Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Arte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2020 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, the timeskip. I mean, about 6 months now? Interesting.

And not to mention, we're getting a feature of art and drawing skills in this series. As usual, I find the character chemistry between Arte and the main cast pretty entertaining, in particular between her and Leo in this episode.

I think Arte so far has been a decent apprentice.
Apr 18, 2020 7:00 AM

Nov 2010
The show is not impressive as usual. I almost forgot the past few episodes.
Apr 18, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
Another absolutely brilliant episode. It’s amazing to get an anime that takes us to a realistic reconstruction of renaissance Europe while remaining historically accurate. As an AC fan it’s cool to see so many of the places from the second game animated too

One of the best parts of the show is how cute Arte’s faces are. Jealous Arte is one of my faves: https://imgur.com/a/IJqvYgI

Arte is so clumsy and it’s adorable. Even though she causes them to have to leave the dissection early, Leo doesn’t get upset or even scold her, moment actually brings them really close ;)

I’m so glad she got to help out with her first job. Invaluable experience and a great way to learn what clients are really looking for

The shed has also come a long way from how it was in episode 2, she’s done a great job of renovating it.

Flustered Arte is adorable too: https://imgur.com/a/btg6zIn

The show continues to be one of my faves of the season for its originality and new perspective. This reminds me a lot of the relationship between Violet and her boss in VE, except Arte is a much happier Violet. Looks like she’s got a crush and it’s gonna be fun to see where it goes from here!
Apr 18, 2020 8:09 AM

Jul 2017
I know I've read the manga and I'm not a fan of it too, but yeah, the anime is definitely not a step up from a pretty substanceless manga.

I like the setting in theory but the actual content in Arte continues to be unimpressive in my opinion. It doesn't take advantage of the setting and utilize it to its fullest potential, instead I feel like it uses the setting as a crutch to lean on as the characters don't really stand out in particular for that time.

The visuals continue to be very boring and again, doesn't bring out the potential in an interesting time period and setting like the Renaissance and Italy. The only real thing going for Arte that I like is the music, but otherwise, a very flat and underwhelming start.

A mediocre adaptation of a mediocre manga so far.
Apr 18, 2020 8:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She loves Leo it's obvious, that's why she feels weird
Apr 18, 2020 8:29 AM

Dec 2014
nice 6 months passed..she sure is progressing fast
Apr 18, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
Good thing Arte was able to help out Leo with that painting. It's a valuable experience for her.

Arte has a crush on Leo.

Apr 18, 2020 8:47 AM
Sep 2015
Leo didn't need to bring Arte to dissection meeting, he can use his DILF body to be a nude model for Arte! (though I want to be the only one to see him)

Also Arte is mentally weaker? First she easily fallen in love with Leo, and she's quickly discourage by multiple drawing rejection even though she love drawing the most. She always do all the hard work without complaining before.
Apr 18, 2020 9:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Here we go with the Romance element! Arte dear, you're sick. Lovesick, that is. Arte's dad is proud, I'm sure. Solid buildup with the jealousy first up, fleeing scene and finally the finishing touches with the final scene before the ED rolled in. Can't wait to see where this'll go by the end of the season!

A little moment of hesitation and struggles but it's good to see that she's finally back on her toes. I'm surprised she didn't figure the mistake out in the first try to be honest, I suppose she was just too frantic about it to think straight.

Dissection in hospital and that as reference, huh? Painters sure have it tough. Pretty risky business there though, I must say.

Arte's "gambaruzo~" to conceal her joy was one hilarious moment xD. Leo-san's confusion made it all the more lol for me. Jealous and flustered face were right up there too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 18, 2020 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
Not sure i understand the low score of this series so far
Another great episode in my opinion.
Apr 18, 2020 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
Meh. Dropped.

This show is so tropey wherever it can that it's so just paintful to watch. The author doesn't even have a clear message he/she wants to portray. We would see Arte acting as strong independant girl in the two previous episodes, but all she needs to fall for the guy is just to let him grab her ass and hold her close to him? We could switch the Florence 16th century setting and take out the assgrabbiing for just a regular highschool with Arte being a student and Leo being a resident teacher and it would be exactly the same thing. I'm always up for a good romance, but this one feels so cheaply forced.

