Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2020 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Full episode is out now. I didn't expect much from this show but they did get the military-fantasy stuff part right. They even threw in a battle maid into the character roster.

Aliceliese's character introduction is probably imo the highlight of the episode and she stands out alot by her graceful features and beautiful look. Didn't expect to see her being so sensitive when she was watching that opera though..anyways, I'll keep expectations in check for now. Nothing too special yet but it seems to be on the right track for storytelling.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm more interested in seeing how the show plans to develop the world setting like with the Nebulis Sovereignty.
Stark700Oct 8, 2020 6:45 AM
Oct 7, 2020 8:00 AM

Jan 2014
Huh, lot of flashy magic on screen, and that ending lmao, bit priceless. Could be a fun series honestly. Really could be.

Characters seem quite nice, and the story isn't too bad so far, will keep up to date with it for sure. A forbidden magic love story, seems like real fun.
Oct 7, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
The virgin Kirito vs the chad Iska.

Nice first episode, love a good romance so I’m excited to see how this’ll play out. Really cute ending scene with Alice and Iska. The world is really interesting as well, the concept of magic meeting technology is always fun. Ordered the first few LNs yesterday too.
Marinate1016Oct 7, 2020 8:08 AM
Oct 7, 2020 8:07 AM

Apr 2020
So Iska and Alice, they both have the same goal, which is to stop the war, even though their methods are different.

Looks like Iska is very strong, I mean he's overpowered, and the battle scene was pretty good.
Oct 7, 2020 8:13 AM
Oct 2016
Time to see if Silver Link can really go four for four with their anime this year as Kimisen now begins in the Fall. Finally got to the last premiere of the season for myself. Enjoyed this one as I always like the idea of two people on the opposite sides of a conflict falling in love with each other. Our two leads here Iska and Alice both seem to want to end this hundred years war but through some slightly different means. Iska wanting to capture Alice, the Sovereignty most powerful witch, and Alice herself wanting go destroy all of the Empire's weapons. Iska definitely sees capturing her as his way to gain power and good favor back after the flashback we saw to start this premiere with him breaking that witch out of jail. Hope she comes back later too.

Poetic that Iska and Alice of course meet on the battlefield in this first episode as not only their introduction to each other but to us the audience. Iska is wicked using his two swords. Can just cut through their astral magic like butter with the dark blade then use his own astral magic with the lighter colored sword. Alice having the name ice calamity witch of course has some chilling ice magic that looked to stretch the entire battlefield frontlines. Couldn't have their first encounter habe a decisive winner since we're just getting started but funny how they meet up again at that opera house. Should make for interesting conversation since they both just tried to kill each other.
Oct 7, 2020 8:25 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well i liked this alot more than i expected

also, idk what the hell was the point of showing the PV when 14min is more than 1/2 the episode
Oct 7, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting first episode. So the two main characters are on the opposite side of the conflict.

That ending tho. That was funny.

Oct 7, 2020 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
It was OK... Romeo and Juliet in a twisted fantasy world. Let's see how it goes.

Oct 7, 2020 8:43 AM
Feb 2016
I think Iska is the most blatant Kirito clone we've ever gotten in an anime. Aside from the ahoge, cape and lighter skin tone, he looks EXACTLY like Alicization Kirito, complete with dual wielding and a similarly non-descript personality.

Also the exposition felt incredibly clunky (never use as you know in exposition) and there's a 22 year old loli because of course there is. Real innovative stuff, but could be a fun guilty pleasure.
Oct 7, 2020 8:44 AM

Sep 2019
I liked the character designs and animation was good. Everyhing else was a mix of generic action/romace anime, it felt like I saw this show many times before. I hope they can they can show us something special about this anime.
Oct 7, 2020 8:45 AM

Feb 2018
it all started from a handkerchief, I'm sure the ice girl has fallen in love.There is no problem in this anime, it's just that this broadcast time really bothers me.

Oct 7, 2020 8:54 AM

Oct 2017
Better than the pre air 14 mins, kinda changed my opinion a bit. Thou for now things look pretty normal. Hopefully this'll get better with more episodes.
Oct 7, 2020 9:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I see what kind of story it is xD well the characters seem interesting but story can be boring sometimes especially the action part which was meh, but for a first episode well I can say it was fine
Oct 7, 2020 9:10 AM

Jun 2013
The animation is great, i love both mc. A worth fantasy love story to me =))
Oct 7, 2020 9:15 AM

Dec 2015
Sigh.... *FACE PALM*

Guess I'll have to watch this since nothing else airs on Wednsday.
Oct 7, 2020 9:15 AM
Nov 2010
Lol, what's with the ending? XD This 1st episode has got me intrigued. I'll definitely be watching more of this anime.
Oct 7, 2020 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
Now this could be great. I really like the feel it has to it and the production in general is good. Looking forward to more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2020 9:20 AM

