Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2021 9:24 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The journey to solve the mystery of the stone continues.

God, I'd swear that Fena and Yukimaru's relationship is quite the charm though. Fena wanting to learn to pick up swordsmanship skills to protect Yukimaru, but her getting played by Shitan is quite the hilarity though. He can be a prick sometimes, but when it comes to it, he can deliver with the help of the Goblin Hunters.

Going into Idar-Oberstein, and Arya is such an adulterous beauty to lend her aid. Some men like Yukimaru are oblivious to women's tactics though, and Fena feels the crunch from the rest telling fantasies to her head. The part of the stone being made in Idar-Oberstein is true, and the appraisal from the Burgermeister tells an interesting story: it wasn't made but bought from someone, and the client...is Jeanne of Arc, one of many high-profile names. The problem being of the stone's manufactured year in 1436, 5 years after she was burned on the stake, and commissioned by herself.

The first of many mysteries solved, but it beckons the question: Fena has heard it before, the words "la Pucelle" which rings in her memories. And this is linked back to the mercenary group trying to steal her back, which its leader has some fascination of her.
KANLen09Aug 28, 2021 9:27 PM
Aug 28, 2021 9:30 PM

Feb 2021
It was nice seeing them try to train Fena and she ultimately failing at it.

So it seems that the stone is related to Joan of arc, well never expected an anime to have a story related to that.

And that blonde guy seems to have some secret motives behind his actions in chasing Fena.
Aug 28, 2021 9:43 PM

Mar 2008
Fena training was cute. Yukimaru didn't understand what Shitan was saying about Arya wanting to sleep with him. Fena getting jealous was great too. xD Wasn't expecting the glass to be related to Jeanne d'Arc. This is getting really good.
Aug 28, 2021 10:04 PM

Mar 2014
Guess this series is gonna take a turn down the "magical destiny" route, based on that dream.

Interesting that they're adding Jeanne d'Arc to the mystery. Really wish Fena's big brother wasn't creeping on that portrait of what I presume to be his great-grandmother... who looks just like Fena. Not liking the flags that raised
Aug 28, 2021 10:16 PM

Jun 2021
So it seems Fena is a descendant of Joan of Arc, or perhaps Joan of Arc herself, depending on how mystical this show gets.

But, honestly, I feel like the more realistic reaction to seeing Joan of Arc's name in that record book would be to believe it was someone else just using her name. (Obviously, that's not the case because of plot reasons). But, people do that all the time in real life, it's one of the reasons why there were so many conspiracy theories about Elvis still being alive.
Aug 28, 2021 10:16 PM

Jul 2011
Im kinda sad that is the real world map, but at same time is good, because you can make a a tourism route .Now is know if the route can still be made by boat.

So we are going with the conspiracy that Jeanne faked her death by putting a look-a-like in her place? And Fena is her descendant ?
Nothing against it, but just to speculate what can be important after 300(?) years.
Aug 28, 2021 10:32 PM
Jun 2020
Interesting episode. Could Fena be a descendant of Saint Joan of Arc?
Aug 28, 2021 10:41 PM
Jun 2020
Another very good episode, the quality of the animation has not declined at any time, the story continues to move at a good pace and above all is very enjoyable, I loved this episode in general, especially the scenes of Fena wanting to learn the art of different forms of combat, and I would like to see the next episode :D

P.S: Yui Ishikawa is the VA of the girl we met in this episode, I think her name was Arya if I remember correctly.
Aug 28, 2021 10:49 PM

Jun 2019
Fena and Yukimaru still fight among each other like little kids. Fena wants to learn how to use a weapon. Everyone rejected her, so it's up to Shitan to teach her that. She's so clumsy in that but that's so cute. She's so adorable. In the end, everyone ended up teaching her different things. LOL

Yukimaru talking to Arya made Fena jealous and the twins made it even funnier. Looks like the mystery around the stone is being unfolded slowly but surely. We got some clues from this episode.
Aug 28, 2021 11:53 PM

Sep 2020
Another great episode, it was fun seeing them all try to train Fena, Karin getting mad at her for being late so she could train her was especially funny and I like Yukimaru making her some rice balls, it was sweet.

