah.
Sep 29, 2022 4:53 PM
Dec 2020
Where can I watch it? Struggling to find episode 25 I only have 24
Sep 29, 2022 4:57 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode and show. Mantained consistency throughout 2 seasons which is a big plus nowadays.

9/10
Oh god who are you people?
Sep 29, 2022 5:09 PM

Oct 2018
Was this final episode really needed? Well, I had my good share of fun watching this show, Ushio was a good waifu, that's all, see ya Summertime.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Sep 29, 2022 5:10 PM

Jan 2018
From 10/10 to 1/10, this might be the first anime to do it for me, holy shit
Sep 29, 2022 5:30 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end where we began, with the two finding each other. Sniff...so beautiful.

Seriously what a delightfully uplifting epilogue. Almost felt like the end of It's a Wonderful Life or Back to the Future. This series was pretty damn outstanding all around. I deeply enjoyed just about everything about it. The story, the characters, etc... Strong contender for anime of the year for me. Strong 9/10
Sep 29, 2022 5:31 PM
Aug 2021
L anime + ratio + fell off. 5/10.

CQLLIST said:
😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

Callista!!! I really miss you, love
StaciasSep 29, 2022 10:48 PM
Sep 29, 2022 5:41 PM

Feb 2017
good episode & satisfying close to the show, but i was expecting there to be more (more of what exactly, i don't know). felt like a typical fairy tale ending where everyone lives happily ever after. not that i have a problem with the ending, i like a happy ending. it just fellllt like something was missing?

kinda crazy to see karikiri as an old man. especially nice to see ryuu grown up and with his own family :)

this series would make a good visual novel, i'd love to see multiple endings as well

placeholder text
Sep 29, 2022 5:54 PM
Aug 2022
The beach scene really felt like they were about to marry each other, during that scene and the fireworks the art looked rlly amazing. One thing that bothered me tho was Ryuunosuke's voice as an adult, he sounded really unnaturally deep like e.g Serinuma from Kiss him not me before she lost that weight. lol
Sep 29, 2022 6:11 PM

Apr 2015
I'm going to miss watching this anime.
Sep 29, 2022 6:31 PM

Jan 2021
I mean, the ending wasn’t bad but it kinda felt out of place. Everybody is alive, but why? Hizuru’s death completely lost its weight. It felt cheap, like the ending of Higurashi Sotsu, although not as bad. Welp, 5/10
SpicelitOct 29, 2022 8:00 AM
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 29, 2022 6:44 PM

Dec 2021
As a manga reader, this adaptation did justice. Sure it was a very long ride and the painful feeling of waiting for the next episode every week but it finally reached the happy ending with Ushio and Shinpei reuniting at the beach with the fireworks.

Having a manga or LN adaptation with 25 episodes in a single run nowadays is a rare thing. It did really follow the manga well and had some sweet touch of Ushio celebrating her birthday at the end.
Sep 29, 2022 6:54 PM
Sep 2020
they didnt kiss so i gave it a 3 star cause they didnt kiss
Sep 29, 2022 7:04 PM

Nov 2011
with the amount of fucking chaos they gave us each and every week it was nice to get a slice of life episode/finale.

So I guess Hizuru is going to profit off the alternate timeline lol. Nice

I think there were a few plot holes throughout the series, nothing major but still some.

8.5/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 29, 2022 7:06 PM

Apr 2018
I was holding my breath the entire time hoping that nothing bat shiet crazy will happen... Glad that it's actually a happy ending! Although I am a bit sad that Ushio and Shinpei didn't kiss, it was nice to see them happy together; I lowkey ship the Shadow Ushio and Shinpei though LOL. I wonder what was Mio's answer to the confession...

9.5/10
Sep 29, 2022 7:08 PM

Jul 2021
It fell off for me in the mids of the 15th episode though my whole grudge, in general, would be what's being presented in terms of the themes and use of time traveling techniques but the ending is a satisfying one.

Stacias said:
L anime + ratio + fell off. 5/10.

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 29, 2022 7:13 PM

Feb 2021
So it's one of those "it was all just a dream" finales, though in this case it was a parallel world that turned into a dream.

Pretty good finale, I liked how chill it was one the last few episodes where pure chaos.
But since the Shadows don't exist, then how come Shinpei's parents still be dead?

Well it was an 8/10 show, having to rely on incosistent fansubs kinda ruined the experience for me.
Sep 29, 2022 7:33 PM

May 2021
It's so appropriate that a Disney anime has a Disney ending.