Expanding a bit on the tropes, seriously... How hard was for Leo to tell Arte from the very beginning to make the background a lot simpler? Nope, it all has to fall down to the trope of aprentices doing redundant work and letting them find out what they are doing wrong. How the hell would Arte know what the client wants if she never met the client herself? Sure, portraits are supposed to have a lot more focus on the person. But the a big part of Renaissance period was about renewing art, bringing something new to the table, there was the possibility of this alleged client to want something different.

Is Leo some kind pf psychic? How the hell did Leo knew Arte felt like she was in the way? What part of her body language or her words made him think that way? This feels like a big part of the original source was taken out just to rush the story or the author is a real dumbass that doesn't know how to thread human interactions in a fictional story.
Apr 18, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
D'awww Arte is in love. How precious.
Apr 18, 2020 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed it as usual. However, it was more of like than love for me.

Arte was kind of annoying in the first part of this episode, why did she scream when pushed back? Also what does it matter if her hat falls off? Does her appearance automatically transform from boy to girl with a simple hat? Another thing, so what if they saw her? What were they going to do if they caught her? Kill her?

Anyway, it's pretty obvious who her romantic interest will be but the question is, will it progress?
臭い-
Apr 18, 2020 9:50 AM

Jan 2020
I've never read the manga and I'm usually not for this genre of anime but, kinda randomly, I've found myself watching the first episode and well... I loved it! It's like a breath of fresh air, well characterized (imo) and with nice topics other than art itself.
Loved this ep too and, being a fan of Arte&Leo since, like, the moment they met -lol- I'm so glad to see they're starting to build the "romance-side" of the story!
Can't wait for the next episode :3
Apr 18, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2015
So it's Leo after all, who'll be a love interest, not the boy from the previous episode, huh. I'm not sure how I feel about it, well, maybe it's actually a bit more interesting with Leo. Either way, I'd prefer it to be more focused on her own path rather than any romance.
Apr 18, 2020 10:01 AM

Jan 2016
So for this episode we got to see Arte finally helping Leo in his work, at least for the background. I thought that Arte's background was spectacular, but it does make sense that she shouldn't do much work for it as the main object of the painting was the woman herself, and that the background shouldn't be that detailed. I think it was also a good thing that Leo left it for Arte to figure that out, as it wouldn't be good for an artist to be told everything in order for them to properly grow as one.

Wasn't able to see the preview for the next episode, but I can't wait for it!
Apr 18, 2020 10:20 AM

Oct 2010
Romance aspect of this is pretty dumb, rushed, and poorly written
Apr 18, 2020 10:24 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Arte is absolutely precious. I love her. <3
Her flustered reactions were adorable and I love the fact that Leo is letting her work on projects much earlier than the regular apprentice.

It was nice to see her figure out that her background was far too detailed to be in that picture.
Apr 18, 2020 10:25 AM

Mar 2008
Those how are liking this anime, have fun.
Unfortunately I know how it's not being as good as it should, or maybe I should say I'm fortunate for knowing how good and better the manga is.
This adaptation have nothing to offer for me, so ciao.

Stark700 said:

Whoa, the timeskip. I mean, about 6 months now? Interesting.

But did you noticed how the weather was cold despite being after the carnivale? That's because they messed with the chapter orders.

I can't understand the though process behind this script. It's to emphasize and exaggerate the romance between Arte and Leo? An non-existent romance? What Arte is feeling is less love and more sexual awakening, because she is still young and had no such close contact with adult man besides her father. Years have already passed up to where I read and nothing happened, because the story have other much important concerns.
I don't understand not only because of that, but also because makes no sense for Leo to bring Arte to the hospital, something risk for both of them, before having her help with a random painting and other things. Thing about that, the background that Arte did was six months after becoming Leo apprentice, the visit to the hospital was even later, maybe nine months after, because these things take time. Also makes no sense for Arte to force her way into Danilo's workshop so soon, it's absurd that such a novice would even think about doing something like that with the troubles she could bring to Leo.