Jun 2019
I'm really looking forward to this anime. This could actually turn out to be a good anime. An okay first episode imo.
Oct 7, 2020 9:23 AM
May 2016
Soooo tropey, don't think I'll last long with it. Getting some Assassins Pride vibes from this.
MenchiK1Oct 7, 2020 9:36 AM
Oct 7, 2020 9:33 AM

Jul 2017
It was... a premiere. Not the worst one by any means but nothing memorable either. Iska and Aliceliese don't seem bad and do show moments of chemistry despite being on opposite sides kind of like a Romeo x Juliet situation but I don't find them charming just yet. And the story is just.... a story.

I didn't like the premiere but hopefully this can get better once Iska and Aliceliese's interactions get better. I don't have faith in the story but the interactions and character development could help a bit with this show.
Oct 7, 2020 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
A few instances of character chemistry and pretty nice action scenes but that’s about it that’s good for the show.
Oct 7, 2020 10:11 AM
Aug 2020
This is posing to be one of the best anime of fall 2020. Side note is it just me or do iska and alice give off a kirito and asuna vibe. If so then this would be an awesome anime probably similar to SAO Alicization.
Oct 7, 2020 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
I liked the animation and the fights, but the characters and plots so far feel really generic. I can already tell just by this episode that Iska and Alice will probably fight as enemies for a while before they end up in your average Romeo and Juliet romance, and the series will probably end with them somehow convincing both nations to stop fighting each other and agree on world peace.
Oct 7, 2020 11:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this certainly wasn't a bad start.

Action and some of the interactions were interesting but the story is kind of meh, as of now. I expected the plot to be similar to Shironeko Project's and it seems I wasn't too off, after all.

Lol, the coincidence of the heroine slipping and the hero "reflexively" saving her with the princess carry causing mutual love burst was pretty hilarious though. And then that coincidental bump in the "Neutral City". Yikes, I just couldn't help but face-palm.

Anyway, this show has got a decent following in Japan so hopefully things will only get better from here on.

Edit: I wonder why the MC decided to let a Witch (or perhaps that particular witch, for that matter) free though, would be kind of strange if it turns out to be a random move from his part lol.
_MushiRock11_Oct 7, 2020 11:08 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2020 11:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A world without war huh an admirable goal indeed. To think that after such a grave crime that Iska will be given a mission to atone himself with though. After a year in prison seeing the open sky again must be quite the experience. Thats quite the squad that Iska's part off though. Despite her clumsiness Mismis's cute. The first battle between the team and those ambush mages sure was interesting. Incap rather than kill sure was a nice move. Alice's entry on the field sure was majestic. The battle between Alice and Iska though sure was interesting especially in terms of techniques. To think that both are striving to find a way to end the war though. Its amusing how their shared passion for plays allowed the two to once more encounter each other in the most unlikely of places. Overall an interesting opening ep that did well to introduce the surprisingly modern world that this series is taking place in as well as the main characters of Iska and Alice and the war thats raging between their respective countries.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2020 11:20 AM

Aug 2020
the first episode gave me Romeo x Juliet vibes, the MC looks like Kirito, dual swords, black and messy hair. well, looks promising I'm looking forward to the next episode
Oct 7, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2016
I can't stress this enough, but I'm so glad that they used the character designs from the LN and not the manga, Alice looks stunning!

I'm up to date with the LN so I'll put this out here:

It's not a super original story, it's a twist on Romeo and Juliet. The worldbuilding is great and the main couple is cute, if you like this then you'll probably find some worth in watching it.

The story isn't amazing (not bad either) and the characters are generic yes so if you're tired of those tropes then don't watch this. But while the characters are generic, that doesn't mean that they're bad, that'll be up to your own judgment.
FireFistYKOct 7, 2020 12:45 PM
Oct 7, 2020 11:39 AM
Mar 2014
I liked the first episode, I will say the witches seem more interesting than the MC's team, and it was cool to see the different elemental magic in the first episode.
Oct 7, 2020 11:59 AM

Jun 2020
I came in skeptical so that was a nice surprise. I ended up liking it, and I'm excited to see how everything turns out.
Oct 7, 2020 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
Oh damn, that was good, or at least I personally loved it. One of my favorite first episodes of this season.

Pretty nice visuals as you would expect from Silver Link.

First episode and there are already so many best girls. Of course my favorite so far is Alice, I like her a lot but we'll see. I like this Romeo and Juliet concept.