Sep 29, 2022 7:34 PM
Mar 2015
he returned to the island to find everyone still alive Only he and Ushio have a dream which they don't remember until they recall the promise and the fireworks go off Ryu is alive and Haine is his daughter. He meets the writer on the boat and he tells her his story with a title drop of Summer Time Rendering
Sep 29, 2022 8:05 PM
Sep 2022
Spicelit said:
I mean, the ending wasn’t bad but it kinda felt out of place. Everybody is alive, but why? Hizuru’s death completely lost its weight. It felt cheap, like the ending of Higurashi Sotsu, although not as bad. Welp, 6 or 7/10

Here you are again, and now I understand why you don't like it that much. You really didn't understand what happened. The purpose of Hizuru's death is to move forward and end hiruko. And they were able to fulfill her death's purpose so it didn't lose its weight. Everybody is alive as they were able to erase the existence of hiruko from the very beginning, thus, a butterfly effect happened and changes were seen in the present. No one died as shadows didn't exist anymore. It's completely logical.
Sep 29, 2022 8:08 PM
Sep 2022
RioFS said:
It's so appropriate that a Disney anime has a Disney ending.

One disney episode over 24 non-disney episodes is very satisfying
Sep 29, 2022 8:08 PM
Apr 2022
It's nice to have a chill episode after everything that has happened. That ending scene though hit different.
Sep 29, 2022 8:13 PM

Jan 2016
Boobsftw said:
The show's quality definitely declined, but I'm never going to understand people like you who think that a show that's 10/10 in part can finish as a 1/10. If you think it was a 10/10 for even a quarter, you should at least be giving it a 2 or a 3 lmao. You need to factor in all parts of a series, not just its ending (although the ending does hold a bit more relative weight ofc).
Sep 29, 2022 8:21 PM

Jan 2018
k0rvus said:
Boobsftw said:
The show's quality definitely declined, but I'm never going to understand people like you who think that a show that's 10/10 in part can finish as a 1/10. If you think it was a 10/10 for even a quarter, you should at least be giving it a 2 or a 3 lmao. You need to factor in all parts of a series, not just its ending (although the ending does hold a bit more relative weight ofc).

Say I give the first ep a 10 and all other eps a 1, the overall score would be 1, do the math
Sep 29, 2022 8:24 PM

Feb 2014
First of all, I absolutely hate the chapter counter, which now seems to rate it as it increases, and I inadvertently gave it a 3 when I was going to give it a 5.

Second, one of the best animes out there has ended.

I have only found 2 errors (or at least create controversy):

If Haine and Shide didn't kill Shinpei's parents, why did he end up in Ushio's family? If Shinpei didn't know Hizuru, how did he meet his brother Ryunosuke to make it look like he knew him at the bar?

The first doubt can be resolved in the sense that if it wasn't Haine or Shide, they died at that moment of something else (drowning in the sea?), but they don't make it clear and it leads to a terrible plot hole. In any case, as I said, there may be a way out, it is not something that you look at how you look at it, there is no way out.

The second question may be because Ryunosuke stayed on the island and met Shinpei before going to Tokyo.

In short, every living being should see this work of art. I'm going to try to figure out how to repair this sentimental void.
Sep 29, 2022 8:25 PM
Aug 2020
NTgamer007 said:
Since shadows never existed, wouldn’t Shinpei’s parents still be alive now, or am I missing something?

They are still alive. Shinpei texted his mom that he was heading back to the island, and she said they’re away at a conference and wouldn’t be back till the next day.
Sep 29, 2022 8:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So no one has any concrete memories of the ordeal that they all just survived, other than these "dreams". Although if I'm not mistaken, just remembering the takoyaki promise triggered all their memories to come flowing back to them. Ushio says "welcome back" after all. Anyhow, I hope that they both at least remembered something. It would feel kind of odd if they all had to relentlessly endure over twenty episodes of turmoil and pain just to have it all be forgotten.

Was debating to give this a 7 or 8 constantly while watching this series- was feeling more of a 7 as of these last few episodes. But this was a really nice episode to end it all off. Made me remember all of its strengths and highlights. This definitely needs a re-watch someday. No doubt it will hit even harder then just watching it straight through.

8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 29, 2022 8:27 PM
Jun 2015
Omg, what an incredible ride Summer time Render has took me on. Absolutely thought its a great contender for AOTY!
Unfortunately, I think the last episode is the weakest episode of the bunch. Not sure why, but when time-travel is involved, [author] you do not get to mess with causality! If Shinpei's parents survive through the events that transpire, then Shinpei will have to be a different character, he does not get to have all the same events happen the same as when the first episode began. The last episode tries to write this off as parallel worlds or memories, I call this poor plot writing.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Spoilers] So how did Ushio get... ?

SabreDrago - Sep 23, 2022

25 by Cyrose »»
Apr 23, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

339 by Humaneky »»
Apr 20, 7:29 AM

» Ushiro and Shinpei

janayoo - Apr 5

10 by aniart_nation »»
Apr 10, 5:43 PM

» One of The Best Anime I've seen in along time ( 1 2 )

Californiaa - Sep 16, 2023

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 2, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

121 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 17, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.