Other minor things are just as "offensive" to me, for example Leo explaining to Arte what she was doing wrong instead of just hinting and having her figure by herself. Or the lack of energy on her optimism which changes her personality a lot in my eyes, to not mention again the poor art and animation.

I hate the tome the direction chose for this anime.
Apr 18, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
Arte makes the goofiest faces.
Apr 18, 2020 10:31 AM
Apr 2019
Wait, wait, wait... what exactly is the age gap between Leo and Arte?
Apr 18, 2020 10:39 AM
Feb 2012
Kougeru said:
Romance aspect of this is pretty dumb, rushed, and poorly written

its because this is not a romance anime despite how it looks

Apr 18, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2008
Kimurah said:
Meh. Dropped.

This show is so tropey wherever it can that it's so just paintful to watch. The author doesn't even have a clear message he/she wants to portray. We would see Arte acting as strong independant girl in the two previous episodes, but all she needs to fall for the guy is just to let him grab her ass and hold her close to him? We could switch the Florence 16th century setting and take out the assgrabbiing for just a regular highschool with Arte being a student and Leo being a resident teacher and it would be exactly the same thing. I'm always up for a good romance, but this one feels so cheaply forced.

Expanding a bit on the tropes, seriously... How hard was for Leo to tell Arte from the very beginning to make the background a lot simpler? Nope, it all has to fall down to the trope of aprentices doing redundant work and letting them find out what they are doing wrong. How the hell would Arte know what the client wants if she never met the client herself? Sure, portraits are supposed to have a lot more focus on the person. But the a big part of Renaissance period was about renewing art, bringing something new to the table, there was the possibility of this alleged client to want something different.

Is Leo some kind pf psychic? How the hell did Leo knew Arte felt like she was in the way? What part of her body language or her words made him think that way? This feels like a big part of the original source was taken out just to rush the story or the author is a real dumbass that doesn't know how to thread human interactions in a fictional story.

Contrary to what @animejas said, all this is the fault of this adaptation.
The animation isn't building the individual characters.I already talked like I don't see Arte on anime's Arte, how her personality feels different. This is valid also for Leo. He is very taciturn and hard to read. He was in no rush to finish and he has a bit of communication problem and sometimes needs to make a conscious effort to convey what he wants to say. This causes a good amount of anguish to Arte in the beginning because she have a tendency of being pessimist in this situation when she "fails", because she is still uncertain about her future and everything (also why he just hints instead of explaining the problem for her in this case).

I can clearly show the difference with a single image:

PaninaManinaApr 18, 2020 10:48 AM
Apr 18, 2020 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
welp the Angelo x Arte ship that was mostly non-existent is already starting to fade away

but hey, finally a good episode that doesn't repeat the same one liners over and over again for eternity. Now if only it could continue this style more

That being said given how dense everybody is I feel like this will be the most (or at least close to the most) romance this show's gonna offer
Apr 18, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Arte has guts allright, she didn't even budge once while watching the dissection. Seems like Arte's falling for Leo already, dunno how this romance will go but let's hope for the best.
Apr 18, 2020 11:27 AM

Feb 2020
Skipped six months in the show would like to see what’s happening of her family’s side of things hopefully soon cause I can definitely see it later in rejecting her love. Another great ep of arte’s intoxicating smile :)

Apr 18, 2020 11:28 AM

Sep 2018
Ah~! This episode lasts too little, and since time has flown, I want more. Nice and funny this episode, it cannot be said that his vision was heavy, far from it. Narratively it was as pleasant as the previous ones, that's why you don't notice the time spent looking at it. I await the next episode with the same interest that the previous ones have raised so far.
Apr 18, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2018
Oh 6 months later the girl has made such improvements, too bad she falling over a man who probably can pass as her otosan.
Apr 18, 2020 1:06 PM

Mar 2013
Ugh the episode was a massive blow for someone who started shipping Arte x Angelo from previous episode lol
So that I don't get my hopes up, can a manga reader tell me if there's romance in it and whether I can keep rooting for Angelo?
Apr 18, 2020 1:07 PM

Nov 2015
Hmm. Alright. Mixed feelings.