Joan of arc is a interesting character to have in this show.

Every episode just goes by so fast too. I can't wait for the next one.

Aug 29, 2021 12:02 AM

Jan 2021
I don't know why, but even if the training seems useless, I have a feeling that it will be of some use to Fena in the future... 0.0

Heh watch out Fena, the competition is tough heheh
I got chills when I heard the date of La Pucelle's death and the date of the stone's creation -.-

Ok episode. I'm still not used to the comedy and animation, but overall, it's ok
Aug 29, 2021 1:42 AM

Jan 2020
One episode a week of this show isn't enough at all for me. Never a dull moment watching this. I wonder if La Pucelle is Fena's mother and how they're related to that guy? He keeps tracking her without really making a move, except for last week's episode.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 29, 2021 1:50 AM

Jan 2009
seems Fena is a descendant of Joan of Arc

and Arya is an Ara Ara type of woman and im not gonna be surprise if she is the tracker (or informant) of the enemy
Aug 29, 2021 2:06 AM
Nov 2019
the only thing i have to say is this show has very good facial reactions and music choices
Aug 29, 2021 2:35 AM

Feb 2019
Another really good episode, Fena teasing Yukimaru was cute, but she better make her move before someone else snatches him up.

So are they implying Fena is somehow a reincarnation of Jeanne D’arc?

Adult swim/crunchyroll did a great job with this one.
Aug 29, 2021 2:43 AM

Apr 2014
Ahhhh! Jeanne d'Arc. Fena could be Jeanne d'Arc's descendent. And the one who was burned, also, was not the real Jeanne d'Arc.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 29, 2021 4:16 AM

Apr 2015
I am hooked at this point. I love me some good adventure shows and this seems to be right up there.

The moment they arrived in Germany and they meet the blond girl with blueeyes, I had to think of the Aryan race and then her name is Arya... that can't be a coincidence right???

Was nice to see the reference of some big shots throughout history, Da Vinci, Colombus but most important Jeanne d'Arc. There is some connection between Jeanne d'Arc and Fena, I wonder if they could be related in some way. Interesting development!
Aug 29, 2021 4:44 AM

Dec 2015
Liked the episode. The text in the book was German and not some random stuff but stuff that actually made sense. (So I saw the thing about France before the guy said it and it was in the subs.)

My guess is that Fena is a descendant of of Jeanne d'Arc? Don't know the time this anime is set in. But at least after 14xx and the dates mentiond there ... and the stone seems to be from the past so it must be set later.

I think someone used the name of Jeanne d'Arc. Someone related to her (taking care of her child) ... and the child later grew up but the stone went to other people.
Aug 29, 2021 4:46 AM

Oct 2019
another interesting episode, seems fena is a descendant of Joan of Arc maybe that’s why the blonde guy chasing her.
to0ha_Aug 29, 2021 4:55 AM
Aug 29, 2021 6:54 AM

Feb 2014
Oh boy, turns out this show is gonna revolve around the Witch of Orleans. Any story with the Saint seems to be magical and enigmatic.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 29, 2021 7:55 AM

Oct 2020
Hey, we got to see a bit of Fena training, and well, she sucks. Hmm, Jeanne d'Arc comes into the picture. It looks like Fena is related to Jeanne d'Arc, interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2021 8:14 AM

Nov 2016
Seeing Arya, Fena must've regretted to cut her hair. Good thing Yukimaru didn't know "the way".

This was such a nice episode, especially the lighthearted journey. This show is so much better without too many whimsical tone shifts.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 2021 9:28 AM

Oct 2016
Another really great episode! Really loving this a lot so far, especially the cast.

Fena training was so fun. All of them rejected her at first, and then slowly each one of them started training her as well, it's sweet. Poor Karin got blasted in the face though lmao.

It was also nice to know more about Shitan, he just wants to be able to protect Yukimaru as well and not be the one saved all the time.

Damn, Arya is a baddie, good thing Yukimaru is a dense tsundere. It was really adorable to see Fena all jealous.