I had to laugh when I heard Hayasaka (Yumiri Hanamori) from the maid xD.
Oct 7, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2019
this was a pretty enjoyable first episode
i like the two main characters
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Oct 7, 2020 12:43 PM

Apr 2010
Good animation but the story/plot so far feels a bit .... simple. Hoping for more.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Oct 7, 2020 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
Syureria said:
it all started from a handkerchief, I'm sure the ice girl has fallen in love.There is no problem in this anime, it's just that this broadcast time really bothers me.

Where did ya get this screenshot? It wasn't in the first ep. Trailer?
Oct 7, 2020 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
A very good start, I liked the characters and the animation. Another good anime for this season.
Oct 7, 2020 1:19 PM
Apr 2019
When I thought I finally found the best looking anime of this season....why this anime has such a generic plot,the dialogues were poor too .Fuck this season
Oct 7, 2020 1:20 PM

Dec 2019
Having read up to the latest English translations of the light novel, I'm excited to see what this show can bring. First ep was nothing great, but solid start.
Here we go again...
Oct 7, 2020 1:49 PM

Apr 2020
So a Romeo and Juliet story where Kirito and Asuna are on the opposite ends.
Oct 7, 2020 1:50 PM
Jul 2019
Smashed it i loved both mc and the fantasy world too
Oct 7, 2020 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
I wanted to say something like "MC gives serious Kirito vibes with his edgy black cape and dual wieoding", but actually he went through more character development than him on just one episode, do this would be an insult.

Oct 7, 2020 2:10 PM

May 2018
Sci-Fi vs Magic and Supernatural......watta good oxymoron adaptation...
Oct 7, 2020 2:14 PM

Jan 2017
So Romeo and Juliet but this time they look like Kirito and Ausna?

Well, "disappointing" is the kindest word that I can say for now...
Oct 7, 2020 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
I felt this had the potential to be another "trash isekai/fantasy" or be mediocre to decent, tho this episode proved me wrong, atleast on the subjective matter. I actually really enjoyed this first episode more than expected. I like the world building a lot and exactly my thing, both our main Hero and Heroine is exactly how I want them to be and their VA really fit imo. Their relation to each other reminds me a lot of Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet, and I loved that manga. What I hope for the rest of the anime is that it can stay serious and also focus a lot on both the action/war part but also the romance and hold both intact without any dumb gags etc. Like in a trash harem Iska would have grapped her boobs when she fail, but Im glad this anime ain't one of those anime. There are several other animes this season that I would rate higher, but Our Last Crusade is way more hyped for me than most of the ones I would rate higher. So lets hope rest of the show will keep up and show same quality as ep 1.
Oct 7, 2020 2:30 PM

Mar 2020
Iksa reminds me of a certain someone..............he reminds me of Kirito...............with his duel wielding............just me?

An all out war with an Empire against Nebulis with a love story blossoming between the two main characters Iksa and Aliceliese, Interesting, I want to watch more.

Oct 7, 2020 3:38 PM

Jun 2020
Lol dude's too similar to Kirito can't help but notice
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 7, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
Well, this got my interest. I nearly forgot about it.

The premise and setting is quite interesting, production looks good. Silver link been busy this year and honestly, I thought I saw Misha here again XD

This Alice girl is a total cutie though!!

The ending was pretty hilarious, ofcourse it had to be him!

Gotta love the Romeo and Juliet comparison with Kirito and Asuna I see mentioned in this thread, but I guess they aren't wrong XD Let's see what this show has in store for us, especially on the romance side of things.
Oct 7, 2020 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
I really enjoyed this episode, the ending was also funny.
Oct 7, 2020 4:15 PM

Feb 2018
dadnaya said:
Where did ya get this screenshot? It wasn't in the first ep. Trailer?
I never watched the trailer, I got the SS from DAnimeStore, their broadcast time is 30 minutes late so I can post now... Excuse my late response, i was sleeping, lul.

SS is from the preview of the second episode which is at the end of first episode, try to check it again.

SyureriaOct 7, 2020 4:25 PM
Oct 7, 2020 4:20 PM

May 2020
First ep so far quite good, I liked the design and the world.

Promising
Oct 7, 2020 4:32 PM
Nov 2017
Ellenwitch said:
Huh, lot of flashy magic on screen, and that ending lmao, bit priceless. Could be a fun series honestly. Really could be.

Characters seem quite nice, and the story isn't too bad so far, will keep up to date with it for sure. A forbidden magic love story, seems like real fun.

She is gorgeous and hell I wouldn’t mind a harem between Alice nene and his captain lol. Tbh this already seems like it will go exactly like the opera she was watching and it will end up being like Romeo and Juliet or one will just have to kill the other. I hope I’m wrong but I did spoil myself with one small look at the titles of chapters and people said it was a death match I think
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2020

70 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Apr 25, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2020

51 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2020

57 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2020

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2020

52 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.