Arte is a good main character. She's adorable and enjoyable to watch. Leo is fine as a love interest, whatever. Although, I don't think they're an endgame pair... or really something the show will focus on. I suspect Arte will have a one-sided crush on him, and that's probably all.

This show had an interesting premise with a setting and plot we don't really get to see HOWEVER-

It's so... underwhelming. It feels like this could have taken place in the modern age, considering how the main characters act and... vibe(?). It really feels, more and more, that the only reason this takes place in the renaissance era... is to just... throw some unpleasant misogyny in, which the girl boss main character has to rISE against. It's just a lame attempt at addressing a very real issue. Lazy and uninspiring. The author has failed to take advantage of the setting to give a good story with genuine and powerful moments.

Considering dropping.
Apr 18, 2020 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
i really adored this episode. starting with the chemistry between Arte and Leo and- ending up with their chemistry again :)

"am i sick?" no, dear Arte- that burning chest sensation is your heart slowly falling for Leo. to be fair with you, i didn't expect this anime to turn romantically, i still am not- more like master/student relationship. yet on the other hand, i really got flustered while watching, especially that in between legs tight snuggling aaaaaaaaa ////
doki doki sounds

her persistence and perseverance, overall dedication for drawing (and getting better at it) is alluring. i'd agree with her father and Leo- these things have their charm

Leo acting protective (and their huge body differences hahaha), i really hope he won't break her heart somewhere in the near future with an one-sided crush or some platonic love whatsoever
Apr 18, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2019
Arte was really cute in this ep, I liked it a lot
She keeps learning, Leo seems more interested in her now, wonder what will happen next
Apr 18, 2020 2:08 PM

May 2019
This episode was pretty cute. I don't know what people who dislike were expecting.

It is historically accurate, the main characters are nice. Arte has never encountered any man who has recognised her through her work, so it's only natural for her to fall for the first man who does. plus he's a hottie how could she not fall for him I currently see this as a crush of youth, a student developing a crush on her teacher but let's see where this goes in the future.

I'm satisfied with this anime so far.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 18, 2020 2:16 PM

Nov 2010
Bibimbapski said:
I enjoyed it as usual. However, it was more of like than love for me.

Arte was kind of annoying in the first part of this episode, why did she scream when pushed back? Also what does it matter if her hat falls off? Does her appearance automatically transform from boy to girl with a simple hat? Another thing, so what if they saw her? What were they going to do if they caught her? Kill her?

Anyway, it's pretty obvious who her romantic interest will be but the question is, will it progress?

Because it's a natural reflex. Someone pushed her,it hurt and she screamed. She looked androgynous in boys clothes but people were just not giving it much thought thinking it's just because it's a pre-teen boy or something (11 years old boys already had full time jobs in those times) but once she screamed and her hair cut was revealed it was obvious she was girl and not a young boy. They were probably going to beat her up yeah to keep her silent and with this many people she would probably ended up if not dead on the brink of death and Leo is an artist so he can not defend her against as many people or injure his hands so they ran.
Apr 18, 2020 2:21 PM
May 2017
Woah this show gets way to much underserved hate. I am surprised to see mostly people hating on the show on the comments. In my opinion the show looks pretty good in general, and this is far from my most liked genre of anime so that is saying something.
Join Unpleb, a hub with a small tight-knit community who enjoy geeking out and don't shy away from having spirited discussions. We cherish diverse opinions and critical thinking and would love to have you fellow anime & manga fans with us! Hop in the server and say hi!

Unpleb - Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/hprTq2Vv6P
Apr 18, 2020 3:48 PM

Nov 2016
Wouldn't it have been better to keep pretending Arte was a boy instead of chasing them away? Well anyway, gave her the opportunity to learn about the male sexual dimorphism and it's characteristics. Seeing up Leo close definitely triggered something in her and it probably will come handy as an artist.