The plot thickens. La Pucelle d’Orléans or Jeanne d'Arc or Joan of Arc was the one that brought the glass cube thing to Dresden. Blonde dude caressing that image of Jeanne d'Arc was mad sus. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 29, 2021 10:06 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the stone was actually brought to Idar-Oberstein and had it commissioned by someone claimed to be Joan of Arc since the stone was made five years she was burned at the stake. The real revelation is that the person who signed the stone into Idar-Oberstein records used the name "La Pucelle" as that name resonated with Fena as if someone she knew called her by that name. Meanwhile, the British captain seems to be obsessed with finding Fena which is part of the reason why he hired a group of pirates to find her.
Aug 29, 2021 11:10 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Everything was on point this episode on the technical side of things and the plot itself is moving at a nice enough pace. At first, I was thrown off by the calmness of this episode, but it gave time for the characters to shine and is nicely setting up the tone.

We are being given little bits of the puzzle this episode, though each answer just gives us ten more questions. Hopefully, the anime will provide satisfactory answers to all of them by the end of its run.

Aug 29, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2018
A plot-moving episode but the mysteries are building up quickly.
The first 3 episodes were probably a bit off for some people but it was most likely to get used to the characters and the world itself. Aside from that, I'm really enjoying this show.

A quick adventure to the place where the stone possibly was made, Libar-Oberstein.
The training was pretty hilarious. It didn't really go well for Fena.

TAfter arriving at the island, Yukimaru and the rest are trying to get information about the stone and they managed to learn where the stone is from thanks to Arya, another hot lady. A shocked face from the old man made the rest curious.

The stone originated from France in the year 1436 (we still don't know what year Fena is in) but the client name is the thing that made the old man shocked.
La Pucella d'Orléans, a royal-like name. And Fena is probably related to her. And of course, Abel is after Pucella/Fena. Everything is connected to each other.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 29, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2017
Still not much into the actual characters and interactions (particularly the comedic ones), but this episode at least felt more interesting to watch than the first three for its mysteries in the short and long term for the series. I'd say among the four episodes, this is probably the best one so far. Will hope to see more significant improvement throughout the series over time. Particularly with Fena herself, she's not really that interesting and more annoying I have to say. Sure she does try to grow and develop as a person to become stronger but idk, something about her interactions just doesn't click with me. Probably the comedic tone of them's pretty poor.
Aug 29, 2021 1:27 PM

Feb 2007
Well, that brought up more questions than it answered...
Aug 29, 2021 2:06 PM
Sep 2018
My guess is that Fena is a descendant of Joan the Arc who was adopted/born in the Netherlands by the family Houtman.
IcogamerXC
Aug 29, 2021 3:31 PM

Jun 2019
Another good episode, there’s yet to be one that has disappointed. I like how it follows the classic adventure mystery formula while keeping a fun atmosphere with likable characters. It’s a nice change of pace from all the anime that take themselves so seriously.
Aug 29, 2021 4:39 PM

Nov 2011
Man this series becomes more and more interesting each week!

First I loved how they designed Germany. Very nice. Also I loved the training they had on the ship and how each one of them eventually came around to helping Fena out. I think my favorite is when she was trying Martial Arts lol.

Damn...now we working JOAN OF ARC into the story?!?!

Things are becoming more interesting now. Excited to see where this goes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 29, 2021 4:42 PM

Apr 2008
I want to like this more cause it feels like so long since I've seen a pure adventure series like this, but the character comedy is so bad. Keeping with it for now, but I'm not sure. Also what is with Japan and Joan of Arc? She shows up almost as often as Nobunaga.
Aug 29, 2021 8:52 PM

Sep 2015
Well the animation is stunning, I know that this anime is from the same Universe that we are in except for different adjustments to it, but where are Fena and the others located at exactly?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 30, 2021 6:12 AM

Aug 2020
When you watch a pirate anime , you are there for only one thing :

Pirate Waifuus

And so far we have struck gold .

Very impressed with the visuals and the care for consistency . Character expressions are the one thing that i always put on top priority , and so far the show has nailed it on that aspect . Every drawings has been very eloquent in showing what the character is thinking , tied to context .
Aug 30, 2021 1:56 PM

Feb 2015
Intresting they have stripped Fenas character right back. She basically acts and looks like a 15 year old boy at this stage.

I'm presuming they will build her back up as the series progresses but there is certainly work to do thier. Solid episode overall. Japans weird obsession with Joan of Arc continues.
Aug 30, 2021 9:24 PM
Mar 2012
Shitan such a trollol, but what shampoo he using seriously?
Libar/Idar-Oberstein looks gorgeous.
More Jeannes u say?
Aug 31, 2021 4:43 AM

Oct 2008
lolz "why not stay the night before you go?" -> looks like Arya just wants the "D" of Yukimaru! she's wild! and ERO!!!
5/5.

Aug 31, 2021 7:08 AM

Dec 2020
i will never get tired from saying how much i love this cast. god i really wish they'd have a manga because once this ends..... it Ends. i wont have anything to catch up to after it or anything like that just.. Poof.

So Erm. the glass rectangle thingy was made requested by a guy who's dead 5 years before it was made? maybe my guy commissioned it
Sep 1, 2021 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
oh mann .. this is so banger !! the mystery very very interesting !!
Sep 2, 2021 12:43 AM
Aug 2018
The opening scene was what I needed an underlaying dark entity laying about! It was great seeing everyone showing interests into Fena, that just means each character has their own way of expressing their characteristics towards that one character.

I honestly believe, they are going to have Fena to be this reincarnated version of Joan of arc or something along the lines she isn't who she believe she is. An empty vessel of something much more sinister and or powerful. Blonde hair pretty boy wants what Fena can be.
Sep 3, 2021 12:46 AM

Nov 2011
Bio said:
I want to like this more cause it feels like so long since I've seen a pure adventure series like this, but the character comedy is so bad. Keeping with it for now, but I'm not sure. Also what is with Japan and Joan of Arc? She shows up almost as often as Nobunaga.

If you ask non-French people to name one French medieval figure, Joan of Arc is the most common one. Add to this that she was a young woman, born a mere peasant girl, clad in armour, inspiring king and men on the battlefield during a series major conflicts between major powers, shrouded in mystery, miracles and religion, who died betrayed, and you get a popular character.
KyragosSep 3, 2021 12:58 AM
Sep 3, 2021 10:25 PM

Apr 2018
I wonder what that Guy wants to do with Fena and why he wants her. I was surprised the stone was related to Joanne Arc. This gets even more interesting.
Sep 4, 2021 7:24 PM

Mar 2009
Arya's really cute. The crew were being complete jerks to Fena the whole time, though, thinking Arya and Yukimaru were going to sleep together.
Sep 5, 2021 2:25 AM

May 2015
Arya is 10/10.

Fena training was a total failure. ;(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 6, 2021 9:17 PM

May 2021
Big plot twist this episode, that Fena is part of the extended nasuverse!
Pretty obvious that Fena is related to Joan of Arc in some way, and that dream at the beginning makes it even more clear.

This anime is pretty good so far but I am a little concerned because it's only slated for 12 episodes. It could easily do with more, judging by the direction the story is taking.
Sep 25, 2021 6:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Rpz Rouen 🥶🥶
So weird how they added Jeanne D'Arc in the story to be honest... it feels really out of place for a pirate adventure thing, and maybe that Fena is really related to her?? xD maybe she wasn't really "la pucelle"
Sep 30, 2021 6:32 PM
Oct 2019
there's no way someone is that oblivious to a pretty woman being all over them

so the military dude has the same necklace that fena wears, and calls her la pucelle. plus some sort of fake joan of arc death...
Oct 9, 2021 11:27 PM

Jul 2016
Boring episode until the last five or so minutes. So the crystal is related to Jeanne d'Arc, huh?
Nov 19, 2021 4:25 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I still wanna know what does Fena's big brother want from her.
Nov 20, 2021 6:44 PM

Feb 2018
Fena struggling to learn any weapon was funny. Also her being jealous of Yukimaru and Arya's interactions ^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LastLuminescence - Oct 23, 2021

155 by Alice103 »»
Sep 13, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

85 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

60 by Kami_Willis »»
Apr 30, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Sep 18, 2021

63 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2021

87 by Beqkixbecca »»
Jan 5, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.