Also was pretty nice that Arte successfully managed to wrap up her first job.

Pretty good episode again, but when I read comments that also bring up how this series is pushing the "romance" then I don't know how to feel about it. It's certainly not the focus and it shouldn't be. As of now I don't mind it, but gotta see how things will develop on that front.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2020 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
Arte was fine with a human dissection, but seeing Leo-san's face up-close was too much for her. xD I guess she will start to get more and more conscious of him from now on, and she can't be blamed for it. lol Then her first work. I think that she would have got it right on her second try if he guided her from the start instead of just saying that it wasn't good, but I guess that he was trying to teach her something and that her many attempts at it became good practice? Anyway, it was a success. And a man, besides her father, is acknowledging her charms, which was was, again, too much for her. xD Can't wait to know more about the courtesan now.
Apr 18, 2020 4:17 PM

Feb 2019
"I think a woman like you is way more charming" Leo is a man of great taste.
Apr 18, 2020 8:22 PM

Nov 2019
Can someone spoil me if she ends up with this boring love interest? (Leo)
Apr 18, 2020 8:30 PM

May 2017
Idk why the romance between leo and arte is the main focus that keep interest me to watching the show instead lthe paint/art thing ol xD
Apr 18, 2020 10:23 PM

Sep 2018
Another excellent episode. 9/10. The animation looks fine to me, but of course, you have the morons complaining about the adaptation lmao.

Animation brings drawings to life, it's superior in every way. Even the most half arsed animation is just simply better than it's source. Deal with it.
Apr 18, 2020 11:02 PM

Jun 2017
"She's got guts." So did the corpse on the table.
TirinchasApr 18, 2020 11:05 PM

Apr 19, 2020 3:51 AM
Jan 2018
Are they adding more romance then there should be ?? , Becouse it seems like it ,

I read a few chapters and seems Arte just has a crush and one sided which could be for many other reasons then her mentors looks
Apr 19, 2020 3:59 AM

Apr 2009
Kimurah said:

How hard was for Leo to tell Arte from the very beginning to make the background a lot simpler? .

Also the final picture the background still had more details than there were in her first version XD
Apr 19, 2020 5:33 AM
Apr 2018
Arte is such a cutie.

and Leo is one hot DILF.
Apr 19, 2020 7:14 AM

May 2019
Well at first I had thought we'd see the growth of a father-daughter archetypal relationship... I guess they're closer in age than I thought lmaoo

In all seriousness, though, this show just gets better as it goes on.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 19, 2020 8:43 AM
Jul 2017
This is the type of anime that Pop Team Epic made fun of.

I wish they'd spent more time on the backgrounds and the general "look" of things. This is too generic.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Apr 19, 2020 10:07 AM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Here's what I think.

On one hand, I can say that this episode was a breath of fresh air. There wasn't any blatant "beating over the head" in regards to Arte being a girl. Nice subtle hints like her having to crossdress is plenty good.

But at the same time, I do feel like there are an awful ton of timeskips. I imagine in the span of the six months either Arte is figuratively 'dead' to her mother, or her mother did attempt to do something about Arte that just hasn't been touched up on yet. We all know she went away from home but would the mother really want her daughter out about when there aren't any explicitly mentioned brothers or sisters to inherit the family fortune?

This episode has set up romantic feelings, which is definitely something to play with. Guess she'll have to learn to juggle love and work. Being in love with a boss can be.. messy.

Arte's first assignment served a good purpose for her learning to adapt to more collaborative work. I can't say that the animation of this episode was stellar but I've seen worse from other shows. I hope that the episodes only get better from here.
Apr 19, 2020 1:05 PM
Apr 2019
The love is in the air
Apr 19, 2020 2:19 PM
Dec 2017
Ashhk said:
She loves Leo it's obvious, that's why she feels weird

or, she's having a heart attack, we don't know
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

127 by BiggKab »»
Jan 14, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

144 by ashura_chan »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:47 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

49 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

66 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.